The Allegiance (Chinese Zodiac RP)

M

Makomin

Original poster
red All spots are filled up!

11cacda9d50ff3c10d76912260d5b5d4--fruit-basket-anime-fruits-basket.jpg

This is the official OOC/CS thread for The Allegiance roleplay! The links to the In-character thread and Discord chat will soon posted up. Before we get started, do note that this roleplay takes place in a modern-day setting. So yes, YouTube is still the ruler of the Internet and Barack Obama is still playing golf in his retirement years. However, do note that many of the places the OCs will travel to to look for Praedo's soul will most probably be located in less suburban areas and more village areas/ with little population.

[stabs=bright|100%]
{slide=Plot|center}A long time ago, before Earth was even created, lived the Gods that resided in Heaven. They lived in harmony from the dawn of time but they came to a realisation and that is; they couldn't just live as Gods without serving any purpose whatsoever. As such, they created Earth with all its splendors. And then, they created Humans.

This was so far, their greatest achievement. The Humans were delighted at this and offered their prayers and fellowship to them but after awhile, Humans begin to question their independence and freedom. Did they truly need the Gods?

Mortified, the Gods decided that they needed to create something so vile and horrendous that only they could defeat it. Once again, instilling their purpose into Humans' hearts.

As such, they created the Praedo. Also known as the Destroyer.

However, the Gods overestimated its power and soon, darkness, chaos, misery and death fell upon Earth.

Determined to end what they started, the Gods fought Praedo and broke her soul into 12 pieces. They then hid it only place they loved and trusted- Earth.

The Gods then created 12 individuals (the Chinese Zodiac) that were destined to protect Earth and its Humans and ensure that Praedo doesn't rise back up and destroy humanity once again.

However, a group of individuals known as the Empire sees Praedo as one way to reset the world and vanquish all the uselessness in the current world, to build a better world.

It is now time for the descendants of these 12 individuals to come back together, find Praedo's soul before the Empire does.

{/slide}
{slide=Overview and Questions|center}As you know, you will be playing a descendant of one of those 12 individuals. Each Chinese Zodiac has reproduced and as they do so, their powers would be transferred to those (usually one, very rare to have a few) who are destined to be the Protector of the clan. Your character will have to go on an expedition with the other 11 Zodiacs (12 if you include the Cat) and find the 12 pieces of Praedo's soul before The Empire gets to them first.

Questions:
1. What powers do they have? How can they use them?
Answer: There is no set power that is deemed specifically for them. As such, I suggest you go with powers that could be related to the Zodiac animal you will be roleplaying as. It doesn't have to be 100% in relation but tying it back to your character will be good. An example, the Pig is a lazy animal but endures through out the journey. He might have higher endurance level compared to other characters. Abilities in relation to that; maybe he lasts in a fight longer than other more 'powerful' characters.

2. Why do they need powers for?
Answer: Not only will they face the Empire trying to get the 12-piece soul but there will be Praedo's underlings that are trying to resurrect him. These are Adsignatos; they're usually smaller demons/ monsters like this. However, there are three types of demons/ monsters you will face. As the expedition gets further towards completion, you will meet Prodigiums and Tenebris. Prodigiums are middle-ranked demons/ monsters that are more difficult to take down while Tenebris are the higher-ranking demons/ monsters that usually requires team effort to take down.

3. How do I differentiate Adsignatos, Prodigiums and Tenebris?
Answer: Adsignatos are smaller in size and are usually red in colour. Prodigiums varies in size but their most distinctive feature is their blue skin. Tenebris, on the other hands, are the most recognisable out of the three as they come in many forms. However, they are usually huge monstrosities that a black or gray nature to them.

4. Who are the Empire?
Answer: They are a group of archaeologist that discovered the landing site of one of Paedro's 12-piece soul. The piece, however, was not there as it was moved by one of the original members of the Zodiac to a safer place. The characters who will be played as the Empire will be introduced in the 'Characters' section.

5. Do the descendants of the 12 Zodiacs (+1 Cat) know where these pieces are?
Answer: No, they do not. The original Zodiacs hid these pieces all around the world and left no inklings as to where they were hidden. It was far too risky to have them jotted down and possibly, found out by unwanted individuals like the Empire.

6. How will the Zodiacs find the pieces then?
Answer: Each zodiac has an heirloom from their descendants (even the cat)- a small piece of gemstone that were extracted from Praedo's soul (yes, it's a reasonably sized gemstone). When placed together, they will shine and emit out an almost holographic figure that will be the next clue for where the next soul piece will be.

