What element would your heart be?

• Flame

• Water

• Air

• Earth

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rina seemed to remain pretty quiet most of the tour. She also seemed to stay a bit back but walked keeping up and a bit faster than she might normally for Harmony to also be able to hear everything and both keep up. Though she didn't say much their were different times one could tell she was amazed her eyes seemed to widen at some of the places they toured. When they went to see the different choices of rooms she noticed Darun carve something in one of the doors her guess to state that was the room he wanted. She hadn't found one exactly that she would pick her thoughts were to perhaps get a room next to Harmony's being they seemed to be less girls so far. Thomas ended their tour by mentioning food being ready within ten minutes. Rina gave a nod as to show thanks. She knew they would have time to explore but she wasn't sure what she would explore. Rina soon began to head toward where Thomas wondered. She wondered if the sun had set yet knowing how beautiful she found them at home. Soon finding her way toward the head of the ship. Seeing Thomas she simple gave a knock to see if it was alright if she joined him being she wasn't sure.

Harmony was confuzzled. She had sat down at the
Cafeteria table, and immediately faced someone else.
She had realized it was Darun, and, before she could
he had already greeted her.

"Oh um.. er.. hi.. my n-name's.."
She began muttering. All through her stutters and
failing of an introduction, the man began to exercise!?
This confused and almost startled Harmony.

"W-what in the name of all Mana are you doing!?"
She exclaimed, sounding extremely ruder than she
had intentioned. She immediately blushed and covered
her mouth with her hands, murmuering appologies.

---------------------------------------------------

Thomas turned around to see Rina standing behind him.

"Hello Rina, did you enjoy the tour of the ship?"
He asked, putting up a smile and placing his hands on
his hips. Now directly behind him, the sun was almost
set, and you could only see a sliver of its blinding
redness. It left the sky in many shades of red and
purple.

Rina looked to Thomas and gave a small smile. "Yes the tour was nice." She replied. Rina then glanced from Thomas to the sunset that could be seen behind him. 'Beautiful' She thought looking at all the different colors.

Hugh Whitley

From the port bow, where the ship had been docked and the gangplank had been set onto the ground, a young looking man could be seen walking towards it. He was somewhat burly, strong shouldered and a very stocky build. Somewhat tall, his face had a scar that looked as if it had been cut with a red hot iron blade. Sleek dark black hair, the bangs somewhat mid-length and hanging just above his brow. It was messy, the ends were a burnt in some places. His vibrant green eyes were the only thing that really shined from this man that wasn't metal, his face was kind of dirty with soot and a little dirt.

He wore a leather shoulder pad on his right shoulder, where a large box of metal was being held with one arm. A simple black shirt with a leather apron covering it, tied around his waist and ending at his shins. The man's pants were cotton in material, but gray in color from all of the work he had done. Despite his face being dirt, he had a smile and looked rather approachable. However, a large Iron bastard sword was strapped on his back, and it looked like he was strong enough to trash it around with a single hand. His dark brown boots hit against the wooden gangplank as he was heading onto Thomas's ship.

"Hey! Thomas! I got the metal we needed! Did you find the Adv----" He stopped his sentence short as he looked around the deck. He had found a good amount of people. A small nod came from the man. "I see.. Good!" He continued towards the right, to go into where the smithy's quarters was held. "Come find me if you need me." The mans words were short, but each and every one of them had a bright tone behind them. He didn't seem like an ass at all about it.

Harmony's response caught Darun slightly off guard, glancing in her direction he could tell by her body language, Harmony seemed to have caught herself off guard with her reaction. But deciding to use this as an opportunity for conversation, he responded. "So she does speak!" Darun teased. He stopped his exercise to fully look up at her, while chuckling.
"Sorry ma'am didn't mean to ignore you, just didn't want to run you off, I can be considered . . . 'difficult' to most people." He added with a wink. Standing up, he offered his hand. " Anyway name's Darun, just Darun. But you can call me . . . well let's just stick with Darun for now." He eyed the girl, mildly amused at her shyness. Reminded him of when he was younger. Before he could stop himself his mouth was running ahead of him."And you're Harmony, right? Of course you are. Now that we're crew mates, we should get to know each other. Let's see . . . " he paused, thinking of a question. "Ah right, what's your reason for being here? Fame, fortune, adevnture, revenge, . . . love?" He asked, managing to be completely serious, and joking at the same time.

