The Ambassadorial Ball OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too late to join this?
Nope! We haven't started yet! Though I'll be accepting comers after we start as well! Some take a bit more time to get ready in their quarters before they come down to join the event, after all :)

Nope! We haven't started yet! Though I'll be accepting comers after we start as well! Some take a bit more time to get ready in their quarters before they come down to join the event, after all :)
Sweet! I've been itching to shoehorn one of my species into an RP somehow. XD I might not have my sheet done before tomorrow, but I'll get cracking on it!

Iffy on it. They were trying to conquer the galaxy for Arcrayan kind. Your Dehlgyrs were likely a target (not saying they succeeded, just that they might have waged war).
And what do you mean young? They've been space travelling for over a thousand years. And I think they came pretty close, having conquered a third of the Milky Way. Pretty impressive, I think. :P
Ah, I was just wondering if your Arcrayans ever hired my Dehlgyrs to fight ;)

Oh and regarding the age, the galaxy is pretty old, which of the "older" races are still around @Dedtoo ? (were there any O_o)
---------------------------
Yey, new races :D

@FiliaFlammae if you want to use a race, might I interest you with my RP ?
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/war-for-gods-and-races.60930/

well i haven't been on since less than yesterday and there are already a couple more races
sounds like the Genomians might be a little bit at a bit of an advantage in melee combat, but in projectile combat(and i am not saying there will be, but if there was any combat) big disadvantage for the Genomians since they didn't bring any of their projectile weapons. the only thing that Karum would be able to summon would be a bow and arrows for a projectile weapon.

@Dedtoo:
Oh I also forgot to put something in the Genomians history about some of their weaponry as well would it be alright if I added that one thing

I hope to draw a picture or two of these guys soon! Until then, I hope the description will suffice. If all else fails, chant the phrase "big blue dragon sea-slug thing" in your head several times and use your imagination.

Name of the race/empire: Nulra/Klaressan Confederacy

Physical description: When in a comfortable posture, an average Nulra sits a little over 6 feet tall, but almost half of that height is a curved neck and the rest is a large, vaguely humanlike torso that meets the floor about where the hips would, if they had hips. (Straightening their neck would get them closer to 7 or 8 feet, but that's typically uncomfortable.) From the base of the torso, the remainder of the body flows backwards in a long tail, I'd say about 8 feet, the bottom surface of which, called the foot, serves as their method of locomotion. Think giant slug. However, they do have an internal skeleton that provides a skull, spine, ribcage, and one pair of arms. They have four fingers per hand instead of a human's five, and their hands typically rest on the ground when relaxed. Their face looks reptilian or dragonish in shape, but their skin is smooth and gooey. A tympanum (eardrum) is faintly visible on each side of the head. Their eyes are large, expressive, and of the sclera-iris-pupil model like ours; the pupil is round, and the color of the iris can be pretty much anything in the rainbow. Their sticky skin is mottled blue in color, darker on their backs and paler on their fronts. Hues of blue range between aqua and indigo based on ethnicity. An array of thin tentacles grows from the back of the neck in pairs, like a mane; these tendrils typically wave and curl gently as if they have minds of their own, but the Nulra can control them to some extent if desired. The tendrils also involuntarily change color with the Nulra's mood: most of the time they are blue like the rest of the body, but they turn purple when the Nulra is embarrassed or aroused, red when angry, and navy blue or black when depressed.
With regards to clothing, fabric that does not excessively cling to the moist skin is a major concern. Most Nulra drape their upper bodies in light clothes meant to adorn rather than conceal (neither sex lactates, so there's nothing interesting there), but females nearly always cover their tails with a swath of fabric, the decorative properties of which vary by culture and occasion, in order to hide their reproductive pores. Because of the way Nulra move, their foot is in near-constant contact with the ground, and covering more than a third of the surface area of the foot with fabric or another foreign material would render them pretty much immobile. To show one's foot is considered inappropriate, particularly a male's, and to expose another's foot is sexual harassment.

