The Aire Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corrie batted his hand away with a scowl. Before she could say anything, however, the scream resounded around them. She jumped to her feet immediately. No matter how many times she heard similar screams, they never stopped sending a stab of pain through her body. They sounded close, this time, and she wondered how crazy it would be to go check it out. Would it be less crazy with two people? "Ford, you owe me one. Come check that out with me."

He looked at her like she was an idiot. "You've gotta be shitting me. What if it was a Mangler? Your puny knife won't help, and I don't have the ammo to take one down. Even if I did, there might be more." He opened the door and looked outside. "Could be a trap as well..."

Spirit could hear the footsteps hearing his room now, so he figured it was time to bail. There was no one coming for him... He was still alone, in a way.

He ran to his bed and grabbed his small bag of necessities. With no hesitation, he tossed them out of the window, beginning to exit right after. He grabbed onto the wood of the sill and slipped through with ease, stopping when he found himself sitting on the edge of the window, his feet dangling beneath him. He whimpered again.

Corrie huffed loudly, crossing over to one of the bags and pulling out a gun. She slipped it into her waistband and turned back to Ford, her fists clenched. "You said yourself that you're alone. You have no one to watch out for you. I'm going to guess that that person doesn't either, and I'm going to help them. Now you can join me and raise the chances of everyone surviving, or you can continue on alone."

"...God dammit. I'm gonna regret this. C'mon." He ran out the door and quickly checked the area. "Keep your eyes peeled." He ran and leaned against a building, and peeked around the corner to see a person dangling. "You can't be serious. Did this idiot fall out the window?!"

Corrie didn't much like taking orders, but since they were running on a time limit she didn't question him. She peered around him, and when no manglers were visible, stepped out from the wall slightly to get a better look. "My bet's on running away from something." She replied quietly, her fingers twitching to get moving. "I don't know what the hell he thinks someone could do to help him when he's hanging from a window, though."

Spirit prepared to jump out of the window and land on his feet, but another person's voice caught his eye. He lost balance, and titled to the side as he fell from the 3rd story window. He didn't scream, he didn't flail, he just fell, staring at the person as if he'd never seen one before.

Thud. He landed on the grass of the hotel's courtyard. Nothing broke, thankfully, but he was still hurt from the fall, and he was trembling in pure terror.

"Hey now...Looks like he dropped his stuff...Well he's alost cause, might as well help ourselves." He smiled and started towards the bag. He was chuckling.

Corrie couldn't help it. No matter how hard she could make herself seem, no matter how many people she saw killed or worse- she couldn't help taking off at a sprint towards where the boy had landed. She slid to a stop in front of him, her eyes scanning the area around her for any dangers before focusing on him. "He's alive!" She called to Ford, her gaze stuck on the boy. "Hey, hey. You're alive. Can you move?"

"Whoa, you serious?!" He forgot the bag and ran to them. "Bud...That was one hell of a fall. What were you doing up there?" He looked him up and down.

"Nngh..." Spirit moaned in pain as he nodded. He opened his eyes slowly to look to the two people who had come to his aid. Then, he had realized that he had made contact with... People.

Suddenly, he burst into a scream as he frantically crawled away from them and onto a corner of dead grass. "Ah!" He trembled violently, his dark brown hair falling over his face. Spirit found himself curling into a fetal position and staring at the two with eyes of pure terror.

"Dude! Shut up! You'll attract Manglers!" He looked at Corrie and said "I told you this was a bad idea. He's gonna get us killed!"

Corrie put her hands up, moving back away from the seemingly insane boy and ignored Ford entirely. "We won't hurt you, it's okay. You're okay. I just want to help you." Her voice was quiet, calm- a stark contrast to her earlier harsh and sarcastic tone. She started to inch forward, her hands still raised as if in surrender.

"I'd hurry it up,kid. We got Manglers..." The sounds that any human would shit their pants from came from the window. "They'll be down here soon." He looked at the two then back at the building. "I only got ammo to takeone down, and thats if I aim right."

He covered his mouth with his hand and stared at then still, trembling as hard as before. His screams of fear were muffled now, but it was apparent that he wasn't going to be moved easily.

These were people... The same kind that he was once "one of". They were... Trusting, determined to survive... They were terrifying to him. His eyes found themselves following her hands. "Y-You're the people that came to help me?" Spirit asked quietly as he moved his hand from his mouth; he needed assurance.

"Yeah, but it won't be much if we don't get out of here!"He looked at the guy and said "Don't you wanna live?!"

The man's words caused him to stand up slowly, fear trailing within his motions. He didn't necessarily trust them, but he wasn't willing to meet any more Manglers either. He pointed at his bag, "I... I n-need my bag."

"Screw your bag. We can come back for it later." He kept his gun trained on the door of the building. "I doubt an idiot who jumps out of a window has anything worthwhile in it."

Spirit looked at the ground and walked toward them, his hands clenching the hem of his shirt. "Oh... Okay... I'm ready." He was still shaking, as if he were cold or something; that'd make sense, considering that all he was wearing were old, black, baggy jeans and a torn long-sleeved shirt.

Alex let out a small sigh of relief, there didn't seem to be anyone in here. Slowly he walked over to the bed, sitting on the edge, looking in the opposite direction to the other person, so he didn't know he was hiding there, right next to him. "Guess I got lucky..?" He murmured to himself quietly, sliding his knife away into his pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.