The Ambassadorial Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well that seems, effective we could use tech like that, is there anyway you could recreate it, we would be glad to buy specific blue prints, ones with and without the pheromone needles" Rikon asked, wondering if he could use this tech by using corrupted blood instead of pheromones. "What my husband is trying to say is that the Bloodlight race of Genomians has a unique organ that grants us the ability to how do you say, "Hack" another person's blood and either kill, poison, heat up, or heal another being. It even can allow us to use our own blood as a weapon. So he was wondering is if we can use a copy of the blue prints to make our own kind of armor like yours. I am saying in return we could possibly give you resources like strong metals or animals even for reproduction so you may have food, or possible other things that have to do with the animals. We could discuss the animals later though maybe."

Karum was at the food line asking if the servers had any of the foods that Rikon had previously asked for while he gathered other meats to chow down on. He looked around and saw a smaller alien around 3 meters tall, with light red skin, wearing a formal outfit. She seemed to be observing Rikon and Verain's conversation. After waiting for a moment of waiting to get Rikon's food and drink it was apparent he would have to wait for them to cook it and then bring it out. So he waltzed over to where the small female alien was and stood beside her, "They are discussing trading terms if you wish to know what they are talking about dear lady" He spoke, trying to be...nice...which was a little difficult to do for Karum since he was supposed to be busy getting food for his boss.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I could give you some blueprints. The only thing that may be difficult on your part would be configuring the armor to grow with you in size, as the needles are seperate fro the armor and would need some changing to fit the new barrel size. But the needle-less version should be fine. We could send some of our scientists to help you. Animals? Hmmm... Yes, actually that could work.. we could have a section of a ship dedicated to a pen for them... and the manure could be used as fuel because of the methane... Yes. And we could use some elements in the new metals to perhaps create solar panels or other technology.. Yes this seems good."

"Well I am glad that we have come to a decision. Now to another thing that I was thinking about, do you have any free space on your home world at all. Maybe our species could co-exist, if any wars or crime is happening, my Bloodlights could help in deciding matters or aid in certain fights of a war" Rikon explained, "See we Bloodlights are trying to spread our reputation as beings of good, or as a species, either way works for us, we want to make sure that peace can be everywhere we spread out to. If not then that would be fine, we could also share our tech by doing so, we have ways of making technology fit altogether." Freya looked over at Rikon to listen as she typed typed in the notes for this conversation.

" Co-existing hmm. Yes we have room, you can come in from our spaceport closest to a black hole, your people could then take shuttles to the inner planets, and I'm sure the spaceport will appreciate the buisness. Yours is a noble calling Rikon. I will be happy to call you and your people friends and allies." Verain holds out is hand for Rikon.

"Yes, indeed" Rikon smiled as he held his hand out to shake Verain's, "friend." Freya smiled at the two as they shook hands. "Good, now that we have that settled, I wonder what is taking Karum so long to get that roasted frinka" She spoke before standing up to go find out. She saw Karum standing beside a smaller alien trying to have a conversation with her. "Child of a wardja," Freya cursed, as she smacked Karum in the back of the head. "Karum i thought you were going to get Rikon's food, but instead you were standing here with another being and holding your own food. Apologies ma'am if he has caused you any trouble." Karum growled slightly before speaking, "Well excuse me Miss Assistant, at least I am not the one having to take notes down of what is going on and am actually trying to communicate with other than one being." Freya glared at Karum, as if to say You better watch your tongue!

Verain leans over to Rikon after seeing that. "Do they fight often?" He tried to hold it back, but he couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle.

