The Ambassadorial Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Kyhaln asked It about It's name Zelx answered his question as they walked of towards the bar where the slug like creature was sitting. "I was given the name Zelx, and yes while we do have a Hive-Mind it is made out of the collective psyche of all living life-forms within the Savaant. Each mind a sentient being, and each one of them working in wonderfull harmony." Zelx gazed up into the roof with It's humanoid head as it spoke, the Symbiote made sure It didn't walk into something. "And we do not have genders, after all we are all made by the Hive-Mind to serve a purpose mine is to act as a Ambassador for The Savaant."

As they reached the bar Zelx said. "Indeed, more people could be quite intriguing." It walked and sat down to the Kyhaln, as It didn't want to bother the other two if they do not wish to open up a convesation with Zelx then It woudn't look silly. "Oh." Zelx sudenly said as It looked at the wide variety of drinks and foods that existed at the bar, It hadn't thought about it before but as It's companion had ordered a drink It remembered something that should have been corrected on the flight to the Ball. "I just remembered, I do not posses a mouth at the moment." Realising the mistake it had made forced it into a chuckle.

Once the little chuckle attack it turned towards the slug like species and the floating one it said. "Good evening, I hope that the day has been going well for the two of you." Zelx bowed slightly and finished with. "I am Zelx of the Savaant."

"Oh no. You misunderstand me friend! I inherited the empire from my father. I simply called it his empire as to show I have not been able to do much to change it so far. As for the ideological changes. Well, our people are attempting to follow the path of.... I guess you could call it self-defense. we do not actively go to war, nor do we wish war for others, but we will defend our allies and people to the death."

If Bodjek wasn't misinterpreting Verain's words, he was the one who had already inherited command of the empire. The Nulra laughed, a little awkwardly but still in a friendly manner. "Sir, if you are not a prince, but an emperor, all the more reason to show you due respect! It is an honor. My rank doesn't even come close to matching yours." His expression then turned more serious. "But if you mean to say that your empire was aggressive until recently and has taken strides towards peace, I humbly extend to you my approval and appreciation. I personally believe it wise to refrain from battle if it is not necessary. But nor do I fault you for being protective of yourself or your own kind..." He looked away, thinking of Legatus again. "Perhaps that is something my own ilk might want to look into," he muttered. "It has taken my kind centuries to shrug off the tenacious grasp of war in exchange for utter, unconditional peace...looking down on even the urge to lash out in self-defense. But perhaps that total aversion is something worth questioning."

A new voice caught his attention then. He turned to the source and saw that the tall guy with the exoskeleton had been joined by the strange, faceless, eyeball-winged creature he'd noticed earlier. It introduced itself as Zelx of the Savaant. Bodjek bit back any reservations about talking to such a bizarre-looking being and smiled once more. "Ah, pleasure to meet you!" He dipped his head. "I am Bodjek of the Nulra. And this," he said as he indicated Verain, "is Emperor Verain of the Fibrosians."

Legatus resisted the urge to sigh. While the Curabitur council had told her that price was no object, the amount was making her hesitant. Before she could agree to anything, she wanted figures and specifics first. She doubted that one species' fleet would be able to defeat the Exen. He suggested alternate payments, this sparked Legatus' curiosity.

"How big is your fleet?" She asked "And what kind of alternate payments are we talking about?"

Nagrorr's cruiser pulled up to the station, and a large dock extended out and connected to the airlock. Nagrorr grinded his teeth, and stood up, strapping up his jumpsuit. The press of a single button around the waist fastened it to his body, becoming a form of skin. Normally you wouldn't be able to feel anything beyond the suit, but the fact that this suit was practically up against his innards, even the slightest touch would be picked up by his nervous system. The press of another button pressurized the suit with meldranian air. Finally, Nagrorr adjusted the artificial gil, which would allow him to breath naturally on this station, without any complex chemical or quantum altercations. Nagrorr dressed himself in his favorite skins and jewelry to finish the look. He was ready.

Nagrorr took his first steps on to the station, and was approached by a floating crystal. Nagrorr unconsciously took disgust at how artificial this thing looked. Crossing his arms, he arched his neck back.

"Welcome to the Ambassadorial Ball, Nagrorr of Meldra!" the crystal said, giving him a handout. "Here you will find a map of the facility, and it's many attractions!" it said. Nagrorr shoved the handout into his pocket, and rolled his eyes back towards the airlock, where his pilot stood.

"Be back in 13 hours, understood?" Nagrorr said, not familiar how the time system worked here. The pilot gave him an uneasy look, his face not being hidden behind the jumpsuit.