Behavior: Nulra are much more defensive than offensive—in fact, their color-changing tentacles are widely understood to have been originally meant to scare large predators away, since their backs are so vulnerable—and though they have had their share of conflicts throughout their own history, their general attitude since opening the door to space has been reserved and most interested in peaceful but curious observation of the other races. They are in some respects similar to the Curabitur in that they often impersonate other races to observe them from within, including races that have not yet discovered interstellar communication or travel. See below for how they do it and the results thereof. However, they also realize that they are a younger race than the Curabitur, and they generally try their best to be humble and unobtrusive regarding their place in the galaxy.

Technological level: Their method of FTL travel revolves around the control of linked, short-lived wormholes. They are quite comfortable with the technology by this point, but where they truly excel is in the realm of holograms. Nulra holograms trick not only the vision of the observer but the other senses as well, most impressively the nerves that gauge touch, texture, temperature, and resistance via a highly sophisticated neural interference matrix. An unknowing person who "touches" the hologram will swear they touched an object. However, it is still only an illusion...you could try to punch a Nulra hologram and your fist would sail right through, but your arm would be in extreme pain for several minutes, as if you'd just slammed it through a brick wall.
Only after perfecting this technology roughly 500 years ago did Nulra begin to infiltrate other races, but while it's used religiously when observing young planet-bound races (because Prime Directive and all that), most Nulra today think it rude to "fool" a fellow space-faring race that knows of their existence, so unlike Curabitur, they don't typically use the tech around other advanced races except in cases of espionage.

Fame: They have colonized only a couple of planets aside from their homeworld, Klaress, but have visited hundreds more. They're not the most well known, but among the races that do know of them, perceptions of them usually keep along the themes of "Them nosy little cowards, prying into people's business and then shying from conflict...", "They seem wise beyond their years and deserve our high respect," or "Those damn holier-than-thou probing pacifists."

Name of the person/being/character: Legally, Uthrirannel-nelkoriko-ranuth Makhne-ran (7435-5141-37 MN-3). Colloquially, Bodjek (roughly equivalent to "Rocky").

Position: Ambassador for all intents and purposes, but he's actually a high-ranking member of the Klaressian Confederacy's international education board.

Description: His skin is medium blue, and his eyes are a rich fuschia color. He seems to be in good health, but he's not suited for combat or other athletic stress.

Personality: He seems to be good-natured and typically level-headed, but he can take things too personally when it comes to propriety. He apologizes a lot. He also shies away from any kind of flirtatious interaction; although he is supportive of others in love, his own romantic history has been largely miserable.

@FiliaFlammae :blue sea-slug-dragons. I don't want to know how you got that idea, but I'd love their representative at the even! :D

Their intentions seem refreshing ^^

@FiliaFlammae :blue sea-slug-dragons. I don't want to know how you got that idea, but I'd love their representative at the even! :D
To answer the question you didn't want answered, one of my species usually starts as a doodle, random bodily elements I think look cool together, and I iron out the kinks from there. Par for the course for my imagination, I suppose.

Thanks! I look forward to this. ^^

@FiliaFlammae : Oh my! A person who can draw far better than me, and have better ideas for what to draw than me! :D

I'm quite looking forwards to this as well! :3

well would anyone like to have a rivalry with the Genomians or friendship possibly

@FiliaFlammae
Hey, when I actually come into conversation with some artist that is better than me, but not at the god of drawings type person, I will damn well tell ya! :D
Not that I'm that good. But compared to some of the stuff people post, I'm okay. Decent. Not at your level. :P

This looks mighty interesting....And so many uniqe species that i am almost tempted to make the cliche robots for the heck of it XD

This looks mighty interesting....And so many uniqe species that i am almost tempted to make the cliche robots for the heck of it XD
Better idea: Make some unique robots! :D

I actualy got another idea, so get ready for the species made out of other species XD

So you're not gonna make robots, you're gonna make the Borg? ;)

Name of the race/empire:
They never really named themselves but as they realised that the other species they met had done such a thing they took on the name "The Savaant"

The Savaant are a quite recent addition towards this part of the galaxy for while they have been able to travel through space for quite some time they do not posses FTL travel, they have colonised a large number of planets that they saw during their voyage oddly enough these planets were often overlooked by other races for having to dangerous fauna or being simply life threathening to be on.

