The Airvenger

"Hello there! Yes, Ryu and I had a mishap in the engine room. Good thing you didn't see me covered in oil. It stank!" he smiled, then introduced Aki as well, letting Aki get to know Saye. "Yeah, he was eating actually, before he just passed out, poor guy. So how are you doing?" He asked, sipping a glass of water. He was usually more thirsty than hungry, even though he knew he needed to eat better, considering he was still so skinny-looking!

Saye greeted Aki with a nod a large smile before turning back to Ivin.

"I am doing well!" she said. "I'm excited for classes to begin with the new fighters." Turning to Aki, she spoke again. "What did you think of Wasp? Isn't he so cool?"

Saye was so appreciative of Wasp that she adored him. Some of the olders mistook it for misplaced admiration, but she couldn't help it. If it weren't for Wasp she would have had to return to her family a failure.

Judging by the way the girl approached the table, waving like a maniac with a big smile on her face and calling Ivin by his name, Aki wondered if the two of them were close or if the girl was just normally that friendly. When the girl was introduced as "Saye" he nodded in greeting, deciding to throw in a charming smile just because she was that cute. She seemed close enough to Ryu in order to do something as playful as poke the poor man's cheek in a manner that Aki would dub as 'most annoying'. Still, Ryu did nothing more than make minimal movement, not even moving his face away as he continued to sleep on.

Gaze drawn back to his roommate, Aki was content to let the conversation continue without him while he ate his meal. He watched the exchange of words between obvious friends, though his eyes hardly left Ivin's face. Something about the man had him captivated and it was annoying that he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He became more annoyed when Saye forced his attention away with a question. "Hm? That Wasp guy? I don't really know much about him so I guess I can't really say..." What? Did she have a crush on that guy or something? Her eyes certainly did seem to sparkle when she spoke about Wasp.

A crash from the kitchen sounded, possibly two of the cooks colliding with trays of food, and Ryu shook awake. Blinking a few times, he struggled to grasp reality as he lifted his head and wiped the drool from the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand. For a moment, he looked from Ivin, to Aki, to Saye with a bit of a confused look on his face.

And then finally: "Where did the unicorn go?" And the dancing lemons for that matter. Oh, that's right. It'd been a dream. With a dreamy smile, Ryu remembered the unicorns grazing majestically in the field while lemons spun and bobbed to the music coming from the sky. What a nice dream. Everything had smelled like strawberry licorice.

Glancing at his half-full tray of food with heavy-lidded eyes, he noted the licorice topped cupcake for dessert and sighed.

Gavin's tinkering ideas were interrupted by a crashing sound. He looked about to see the cause of the noise but could not find the source, but could only deduce it came from the kitchen. Turning back to his sandwich, which he had started eating after almost eating half of the food on his tray, he saw that that Ryu had woken. He could see that he wasn't entirely awake yet so he took another bite of his sandwich, chewed it and swallowed the bite before getting his attention. "Hey Ryu" he took a drink to help wash down his bite of sandwich. "Could I get some circuit things from you? Like some wires and, resistors, and maybe a small transformer? If it's too much of a hassle I can ask one of the electrical crew."

Saye nodded at Aki, because she could understand not wanting to give a definite opinion until one knew about the person. She was about to ask more questions of him when there was a loud crash and she jumped. Ryu woke up though. She turned to Ryu to greet him, but Gavin beat her to it.

Then a thought occurred to her.

"Wait, when is today's training?" she asked. "Did Wasp mention anything to you and the others, Aki? He always has one session to test out the new fighters and give everyone a chance to get to know each other."

Aki was certain that if he thought hard enough, he could remember what Wasp had said before assigning rooms... Too bad he was too lazy at the moment. "Can't remember," he replied to Saye, grinning sheepishly and shrugging his shoulders. However, he wasn't really looking forward to jumping into another classroom so soon. What he really wanted was to test out Ivin's abilities. "If there's nothing planned, you should show me what you guys do around here for fun," he added, just barely managing to give Saye a bit of attention. Strange how his roommate was the only one Aki suddenly found himself interested in. Normally he was more than happy to pilfer details and secrets from all of the people around him and quite possibly use what was acquired as leverage. It was very much unlike him to take an interest to one person in particular.

When he realized he was staring at Ivin again, he tore his gaze away and tried to make like he was interested in his food, only to find that his plate was empty. When had he finished it off? He was still a little hungry... Gaze wandering sideways to Ivin sitting beside him, he eyed the man's remaining food and smiled to himself as a mean idea formed in his head. "Yoink~" he snickered as he snatched Ivin's dessert with lightning quick speed and held it out of his reach.

Still a bit confused about what was going on, Ryu glanced around with his sleepy stare until he found the body to the voice calling his name. "Oh, hello Gavin," he voiced with a dopey smile, rubbing the sleep from his eyes with both hands.

Ryu rather liked Gavin because they were similar in certain ways. Both of them enjoyed tinkering, Gavin more so with electronics and circuits rather than mechanics and gears, but nevertheless they were both fighters whom got on well and even fit in with the crew. It didn't necessarily mean the two of them were friends, but they at least had respect for each other.

"Wires and resistors I can get," Ryu replied, a little more awake now, though it hardly showed on his face. "However we're short on tranformers... I hear the next place The Airvenger will dock at has a few shops for that kind of thing though." He paused, stroking his chin in thought before continuing a moment later. "I was planning to go anyway if you'd like to accompany me?" He wasn't sure how long it would be before they docked again but the promise of a little shopping trip could be something fun to look forward to.

Ivin smiled, nodding to Gavin. "Wasp is cool. Just don't let him sneak up on you," He grinned. "Er... class? I haven't a clue, but I'm up for whatever." He said casually. The look on Ivin's face was a tad lighter than normal. Usually he was Mr. Tall dark and scary, but that was in his serious mood. He had no need for that at the moment, for which he was glad. He just chuckled as he saw Aki steal his desert, and shrugged, with a total 'I'm not getting up to get that back' kind of grin, finished the rest of his dinner. He definitely noticed a lot of the 'sneaky' looks he was getting from Aki, as well. The guy had compelling eyes.. how could he not?

"Hm" Gavin chewed thoughtfully and finished his sandwich. "Yeah I'll go with you. Thanks." He didn't turn to look at who was talking. "There wasn't a whole lot done today, Wasp will probably have something for us to do after dinner." he said out loud and not to anyone in particular as he pulled an apple in half with his hands and bit into one of the whole halves.