"13 hours. You are sure of this?"
"Yes, I am sure."
"... Very well." the short Kra said, returning into the airlock of the cruiser.

The cruiser pulled away from the station, and returned into deep space. Nagrorr twitched his jaw, and looked back to the crystal.

"So where can I acquire alcoholic beverages?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"My fleet consists of 5 ravager class battlecruisers complete with fighter and bomber squadrons, 7 frigates and 3 gunships. The cruisers also carry 4 tank companies and 2 regiments of troops each. All Xyrians and mostly Xyrian hardware. Plenty for most planetary wars, and a good, strong addition to any fleet." As he spoke, he reached into a pocket and pulled out a small disk that he threw onto the table, where it created a hologram above it containing information on his troops and fleet.

"And by alternate payment, I mean hardware. Credits and hardware are the two things I accept as pay."

Kyhaln was still laughing behind his mouth-plates from Zelxs unfortunate lack of a mouth when the Savaant introduced himself to the slug, Bodjek of the Nulra. The Dehlgyr almost choked on his drink when the floating Fibrosian was introduced. *An Emperor! He went as his own ambassador! Stupidity or recklessness doesnt even begin to describe it.* He turned his head towards Verain, the slight angle of it expressing his amazement as he took a deep taste of the drink in his hand, not entirely sure how he should go about the man. Instead choosing to adress the Nulra.

"A Nurla, I dont think my race has ever had the pleasure honored Bodjek. I am Kyhaln of the Dehlgyr Order, pleased to make your acquaintance. You as well Emperor Verain, Fibrosians... I seem to remember having helped one of your fleets during my early years as a commander." Kyhaln started as he extended a hand first to the Nulra and then to the Fibrosian. Before he heard what he had said, *and there went the notion of keeping a low profile, oh well* the Dehlgyr continued, seeing as his cover had probably not been of any reassurance for the other ambassadors peace of mind.

"
Me and Zelx here overheard the end of your earlier discussion with the... Xyrian and the glowing female. As well as your current one. I take it you are having doubts regarding peace as a standpoint?" If one was attentive, they might have noticed the shine in Kyhalns eyes. Peace, had not been an option for the Dehlgyrs, and the idea of races that lived and strived for it never ceased to amuse him. Not that he thought less of those races, simply that they lived in the bliss of ignorance. He beckoned the bartender as he noticed the lack of liquid in his glass. When had that happened?

Tani Raane, the Prisik ambassador a long way from the comfort of her planet, stared at the station with a rapt attention, her four fingered hands checking over the seals on her suit. The small ship given to her by her government for transportation to and from the Ambassadorial Ball, drifted closer to the station as she made the final preparations. The ship docked, and the Prisik female stepped onto the station floor, her thoughts wandering between what the worst case scenarios and daydreams of what new races of space-faring aliens she may encounter. Were there any races similar to hers, she wondered, slightly daunted by the thought of none of the other races being even slightly similar to hers. Turning to the polite behind her, a Prisik male who seemed uninterested in her throughout the entire journey, she asked him to be listening for her to call him through the communicators in her breather helmet. He nodded and she headed inside, steeling her nerves.
((I hope this is okay...))

Only after a few awkward moments did Eleki realize that extending her hand was a mistake. Her race had made the poor assumption when they'd first attempted to invade Tho'Nakr's homeworld that having no arms or legs meant physical weakness. They had proven that quite untrue. The President Elect was further taken aback when she felt something touch her still-outstretched limb. She then heard his voice and as he explained the Arcrayan relaxed.

"My apologies. As you said, it is a difficult name to pronounce and I was informed that Tho'Nakr would do." She looked at her hand that had received the phantom touch and placed it behind her back. "Forgive me. I'm not used to psychic contact. But you have only the slightest grasp of how happy I am that you've invited me. Given what my predecessor was willing to do to your world - your beautiful world and its beautiful people - I would have understood hard feelings. That's why I'm here, after all. To try and make amends for my race."

She looked about. There were so many people for her to talk to, and so many that perhaps demanded Tho'Nakr's attentions.

"If it's alright with you, I'd like to mingle now. I suspect there are many others who would like to speak with you. I myself wish to in more detail later."

Her hand moved automatically to shake his again before she caught herself. Eleki chose instead to make a small, polite bow to pay respects and walked away. Who would she speak to now?

