The Airship (OOC) (NEED MEMBERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with that.

We are within reason to commence.

Oh yeah? What if I threw a fifth man into the mix?

Name: Jona Flamberge
Look:
Steampunk_Boy_MSPaint_by_koromaru_kun.jpg

Bio:
The lone child to a troubled inventor, whom was left to assume fatherhood for the boy when his wife left him after wanting a girl. Plagued by a lack of funding and respect for his works, this inventor was forced to desperately juggle a low-end job with his engineering habit and his raising a son. It wasn't long before he began to merge the latter two, getting the young boy interested in steamwork, engineering and the world's emerging technologies. In retrospect, Jona bears a sort of heartfelt respect for his father.

This loving relationship couldn't last, as Jona's father was eventually evicted and taken away for being unable to properly pay for his housing and livelihood. Jona was left with but one item: his father's magnum opus, a Relic of his own invention otherwise dismissable as a disjointed engine. It was a machine enfused with a Flame Gem, capable of ejecting explosive bolts of fire like a personal cannon. With this, Jona would take his fate into his own hands, working odd jobs as an Engineer and a Mercenary; eventually, the young man would find himself aboard the Airship.

Task: Engineer / Weapons Expert
Class: Gunner
Main Weapon Type: Gem Relic Firearm

Abilities: Engineering [Lvl.3], Gem Usage [Lvl.1], Hand-to-Hand Combat [Lvl.1]
Gems: Flame Gem, Light Gem
Bag: Personal Toolkit, Maple Leaf Crest

Personality: A fiery, free-spirited extrovert who always finds a way to keep going. Doesn't like to be held down by faults, though failures can sometimes hit him deceptively hard. He uses his outgoing nature to mask a level of cleverness to his decisions and observations. When he gets friendships going, he can turn out to be a rather reliable and empathetic being.

Fears: Swarms of Insects, Being a Nobody, being unable to see his father again
Strengths: Strong-Willed, Clever, Optimistic
Weaknesses: Overconfidence, Dependence on his Relic, Lack of Skill otherwise

Special Qualities: He seems to have a sort of minor natural talent with technology, perhaps influenced by his upbringing and his possession of a Relic. In a pinch, Jona is also keen on turning most anything he can get his hands on as a bludgeoning weapon, with varying (but predictable) results.

Other: Doesn't actually wear his goggles over his eyes very often. He claims they're uncomfortable and obscuring.

Oh yeah? What if I threw a fifth man into the mix?

Name: Jona Flamberge
Look:
Steampunk_Boy_MSPaint_by_koromaru_kun.jpg

Bio:
The lone child to a troubled inventor, whom was left to assume fatherhood for the boy when his wife left him after wanting a girl. Plagued by a lack of funding and respect for his works, this inventor was forced to desperately juggle a low-end job with his engineering habit and his raising a son. It wasn't long before he began to merge the latter two, getting the young boy interested in steamwork, engineering and the world's emerging technologies. In retrospect, Jona bears a sort of heartfelt respect for his father.

This loving relationship couldn't last, as Jona's father was eventually evicted and taken away for being unable to properly pay for his housing and livelihood. Jona was left with but one item: his father's magnum opus, a Relic of his own invention otherwise dismissable as a disjointed engine. It was a machine enfused with a Flame Gem, capable of ejecting explosive bolts of fire like a personal cannon. With this, Jona would take his fate into his own hands, working odd jobs as an Engineer and a Mercenary; eventually, the young man would find himself aboard the Airship.

Task: Engineer / Weapons Expert
Class: Gunner
Main Weapon Type: Gem Relic Firearm

Abilities: Engineering [Lvl.3], Gem Usage [Lvl.1], Hand-to-Hand Combat [Lvl.1]
Gems: Flame Gem, Light Gem
Bag: Personal Toolkit, Maple Leaf Crest

Personality: A fiery, free-spirited extrovert who always finds a way to keep going. Doesn't like to be held down by faults, though failures can sometimes hit him deceptively hard. He uses his outgoing nature to mask a level of cleverness to his decisions and observations. When he gets friendships going, he can turn out to be a rather reliable and empathetic being.

Fears: Swarms of Insects, Being a Nobody, being unable to see his father again
Strengths: Strong-Willed, Clever, Optimistic
Weaknesses: Overconfidence, Dependence on his Relic, Lack of Skill otherwise

Special Qualities: He seems to have a sort of minor natural talent with technology, perhaps influenced by his upbringing and his possession of a Relic. In a pinch, Jona is also keen on turning most anything he can get his hands on as a bludgeoning weapon, with varying (but predictable) results.

Other: Doesn't actually wear his goggles over his eyes very often. He claims they're uncomfortable and obscuring.

Oh, what a surprise! Accepted!
I will be making the forum post soon, be prepared.

I'll try and reply when I can. Had prom this last weekend so trying to catch up on a lot of things. Homework will have to come first. So I'll hopefully have my character jump in sometime this week.

*face palms* Sorry finals are close and my memory hasn't been great. I'll try and reply soon.

@Enthriper

I remember now. I had a question is a main reason I hadn't posted.
So are our characters one of the mercenaries? Or are we just your lucky random crew volunteers?

Then I'll have an idea of what to post. And post.

So much studying in Chemistry. SO many test before finals to perphar for finals. Man my teachers need to clam down. Though History is Forest Gump at the moment so no complaints there LOL.

