The Aether - Harbour in the Sky

Name: Sortaec Akiev
Appearance:5'7". 140 lbs, and lean. A brown trench coat, white undershirt, and tan pants with a broad black stripe that run up the sides. He keeps two pressure fed pistols at his sides with an air tank strapped to his back. A well worn pair of goggles hangs around his neck, and he occasionally grows out a beard reddish brown beard that matches his hair.. His hair is always a mess and he tromps around in thick heeled boots.

Personality: Eccentric, he despises his crew of steam bots but has also found that they're less expensive than maintaining a real crew and they don't complain. Occasionally talks to inanimate objects due to prolonged absences from being around people.

Ship: Guardian of Paradise

Why are you here?: Docking for extensive airship repairs, possibly looking for work and definitely looking for someone skilled at steam bot behavior modification.

Really interested, should be able to get a CS up by next week ^.^

Awesome posts, people. I think we'll be a good group.

Yes! Okay, everybody hit pause while I scramble to catch up!

It's been the week from hell, but it's finally over so unless I completely drink myself to sleep I'm going to TRY to post tonight!

Name: Adept-Commander Caine Jericus
powered plate armor covering most of his body is hidden under his dark red robes, his face partially reconstructed and powered by the the same large pack that powers his armor (it runs on a mix of steam and motion, steam to start, but the motor running replenishes itself.) a pair of clockwork pistols (magazines of five shot&powder cartridges, clockwork mechanism loads each round and cocks the hammer/flint on firing), basket hilted sword and a book of his designs. Caine also wears a brass facemask over his face, to hide his disfigurement.
Personality: cold and slow to anger, Caine's mind is often focused on all things mechanical, his people skills have suffered somewhat because of this.
Occupation: Repairman/Captain of the Aether's repair dirigible 'Mechanicum'
Ship: Repair Dirigible Mechanicum
Why are you here?: Caine was once a Adept of some renown in the mechanical order of engineers, although his views of human augmentation and other, less savory experiments eventually saw him exiled from the order, and he bought passage to Aether, whereupon his repair expertise and craftsmanship are highly sought after, if one can stand engaging him in conversation of course.

I just want to take a minute to thank everyone for joining! I'm going to make a quick list of the people who are here, to make sure we give everyone a chance to not get too left behind! I know some of us, me included, are more fast-paced and compulsive in our posts than others, so I ask we not get more than 2 posts ahead of everyone, agreed? People tend to drop out if they feel too far behind.

So far we have:

Asmodeus
Cerulean
Glazer
Novapierce
SorAkiev
The Ancient

These are people who are currently active on The Aether. I'll update this as people jump in/out.

Would it be okay for me to join? (Although don't apply the two-post rule to me, please! Just in case work gets really hectic :))

Name: Richard Bright
Appearance: 5'7'' with an average build. His chin-length brown hair is cut unevenly and never stays flat, much to his mother's horror. He had penetrating black eyes that peer through a pair of gold-rimmed spectacles from a ghost-like complexion. He tends to wear an over-sized blue sweater, black trousers tucked into knee-high brown boots and always wears the scarf his brother gave him, no matter what the weather. He carries a small electric pistol, in a harness over his shoulder, and a knife in his boot.
Personality: Friendly, but over-sensitive and defensive. He tends to be quite introverted, but doesn't take well to criticism of his art.
Ship: Is too poor to own a ship, but dreams of having one.
Why are you here?: To search for his brother, James, who vanished five years ago. Richard has been looking for him since he turned 18, while selling poetry to get enough money for food. The trail appears to end in the harbour, so he has high hopes for finding James.

Join away!

and understood :)

Okay, hold on. We need to figure out where everybody is.

Who is in line behind Cerulean, and SorAkiev, who are you talking to?

And Novapierce, is he still talking to Arthur at the end of your post, because wouldn't he know who he is already?

That's where I'm confused. If anybody else isn't sure about anybody else, don't hesitate to ask!

Name: Gregory McFlemming
Appearance: Five foot nine inches tall with a generally stocky build. He looks like a man who knows how to eat, and knows not to get fat. steampunk_sky_pirate_complete_by_frijoleluna-d2xqe7e.jpg
Personality:
Goofy and generally fun to be around. He is easy going and usually obvlivious to whats going on around him.
Occupation: Inventor of Gadgets Weapons and just about anything anyone needs. At least thats what his business card says.
Ship: A small vessel that goes by the odd name of The Jester's Court
Why are you here?: Gregory, or Good Ol'Greg as he is called by some of the people more familiar with him sticks around on the harbor fixing people things and testing new additions to make ships faster or better in anyway. Those who can put up with his antics don't mind him and find him quite helpful in many ways.

You could join as a steam-powered fox-bot.

And Roman is at the front of the queue... metaphorically speaking.

Mmm I could humanize one of my characters I don't mind. Was just wondering if it was purely human x3 or not.

I assume its a post your character and just start rping? Or am I wrong?

Yeah, it's a Jump In, so you can just start whenever. But best check with Cammy if you want to play non-humans.

Name: Jayde

Appearance:
Five foot three inches tall with a lean and slim figure. Her hair is long and brightly colored. Her more distinguishing marks are the subtle burn marks around her eyes which are a faded green due to her being blind. Usually dressed in a long hooded coat, beneath it she wears a pair of pants and a top.
Amber Heard (10).jpg
Personality:
Mostly she's cold, sarcastic with a cynical sense of humor who also take no shit from anyone but if you get past through the outer shell of sheer coldness, you'll find that she's quite loyal and devote to her friends.

Freelance Mercenary/Bounty Hunter.

Ship:
Some ship that she climbed aboard and since she's blind, she didn't really catch the name.

History:
All her life, Jayde has misfortune follow her about. Since the day she was born, she was basically the runt of the family, among her two older sisters. Useless mother, drunkard father.. The whole shebang. She wasn't born blind, but acquired it as a child due to an accident that involved chemicals which was also why her hair was so bright. After her teens she decided that the bullshit was going to halt and since then, she moved in with a friend who was also her mentor. He taught her how to fight and how to use her other senses for her own advantage. Now, in her mid twenties, she's a freelance mercenary but mostly bounty hunter, scouring the land for a good challenge.

Why are you here?: Hearing about a few bounties here and there, she hopped on one of the ships that were headed her direction and decided to check things out for herself. Maybe in her new trip, she'll find some entertainment and challenges that suit her fancy.

Yes, human only this time around, please. I do accept people with pets, however.

Oh, I'm pretty sure Cerulean is at the front of the line, then aki, then SorAkiev (who is talking to me), then me, I AM THE CABOOSE!