Truth be told, Bodjek had almost offered his hand after his initial bow to indicate that he was willing for them to be on businesslike or friendly terms rather than overly formal ones, but he had bit back the urge after remembering his moist skin. A fellow Nulra couldn't have cared less about shaking his hand, but this Curabitur was not a fellow Nulra. However, she made the move to offer a handshake of her own accord, and it would be rude of him to turn it down. Heh... You do that at your own risk. I think. But he smiled warmly as he offered his own reportedly slimy hand and shook hers with a sturdy grip. "It's a pleasure, Ms. Legatus," he said, unsure of how she would prefer to be addressed. "Forgive me if I make any incorrect assumptions, since I'm far from an expert on your species, but I've always imagined your kind and mine to be kindred souls of a sort, valuing the pursuit of knowledge through immersion. I'm sure we have much to learn from each other. Though of course, I'm sure your experience dwarfs my own. I'm not lying when I say this is a tremendous honor." The tendrils of his mane had begun to wave and curl on their own, as if excited. "I must confess, I've long been envious of your people's ability. I can only imagine what it must be like to have grown up with that capacity at your fingertips. Not just to project another, but to become another, to live and breathe it, you know?" He paused for breath, and when he realized how much he'd just rambled, he flinched and put up an apologetic hand. "Ah, forgive me! I tend to jabber on when I get excited, ha ha. Do stop me if I go overboard." He pulled back his hand and ran his fingers through his mane. "Oh, goodness. Very..." He dropped his gaze shyly. "Very sorry." A close look would reveal that his cheeks and mane had taken on a purple tinge.

Tho'Nakr was pleased with how the event was going so far, with the people talking all around the great hall, their voices echoing off the walls, off the furniture and onto him. The vibrations charged him with energy, and all the different pitches, voices and words only made it all the more delicious! He almost started to vibrate from all the voices, but he managed to control himself, if only barely.

He spotted the... Female, possibly? The horned female standing alone, seemingly just observing the others. He hovered over to her, keeping himself about face height, and attempted to start a psychic link with her. "Greetings, friend! I am pleased to see you here, even if I cannot quite recognize you. I apologize for this, of course, but we invited quite many here." He paused for a moment, to communicate with the server banks. "Though I do believe you aren't from around here, to say it that way? You seem to have migrated from... elsewhere?" He asked, glowing slightly brighter, hoping he could fill this gap in the crystal libraries. "If you don't mind me asking, that is."

Ayila smiled as first one person arrived and began attempts at friendly conversation. And just a moment after on her other side the crystal host itself arrived to talk. She just had to jinx it didn't she.

"Hmm I guess it goes well for them then" She responded to the genomian male. "My name is Ayila Te'Shar and what kind of interests do you hold in trade if I may ask?" That was a bit of a clumsy turn in the conversation from her side. But never mind that this one seemed more military like than diplomatic. And also different from his other kin? She would have to ask about that at some point if possible.

At the same time she accepted the link from the Nae'Thran hovering on her other side.

"Greetings and thank you for letting us attend" Was that a sign of curiosity coming from this one?

"And I apologize I cannot fully turn towards you it seems another individual has started a verbal conversation with me at the same time. But I will answer those questions at the best of my ability.
However please do understand that I am restricted by my people's laws on how much I can share"

She paused for a moment as she gathered her thoughts and went through what she knew and could share of her people's arrival and past.

"You are correct however we do not come from this galaxy or even universe." Seemed better to stay to the whole truth. At the pace of evolution and development it might not be many eons left before they would have to be warned of the dangers lurking outside this galaxy or even universe if they survived till that moment. "You could say we crashed here" she hinted knowing she couldn't go too much into detail about it.

By the ancients if it wasn't for the support Ai this would have been a nightmare to pull of.

Reon replied, "Only when we have business like this which is not very often." Freya walked off away from Karum in a slightly angry mood. She was glad that he was communicating, buit coming close to embarrassing her while he is on the job was not like Karum. He must be trying to relax, even if just a little, She thought to herself as she walked up to to the food line to try and see if the roasted frinka was ready. Gladly enough it was, and a few slices of the meat was cut and hand onto a plate for Freya. She took it gently and walked back over to her husband and Verain. As she sat down she hand her husband the meat, and looked over to the conversation that Karum was trying to have.

"My apologies for the interruption, but um I do not hold these interests that would be my leader over there, the male Genomian, Rikon Bloodlight. He was wanting to see if this could also be an advantage for us in helping us try to expand our reputation while at the same time expanding Genoma's. See the only reason we were able to get here was because some of the crueler leaders of Genoma's Leadership Council. They had enslaved a few space pirates and also some explorers only to get the ships made. As you are probably wondering why would space pirates be important, well these weren't run of the mill pirates, they actually had knowledge. So that is the only reason wee are here as well, to apologize for any of the explorers who had made it onto our planet. They were treated fairly though, Rikon made sure of that" Karum explained all of this, hoping to get something across to the Raptir woman. "I am just the First General of the Clan of Bloodlights, which is what we are as well. We are a clan trying to spread out and create peace."