@Raven
So each of the characters made by you guys were mercenaries recruited by Henry, but they were the only ones who kinda signed up for it.
That's what that was all about. So it's like, both.

Also, yeah, finals... they suuucckkk

Okay that's what I needed to know :)
I'll post after my computer starts loading faster again.

Exams nearing as well, but I'll see how I can cook something up.

EkkoKid_0.jpg

Name: Darun
Bio: Never knowing his parents, Darun grew up in an orphanage along with a gang of other boys. Growing up with them they became his surrogate brothers. They ran a gang of sorts in their small town, with one being the definitive leader, Talen. Once they were old enough they left their orphanage, and went looking for opportunities in a neighboring city. For a while no one would accept them as workers, or apprentices. Until Talen found out about an underground fighting ring. They paid the fighters top coin, so Darun, and Talen being the best fighters of the group signed up. It was hard at first, but with each victory they got better and better, and made more money. Before they knew it they were living comfortable lives. That is until a rigged match took it all away. Talen's opponent had hidden a knife and stabbed him. Before Darun even knew what had happened, his brother was dead. Angry, and seeing no other option, he found Talen's killer and beat him until he died. The local law enforcement caught wind of what happened, and in no time Darun was a wanted fugitive in that city. Packing up only what he could carry, he left. But not before giving the rest of his brothers the gold from the fight. During his travels he heard of an airship hiring a crew. With no better choice, he headed there, maybe he could do something good with his life.

Task: Takes care of most of the heavy lifting, but tries to help the crew out where he can

Class: Brawler
Main Weapon Type: Steel knuckled leather gloves
Abilities
Hand to Hand - Great
Endurance - Great
Knife Wielding - Poor
Name Calling - The Greatest
Gems: None
Bag: Fancy knife he found, a really smooth rock, and chocolate
Personality: Fun loving and carefree, he lives for thrills. And one of the greatest thrills for him is a good fight. Along with his love of fighting, he is known to constantly taunt his opponents. Getting inside an opponents head during a fight, is just fun to him, and he can't help it. His mouth tends to get away from him, even outside of fights. If he's not careful saying whatever comes to mind, whether it be a rude thought, or a flirtatious joke.
Fears: The Ocean, lakes, rivers, anything involving bodies of water deeper than a bathtub. And is a little terrified of gem users.
Strengths: Extremely resilient to pain, Agile, And can punch . . . really good
Weaknesses: Panic's whenever allies are hurt, doesn't know how to use gems, easily drunk
Special Qualities: Darun having formal training in fighting is a master of his own impromptu fighting style. Being able to use almost anything to his advantage during a fight.
Other: Is an avid fan of alcohol

(If it's not too late)

Last edited:
EkkoKid_0.jpg

Name: Darun
Bio: Never knowing his parents, Darun grew up in an orphanage along with a gang of other boys. Growing up with them they became his surrogate brothers. They ran a gang of sorts in their small town, with one being the definitive leader, Talen. Once they were old enough they left their orphanage, and went looking for opportunities in a neighboring city. For a while no one would accept them as workers, or apprentices. Until Talen found out about an underground fighting ring. They paid the fighters top coin, so Darun, and Talen being the best fighters of the group signed up. It was hard at first, but with each victory they got better and better, and made more money. Before they knew it they were living comfortable lives. That is until a rigged match took it all away. Talen's opponent had hidden a knife and stabbed him. Before Darun even knew what had happened, his brother was dead. Angry, and seeing no other option, he found Talen's killer and beat him until he died. The local law enforcement caught wind of what happened, and in no time Darun was a wanted fugitive in that city. Packing up only what he could carry, he left. But not before giving the rest of his brothers the gold from the fight. During his travels he heard of an airship hiring a crew. With no better choice, he headed there, maybe he could do something good with his life.

Task: Takes care of most of the heavy lifting, but tries to help the crew out where he can

Class: Brawler
Main Weapon Type: Steel knuckled leather gloves
Abilities
Hand to Hand - Great
Endurance - Great
Knife Wielding - Poor
Name Calling - The Greatest
Gems: None
Bag: Fancy knife he found, a really smooth rock, and chocolate
Personality: Fun loving and carefree, he lives for thrills. And one of the greatest thrills for him is a good fight. Along with his love of fighting, he is known to constantly
Fears: The Ocean, lakes, rivers, anything involving bodies of water deeper than a bathtub. And is a little terrified of gem users.
Strengths: Extremely resilient to pain, Agile, And can punch . . . really good
Weaknesses: Panic's whenever allies are hurt, doesn't know how to use gems, easily drunk
Special Qualities: Darun having formal training in fighting is a master of his own impromptu fighting style. Being able to use almost anything to his advantage during a fight.
Other: Is an avid fan of alcohol

(If it's not too late)

Accepted! You're just in time, the actual RP is starting as we speak.

@Crow waiting on a post from you, not to rush or anything, but I can't really do anything until you post your character's intro.

@Crow waiting on a post from you, not to rush or anything, but I can't really do anything until you post your character's intro.

I'll try my best to post by the weekends. Exam periods are real busy periods.

I apologies @Crow I'm going to have to awkwardly move on with the RP without your post, (unless you can post something really quickly)
I just don't want to have the RP get put into the graveyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.