The Alistar Accords

Definitely true. She could also come along and just not be there for the actual negotiations, a caretaker could take care of her while the adults were negotiating. Also I'm not sure how much a festival would make sense considering they're STARTING, not ENDING, the war XD But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Also, the post I'm writing right now describes what Xavier is wearing - just so you know, I know NOTHING about medieval clothing, so just go with it XD

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea, I'll come up with something and if I have to i'll just make a compact explanation of the situation before they leave and just skip to them arriving since that will probably end up being long all on its own. Also, Don't worry about the clothing, fantasy allows you to go crazy with that. 8D

Yeah, one thing I've discovered is that we're both very good at making our posts nice and long XD

Alright, so I didn't get to them arriving at Alistar but I figured that it would be easier to have Ches run into the messenger and the princess and pull them from their onto the journey and have them arrive at Alistar then. >w< Also, I didn't want to make my post to long~

Haha, that's fine with me. After all, the negotiations are our first major plot point, so there's no need to rush into it!

Hmm, I'm going to write my reply tomorrow evening - I sort of want to show a bit of Dahlia and Ann walking around Elmensam, just because I think it'd be nice, but I don't think I'd be able to do that without having Ann say a few things, and I'd hate to godmode. I also probably don't know enough about Elmensam to make it quite descriptive T_T Perhaps I'll leave that out, then... although in that case I'm not sure what to write other than more about the Wyvern Festival, which doesn't really involve any of your characters XD

XD You could have Ann talk with Dahlia, like you could say they are talking about something but you don't have to write any dialog. As for Elmensam, just think fantasy forest. XD

It's alright, mine is a little lame too so we're even XD

yay indeed! I'm glad that we were able to pick this up again!

Hey - so since the negotiations are about to start in earnest, would you mind giving me a bit of info so I can make my post? I'm trying to figure out what Alistar would want from Elmensam. What are some of their exports? What do they trade with other countries? Alistar doesn't have too much use for wood, but perhaps there are certain herbs or foods that grow there? Just a thought. Thanks!

Well I was thinking that Elmensam would full of exotic foods and herbs that Alistar might have never seen. They grow healing herbs and other things and simple fields since they can't really cut down such large trees very easily. However they are experts in green housing in a way and can easily provide a steady flow of fresh herbs year round. They also have a variety of rare flowers and food that they grow as well, some that they might have never seen before. I was thinking that maybe they might grow really spicy food in Elmensam, something that might catch the interest of fire elementalists. So they might have a field dedicated to a really spicy pepper or.

Also, I was thinking that as a bonus after the war, they would offer up the mountains to mine if they completely eliminated the Orc. Then Alister could have all those raw materials since they would probably have more use for it than Elmensam ever would. Also, they would allow any mining workers to stay in Elmensam peacefully without any worry, just as long as they respected the forest of course.

Okay those ideas are all really awesome - that second paragraph especially got me thinking. Around the time period this is presumably taking place, it was common for kingdoms to set up outposts - like EXTREMELY miniature kingdoms - near where all of the resources are, which would house the workers/farmers/etc and have a mini government to rule over them, then the resources would be sent back to the main kingdom. Like a colony, basically. Perhaps Alistar becomes interested in mining those mountains (trying to remember what we were calling them, if we had a name for them), so goes about building an outpost there. Xavier, as the prince, gets put in charge of the outpost, thus bringing him much closer to where Ches is once the war is over. Is that an idea you'd be interested in? It's WEEKS away, but something worth considering. Eventually maybe there's a feud between those elementalists at the outpost and the elves, thus causing some trouble. I was also thinking, WAY in the future, that perhaps some of the various elementalists start fighting, thus destabilizing all of Alistar (like the fire elementalists go to war with the water or something), and at that point perhaps Ches and Xavier are an item so there are implications, etc, etc. I'm just running my mouth at this point but suffice it to say I have ideas haha. But again, that stuff is WAY ahead of us.

I love the idea of the elves helping the elementalists with greenhousing and stuff like that - perhaps they set up an agreement wherein they get paid immediately with a lump sum of some money but mostly healing herbs and stuff like that (and of course also housing the soldiers that get sent to help them), but also help them set up greenhousing in Alistar so that they can grow their own (mostly in the earth territory). Sounds good? Of course in the roleplay we won't immediately come to that conclusion, perhaps there should be some really tense debate before they FINALLY come to the historic Alistar Accords.

Oh~ That sounds really interesting, their relationship could also be the life saver of the fights between the outposts and elementalists maybe? Its a bit stretch for this setting but maybe we could find a way around it. Anyway, I think the outpost idea and the Alistar falling apart kind of thing, I also thing that maybe if Alistar falls because of inner turmoil, there might be some people who don't want to fight, who just want to live in peace after already fighting the Orcs in Elmensam. In that case Elmensam opens their doors to the weak and peace wanting people of Alistar which in turn might but Elmensam under a lot of tension with there lack of buildings and such but also creates a large opportunity for Elmensam to go from simple kingdom to really stepping up in the empire games kind of, since many of those who come to Elmensam might be builders and cooks and weapons makers.

Of course as you said this is all for way in the future for now, I was just adding some stuff to the ideas. As for the discussion idea I'm pretty much game for that, Elmensam is capable of that and the fighting before the final decision is also liked.

Wow look at us, we are getting SO intense right now, we're already talking war refugees and the fighting has yet to begin haha. I love it. I think Alistar's civil war would be WAY in the future, after the Orcs fall, after the outpost is erected, and probably after the incident between the Elves and the Miners (the movie has practically written itself haha).

Okay so I will probably have my post up tonight. I'm moving on Saturday, which means that the next couple days might be a bit difficult in terms of roleplaying (since I need to do all my weekend homework over the next few evenings), but which ALSO means that after this weekend it should be a lot easier to have free quiet time for writing, since I'll have my own room - and that's good because it looks like we may be on the verge of starting up another one.

But I'm glad we fleshed out some really interesting ideas. I'll post as soon as I can!

Awesome, I can't wait to read it. Also don't worry about posting to much while you're moving, I know how that time can get hectic. Anyway, I can't wait for the future of this RP as well as the other one~ >w< I think this is going to be great~

Given my background in politics, this last post was a little TOO enjoyable for me haha

Oh~ that was a long post, I hope you don't mind mine being shorter than that XD I certainly don't have enough to say at this point in time though I'll probably have more once the talks get going.

Yours was a lot longer than I was expecting it to be, since our characters weren't really interacting yet haha. I find that the easiest way to make a post longer (not that yours needed to be at all) is to actually show a conversation, with dialogue and all, instead of just saying "they talked about this." But yeah things will definitely pick up in that respect. Will post my reply tomorrow!

PS I'll probably mention some numbers in my next post, regarding how much money we want, but I have NO idea what would make sense given the time period, so I'll just make something up. Don't think I'm stupid if what I ask for is ridiculous haha!