The Airvenger

Ivin yelped as he was suddenly grabbed in a headlock, but ended up laughing anyway! "Alright little big man. Here's your first lesson of why you -shouldn't- underestimate smaller guys like me!" He said, before without any warning, tossing Aki over his shoulder and hurtling him face down on his own bed and sitting on his back, looking like an onrey brat! "So. Welcome to Airvenger. Are there any questions so far?" He asked, with a good natured smile.

Seriah grinned back, "and we were surprised as well." She said with a small laugh, she shrugged in response to his question "we can keep going if you like" "Or we could wait for the others, doesn't matter to me." She was getting on well with Akira, that was reassuring since they'd be around each other a lot.

She was secretly a little angry with herself, she been taught never to focus solely on her opponent. It made a warrior vulnerable, and that had been exactly what she had been doing. She reminded herself that she had done well considering she was used to a bow, and long range combat. She also felt a small sense of accomplishment, that she'd managed to avoid Wasp's attacks and a land a blow against him, however small.

Wasp was about to knock on a door when he heard the dinner bell, and the door swung open in front of him.

"AH!" Saye exclaimed, jumping back. "Wasp! I wasn't expecting to see you there. Was that the dinner bell?"

"Yes indeed."

"Oh, well..." Saye turned and looked at Lyra. "Are you interested in food, Lyra?"

Wasp, now feeling a little awkward, excused himself and started for the stairs to go to the dinner hall.

(sorry, wanted to get a double post in so I just merged them)

Akira saw the two boys enter the training room. "Let's watch these two," she suggested, sitting on the floor. She crossed her legs and placed the wooden sword on her lap.

With a small smile she said, "This should be interesting." Of course, Akira would learn about these two's fighting skills, helping her improve her own. And that, she thought, was a pretty good deal. She'd always been a visual learner, as well as hands on, but she liked studying likely opponents before actually fighting them.

Gavin was starting to sweat when he heard the dinner bell ring. Aladdin threw a quick which Gavin had invited by exposing his ribs. He dropped his arm drown and grabbed his leg, whirling around and throwing Aladdin clear off his feet. "Time for dinner." Gavin walked across the matted area looking through his peripherals, taking note that he was being watched. He knew he'd probably have to use a different strategy if he ever had to spar against them, that's why he preferred to not let the people he fight with live. But these were going to be his comrades, so it was for the best. Gavin finished lacing up his boots and lead Aladdin to the cafeteria.

Seriah nodded and sat down cross legged next to Akira, she then turned her attention to wards the boy Aladdin and another unknown boy. She enjoyed watching others fight, it allowed her to see their style. However she had been taught wisely not to relay on that alone, as opponents could change their technique.

She too heard the dinner bell, she got to her feet and returned her daggers to the wall. She turned back to Akira, "should we follow those two?" Gesturing to the two departing boys, "because i seem have forgotten where the cafeteria is." She said, laughing a little.

Although finding where the Airvenger was docked, finding oneself around the interior of the ship was another problem altogether. Aurore had lost count on the many corridors she ventured. Thinking back on it, Aurore realized that she should've listen to her guide when she was first taken aboard the ship instead of being preoccupied with thoughts of the beautiful maidens that she may have the pleasure of being acquainted with. A bell rung and Aurore figured it was time for dinner. The thought of food produced a low growling sound from her stomach.

Sighing, she decided it would best to postpone her meeting with the captain in favor of substance. She found herself roaming the the halls once again with no particular direction in mind.

Cheek squished against the mattress with Ivin sitting on his back, Aki could only assume that the man was grinning from the tone in his voice. "Questions... Hmmm..." he said in between gasps for breath. Ivin might have looked lanky but dammit, he was heavy! "Yeah, I've got one."

Taking as deep a breath he could, he tensed his body and pushed himself up onto his hands and knees, lifting Ivin's weight with just a little bit of difficulty. Then he arched his back upward, throwing Ivin off balance and quickly rolled. The roll came to a stop when he'd swung a leg across Ivin to straddle and pin his waist down. "Are all of the fighters on this ship as easy as you?" He smirked as he struggled to get a hold on Ivin's wrists and pin them down.