"No, it's fine. Tho'Nakr is the first part of my name, after all. And believe me, we hold no grudges towards your people for what you did. We rebuilt and regrew, while we felt that we did enough in return as well." He sent back with a slightly darkened aura, before lighting up again. "But, of course. Mingle! That was the whole idea behind this event! With some luck, we'll talk again later! Until then!" He returned the bow by tilting himself slightly towards her, before ending the link and hovering away.

He got a message that two new guests had arrived, and so he hovered towards the entrance again, finding the two new guests, still not greeted by anyone, so he decided to do it himself. He made a psychic link to both of them, before sending them his words. "Welcome, friends, to Hama'Ro! I'm glad you could come, and I hope you will find what you're searching for! I am Grand Ambassador Tho'Nakr'Haras Nae'Hoon of the Nae'Thran, and I will be your host for this event!" He linked, glowing a pleasant purple to welcome them!

On her own again the Raptir woman headed for the bar. She didn't care much for alcoholic drinks. Instead she ordered something without a nice colourful drink. Interesting fragrance and taste but not to bad. Sipping from it she noticed a Dehlgyr and blinked in surprise to find that species around here was a surprise. For some the world is smaller than one could imagine.

Though it seemed this one was busy. She took a seat at the chair instead of standing and looked around nodding courteously towards the ambassadors the recognised her. There where a few of them whose people lived nearby her people. And luckily they where all minor and quite humble civilisations. Then a small stream of new guests arrived stealing the attention from quite a few already getting comfortable in the ball room.

The tall being with the exoskeleton spoke up next, introducing himself as a Dehlgyr named Kyhaln. Despite a comment he made about being a military commander, he too seemed friendly, and Bodjek shook his offered hand with a smile (though he did have to awkwardly reach up a ways). He wouldn't have expected military folk like both Verain and Kyhaln to be so amiable.

What wiped the smile off of Bodjek's face, however, was Kyhaln's next probing question. He glanced down at his glass as his mane stilled and darkened. I don't want to sound pretentious or foolish. But how else am I supposed to talk about this around fighters? He sighed. "You could say that, yes," he said, looking back up at the Dehlgyr. "Peace has been something my people have strived to reach for centuries. You can't stop people from bickering and loathing, of course, that's life. But we are proud to have reached an environment in which acting out through violence is nigh-universally frowned upon. I find it difficult to accept that that ideal might be a bad thing. Is it not right to wish for minimal bloodshed? I would think it noble!" He paused for breath, realizing he was getting worked up, and took another sip of his glass to soothe his nerves. "Maybe our error is in thinking that philosophy would work when dealing outside our own race. We have a preconception throughout the Klaressan Confederacy that violence is crude and wrong. But you can't expect a war party from halfway across the galaxy to care, now can you?" He finished off his glass and turned back to the counter, hoping to catch the bartender's eye for another. "I would hate to violate our principles, as would my colleagues. None of us would want to be hypocrites. But a lot of good a white flag will do when we've got Exen at our front gates..." He took back his freshly refilled glass with a quiet "thanks" and slumped against the bar, looking bitter and tired.

Rikon noticed as more and more beings gathered around the bar area. So he nudged Karum in the side and said "Why don't we get a drink, maybe a blood whiskey or a Spirit of Genoma. I bet they have those drinks being served. Why not check it out?" Karum nodded and shrugged his shoulders in agreement, "Maybe we can get a few shots of On the Brink."

As they walked over to the bar area, they remembered those three main drinks, and how tasteful they are to them. The Blood Whiskey is a strong drink usually the color of blood from the person ordering it. The drink itself is a highly alcoholic drink after several glasses and could become dangerous to ones health. The Bloodlights of Genoma prefer this drink especially for its hammering flavor, that most beings cannot taste, the sweet taste of actual blood. Though the Bloodlights are not vampiric like beings they feel the drink enhances their blood controlling power. The Spirit of Genoma is a wine that has the richest of flavors around Genoma, the sweetness of a Darin Berry, the sourness of a Blue Oazoan Orange, and the fire of a Devil Drakundro fruit, all combined into one make a delectable drink. On the brink is almost completely pure alcohol, with the only flavor being the bitter taste of a Garun fruit. This shot of alcohol put's most Genomians on the brink of being drunk, hence the name On the Brink.

Rikon and Karum had walked up to the bar, ordering the drinks they had talked about. These two were such alcoholics that the alcohol just passed right through them, never causing them to get drunk, unless if they were having more drinks than they could count. If they couldn't count the amount of drinks they had, then you could count them as drunk. They sat as close as they could, listening to the conversations as best as they could.

Nagrorr looked around, standing before Tho'Nakr, wondering where the voice came from. He then stopped his search, realizing it was the being before him. Nagrorr shuddered.