Last edited by a moderator:
Zelx had been pleasently suprised to see that their crystal hosts actualy kind of resembled It's own species, after all they too lived within what they themselves were made of. And Zelx coudn't help but to wonder if the crystals themselves were organic, but those thoughts were quickly brought to a stop as a Ambassador had arrived late and thus decided to introduce herself in quite a attention grabbing manner. It made a note within It's own mind to seek her out later on, but a sudden wave infront of It's symbiotes eyes made Zelx turn to see who had waved, Zelx was pleasently suprised to see the being with a Exo-skeleton It had nodded to before and due to being able to hear it's voice now Zelx concluded that it was male.

"Good day to you as well." Zelx bowed slighty and when the Dehlgyr asked about It's Growths It answered. "Oh it would be my pleasure to explain, you see this child is a symbiotic living being bio-enginered to allow me to speak without using psychic powers. As you have noticed it also allow me to see using it's eyes." Zelx gently touched the symbiote as It spoke about it. "We of The Savaant do not use machines or even technology as most other species, something we hope wont be seen as disturbing towards you or any other of the Ambassadors." For anyone who had listened would have noticed that the sound indeed came from the black growths and not the pale humanoids face area, the sound of the voice also had a slight vibrato towards it.

Kyhaln looked bemused at the being half his length became even shorter while inclining a bow to him. *Such courtesy, if only my troops could learn some part of the like, haha, it would surely crack their mates up.* His internal monologue was interrupted as the humanoid started explaining the "child" growths, as well as the Savaants way of living.
"You won't need to from me, we of the Dehlgyr Order have our share of experience with entirely biological... species." Kyhaln forced himself to take a second to calm down, as he had been close to saying monsters. That might not be the best way of starting a friendship.

"And I suppose we ourselves are not exactly foreign to the advantages of biological technology. Let me show you." He said as he crouched down slightly and held his left hand palm up.
"
We owe our bodies to our primal ancestors, but we have certainly mastered them." A little twitch in one eye was all the signs Kyhaln gave of any discomfort as the exoskeleton on his palm parted in lines running along the middle of his fingers, the whole bone-structure bending away from his hand to rest at his forearm. Revealing a thinner hand with longer fingers, bearing the green texture of moss, and dripping a thick yellowish mucus that coagulated into "skin".

"
See, these brown lines running like veins through my hand are specialized nerve-fibers allowing me to directly interact with our machines interface, and their nodes are light-sensitive." Shading his hand with the plate he had filled with food made the dots shine up with a dull light. Kyhaln looked up at the Savaants shoulder-eyes and smiled, which is to say the plates that covered his mouth turned upwards. For a Dehlgyr, showing their inner mouth was considered aggressive as well as part of their sexual act.

" Ah, I see. Well, I am okay with it. They seem much more like brother and sister than associates. But that aside, perhaps I could ave some of our Fibrosians live among your people? To show our people our relationship works both ways." Verain settled back into his seat.

"In a way, yes, we are good friends and we have known each other since before we became the Clan of Bloodlights" Rikon spoke, it has been a long time since he has talked about how the Clan began. He was hoping he wouldn't have to talk about it, since the beginning was gruesome for him, as much as it was for the others.Freya noticed what Rikon was feeling and then looked over to Verain, "So how about a little Fibrosian history, and then maybe we could se e about accepting your people into our home. It's a high probability we already will, but we would like to know a little bit more about Fibrosians."

Eleki Mons silently grimaced to herself in the ship. Late. She was late to one of the grandest diplomatic gatherings in known galactic record. She would not suspect a coup from the old regime as the cause of her tardiness - that was too paranoid. Though she did suspect the former worshippers of Sarkul, her imperial predecessor, were responsible. A petty tactic to make her look weak and flustered so that when her term ran out members valuing old Arcrayan strength would take the helm again. No matter. She took a deep breath and reassured herself this could be salvaged.