7. I thought there were only 12 pieces of Praedo's soul? How did the Cat get an extra one?
Answer: When the 12 pieces of Praedo's soul are pieced back together, a black gemstone (what the Cat has) will be created before Praedo will be released from the Underworld and will be resurrected.

8. Do the 12 (+Cat) know each other? How?
Answer: Every 6 years, the clans have a meeting to ensure that Praedo's soul is not discovered yet. You can see it as an official business meeting of a sort. All of them know each other in one way or another but are probably not close unless you'd like your characters to know each other. And no, they aren't related by blood so....go wild.

{/slide}
{slide=Rules|center}
1. All Iwakuroleplay rules apply. No exceptions, buts or excuses.

2. No Godmodding. If you don't like your character being controlled, don't control other's character as well. As the GM, I won't too unless you give be substantial reason to do so.

3. No Gary Stus, Mary Sues and etc. Your character is mortal. If it gets stabbed in the heart, there won't be a sudden explosion or a revelation that he/she is the Avatar.

4. No John Doe's or Jane Doe's. This is a group roleplay where everyone wants to enjoy defeating monsters, yes but character development is an enhance to the roleplay too.

5. OOC Drama or Fights are a no. We're all mature adults here or at least, we have logic and are literate. If you want to start a fight with someone, by all means. But take it outside. No one wants to get involved in it. If you do involve others in the group in it, I will take action against you.

6. Be literate. Some of us don't have English as their first language and that is okay. Having the occasional grammar mistake is okay too. Write something that others can understand and don't be an asshole about it if no one can.

7. Curse words are alright, just don't use it as a noun, verb, adjective, conjunction and etc. Nobody minds 'Get the fuck out of here!' but everyone hates it when it's 'Why in the hell are you fucking doing here, you bloody pussy?

8. I expect two paragraphs minimum from everyone. Give me one liners and I will give you a warning.

9. I'm not expecting too much so please post at least twice a week. There are 168 hours a week. Don't tell me you can't spare two hours of it. However, if you can't post, let us know in the Discord group! It'll be more upsetting to not hear from you rather than knowing already.

10. Violation of any of these rules will be given a warning. Three warnings and then you're out!

{/slide}{slide=Character Sheet|center}
~Insert image of character (Anime/ Face Claims are alright)~

Name: What's their fullname?
Nickname: Do they go by anything other than their name? Or is there a short form of their name?
Age: How old are they? Note that they should be from 19 to 25.
Zodiac Family: Rat? Ox? Tiger?
Sexuality: How do they like their man/ woman?
Ethnicity: Where are they originally from?

Physical Description: Describe their looks. 1 paragraph+. Hair colours, eyes shape and colour, how tall are they? How do they walk? Their body shape?
Clothing Style/ Preferences: What are they usually seen dressed up in? You can insert links too!
Birthmarks/ Tattoos/ Markings: Anything they'd like to cover up about themselves? A rebellious stage in life where they got a tattoo of a bacon?

Personality: How are they like? Shy? Drama queen? Cold-hearted motorcycle dude?
Biography: What's their history? Do they like their family? Is this quest too much of a trouble?
Weapon of Choice: How do they defend themselves? Katana? Nunchucks?
Ability/ Power: Super strength? Can they hold their breath for 1 hour straight? Nothing too OP though. They're still human.
Weaknesses: What's their Kryptonite? Do they dissolve at the sight of water?

Likes: Do they secretly like pineapple on pizza (BLASPHEMY!)?
Dislikes: Do they hate pineapple on pizza?
Hobbies: What do they do during their free time? Sleeping? Computer games? A secret Otaku?
Fears: From cockroaches to the sea, we are all scared of something.
Relationships: Who's your friends and who's your rival? Maybe someone special but how would we know?
Extras: Anything to add? Quirks? Theme song?

{/slide}{slide=Important Characters|center}
Eliza Agron

Leader of The Empire

latest

Age: "Does it look like it matter? Get back into your line before I sew it up and send it to your grandmother."

Biography: Eliza Agron is half-Jewish and half-British. Her parents are famed archaeologists, Yacoob Agron and Helda Portland. As a result of such jobs, Eliza was fortunate enough to experience the expeditions and adventures her parents have faced for a whopping thirty years. After her parents retired, she vowed to them that she would continue on her search to discover what they have yet to uncover. While in the midst of one of her expeditions, her crew and herself stumbled upon the sight whereby one of Paedro's 12-piece soul was once buried. Being consumed with the leftover energy that was still present in the site, she vowed to dedicate the rest of her life into resurrecting her.

Esme Agron

Pilot of The Empire

latest

Age: "Younger than my wench of a sister. Ah, don't worry, she calls me bitch anyways."