"Greetings. Do you have an actual voice? I do not like people in my head." Nagrorr said, nervously shifting his feet. Nagrorr looked up to Tho'Nakr, mentally taking down any appearance notes.

Verain, noticing Bodjek's behaviour, deided to say something. "Bodjek, I would like to say that itis very noble of you to defend your people, and you and your people have all my respect for wanting peace. But I am afraid that in this day and age, absolute, unaltered peace is frankly impossible as of now. You are right in saying that a war party would not care for such things, so, I wish there were a better way to say this. But having no military or atleast self defesive force is quite simply inviting death to your door. Sure, it may not be immediate, but one day something is guarenteed to happen. And when it does, you do not want to be unprepared." Verain tried to sound as accepting and comforting as possible through his deep, cyber-like voice.

The Nulra seemed quite troubled by the possible faults in his peoples ideology, weighting peace against the prospect of war-like races trampling over them. It was interesting to say the least, and the Fibrosian emperor seemed to share Kyhalns view of the slimy little guy. Reassuring him in the noble nature of striving for peace, but also highlighting the wisdom in Bodjeks new-found dilemma. Having a personal crisis at such a meeting as this might lead to rash decisions. *The question is if I should help him keep a level head and rational trail of though, or if I should rush him towards alliances that would mean my own peoples profit?* Kyhaln decided to calm the Nulras nerves to begin with.

"I agree with Verain on the matter, honored Bodjek. You are right in viewing the negatives of your peoples pacifist nature, but I must also say that I admire your strive for peace and the resolving of conflicting interests through discussions instead of conflict." The tall Dehlgyr raised his glass with a half-smile. If his troops could see him now they would think him sentimental.
"For the hope of bloodless wars, dear new friends! May our races never have to meet in battle." Kyhaln downed the drink in a swirl down his throat.

Verain spoke up next, and Bodjek had to admit that the Fibrosian sounded surprisingly reasonable. He too saw value in avoiding internal conflict if possible. The only violence he seemed to advocate, if he was even doing that, was a call to arms for self-defense. Bodjek decided he didn't find a fault with this idea. Of course he would rather preserve his race than allow them to be overrun. If the race about to overrun them was not willing to negotiate, it could even be considered immoral to continue to turn the other cheek while knowing full well that doing so was effectively endangering the entire Nulra species. If they truthfully ever encountered a race that only spoke the language of violence, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing to send them a message in that language: 'We are armed, and we do not fear you. Fight us at your own risk.'

Kyhaln piped up as soon as Verain trailed off, and it sounded like he agreed, though he phrased it a little differently. Though the difference was subtle, Bodjek couldn't shake the notion that Kyhaln was struggling to agree a little more than Verain had struggled, and once the Dehlgyr proclaimed something about "bloodless wars," an oxymoron if ever he'd heard one, he scowled a little. Are you mocking me? But he did sound interested in maintaining friendly relations with the other three races represented here. That sounded nice. Bodjek smiled, which turned into a laugh as Kyhaln downed his drink in a single swallow. Impressive, he thought. I'd probably gag if I tried that, ha. He raised his glass. "To friendship," he agreed, and after the toast he took another sip of his chilled wine. "You have my thanks, new friends," he said once his mouth was clear. "Your words have been enlightening."

Another sip, and then the troubling thoughts came back, chasing away his momentary amusement. "Come to think of it, while we're on the topic...the warning Ms. Legatus left me with about the Exen does worry me. If they are strong enough to endanger her advanced race if she doesn't ask for outside help, then we Nulra are royally screwed if we make a stand alone. Er...pardon the expression." After holding up a hand in apology for his language, he looked into his glass again. "I know little about tactics, but just from a beginner's hundred-foot view here, I can imagine it would be better to unite and beat the Exen with a single strong army than let them pick off individual weak races one by one. Right? But...actively going out into space to preemptively hunt down someone really rubs me the wrong way. That feels like warmongering to me. Like it's stepping outside of our bounds, like it's not forgivable self-defense anymore." He glanced between his companions. "What are your thoughts on that? I'm sure your relevant experience far surpasses mine." Another sip.

