The Airvenger

Seriah smiled, "nice to meet you to Akira." Once Akira had chosen, Seriah placed her backpack on the left bed and sat down. She turned to face Akira and shrugged, "I'm not sure though i was planing on taking a tour of the training room."

She got to her feet and adjusted the dagger on her hip, "maybe get in a little practice." "I'm to excited to sleep like the others." She smiled and gestured towards the door, "did you want to join me?"

Akira stood up, "Certainly!" She grabbed the case and followed Pixie out. "I can't believe the others are sleeping," she said with a smile.

Seriah grinned and nodded in agreement, "i know this place is amazing!" She looked at Akira, "so what weapon do you use?" She asked as they arrived at the training room, Seriah awaited Akira's answer as she opened the door.

((not sure how to describe it XD))

Akira grinned, "I use a sword." She peeked into the room. "Will we train with our actual weapons, or fake ones?" she wondered. They were simply training, but someone could still get hurt.

Ivin winced when he saw the apple hit poor Ryu on the head! "Sorry bout that. Go ahead and munch. I can tell you've been here a while. Is there anything you need help with? Any chores or any repair work?" He asked, though it was getting pretty late. soon he'd have to go back upstairs and sleep... but for now? He would stay busy.

Hopefully his roommate was a decent fellow, and wouldn't try to start too much drama while they shared a room.~

Lyra smiled and shook her head, appreciating Saye's eagerness to help, "No.. not just yet, I have the necessities, I just won't be very stylish is all.. " she replied sheepishly. Leaning back on her elbows, Lyra extended her feet out in front of her on the bed and luxuriated in being able to relax and put her feet up for a few minutes. The room was pleasantly cool at the moment, although Lyra worried it would be chilly at night and she had little to remedy that, no blankets, long-sleeve shirts, or jackets. At least she didn't have to worry about her roommate, she seemed harmless enough- who knew? Maybe they would actually become friends- weirder things had happened to Lyra.
"So... anything I should know about this place? Any tips? Anyone to avoid?" Lyra asked, tilting her head to the side, encouraging Saye to relieve her post at the door and have a seat.

Saye nodded and sat on her bed before frowning in thought at the questions.

"Be wary of the crewmembers. They think we have it way easy and hate us," she said sadly. "But some of them are nice! Especially Ryu, though I don't talk to him much.... He's also a fighter.

"Um, I don't know about you but I think Vhant is a little creepy, but he's nice. I mean, he does so much for us rejects that I can't help but look up to the guy. I think he was a rejected Guardian in training or something.

"Wasp is awesome. But I'm sure you realize that. His training is strict, but it is so worth it! He's also really nice about it.

"There are a lot of fighters, but usually Wasp puts people who have been here less than a month together for a while. Then we "graduate" when we are getting better and he thinks we're ready.

"Um... Tips. Arrive early for meals or you'll get next to nothing. The fighters get to go through first if we are there on time. Crew goes through second, and any scragglers that take too long to get down there eat whatever is left. Cooks will continue to cook until most of the crew goes through though so sometimes there's a chance you'll get good stuff if you're late.

"It's communal showers, but not co-ed thankfully! Girl's showers are left of the training room, boy's is on the right.

"And I think that's all the tidbits of information I really have to offer..." Saye admitted sheepishly. She wished she knew what else to offer her. She let herself think on it while Lyra soaked up that information.

Seriah laughed a little, "well i use a bow with poison arrows so we'd better use fake weapons!" She motioned to the far wall which contained various wooden weapons, "i use daggers and knifes as well in case I'm forced into close combat so i can use those instead." She selected two large daggers and stood in front of Akira, "feel free to use your actual sword."

"I don't think I will," Akira said, picking up a wooden sword. "I wouldn't want to hurt you on our first day here!" She said playfully, though she doubted she could hurt the other woman. She looked more experienced and Akira never did well with someone with daggers. She would use this as practice, should she ever come across someone with real daggers.

"Ready?" She asked.

Seriah laughed and nodded, "no i don't think that'd be very good for either of us." She wondered if Akira would be a formidable opponent, deciding that though she seemed small she could possibly be quiet hard to pin down.

Seriah nodded and prepared herself, "ready." She would wait for Akira to make the first move, Seriah's style was to be quick and graceful. Coming in close to strike, then slipping slyly out of reach. She would fool them into thinking they'd found a weakness, then strike them down. She would either tire her opponent out or slash a major artery, she was quite good at close combat but she preferred her bow.

Akira circled Seriah, wondering what to do. She could tell that the other girl was waiting for her to make the first move and Akira would do just that. She must rely on...speed? Or the element of surprise? Akira wondering, trying to figure out what type of fighter her opponent was. It always helped to do that, knowing exactly what to expect. But what if that's what made me fail? Maybe I should just wing it? She asked herself. She examined her opponent one more time, taking in her size and guessing how much she weighed. Such things were very important in battle, Akira told herself.

After a moment, Akira took a step forward, jumping into the air, planning on coming down on the other girl with a fierce strike from the wooden sword.