The main Arcrayan flagship jumped out of travel in orbit around the summit station. It was beautiful and Eleki prayed its guard had level heads. Not for the first time she regretted that the only properly fast vehicles for traversing the galaxy were the Arcrayan warships. Showing up to a peace summit in a ship amassed with jagged black edges and inertia cannons was something she wanted desperately to avoid but sadly had no power to stop. At least her smaller personal transport was less offensive.

Out of the hold of the formidable ship came a small but long craft that looked like an irradecent rainbow feather. She had the ship designed personally for her, and wanted to spread this beauty among all her world's conveyances. As soon as Eleki's more modest craft was separate the Arcrayan warship blinked out of existence.

"Don't worry, miss. These lesser races will still respect you, and it's good to remind them of Arcrayan might," her chief bodyguard informed her.

She sighed. His dedication to guarding her life was good, but his political comments strained the relationship. "Arok, I would like to politely ask you to keep your distance on this important meeting and please, please, keep you political opinions to yourself. I don't need you tearing bridges down as I attempt to build them."

He nodded. "Yes, President."

Once they had docked and exited Arok drifted off out of sight. She could feel his eyes still upon her the entire time, but thankfully could not see or hear him. She began her search for the first person she wished to speak to, Tho'Nakr, to thank him for the polite invitation.

A dark cruiser arrived from a rift, arriving from a jump in orbit of the crystal planet. It was a large cruiser, brimming with armaments, which had several scars of war, yet seemed to be unaffected by it. It slowly approached the station, sending out small signal to identify themselves as non-aggressive. It halted slightly closer than most would be comfortable with, waiting only a few moments, before sending out a lander, which like the cruiser, was armed and scarred. Yet it made it's way peacefully to the hangar, landing like all others.

Xhaorth Zeta 9572 stood at the back of the lander as the hatch opened, letting out a hiss of gas. He slowly strode down with heavy steps, his small eyes scanning the hangar for potential dangers. The only ones there seemed to be some reptiles leaving the hangar, as well as some crystals approaching him.

"Greetings, friend, and welcome to the Hama'Ro! Please relinquish and armaments you are currently carrying, and enter the main hall, to enjoy the ball!" The closest and brightest of the crystals... put into his head, making him frown slightly.

He protested rather loudly for a few minutes, yet gave away his gun, having managed to protest his way into keeping his sword. He then strode into the main hall, grumbling slightly about such an insult! He looked around the hall, finding there to be surprisingly many almost of his size there, as he strode over to the nearest food-table, grabbing something that seemed meaty and wiggly. He ate with his bare hands and claws, small bits falling to the floor without him noticing. He wondered who here would be the most likely to need his services there.

------------

"Ah, pardon me then, friend." Tho'Nakr said with a cheerful glow. "I shall communicate with you later then, to not disturb your conversation with this other one. Someone from outside our galaxy is rare, after all. But I hope to learn all you are allowed to tell me. Thank you for accepting my link. I will break it now." He communed, before breaking the link and starting to hover away.

A shame, truly. Such an interesting topic, yet he was saddened by his own failure to notice the other life-form. But he wasn't quite used to all these strange energies. It was far more confusing than he was expecting, but he had to try to get over that problem. Yet as he was thinking of this, he noticed more life-forms arrived, turning his attention towards the door.

Oslo Cayhil's single person cruiser snapped into existence above the crystal world and pulled in to dock. Even warping space for interstellar travel was not instantaneous. Travelling 500 times the speed of light, it still took him close to a month to arrive at the summit. Fortunately he had kept himself in a stasis for the journey so looked no worse for wear. It was still irritating.

His starship parked next to a long, feather-shaped craft. Beautiful, he reasoned as he looked the irridescent hide over. But even without the traditional jagged edges he recognized an Arcrayan ship. The Arcrayans! They had attempted to invade his world so many times! So much war in the lifeless cluster his race called home! He would do well to avoid their emissary.