Zelx had listened to the words of the depressed ambassadors, truly it was interesting in seeing these lifeforms speak. and decided that It should not stay silent. "While my own species work towards a single goal, Harmony we understood a long time ago that there will be others who do not see things as we do. Either becuse of our hopes of peace or for the fact that our species is fundamentaly different from others, but even so we work towards our goal of harmony betwen ourselves and those who we meet." It tilted it's head and then said. "But your question can have thousands of answers, for what decides a species morals is their culture. Some will agree with you and think that actively seeking allies would be seeking a fight, but some would instead see it as a means of protection. To make sure that these Exen will atleast think a secound before attacking." Zelx spoke in a calm tone, after all it had the ability to directly link itself to the Savaants memories of their other wars.

While the others had been raising glasses in a toast, it had just nodded. For It's lack of mouth made it hard to drink any sort of liqour, truly It would have to make sure that some changes will be made when It get's some alone time. "May i ask what my fellow ambassadors are seeking during this ball? If it isnt a to direct kind of question to ask." Zelx knew that saying this might be offensive or rude but It was actualy interested in how the different species would react to such a question. It knew that the Savaant wanted It to find races with atleast minimal friendly intentions and hopefully some who would want to trade with them, for the Savaant have a large amount of resources that they quite frankly have no use of.

Verain took notice of the Dehlgyr's approach. 'So, it would appear he shares a somewhat similar view to my peoples... If leaning a ljttle more to the notion of war' He thought to himself. He raised his cup "To the defense of our empires, and those within them!" Verain opened his mouth, hidden behind the mask in is armor. The mask opened up, revealing his mouth, a jaw consisting of four bony appendages with recurving teeth, each appendage moved independantly of the others. He downed the glass. Afterwards he heard the symbiote ask a question. "What am I seeking? Well, I seek to improve my races relations with other empires. We seek any and all trade or assimilations ino an alliance that our people may freely live as one large community." He then turned his attention to the Dehlgyr. "So, may I ask sir. Where do you stand in your empires commanding line?"

The Nulra and the Fibrosians toasts and the Savaants nod made Kyhaln feel as he had if something made them more relaxed, that would have to count for something at least. Having the bartender fill his glass again the Dehlgyr listened as his three present drinking buddies, *and Zelx, maybe he could enjoy some of our narcotics?*, spoke their minds. Zelx philosophical answer regarding Bodjeks dilemma made him instinctively voice his own, more war-tinted answer.

"No harm done Bodjek, I must sadly admit to not know of these Exen, but drowning your enemy in superior numbers rarely fail, so if they are as much of a threat as you believe it would be a logical approach? And if it is to any comfort, a strong offense is often a strong defense. If I though that by gathering all sentient life in the galaxy I might triumph the Fear, I would... But regarding your question, I would ask for more information before I suggest you a proper strategy." The Dehlgyr hadnt noticed his own mention of the Fear, as he was more interested in this new possible enemy. An enemy he could overwhelm always strung a deep part of him, a part his troops had mixed feelings about. Downing another of his drinks he turned back in time for Verain having answered Zelx's question, with reasons he could both understand and feel entirely alien towards. *A community of numerous different races? I sadly cant see that succeeding.* Though the emperors question aimed towards Kyhaln directly made him bit back on any retort. He wanted to know his... political position in the Order?

The Dehlgyr asked the bartender for a Hexn before he stood up and downed both his earlier untouched drink and the Xyrian fuel. He really didnt want to talk about his family while still somewhat sober. He was looking up at the crystal ceiling of the hall when he addressed the Savaant, waiting for the Hexn to ease his nerves before he told Verain his rank in the ladder of command.

"
Well Zelx, I suppose Im here to find new acquaintances, and hopefully something to help in our war against the... I suppose the prospect of new war-fronts might have allured me." The tall man continued staring upwards for a moment before he turned towards the Fibrosian, the oily sheen of his eyes more evident than moments before.

"
I could answer your question in a few different ways, but I suppose I should first mention that we see ourselves as an Order rather than an empire. The Dehlgyrs are ruled by 43 high families, where one individual from each stand in the center rule. Regarding that line of command I try to stay as far away as possible, because any real influence on our Order as a whole is all but impossible without a sectors-wide overtake. My own family have tried to make me stand as their speaker, if only so I dont stand for any of the others." Kyhaln had something of a slur to his speech at this point, though it mostly consisted of his tongues getting his speech out of tune.

"
On the other hand, my position in our army it is another matter. As the Dehlgyr fleet ranks succeeding crusades and battles, there are few that has survived as long as me. Though I am not sure how many troops would heed my command. That is the best answer I can give you emperor Verain." The Dehlgyr said, smiling slightly due to the idea of actually asking for every soldier ready to fight for him. It would be an Order-fleet, and it would still amount to nothing against the Fear. He beckoned the bartender for another of his now usual drinks, sipping it lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.