Harmony blushed vibrantly at his words. The hand he offered wasn't
ignored either, she took it, guessing he was requesting a hand shake.
She had only shook hands once, before, so she didn't want to lead it.
She kind of just held his hand, awkwardly.

He kept asking her questions and answering them for her, the conversation
was going too quick for her to keep up. But his final question caught
her attention. Love!? W-What would love have anything to do with this?

She pulled her hand away, almost instinctively.

"L-Love!?" She exclaimed, blushing and turning away. "N-No.. I'm here
to... protect Thomas..."
She turned again, this time facing him with
confidence. "It has nothing to do with love!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas turned and looked at the sky again, sighing.

"Yes, the sky does become beautiful when the sun begins it's descent."
He was enjoying the, now set, sun when he heard a loud voice from behind
him.

It was Hugh, a smithy, and a companion of his. He nodded at his shouted
question and looked back at Rina.

"I think it's about time we headed to the mess hall, don't you think?"
He asked, walking forward.

Though to Jona, the tour seemed to have taken no time at all, the sun was already beginning to dip below the horizon by the time the group reached the open deck. Thomas quickly put a brief end to the tour, and then insisted everyone meet at the mess hall in about ten minutes. As such, the new blood went their separate ways among the ship, taking their time to unpack, explore, or chat among the crew.

As for himself, Jona was keen to take the first two options in order. The fresh Mercenary hopped back down the steps and walked briskly down to where the rooms were. He picked one of the doors at random, turned the knob, and shouldered it open, stepping sideways into the room to accommodate his giant weapon.

Empty, as expected, but not for long. Jona lifted the large strap and let the Relic drop to the floor with a hefty thunk, then proceeded to tear off the other tools and gear on his person. A small backpack and a utility belt were both tossed onto one of the beds, a meager but workable cot. Free of the excess weight, Jona stretched out a bit, rolling his shoulders and twisting his back. As impressive as it was to tote that engine around a bunch of the time, it really managed to get to him after several hours of it.

Satisfied for the moment, the young engineer ended his ritual and lifted up the Relic again; he wanted to flaunt it a bit more yet. Jona paced back down the hall, and when he came to the stairs, decided to dip down and sneak a look at the Airship's engine before he headed to the cafeteria.

Rina nodded when he mentioned the sky. "Yes it is." She replied. "I bet so is the sunrise." She stated thinking of her favorite spot whee she sometime watched a sunrise back at her home. Then hearing a shot she looked at Thomas and gave a nod at his mention of the mess hall. "Probable would be rather wise." She replied and began to follow him once more.

At her reaction immediate reaction Darun couldn't help but feel a little bad for teasing her. Can't go a day without bothering someone can you? He thought to himself. Getting off on the wrong foot with someone that you would happen to be spending an extensive amount of time with in the future didn't seem smart to him. Deciding to apologize, he spoke.. "Sorry bout' that, mis- uh Harmony, didn't mean to offend . . ." He paused before continuing. "I was just teasing, can't help myself really." Darun hoped he hadn't made an ass of himself in such a short time span, it surely wouldn't be a new record for him. But still deciding to broach the topic he couldn't help but continue his line of questioning. "So if you're here to 'protect' Thomas, what is he to you?" Darun asked while trying to sound innocent.

Harmony eyes softened at his apology. She realized that she shouldn't have acted in that
way. Talking to people is extremely difficult, it seemed to her. Maybe she should just stay out of
everyone's way..

At his question her eyes lit up once more.

"Thomas is my priority, I.." She hesitated, finding her words. "My sole duty in life is to
protect him from harm.."
Her voice was getting softer as her sentence went on, she
was beginning to lose confidence in herself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas began to lead Rina to the Mess Hall, walking ahead of her. Walking down the stairs,
into the ship, he turned back to face her.

"What do you think about your new companions?" He asked her, wanting to make sure everyone
was getting along fine. He was smiling, but he felt nervous that the people that he's currently
relying on might not like each other.

Rina followed Thomas down toward the mess hall. Heading down the stairs then stopping when he seemed to and he spoke once more. "Well so far I don't have an option on most of the others. But Harmony seems really nice." She replied being that was the only person she so far had really spoken to along with now Thomas.