Physical description: The Savaant are not exactly a single "Species" so to speak they began their evolution eons ago as a simple mushroom which released it spores and began to live as a symbiotic unthinking creature which quite simply only enhanced the current living species on their home planet. As they grew and spread to more creatures it began to become sentient over the thousands of years it had grown to living as one with the planet itself even going so far that it started to grow it's own creatures that helped the other sentient species on the planet. In the end the other sentient creatures that had been living as one with the symbiotes for so long that they naturaly evolved into becoming a part of them. Capable of creating it's own creatures and even cities out of living tissue, it had truly become a harmonic species as everyone lived to support each other. If one ever visits a planet of the Savaant they would notice how everything around them was living, breathing.

Behavior:
They have two goals, to keep on evolving and living in harmony with those they meet, either through symbiosis or negotiations which usualy end up being more productive for other species as the Savaant has no use for minerals or other such things that other species long after. They might ask to be provided with a species they havent met yet for example some kind of wild beast only found within the other empires borders, in return they will often provide with whatever their trade partners had asked.

Technological level:
As mentioned they do not posses FTL and that is becuse their own star ships are gigantic living creatures who seem to float through space, truth be told their entire civilisation is built uppon living creatures. Their weapons, tools, transportations all of it is alive and a part of the Savaant and all of them are capable of thinking for themselves. Just that alott of the more simple creatures decide uppon following their genetic instructions of what they should do. And even the more intelectual beings within the Savaant sometimes chooses to follow the stream for their exists a secound mind within all of them, something akin to a hive mind which is kept up by uniqe flesh constructions within the planets they have grown into. even their gigantic ship creatures have these fleshy constructs within them so that their always is a connection, always a way to stay in harmony. If for some reason a group of Savaants were to be trapped somewhere they would create a miniature hive mind by having the creature with the most psychical ability evolve into a gigantic brain like fungus. Lastly they do seem to posses psychic abilities but only some strain of creatures have them while others are closer to large powerfull beasts.

As they progressed and noticed that the species that had been agressive against them possesed somekind of technology which shot them through space much quicker than what their large vessels could travel they began to copy it. They created a fungus which generated a psychic field which the living vessel would use to catapult itself through space, sadly it didn't allow them to go quite as far as other species and frankly had to wait a moment before next jump so mentioned fungus didn't explode, but the Savaant are ever changing. And one day they might evolve a new kind of transportation.

Fame:
Relatively new to the more populated part of the Galaxy not many other space faring species know of them, sadly the first four they met attacked them at first sight and thus had to be forcefully digested into their hive mind.

Name of the person/being/character: Calls itself for Zulx.

Age: Just a couple of months, as he was made for the sole reason of being sent to the ball.

Position: Made to represent The Savaant.

Description:
10452370_330580930424290_5724569489266593148_n.jpg

He posses psychic abilities which allows himself to link his mind to other species thus learning their language in a matter of secounds, he also posses the ability to speak through his psychic abilities just in case any other race spoke that way. The dark growths on his body are actualy one of the living constructs that his species are so well known for, it has connected with his body and thus allows him to look through the eyes it has as well as speaking. The voice it gives of has a muffled vibrating sound to it.

Personality: It is Zelx duty to improve his race's standing in the eyes of the galactic civilzations, and it is also the reason he was made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, a bio-race :D
Become my friend ^^
What is your race offering for trades O_o

@Deshwitat
I like the idea of your race, thought I've got one problem with it.

If they don't have FTL, they can hardly be a young race that has settled on a great many planets in different systems. Going from one system to another without some form of FTL would take years, and getting to the Nae'Thral's ball in just a few months from, most likely, a different system than theirs, would be impossible. If you've got an explanation for that that I can accept, I could let it go. But as it is, that's just not going to happen, sadly :(

Also, your post could need some work on punctuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.