Akira jumped up at the sound of the dinner bell. Though she hadn't allowed herself to think about it until now, she'd been starving! She quickly put away the practice sword.

"Uhhhh...I forgot where it was too," she admitted, laughing. "Let's follow them," Akira said, rushing off to catch up to the two boys.

As it turned out Aladdin was in no condition to be walking about the ship, Gavin had done some damage. "Sorry, roomie", he apologized to his unconscious room mate. So Gavin first carried Aladdin's limp form to the infirmary, all the explanation he gave to the nurse was "Sparring" she understood. When Gavin left it meant he'd have to double back and as he faced the way he came he saw the two girls that had been watching Aladdin and he fight. "Oh....Hi." There was an awkward pause "...I'm going to dinner..." Gavin scooted past them and hurried to get to the cafeteria before many other people did first.

With one buck of his hips, Ivin had tossed Aki off of him, accidentally crushing the guy's family jewels and smirked. "Easy? Me? Not likely. Now come on, I think I heard someone mention dinner. You hungry? I know I'm half starved." He helped Aki up from where he'd tossed the poor boy, making sure there weren't any visible bruises on him! The new roommate was certainly proving to be fun, which he was glad for. Someone had to keep his serious side in line...

That was such a cheapshot! Gasping for air, Aki clamped a hand over his crotch to protect it from any more damage, flopping backward off of Ivin. "Nnngh," he groaned, fighting the feeling in the back of his throat that hinted he might just throw up. After a few moments though, he managed to regain a little composure and took the offered hand to help him up. "Not cool, man," he laughed, though he kept a protective hand ready incase of a second attack. "But effective."

At the mention of food, Aki's bottomless pit of a stomach growled and it caused him to grin sheepishly. "Food sounds great. Just let me get my bag." He turned back to his bed but paused and grinned at that last word. Considering what had just happened, he found it funny that he'd used that term and couldn't help but snicker. Scooping up his satchel, he slid the strap over his head and then rejoined Ivin by the door. "Alright my new friend, lead me to the food."

As Wasp walked up the stairs to head to the Captain's quarters where he would take lunch until it was time to gather the young fighters, he heard more than felt the ship begin it's movement into the sky. They must have let the crew have an early dinner, he supposed, or else they wouldn't be moving for another hour. Everyone must have finally been accounted for.

"Right, food it is. Usually pretty good too. I'll introduce you to Ryu. He works down in the engine room. I spend time either training or down there." He said, leading the way to the dining area. Most were already seated, and he spotted Ryu, heading over to that place, and saw there were no other people sitting by the fellow. "Ryu, this is Aki. Aki, this is Ryu." He introduced them formally,then drank a glass of water. All that talking made him thirsty!

When he'd returned to his room, Ryu had in mind to take a shower and wash the machine dirt from his body. Things did not go as planned. He'd stripped down to his boxers, had tossed his dirty clothes in the hamper, only to suddenly have a full two days without sleep bite him in the ass. It was a wonder how he made it to the bed before he passed out, face down in the pillow. Like usual, his dreams consisted of new ideas for strange little inventions.

When he woke again, he wasn't sure of the time, only that he was still dirty and very hungry. So after a hurried shower, he tugged on some clean clothes and headed toward the cafeteria to fill his empty belly. He couldn't help but daydream a little as he strolled along and ended up getting lost for a few minutes. Eventually he found his way back onto the right path and reached his destination with little time lost.

Tray full of food, Ryu settled down in his usual seat and slowly began eating.

Hands in his pockets, Aki followed Ivin through the ship's hallways, openly gazing through open doors and studying peoples' faces as they passed by. He wanted to become familiar with his surroundings as soon as possible so he could feel more 'at home'. When they reached the cafeteria, Aki dropped down into chair next to Ivin and gazed across the table. So this was Ryu? "Yo," he said with a smile and a quick nod of his head. He didn't want to jump to conclusions but the guy sitting across from him looked little bit like a...uh...weirdo? Or maybe just a bit space casey?