'' Your gonna pay for that " Aladdin grumbled while moving and placing himself onto his side, his eyes shifted around the room-- Wonder how long it's been... Nonetheless he had gotten a good rest, sure he wouldn't had mind a couple more minutes of sleep but beggars can't be choosers, or so he thought was that saying at least. Kicking his legs in annoyance he was sure he had hit something, or something. Hell if he cared, the person had better have a damn good excuse. Aladdin ran his hand around his slick hair and groaned when he saw the sun was still up, scanning the room his eyes shifted onto the man that stood before him. '' Aye, Gavin I presume ? " He asked while slowly sliding off the the bed, well Gavin's bed as he had so nicely put. It pained him to do so, comfort was something he rarely had and for it to be taken away from him so suddenly was not a enjoyable experience. One fully suited and stretched he extended his hand shaking his fellow room mates roughly .

" So how's life in this place ? "

Gavin observed as the desk this new guy kicked wobbled, along with the lamp on top of it. He moved aside as he watched him get up, he seemed agitated. Maybe he should have just let him sleep, oh well time to get acquainted then. He grasped the other dude's hand firmly and shook it back just as rough. "Yeah that's me." Gavin turned around and sat on the edge of the bed and considered his question. "It's okay. The crew on the ship don't like the fighters. Not sure why. There's the library and training room and some other things to keep busy with." He reached under his bed and pulled out a plastic container that resembled a tool box and opened it up, revealing a bunch of wires, circuit boards, batteries and other things. "The food is good, just make sure you get there early." Gavin took his box and sat himself at the desk, setting out the pieces he was going to work with. Maybe I should go to the training area he thought as he twisted two wires together I need more practice.

Seriah noticed Akira studying her, like she had done to her. It was an important thing in battle, and was the mark of a great fighter. She wondered what she was thinking, and how she would attack.

Seriah waited until Akira was almost on top of her, then she rolled out of the way. She jumped to her feet and went to strike Akira's sword holding arm, attempting to dis arm her.

Speed, Akira assumed as Seriah dodged her attack. Akira spun to meet Seriah's attack, hitting the other girl with the sword. She stepped back a little, slightly satisfied.

Taking a bite of the apple, Ryu listened to what Ivin had to say. It wasn't as difficult to stay focused as it usually was with other people, mostly because Ivin was a man of few words. He chewed for a very long moment while he thought of something harmless his somewhat-friend could work on, staring off into nothing once more. It was usually at this point that others believed he was no longer a participant in the conversation.

After setting the apple down on the cleanest spot of floor he could find, Ryu leaned back to his toolbag and pulled out a second wrench.
"That nut there needs your attention," he voiced with his soft tone and dropped the wrench into Ivin's possession. "Counterclockwise, please... Or... clockwise?" He tapped his chin with his own wrench while he thought for a moment, gazing upward as if the ceiling of the engine room had the answer written on it. "Counter... Yes, counterclockwise seems right," he finally said, nodding as if to reassure himself more than Ivin. Then he turned back to his work.

Seriah noticed Akira's satisfied look and got a little irritated, she was ultra competitive and determined to win. She sidestepped behind Akira and struck her behind her knee, then slipped away again.

Akira fell to one knee, she looked over at Seriah. For a while she wondered what to do next, attack or let the other girl attack? Akira decided to let Seriah attack this time. She got up and stared challengingly at her opponent. Though it was obvious that the other girl would not lose easily, Akira would try her hardest.

She'd have to be quick, quicker than Seriah. Akira waited for her attack, ready to dodge and counter attack.

"No problem," Ivin said pleasantly as he turned the little nut with his small but strong hands. It cooperated easily enough and the task was done in a matter of just a few seconds. "Done. Anything else before I go crash for a while?" He asked, stretching a bit.

He never minded helping out. The busier he stayed, the less angry his thoughts could become. He was however, a bit tired from staying awake for two nights in a row now. His dreams bothered him.... some of them showed him his brothers and sisters being sold all over again, as if the dreams taunted him for his lack of being able to help anyone.

Would his future have similar endings? He sure hoped not. He didn't want to fail again.~

Humming as he worked, Ryu slipped back into his own little world for a moment, or at least until Ivin finished his task and spoke again. "Hmmm... What else could you do, I wonder?" he mumbled, tapping his chin once again with his wrench, although this time he unknowingly was smudging grease on his face.

He was so busy deciding what to have Ivin do that he didn't notice something right away. The nut Ivin had supposively tightened was in fact incredibly loose instead. Pressure from the malfunctioning engine fired the nut off of its bolt as if a gun had fired it out of a barrel, just barely missing Ivin's head! It ricocheted off the ceiling and bounced a few more times before rolling to a stop somewhere off to the left of where they were sitting.

If only that were the end of the mishap. Now the bolt vibrated loose and luke warm engine oil squirted from the hole, this time getting Ivin's face for sure.
"Oh my..." Ryu blinked as he watched the engine spit up on Ivin, oil squirting like blood from a nicked artery. "Perhaps is was clockwise after all..." he said with a smile. "Oh I know what you can do. Please go find the nut?" Leaning over, he did what seemed natural to him and stuck his pinky finger in the hole gushing oil to plug it, smiling softly up at Ivin.

It was funny how things often worked themselves out. He'd been at a loss for what job to give Ivin but waiting a few moments had given him the answer.