As Harmony spoke Darun could feel the strength leave her voice with every word. But he felt he understood what she meant, constantly watching someones back . . . and having them watch yours. Talen, he thought, the memories came back to him, completely unbidden. Of their escapades together, they were truly inseparable. Thinking about him hurt, but it like thoughts of his adoptive brother didn't come often, it was nothing new, Darun would deal. Besides, he thought, looks like she needs more cheering up than me. Looking down a sad smile crossed Daruns face for the fleetest of moments, before it was replaced with his usual warm grin. "Well I'm sure he's lucky to have you, anyone would be." Giving Harmony a pat on the shoulder, Darun walked off near the Mess Hall entrance, taking a deep breath before shouting into the ship for anyone to hear. "Can we eat! I'm so hungry my stomach's eating my stomach!"
Laughing to himself, he waited.

Harmony's eyes shined at his comment, and she didn't know how to react. Nobody had ever said anything that to her.
Not even Thomas! She didn't know how to react.. She was about to say something, or stutter something, when Darun got
up and began shouting.

The shine immediately left her eyes and she sighed, laying her head down on the table. She began to laugh quietly.
It seemed this whole Airship thing was going to be much more fun than she had originally expected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas's smile became genuine as he realized that the shy girl that didn't talk to anyone had actually made a friend
this quickly. He was proud of Harmony, he usually knew her to be timid.

"Well we'd better hurry or-" He was interrupted by a certain somebody shouting from below.
"Ah! It looks we need to pick up the pace!" He exclaimed as he began to walk at a much quicker pace than normal
back down the stairs.
"Make sure you don't fall, Rina!" He said, looking back up at her.

This was his mistake. By looking back up at her, and not looking where he was going, he, himself, was the one
who misplaced his foot and fell. He fell on his back and began sliding down the staircase.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harmony raised her head and looked at one of the side doors of the cafeteria. It was to the right of the entrance,
and it lead to the kitchens.

"I should check up on the cooks, make sure everything's ready.." She thought to herself. Upon getting up, however,
she heard a loud crash, followed by a very familiar voice yelling out, coming from the direction of the training
room.

"Oh no.." She said, her face revealing she was extremely worried.

Rina listened and right before Thomas could finish his sentence a man called about food. She actually gave a quiet laugh it seemed form hearing him then nodded to Thomas. "I believe so." She replied following behind but still not to much faster than before. Then Thomas happened to look back at her to warn her not to fall and instead he was the one who fell. "Next time I think you should worry about that yourself." She called down to him. Now actually walking faster to try and catch him before he fell all the way down.

Hugh Whitley

A small clatter of iron and weapons could be heard from the door on the far side of the mess hall, some stumbling and wooden thwaps could be heard as well. It wasn't particularly a pleasing sound, some scraping of metal and some more clangs were heard before someone would even hear a human voice. It seemed to just shout a small profanity or two before Hugh opened the door and was sucking on his pinky finger. It was a bit swollen and red, he had probably hurt it. As he closed the door, he looked out among the mess hall with another shocked look. People. A small sigh could be heard, it was getting to lunch time or something. Was it dinner? Hugh wasn't sure. But regardless, he made for a seat, and relaxed back into it with his hands behind his head. A smile was plastered across his face as he closed his head. The air felt nice, plus it was kind of a sentimental thing that he was once on an airship again.. a very nice feeling to him.

If anyone were to speak to him, he would keep his positioning like this and mostly just listen, giving minimal responses.

"Hey! Derbie! I don't suppose you're around?" Jona called out at random to the space in the lower hull. He had recalled that one guy being an engine worker, so it make sense he'd have wander off to here. Unless that guy was still with the Fleur lady, somehow. Jona couldn't be sure.

Wandering forth, lines of compression piping and hull reinforcement formed veins of iron along the inside of the Airship. There was an older lad fiddling with one of the valves, wearing a protective mask akin to a welder's face guard. Having heard Jona, though, he now turned in the newcomer's direction, giving a grunt of questioning. Then a muffled, "You looking for Derbie?"

The young engineer shrugged (with some difficulty, considering the Relic) and audibly mumbled, "Eh, not in particular. Just looking around." That got something of a chuckle from the other person, who seemed to register that Jona was not a crew-member; at least, not until recently. The worker stood up and flipped the face cover open, revealing a visage coated in a fine layer of ash.

"Hoping to sneak a look at the engine, eh?" The fellow said, his clearer voice sounding a clever flavor of suave, but with an engine worker's hint of grit.

Status
Not open for further replies.