Ryu was mid-thought about birds, or rather seagulls to be specific, when Ivin's voice called him back to reality. Such was often the case lately, he realized. With a smile, he glanced up at his friend before turning his attention to a new face. This Aki fellow looked kind enough, full of energy. If he was Ivin's new roommate, he wondered how the two got along.

"Oh, hello. Nice to meet you," he replied when he realized he'd spaced out again, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. His eyes still felt really heavy and he was sure he needed more sleep. So naturally he did just that, mumbling a small 'goodnight'. Pushing aside his tray, he folded his arms on the tabletop, rested his head on top, and closed his eyes.

Aki could only blink in response. Ryu was really sleeping right there on the table? Who does that?! Lifting an eyebrow with amusement, Aki chuckled and shook his head. "Hey. Let's get some food already. I'm starving," he whined at Ivin, giving a friendly elbow nudge to the ribs while the man was in the middle of taking a drink.

"Ah, sorry Aki.. Please excuse Ryu. He may be a little different, but the poor man works day after day all alone in the engine room. Sometimes he forgets to eat or sleep... and besides, he was my first friend. He's easy to talk to once you get to know him. Right this way to the food." He smiled and lead the way, taking a tray and thanking the server when his plate was filled. He grabbed a soda, and waited for Aki to get his meal, before leading the way -carefully- back to their table.

It was far nicer here on Airvenger than he could have hoped for. Who'd've thought he'd ever be able to make even two friends? He just hoped he could keep up in his training, and not only advance, but surpass expectations.

The cafeteria was pretty much the same as the guardian school's cafeteria. Aki wondered what else here on The Airvenger was modeled after the school as he filled his tray with food. When they arrived back at the table, Ryu was still sleeping silently. He couldn't help but think the guy was just like a little kid in that aspect.

Surveying Ivin's tray, Aki grin inwardly when he thought of a cruel idea to win himself some revenge. Glancing up toward the cafeteria doors, he gestured at some unfamiliar faces entering the room and asked
"Hey Ivin, who are they?" while he snuck his hand into his satchel to grab the cheese he'd found earlier. He waited for his chance for when Ivin wasn't looking, then quickly placed the cheese on his roommate's plate and put on an indifferent face as he began eating his own meal.

That's for the cheapshot to the nuts.

Ivin grinned at the cheese, sniffed it suspiciously, and casually threw it away. No way was he falling for -that-! Smirking a bit, he bit into his real food, which was much better than that foul cheese he was glad he hadn't eaten! "Nice try Aki." he said, around a mouth full of bread and vegetables. He was pretty hungry, but he was perfectly fine after just one plate, and a tall glass of water. A lot of people liked tea, but to Ivin, a lot of tea flavors had after tastes that were just plain -gross-. "So where are you from, Aki? If you don't mind me asking."

Saye, realizing her poor sleepy roommate wouldn't be going to dinner with her, frowned in disappointment and quietly left the room. She walked the distance to the cafeteria and grabbed a tray and food and looked around for a familiar face.

"Ivin!" she exclaimed, walking that way. She knew Ivin because of training, and they had never really talked outside of there. But between Ivin or someone she didn't know... It seemed like the lesser of the two evils. Especially since Ivin was in a good mood today.

Sitting, Saye smiled broadly. "Hiya Ivin! And good to see Ryu out and about, even if he is passed out." She poked at his cheek. "Does he even eat?"

Gavin had made it in decent time. He got in line and managed to get some fruit along with some meat loaf they were serving and an assortment of vegetables. Gavin quite liked the sandwiches and he always got one with every meal. Happy with his choice of foods Gavin found a seat almost sort of near some of the kids he was some what familiar with, and there was some of the ones he didn't know. Giving an acknowledging wave to those he knew he sat down ad pulled his tray closer and began eating, starting to think about the circuit he was working on in his room. He might go ask Ryu to see if he could manage to obtain some pieces for him from one of the crew members. Despite keeping mostly to himself he did manage to get some less than friendly looks from the crew but he payed them no heed, he just remembered their faces so he could describe to what ever authority figure who they were before he used his fists to rearrange what they looked like.