The Angston Years( Gritty/Slice Of Life)

Chris_Reaper

Demon Slayer
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
I am open to all types of genre's, my main ones however are Sci-fi Horror and Action. The only RP's I'd rather not due are any threads dealing with any type pf homosexual themes or manga or anime type RP's.
THE ANGSTON YEARS.jpg

Old Angston, New York, ya know it's funny, there was never a more fitting name for a town. It's so weird to be back here after so many years. But I'll tell you the truth, those were some of the best and worst years of my life. I know that's an odd thing to say, but there's really no other way to describe it. There was nothing inherently special about this town, in most respects, it was just like any other synthesis of small towns with a strangely big city feel. But there's one thing that made Angston stand out from any other place I've ever been...and that was the friends I had here. I don't think you would've ever found a tighter crew. We were all twenty something's, all lacking direction, and all just trying to find our way and figure out who we were in this crazy world. We shared love, loss, pain, self discovery...but most of all we shared our lives together. Good, bad and just about everything in between. This is that story, these are my memories...something I like to call "The Angston Years".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this will be a much grittier version of "Friends" basically. A story about a tightly knit group of young people who share every wild, crazy and tragic experience in each other's lives. This will be a collaborative RP as well, as I'm quite unsure about the ultimate direction this will go in. I'm also playing around with the idea to add in a slight mystery element as well, maybe have the group deal with a tragic/mysterious event that results in the fracturing of the group, leading everybody to go their separate ways. Possibly an unsolved disappearance or even murder. We'll see how the interest level is first than go from there.

Count me in.

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
I’d definitely be interested!

Count me in as well. :3

This seems like fun. Count me in as well!

Huh, it only took like three weeks for anyone else to notice this.

Huh, it only took like three weeks for anyone else to notice this.
I would have sooner, but I had a much needed vacation and it was one of the first when I came back!

I do think it’s an interesting story though, I think we could all have a little fun with it!

I would have sooner, but I had a much needed vacation and it was one of the first when I came back!

I do think it’s an interesting story though, I think we could all have a little fun with it!

I'll be honest, the vibe I took from it isn't so much "Friends" as it is Donna Tartt's "The Secret History".

I dont think I was active three weeks ago. I was orange then. :p

I'll be honest, the vibe I took from it isn't so much "Friends" as it is Donna Tartt's "The Secret History".

I haven’t seen that! I pictures a “Friends” and “Pretty Little Liars” mix up! Either way I’m excited for it! I hope it’s something we can start. I think that makes 5 of us interested?

It's a book, and a bit of a doorstop at that. Tartt's a brilliant writer but she does write massive tomes.

Reactions: MarilynFae
I’m interested.

Sure, I'm still in.

Sweetness.

Me also!

I'll have an OOC up by the end of the weekend...

Give this song a listen. Very angsty and fits this RP perfectly I think. Put you in the mood.

View attachment 190151

There was nothing inherently special about this town, in most respects, it was just like any other synthesis of small towns with a strangely big city feel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
chemical synthesis goods at Chloromethyl methyl ether | MOM chloride | ClCH2OCH3 – Ereztech

This story is like our life. Anything started, anything ended. But we can simplify it with the help of small or large helpers. As mentioned above. Will try and check.

What?