The Aether - Harbour in the Sky

Name: William Hope

Appearance:
Standing at 5'9 and weighting in at 230 lbs, William looks very thick in his build. Having enough muscle to do some damage he also sports a bit of a belly. On an average day he wears cap that covers his short brown hair. Will has dirty glasses to cover his bright blue eyes. He wears a pinstripe collared dress shirt with rolled up sleeves with pants to match. His wears comfortable shoes so that he can run if he needs to. His weapons of choice are his mace (which he found and keeps in a pouch on his back.) and his self-made, metal ball firing, sling shot.

Personality: He tends to keep to himself around strangers. Doesn't try to cause trouble, unless it is needed. Pretty smart. Creative. Loyal to those he cares about. All around a good person.

Aspiring musician/artist-Out of work

Ship:
Came in on father's ship, Hope Floats. (However, he was left here, Will is kinda homeless for now.)

Why are you here?:
William was left here, intentionally. His father wants him to see what life can be like without the ship.

(Is this acceptable? I have never rped in the genre before.)

I'd have to get a friend on the site, if I can get him, then I'll use this character.

Addition: gonna have to figure out a different ship engine, curret ship is powered by a bound greater demon

@ rbk: He's quite fine, actually! Just wondering that he has pants to match a dress shirt? Just trying to make sense of that in my head, since you usually match pants to a jacket. But otherwise, he's good to go! We'll learn ya well enough ;)

lol which character you talking about? xD

@cammy: I guess not everyone has great fashion-sense. haha i suppose i could change his pants sometime. either way, i have only been on this site for maybe 3 days, where can i find the thread to starts rping?

My captain, but I need mah engineer since he's usually shitfaced, someone will have to translate all the drunken slurring.

My captain, but I need mah engineer since he's usually shitfaced, someone will have to translate all the drunken slurring.

Good thing my character is irish. =D

Captain is a viking, but inebreation is it's own language, this has been a fact as long as there's been alcohol

if it was DnD inebriation would be the 2nd most spoken language besides, common. that is for sure. xD

LOL @ Ragnar! Well, you go ahead and do what you have to do.

@ rbk, there's a link at the top of the first post of this thread, but more specifically if you go to the Iwaku main page, you'll see a forum in big green letters that says "Jump In Roleplays". The RP thread title is "High Upon the Aether".

LOL @ Ragnar! Well, you go ahead and do what you have to do.

@ rbk, there's a link at the top of the first post of this thread, but more specifically if you go to the Iwaku main page, you'll see a forum in big green letters that says "Jump In Roleplays". The RP thread title is "High Upon the Aether".

sounds good to me =) on my way there now.

Aether means space. High up in space?

You're getting closer! Aether has another, more earthly connotation. :D

Spaaaaacccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccceee. Space-Space-Space. Going to space.......Are we in space yet? SPAACCCCCEEEEEE!

Is it a naughty drugs reference?

Not a naughty drug, a legal one: ether!

It was used recreationally by medical students, the same way LSD was used, but it never really caught on. Anyway, this was in the same (Victorian) era.

Are ya still accepting characters? If so, here ya go:

Name: Captain Robert Spaulding

Appearance: Captain Spaulding carries a flint-lock pistol and a sword, so beaten and dull as to not be particularly deadly. He wears a worn officers uniform, styled similarly to a English naval officers.

LarryLinville.jpg

Personality: His personality is very much situational. After his many defeats and setbacks, he can be very morose. Inexplicably yet without fail, he always ends up back on his feet, to a degree. Ordinarily, Captain Spaulding is a chipper, optimistic individual. He carries himself proudly, and he has a reputation for recklessness and ill-fortune.

Occupation: Captain Spaulding is a privateer taking odd jobs to sustain himself.

Ship: Captain Spaulding owns his own airship, TITANIC. The name was borne out of irony; the ship in question is slow, in ill repair, and most notably, SMALL. The Captain swears by his vessel however. She can be operated by one man, and, through all of his misadventures even, she has never "sunk".

Why are you here?: Captain Spaulding is between jobs. The last one didn't go so well, but he still managed to come away with enough gold to drink himself silly, with maybe enough left over to patch that hole in Titanic...

I see what you did there! ;)

Welcome to the Aether! This is quickly becoming a slapstick, which pleases me greatly...

Name: Uunia De'Hiron
Appearance: Standing at 5' 11", 160 pounds, Uunia is a young man from the desert area with a light body build with brown sun kissed skin that is oddly void of any really bad marks or blimeshes save a fine scar on the bridge of his nose. He has short gray/white hair that reaches slightly over his yellow eyes and barely touches the back of his collar. He wears foriegn style suite with black cloth material gold/bronze detail on his cuffs and matching pants. His cloths are very loose and offer a very wide range of motion. on his feet are a pare of black boots with bronze tips, good for style and for breaking shins. On his arm is a device that allows a hidden claw to go over his right hand should he have to fight as well as a small double shot pistol in his inner suit pocket.

Personality:
To say he's cocky would be an understatement. He has an air of pride around him and looks as if he should own himself quite a few ships. He tends flaunt his power and wealth when he can but when it comes to business, he's ruthless. Having been known to gun down or dice up any one that would cross him, he tends to get what he wants, one way or another

Weapons, metal, and arms dealer

Ship:
The Maharajah

Why are you here?:
Like any other business man, he saw the large airship harbor as a gold mine waiting to be plundered. He came as a young teen to get into his uncle's business and did rather well in learning about the trade. However, his uncle was not in good health and soon died after showing Uunia the major in and outs of arms dealing. He now resides in his Uncle's small estate just a few kilometers away from The Aether harbor.