Dressed in his ceremonial suit and the ever-important blue sash he strode into the main gathering hall. He did his best to refrain a scowl at many of the races he saw. While there was no race the Seballi hated more than the Arcrayans the other races were almost equally distrusted. Their attempts of colonizing the Sebas Cluster - as it came to be called - were audacious. And all under the pretense of strategy against the Arcrayan Armada! Somehow they had secured some of their lifeless worlds, terraformed them, and now refused to leave! But they would leave. Sebas would be free from foreigners again.

The first person Cayhil actually talked to was the bartender.

"I don't suppose you know how to make a Sweet White Phantom." It was obvious from his tone that he suspected he didn't. However the bartender nodded and made one for him.

The Sweet White Phantom was served in a shot glass, made from a foggy Seballi liquor that was almost pure alcohol, and given a shot of rich colored sugar syrup, traditionally the color of the blood of the species drinking it. In the Seballi's case, that was blue. The Phantom was a traditional Seballi drink, named for their gentle grim reaper legend.

------------

Eleki looked around, noting each and every face as she entered, and shuffling in her memory their names. It was difficult - there were so many unfamiliar names among so many races, and she had spent many nights awake trying to cram them all in. She had not succeeded, and for that she was extremely worried. She had, however, committed the information she'd received on her host, Tho'Nakr, to memory. She hoped to have him help her build relations with races the Arcrayans had wronged. Her people at least, had never invaded his.

She spotted him then, eyeing the door for new arrivals. She walked with her hands behind her back, posture straight, pretending she wasn't desperate for his aid. Diplomacy was still fairly new to her. She hadn't worked in politics at all until being elected.

"Excuse me? Tho'Nakr?" she offered her hand. She had taken to trimming her claws, something that angered her protestors. "I am Eleki Mons, President Elect of Arcrayus. I want to firstly thank you for the invitation."

Tho'Nakr noticed one of the new presences speaking to him, the vibrations of a new and rather interesting kind, making him shiver ever so slightly. He focused his attention on the one speaking to him, and noted the outstretched limb. Apparently, shaking limbs with someone one has just met is a common thing across the galaxy, a simple way of showing that you are more or less unarmed, and not trying to harm the other.

He had no limbs of his own, so he did as best he could to return the gesture by focusing a gentle psychic force around the end of the limb, as if grabbing it with a limb of his own, he assumed at least. He also took this chance to analyze the limb slightly, finding the green scales intriguing. Not something unseen in the galaxy, yet a first chance for him to be so close to one, and indeed, touching one with his mind!

"Truly a pleasure, Eleki Mons. The invitations were sent out to most sapient spacefarers of some note, but I am glad you found it to be a pleasant event to receive my invitation! I will admit to have gotten a few negative replies, claiming that I only wish to claim hostages!" He linked to her, shining slightly brighter as he did when he used his powers. "I am slightly saddened that you did not speak my full name, as the vibrations from that would truly have been pleasant, but I can understand your reluctance to doing so. It is a rather hard to pronounce name, I've been told by other fleshlings." He linked with a joyous glow, happy to have been approached like this.

"There is no need to apologies." Legatus replied, smiling "I believe you are correct in saying that my species and yours can learn a lot from each other, after all we both have a thirst for knowledge and understanding."
"As for the ability of my species, would you like a demonstration?" She asked

Bodjek forced himself to drop his hand, straighten up, and meet Legatus' eyes when admonished on his shyness. He couldn't help feeling self-conscious amidst so many ambassadors who no doubt had a much better idea of what they were doing here than he did—in fact, even now he felt intensely aware of the disposable plate still in his left hand, of all things—but it was something he would do his best to combat, to surpass.

Her offer to demonstrate her ability in public, however, did catch him by surprise. He personally would not have been reluctant to demonstrate the capabilities of the neural projector implanted at the base of his neck, but that was an appliance, not an aspect of one's biology. He imagined there was a difference. The sudden mental image of some other curious ambassador asking to see how he moved across the floor caused him to very nearly flush purple again, but he wrestled the picture away. He was talking to this Curabitur woman, and the offered demonstration was her decision. "Ah, if you're comfortable with that!" he said. "I would be flattered to witness it." He folded his arms behind his back and settled his weight, alert and ready for whatever she might show him.

Status
Not open for further replies.