Biography: Esme has always wanted to be a world-renowned pilot. She planned her life out at the age of ten that she would go to flight school, pass with flying colours, get a job, travel the entire world and become the richest person on Earth. Her sister on the other hand, wanted to follow through her parents' footsteps and was obviously their favourite. After her parents' died though, Eliza inherited almost everything (no surprise there). She soon spiralled into a hell hole and ended up flunking flight school. However, one day her sister suggested a proposition- help her find those jewels and she'll not only get most of her inheritance but Esme would get reinstated to flight school. What was she to lose at this point?

Fong Kee Keen

Co-leader of The Empire

o028802881357471532810.jpg

Age: "I stopped counting after 45. Add a few years onto that and you'll get it."

Biography: Fong met Eliza Agron when she was in China. At that time, she had reason to believe that one of the 12-piece soul was hidden in a farm at Beijing. Hearing how passionate she was about finding these pieces, he decided he would tag along. In fact, he had nothing to live for at this point. His wife and children had been murdered a couple of years back because he was given a task by a Chinese tycoon. He deemed the world already lost once after the incident. Fong decided that he would meet his wife and children once again after this last expedition is completed.

Sachi Ryugazaki

Guide to the 12 (+1) Zodiac + Caretaker

tumblr_mpsmnvEnhQ1s4qvrdo2_r1_500.gif

Biography: Sachi is unfortunately, just a human. However, she is an exception to the clans as she is the only outsider who knows about the clan and the Zodiacs. Her parents were actually from the banished Cat Clan. About a century ago, the Cat Clan had a few members who were unhappy about the arrangement of being an outcast. As such, a number of them left. However, one family in particular came back after leaving. They were pardoned but were given the punishment of having to serve the other 12 clans for the rest of eternity or until their clan dies out. From a young age, Sachi was trained (like many before her) of what her duty was to the 12 clans if there is a rise of those who seek Paedro's soul. However, since the punishment was given a century ago, not many of today's clan members know the existence of the Ryugazaki's duty to the Zodiacs.

{/slide}
[/stabs]​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Iceydaze
Yep it's gone just as you both side, i'll give it a month then i'll start up a new one with a different plot, also i plan to allow double use of sighs so more people can join and three powers one offensive one defensive and one auto is that ok with you lot

• Love
Reactions: xLarius
Yep it's gone just as you both side, i'll give it a month then i'll start up a new one with a different plot, also i plan to allow double use of sighs so more people can join and three powers one offensive one defensive and one auto is that ok with you lot

if it's not here by then I'll be too unmotivated to join any rps

If Mako is really deleting their account, I was thinking of continuing the RP. Obviously wont have the same plans as she/he did because I don't know what they were. But if anyone is willing to help or just give me time, I could maybe figure something out.

If Mako is really deleting their account, I was thinking of continuing the RP. Obviously wont have the same plans as she/he did because I don't know what they were. But if anyone is willing to help or just give me time, I could maybe figure something out.
that works for me as well what do you think about my idea for the powers

that works for me as well what do you think about my idea for the powers
I think we should keep it as is. We don't want this to be an RP that's based solely on powers. Rather have powers be used now and then while at the same time letting people use their skills

I think we should keep it as is. We don't want this to be an RP that's based solely on powers. Rather have powers be used now and then while at the same time letting people use their skills
fair enough what about multi potions for the signs.

Wait!? What's happening???

fair enough what about multi potions for the signs.
Multi potions? I don't know what you are referring to

Wait!? What's happening???
It seems Mako is deleting his account for some reason. He already deleted the discord. I'm debating right now if there should be an attempt to continue/start the RP without him or not

It seems Mako is deleting his account for some reason. He already deleted the discord. I'm debating right now if there should be an attempt to continue/start the RP without him or not
Has anyone tried to contact him? Like on discord or anywhere else maybe?

@SolemnOath , if you do take over the RP , i think we might have to let a admin know, before they just throw this thread into the graveyard

Like more than one person can play the monkey etc

I might have a friend to fill that role

Like more than one person can play the monkey etc
Only one monkey etc, if there were multiple it would lower the value of them in a sense. There are meant to be 12 plus the cat, so let's keep it like that

@SolemnOath , if you do take over the RP , i think we might have to let a admin know, before they just throw this thread into the graveyard
I'm not sure if I will. I need to see if everyone is still on board, and if I can come up with a good plot for the RP ^^;

Only one monkey etc, if there were multiple it would lower the value of them in a sense. There are meant to be 12 plus the cat, so let's keep it like that
yes and no yes there's only 12 signs but romance and friendship wise it opens things up more

I'll consider retaining my roles, Most likely keeping my powers as is (power scaling them up if anything)

Last edited: