The Adventures of Seloh, A Pokemon Tale IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Michello Francis, Orange, Solid"]

Michello found himself smiling at the sound of Rory, recognising him from the last-year’s challenge. It was the first time that he’d actually been recognised today, and it left him with a sudden revitalising spring to his step. “Andre’s doing fine; I’ve got the big lug with me actually. No, the reason I am here is for business. I was discussing with a couple of…

Before he could explain his intent, and why he’d travelled to Bardney City, Michello heard the scream in the city. He looked over at Rory, the smile gone and the eyes wide. “Shit, someone’s in trouble.” Not waiting for Rory to follow him, Michello quickly moved into a sprint as he ran towards the epicentre of the scream.

It didn’t take him too long to reach the carnage of the battle, and as he arrived; slightly huffed out from the sudden sprint across the city. In the middle of the group, he saw the young Psychic gym leader, and the Champion, Everlyn. What he failed to notice was the suited man, running away from the battle.

Michello pushed himself through the crowd; which thinned a bit as it surrounded Everlyn in desperation and obvious thirst. He made his way to the two women, his peer and his boss. “Good job on the battle, Tori. I can only assume you trounced his as-He stopped himself from speaking anymore, remembering that Tori was barely old enough to hear cussing. The teddy bear served to remind him though. “-his butt. Trounced his butt.” He cleared his throat, offering a goofy lopsided smile as the two women moved on; assumedly heading for a Pokémon centre.

Following after the pair, he didn’t say much until Everlyn leaned against a tree. The dull hustle and bustle of the city was a stark contrast to the chaos from a moment before. He looked over to the red head and sighed heavily, still standing up. “So did we get any more hints about Team Power? I heard about the attacks this morning. We gotta be able to do something about these bastards, right?

D98oMOy.png

[spoili]Tagging: @DapperDogman, @F0X, @Ruby.[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Michello found himself smiling at the sound of Rory, recognising him from the last-year’s challenge. It was the first time that he’d actually been recognised today, and it left him with a sudden revitalising spring to his step. “Andre’s doing fine; I’ve got the big lug with me actually. No, the reason I am here is for business. I was discussing with a couple of…

Before he could explain his intent, and why he’d travelled to Bardney City, Michello heard the scream in the city. He looked over at Rory, the smile gone and the eyes wide. “Shit, someone’s in trouble.” Not waiting for Rory to follow him, Michello quickly moved into a sprint as he ran towards the epicentre of the scream.

It didn’t take him too long to reach the carnage of the battle, and as he arrived; slightly huffed out from the sudden sprint across the city. In the middle of the group, he saw the young Psychic gym leader, and the Champion, Everlyn. What he failed to notice was the suited man, running away from the battle.

Michello pushed himself through the crowd; which thinned a bit as it surrounded Everlyn in desperation and obvious thirst. He made his way to the two women, his peer and his boss. “Good job on the battle, Tori. I can only assume you trounced his as-He stopped himself from speaking anymore, remembering that Tori was barely old enough to hear cussing. The teddy bear served to remind him though. “-his butt. Trounced his butt.” He cleared his throat, offering a goofy lopsided smile as the two women moved on; assumedly heading for a Pokémon centre.

Following after the pair, he didn’t say much until Everlyn leaned against a tree. The dull hustle and bustle of the city was a stark contrast to the chaos from a moment before. He looked over to the red head and sighed heavily, still standing up. “So did we get any more hints about Team Power? I heard about the attacks this morning. We gotta be able to do something about these bastards, right?

D98oMOy.png

[spoili]Tagging: @DapperDogman, @F0X, @Ruby.[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]
"They attacked someone in the city so openly? And a gym leader nonetheless?" he murmurs aloud, his face one of complete shock "Here...In Bardney..." he quickly reached into his pouch and tossed out the ball containing his faithful Aerodactyl "Check the skies for a moment, tell me if you spot any more of those trouble makers...We can't allow this to happen again" He rubs his temples slowly as he looks between the three of them "I just wish my good old Regirock wasn't so scared to come here...I figured a golem with no real sense of emotion like him wouldn't be able to feel the fear induced by the island...it seems he wasn't quite as autonomous as I'd assumed"

He approached the Psychic gym leader and extended a hand slowly "Good work beating that guy, your team looks like they could use some R&R, what do you guys say we head for my gym, and talk there? It's private, and Tori's team can get their rest there" he made sure to keep his voice low enough that anyone trying to listen in wouldn't be able to easily decipher his identity as the gym leader. If team power knew who he was, then he'd be subject to attacks just like Tori was. The thought sent a pang of worry through him. A mono type team, even as strong as his own, was often faced with trouble when up against teams with a diverse range of members

trainercard-result

@F0X @LimeyPanda @Ruby

The studio, or at least the entrance, looked nicely enough. Thankfully to him, the person seemingly running the place, or at least assisting in doing so, heard and answered him. He hadn’t really thought of that they might have had a walk-in policy. He considered it for a moment, before abruptly remembering the gym battle.

A mere few days ago, he battled with a trainer. Just the regular stuff, until he suddenly realized he had an appointment at the time. While not exactly in line with the rules for being a gym leader, he cancelled the match, and left early. He still felt sorry for it to this day, though thankfully remembered to schedule another battle with the trainer whenever he had a day off. Which, as he thought about it, probably was today.

Jerking his head up in surprise, not taking too much notice of the studio owner’s eerie appearance, he pulled up a note, then scribbled down a date, time, and a name - his own. “A reservation, please. Sorry, I’d have to leave in such a hurry, but I got to return to my gym.” Turning yet again on his heels, he sped out the studio and down the road towards the ice-laced building he called his workplace.

Indeed, there was someone outside the gym, sitting together with two Pokémon, assumably their own. Although, to Zachariah’s surprise, it wasn’t the trainer he faced the other day. It was a woman, one he felt he had seen before somewhere. Though he was terrible with names, so approaching her, all he said was “Hello! I’m Zachariah, can I help you?” with his commonplace smile.

@Clyde @Yatagarasu
[fieldbox="Liliana Florence, magenta, solid"]
Lily quickly tilted her head upwards and met the gaze of Zachariah. "Oh hey Zach," Lily recalled her Pokemons and then stood up from the spot she was sitting at. "I didn't expect you to be back so early. I just wanted to discuss with you some matters about the whole Team Power fiasco. Is it okay if we can discuss it inside?"

Afterwards, when she was allowed to enter the gym, Lily was immediately greeted with a blast of freezing air, sending her chills down her spine in quite a literal fashion. "Jeez," Lily commented as she looked around her bluey surroundings as she walked further inside the gym, "I know this is an ice gym, but don't you think it's overkill to have the air con on full blast?"

"Anyway onto business." Lily shook her head, while rubbing her arms trying to keep every ounce of warmth inside her. "About the Team Power business. Hopefully, you've heard on the news about how crazy everything's going right? Team Power is becoming more and more aggressive with their attacks and kidnapping of Pokemons not just here in Anson city, but also in cities such as Chalgrove and all. I visited Professor Willow and Michello today as well and we all decided that we should get all the Gym Leaders on board to stop Team Power. After all, they're in a whole different league in terms of skill and strength. A typical trainer won't even be able to defeat a grunt."

Lily stared at the ground, pursing her lips as she finished what she had to say. "It's gonna take up some of your free time I guess." She continued, looking back into Zachariah's eyes. "But it's for the good of the whole country of Seloh."

"You in?"
image-png.107687

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword

[/fieldbox]

caFzFcX.png

Upon leaving the pokemon center Tori was once more stopped. Though this time it was by someone she knew, it seemed almost impossible to return to the sanctity of her gym without interruption. "Hey! Great job showing that Team Power Goon what's up! I'm glad you're okay though.. I know that Team Power can be really hostile. I guess we're lucky he didn't have additional backup. Did.. You happen to get a look to where he was going? If we had more information it might help me track them down... I swear I long for the day I can just crush whoever is in charge of Team Power under my boot!" Tori waited for a chance to say something, not wanting to interrupt the champion. As soon as she was finished, tori held out the note that her attacker had dropped. "Meowstic found this after he left...." Tori hadn't really noticed the crowd around her, until it was pointed out by Eve, though luckily by then most of it had turned it's attention towards her wanting the champions autograph.
Things however seemed to continue to go wrong for the psychic gym leader, as once they moved to a more secluded tree, two more people showed up. While it was true that she knew the other gym leaders, it really didn't help when so many were around at a time. Quickly placing herself behind Eve, she stared at Rory and Michello, silently wishing they would divert their full attention to her instead.

@F0X @LimeyPanda @DapperDogman

[fieldbox="Jett Winston, Navy, Solid"]
eqjPQr1.png

Jett Winston sat down at his desk at the end of his Elite Four "gym" as it were. He never quite understood the point of all those puzzles that his predecessors had put into the place. However, there was a stipulation that he had to use them, something about "making the challengers feel welcome" or some such nonsense. No matter, if the league told him he had to have a few puzzles revolving around, say, buttons and fans, arguing would get him nowhere. At it would happen, there were predicted to be about three people challenging him today, so that meant he would have to sit here for probably the next three hours waiting for them to come and then stomping them into the ground.

At least the stomping was good relaxation, he supposed.

As if on cue, he felt a rush of wind, as a trainer was blown onto a wall just in front of him. The trainer was knocked out for a brief moment, but then he got up and said "All right buddy, round 3, let's go!" Jett sighed, he had seen this trainer before, and both times he had gone down without Jett so much as breaking a sweat. Then the Elite Four said "You better have honed your skills since last time, from your last performance your skills are as dull as a butter knife." The trainer, named Lex, replied "Oh yeah? Well just wait until you see this!"

The battle then began, Jett having sent out his Aerodactyl to Taunt and get Stealth Rocks up, while Lex responded with his signature Mega Aggron. A quick Taunt, but then Lex ordered a Heavy Slam, which took Aerodactyl nearly down. Aerodactyl was only able to get in a Stealth Rock before he went down. That was all Jett needed though, as he sent out his Charizard to deal with the pesky Aggron. Lex, having experience from last time that this was a Charizard Y that could take out his Aggron with one or two shots, switched out to his Azumarill, but Jett was one step ahead, and put in Togekiss. The battle then ended almost as swiftly as it had started, as Togekiss was able to secure a Nasty Plot boost that, when passed to Charizard Y, made sweeping Lex's team ridiculously easy. In fact, Jett noticed that the only change Lex had done to his team was add a Starmie in place of his Lilligant, and not a very well trained one at that.

"NOOOOOOO!" Lex screamed. Cleaning out his ears from the noise, Jett then responded "Ugh, what a pain. Fine fine, come back tomorrow. Maybe by then you'll have improved enough for me not to make as much of a mockery of you." Lex, frowning, said "Nah, I can't come by tomorrow. My little sister got her mega stone stolen by those Team Power thugs, so I have to help her with getting a new stone. The fiends! I hope the Champion and the league squashes them soon!" Lex then calmed down a little, trying to make a smile "The day after maybe?" Jett said "That would be fine. I don't know what you're expecting the League to do though. Everlyn in particular has been obsessed with them, but the fact is it's not our job to police the region. Maybe if the actual police did their jobs there wouldn't be such an epidemic now would there?" Jett paused, before laughing a bit "Sorry, I'm ranting again aren't I? Now run along, I've got two more challengers..."

Lex interrupted him with "Hold on, I invoke the rematch clause!"

Jett sighed again, then said "Fine, let's go again." This was going to be a long day.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Maxim Winston, Orange, Solid"]
J8coj7p.png

Another day, another trek up the mountains. Maxim enjoyed being out here, the breeze was cool, but not so cold the water around froze, and the sun just made it a very pleasant place to be. Rather ironic that the place was called Gallow Ridge all things considered. It was an interesting job at least, he was a doctor by trade, and worked with the Pokemon Center in Anson to provide healing to teams training and battling in Gallow Ridge. Every Pokemon he healed, the Center would give him a small wad of cash (from the government coffers, you see...). It was a less well paying job than one would think, given the effort required, but Maxim did not mind, so long as he could help trainers and their Pokemon navigate this crazy place.

Soon enough, he reached his usual point, a natural, stable alcove from which he could find shade, and that was accessible to the major trainer routes to be accessible. He put down his backpack, and took out a small, foldable desk and chair setup, and started applying his trade. Of course, he decided that he would battle the trainers along the route if he had not seen them before, it's only proper trainer etiquette after all! Almost as soon as he was done with his usual setup, he saw a new trainer. "Hello there traveler! What is your name?" The reply came back "Travis." Maxim smiled and said "All right, if you beat me in a battle, I'll heal your Pokemon. What do you say?" The trainer nodded in agreement, and the battle started. To save on supplies and get through battles faster, Maxim only used his Rhyperior and his Dragonite to challenge trainers, and in short order his team was defeated.

"Ah, good battle trainer. Now then, let's see to those Pokemon!" Maxim said, beckoning Travis to the inside of the alcove so he could have a good look at the Pokemon. It seemed to be a typical team for one challenging Seloh's gyms, but one thing caught his attention. One of Travis's Pokemon, a Flareon, was poisoned, which was rather unusual since there were not any wild Pokemon capable of causing poison up here. While he applied the Antidote, Maxim asked "So where did your Flareon get Poisoned? Nothing up here that can cause it unless you fought in a trainer battle." Travis responded "Yeah, about that, some nuts belonging to a 'Team Power' demanded my Mega Stone, so I beat them back, but Flareon got nicked by one of them Toxic Spikes. I would have gone back to Anson, but I heard there was a doctor up here." Maxim said "Team Power? You're lucky, around here they're pretty difficult to beat. Did you catch a glimpse of where he went?" Travis said "No, I tried to catch him for the reward money, but he got on a scooter...airship...device? Yeah he got away."

After some time and small talk with the trainer, Maxim said "All right, all better. You take care out there!" Travis gave his thanks, and headed further up the Gallow Ridge. Maxim then said "Man...another Team Power attack. I've gotta do something about that..."
[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
83kUdiL.png

Everlyn Voronis, Champion of Seloh

Seeing Tori come behind her reminded her just how shy she was around others. She really hoped that she didn't overwhelm her, but she could only assume that everyone coming up to talk to her all at once was a bit much. She let out a small sigh, looking to the gym leaders who rushed over, glad to see that everyone was ready to help. She looked to Michello and Rory and said, "Boys, boys.. Don't crowd the poor girl. Now, Tori, let me have a look at this note." The Champion started to read it over quickly, seeing that they were planning to meet in the mountains to catch some Tyranitar. It made sense, they were such powerful Pokemon. Her first thought was to head up there and take them on herself, maybe with the help of the Gym Leaders... No... It was too risky. She had no idea how many people were involved in Team Power, and with that goon getting away, they'd have a head start to warn them about them coming. No, they needed to be ready for the next attack, whenever that might be.

"Alright guys, Team Power is meeting in the Gallow Ridge. They are looking to get Powerful pokemon Like Tyranitar, and likely some other durable rock, ice, and dragon types that live up there. We need to be ready for when they attack next. As much as I'd love to go up there and destroy them all myself, I can't risk us taking them on when we don't know how many they have there... There's just too many unknowns about the situation. Instead, what we need is to make sure we are all training, all ready and prepared for the next attack that could happen. I would guess that they would likely be heading to Chalgrove since that is the closest city to Gallow Ridge. I am going to head back home, start planning. Please, spread the word, if anyone wants to come to my home for refuge, training, or planning against Team Power... Don't hesitate. I have 8 guest bedrooms, my own Arena... I have everything anyone would ever need. Just tell Slowking that you're a Gym Leader, and he'll show you around. I even have my own Pokemon Center staffed by a pair of Blissy and a very capable Medicham. I am going back home to try and do some research myself. I hope to see you all soon. Also, if you don't have my number, its on the back of everyone's trainer cards. I had them digitally altered with the last issues that were handed out. Please, text me if you need something quick."

The Champion let out a deep breath, tossing out her Pokeball that had Salamance in it once more. She looked to all her friends, whom she called friends at least, then gave them a warm smile. She hopped up onto Salamance, and within a few moments she was in the sky once more. She gave her Salamance lots of scratches, realizing that she had been riding her all around Seloh all day. She needed to go home and think about what she was going to do next, figure out her next plan of attack. She hopped off Salamance once she got home after the long flight, letting Salamance roam around her mansion which usually meant that she was going to perch on her roof and rest. Everlyn headed inside, flopping on the couch and looked up to the ceiling, letting out a deep breath as she tried to figure out what she would do next.
Fox.png

[spoili] @Ruby. @DapperDogman @Sen @Opal @Mahariel @LimeyPanda [/spoili]
OOC and Signups Found here!

[fieldbox="Liliana Florence, magenta, solid"]
Lily quickly tilted her head upwards and met the gaze of Zachariah. "Oh hey Zach," Lily recalled her Pokemons and then stood up from the spot she was sitting at. "I didn't expect you to be back so early. I just wanted to discuss with you some matters about the whole Team Power fiasco. Is it okay if we can discuss it inside?"

Afterwards, when she was allowed to enter the gym, Lily was immediately greeted with a blast of freezing air, sending her chills down her spine in quite a literal fashion. "Jeez," Lily commented as she looked around her bluey surroundings as she walked further inside the gym, "I know this is an ice gym, but don't you think it's overkill to have the air con on full blast?"

"Anyway onto business." Lily shook her head, while rubbing her arms trying to keep every ounce of warmth inside her. "About the Team Power business. Hopefully, you've heard on the news about how crazy everything's going right? Team Power is becoming more and more aggressive with their attacks and kidnapping of Pokemons not just here in Anson city, but also in cities such as Chalgrove and all. I visited Professor Willow and Michello today as well and we all decided that we should get all the Gym Leaders on board to stop Team Power. After all, they're in a whole different league in terms of skill and strength. A typical trainer won't even be able to defeat a grunt."

Lily stared at the ground, pursing her lips as she finished what she had to say. "It's gonna take up some of your free time I guess." She continued, looking back into Zachariah's eyes. "But it's for the good of the whole country of Seloh."

"You in?"
image-png.107687

@IntrusivePenDesperateSword

[/fieldbox]
Zachariah, still unsure about the girl’s name, went forward and assumed she was a fellow gym leader, though being as secluded as he was, he had few ways of telling if she really was one. “Uh, yeah, sure,” he answered her, unlocking the doors to his gym. He still hadn’t gotten over that this was his own, official gym. It sure was something else than that cave under a glacier.

Being met inside with his faithful breath of cold air, Zachariah let out a relieved sigh, closing his eyes and enjoying the far more delightful temperature. At the girl’s complaint, however, he shot her a faint frown, explaining his reason for the temperature. “I like it colder. Logically, considering I’ve been living on a mountain for a year or so before coming to Seloh. Besides, it sets the atmosphere for the gym.”

He shrugged it off, then turned to listening intently to her speech about fighting Team Power. That they had been stealing from all over the region he was aware, but their mentioned power compared to the regular trainer? “They… sure sound strong. I wouldn’t mind joining the other trainers and the Elite Four, I just…” Zachariah hestitated, rubbing the floor with his shoe. “I don’t know how much help I’ll be.” His expression somewhat saddened, he attempted avoiding eye contact. He wasn’t particularly confident in his own power as a gym leader, clearly showing.

“But, I suppose, any help is good. Do we gather up somewhere, and are any trainers not affiliated with the Pokémon League in with it too?”

3YdUQ4V.png

@Yatagarasu

She held onto Freya's waist, burying her face into her mothers back. They flew through the strong gusts of wind on Braviary's back as they made their way to some unknown location. Freya told Ari it was going to be a surprise, something that had to do with a few gifts. Even though her mother had made it seem like they were more like something of a necessity, Ari still couldn't contain her excitement. For as long as she'd been with Freya, her mother wasn't one to do something out of the ordinary like this. Freya was a very by the books type of person, or so she assumed.

As the wind died down and the sun no longer shined in her eyes, Ari looked over Freya's shoulder and spotted them descending upon some sort of mansion. Whoever lived their must be some kind of rich, she thought. The two of them dismounted and Freya contained her pokemon inside of its pokeball.

"Try and be on your best behavior..."

"You don't have to tell me twice, whoever owns this must be loaded!" Ari said as they started walking up to the mansion's entrance. "Wait... Since when did you have rich friends... Since when did you have friends?!"

Freya grabbed Ari's ear and gave it a good tug, seeming less than amused. "Not funny."

"Ow ow owch! Ok ok!" Ari said, holding her ear after her mother finally freed her.

"Remember, behave and be nice." Freya said one final time before knocking on the mansion door.

838nXnq.png

EDRGeZ2.png

@F0X

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: F0X
The girl didn't seem to have that much respect for others, it always shocked Targen how people so bad at getting along could get so ahead in Pokemon Battling, a team sport. Though in this girls case, that lack of respect also came with a lack of knowledge, which Targen took advantage of when he replied "Don't we now? And I suppose it isn't the Gym Leaders and Elite four trusted with pokemon events? It isn't them who are trusted to deal with criminal syndicates when they begin to grow beyond Law Enforcements skills? It isn't them who judge, measure and test rash trainers trying to make a name for themselves?". Though her ego soon took another jump as she seemed to assume everyone around her simply wanted to fawn over her with questions, an opinion Targen smirked at before retorting "I have no questions. I just figured I should warn a new Trainer how to handle things. This being such a new and tough area that relies on teamwork to survive".

trainercard-result

@LimeyPanda @Ixidor92

[fieldbox="Nina Smith, Purple, Solid"]

Nina listened to the two, rolling her eyes when Gold talked strong to Targen and openly scoffing when Targen gave his spiel about the supposed power of the Gym Leaders. “News flash, I’m not completing in an event; I don’t want a name for myself, or the approval of some hyped up idiots; and as far as I remember, the last 6 catastrophes caused by criminal syndicates in other regions were dealt with by random trainers, not the Gym Leaders. In fact, it was one of your precious Gym Leaders who was running the show in Kanto.” She said, glaring into Targen’s eyes with an unapologetic lack of respect. He’d probably recognise the glare as someone who was completely dismissive of him. It wasn’t just a lack of respect, it was a complete lack of trust in the entire Gym Leader system. She didn’t just think he wasn’t worthy of respect, she thought he deserved less, due to his status.

As for you; they were members of Team Power, they were weaklings, and they got in my way. That’s all the information I need.” She huffed a bored sounding sigh as she looked at her phone. She was impatiently hoping for a response, or for her Pokémon to be healed. Anything to distract her from this frankly frivolous conversation.

9QNktJN.png

[spoili]Tagging: @Gwazi Magnum, @Ixidor92[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Zfv4z6Q.png

Everlyn heard the doorbell, and she blinked a few times, looking up at the ceiling as she thought, Huh... I didn't think anyone would want to come this soon. She rose up, heading to the front door to see who was at the door, and she blushed deeply. Of all people she most certainly wasn't expecting to see Freya and Ari! She blushed deeply, quickly running away from the door so that they wouldn't have to wait long, heading into a very special room of hers. She took off her White and Black collar and instead put on her Red and Black collar. She ran her fingers over it, letting out a deep breath nodding slowly and then quickly headed back to the door, opened it and greeted the ladies with a big smile.

"Freya! Ari! Its so wonderful to have you!" She walked up to both of them, her strong athletic arms wrapping tightly around Freya, their breasts pressing together rather firmly. She then moved to Ari, giving her the same warm embrace, rubbing her face against Ari's head just a bit. "Come in!! Gosh I have had such a day." She walked into the house, letting them both in and shut the door behind them. Slowking was already standing before them upon hearing they had company, offering glasses of tea for each of the ladies. "Thank you Slowking~" She said with a smile.

She lead them into her large living room and sat down on the couch, motioning for both of them to do the same. She smiled, looking between them and asked, "Well, like I said, its great to have company. Team Power has really been driving me up the wall. I hate to talk about them but they attacked Toir, the Psychic Gym Leader in broad daylight! I couldn't believe it! UGH! Those guys make me so mad... I swear once I find out more about them I am going to let Salamance sink her teeth into them and rip them apart." She clenched her hand into a tight fist, letting out a deep breath and then took a long drink of her tea. She then looked to the two women, smiling to the and let out a nervous breath. "Sorry.. They have just been getting on my nerves lately... So, what about you two? What brings you all the way up here to visit me?" She smirked, looking to Freya with a small blush, taking another drink of her tea to hide it as she looked to Ari and smiled.

Fox.png

[spoili] @GlassTrinity [/spoili]

Michello frowned at Tori’s passivity. He wasn’t really good with dealing with people like her, the shy types always seemed to think he was a bit of a jackass and while they probably weren’t wrong, he liked to think otherwise. After a moment, he shrugged it away though. If she didn’t want attention, she wouldn’t force it on her.

He turned to Everlyn instead, who extended a suggestion of passivity, and recommended training and preparation, instead of chasing down Team Power. He found himself slightly angry at the suggestion, even if it made a lot of sense. Were they really going to let those bastards go after other Pokémon while they all trained and stayed on the defensive? Michello sucked at playing defence! He preferred to be the aggressor.

Still, what Everlyn said made sense. They wouldn’t do well marching into an entire group of Team Power, considering they had no idea about numbers. If one Team Power member could reduce a Gym leader’s team by two or three Pokémon, then it wouldn’t take long for the Gym leaders to be overwhelmed.

…And that didn’t even take into account their leaders.

Sighing, Michello looked up to respond to Everlyn, only to see her already leaving on the back of her Salamence. He sort of stared in dumb shock as she quickly faded into the distance: becoming a figure, then a dot, and then nothing. He looked over at Tori, and then at Rory, and then at the sky again. “She’s certainly not wastin’ any time, is she?” He laughed a little as he rubbed the back of his head. The idea of training with the champ was a tempting one, and he if Chalgrove was gunna be Team Power’s next target anyway…

I’m gunna follow after her. Feel free to follow me, or don’t. I’m not gunna mind hangin’ out alone with the champ.” He offered Rory a little wink, mostly joking, as he let Stryker out of his ball again. He was on the Staraptor’s back, as the pair soared into the sky, and followed after Everlyn.

Stryker pushed himself to catch up to Everlyn and her Salamence, and while he never managed to catch up to the dragon, he was at least as fast as the bigger ‘mon. Michello was grinning with pride as the Pokemon pushed himself past his normal limits, and he landed outside Everlyn’s large estate. He whistled in surprise as he looked at the large building; clearly impressed. “Huh, bein’ the champ pays, huh?” He said, smirking as he knocked on the front door. After a few moments, a Slowking, of all things, answered. He paused for a moment, before remembering Everlyn’s advice. “Uh, The champ said I should come visit and train with her. The name’s Michello, I’m a Gym Leader. Should I, uh…wait here?” Michello paused, before he watched the Slowking close the door and leave. He’d never met the Pokémon before, and perhaps the Pokémon didn’t believe him. After all, he was still pretty new, and not everyone knew he’d replaced the last Gym Leader. Hopefully, the Slowking planned to go get Everlyn…Hopefully. Little did he know that Michello wasn't the only person who'd thought to visit the Champ.

D98oMOy.png

[spoili]Tagging: @F0X, @DapperDogman, @Ruby., @GlassTrinity[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

There was a moment where, upon seeing Everlyn's face, Ari stood in what could only be described as a blank faced look of shock. She would of quickly turned around and headed for the nearest treeline if it wasn't for her mothers sudden grip on her arm. She knew she was helplessly out of options then, as she'd never been able to break her mothers grips or holds, a testimate to Freya's gorilla like strength. Then being embraced by Eve made Ari even more uncomfortable...

They followed Eve and slowing into a very veery nice looking living room. So fancy in fact that it was almost sickening to Ari. She looked down at the ice floating in the tea, wondering if this witch had spiked it with some dubious drug or concoction. Meanwhile Freya looked at Eve questionably. The red and black collar gave Freya pause... She didn't think Eve would of worn something like that, especially considering all the commotion that had been going on recently. All it did was remind Freya of the past couple of days. Fond, if not recent, memories that didn't really have a place in Freya's mind right now, not while Ari was with her.

Ari looked up when Eve asked what they'd been up to, rather curious of why the flushed look on her face . "Actually i was just leaving so if you'll excu- GAH!" Ari was instantly cut off as she was getting up, her mother pulling her back down by her jacket.

"I've actually had my own run it with this group, though I can't believe they've given anyone much trouble. Sorry to hear about the psychic type gym leader though... Regardless, I just wanted to stop by with Ari because I forgot the presents yesterday. I'm guessing you'd probably like it better this way anyway." Freya said, suggesting that Eve wanted to hand them out personally.

Ari perked up, wondering what exactly it was that the two of them were talking about.

838nXnq.png

EDRGeZ2.png

Last edited:
Zfv4z6Q.png

The Champion heard Ari's lack of desire in wanting to be there, which was rather off putting for her for sure. She didn't like when people were forced to do something they didn't want to do, and it seemed Freya either tricked or forced her to be there. She let out a small breath, looking down at her tea and then heard Freya's words, making her brighten up as she mentioned the presents. "Oh yes Mis-.. Miss Freya, I do like that I get to give them to her. This is really exciting really. I hope you like it Ari! I'll be right back!!" She rose up from her seat, setting her tea on the coffee table and quickly headed to her office where her PC was.

Just upon entering the office, she heard the doorbell ring and she called out to Slowking, "Can you please get that Slowking!!" Her Pokemon Butler was already on the job, moving along as quickly as he short legs could get him there. He opened the door with his Psychic power, looking up at Michello and nodded at him, giving him the blank smiling he gave everyone. He waved his arm so that Michello would enter, then lead the way to the living room. Slowking vanished into the kitchen, only to reappear after a moment to give him a glass of tea as well.

Everlyn came back into the room holding a black case. She smiled as she saw Michello and said, "Oh, well you came right away after the incident in Bardney. You've met Ari before, at least when you faced her at her Fighting Gym, and that is her Mother, Freya." She sat down next to Ari on the couch, handing her the case and let her open it before starting to explain. "I know how much you think that Pangoro is the best Pokemon one can have. And, well.. He is amazing! However, you should have your own set of Pokemon that you can call your own, a full six! Freya and I caught these Pokemon in the forest not far from my estate. Within the Pokeballs is a Shiny Cottonee and Shiny Pachirisu~ They will compliment your Pangoro really well! Since he is such a power house, having some support Pokemon is really great, and they are both also very good for catching other Pokemon as well! So... They are for you. I hope you like them."

She let out a small breath, looking down a bit as she felt a little bit of nervousness spreading over her. Something was telling her that Ari was going to say she hated that she caught her Pokemon and storm off to head back to her Gym. The loop on her collar clinked against the metal that held it in place as she reached out, grabbing her tea and took another long drink. She smiled at Ari, letting out a small chuckle and asked, "Also... Is that TV I sent you working out alright? I wasn't sure what size you had before, so I just got the largest they had in stock."

She turned to Michello who was sitting patiently, giving him a small smile and said, "Well, welcome to my Estate Michello. I hope your travel wasn't too hard~ Perhaps in a bit once you've rested your muscles a bit we could all four go out and train a bit in my arena? I think that'd be a good bit of fun for all of us, yeah?" She smiled, looking between all her guests, trying to read how much they'd like the idea.
Fox.png

[spoili] @GlassTrinity @LimeyPanda [/spoili]

Michello was unsure what to think when the Slowking allowed him to enter the house, acting as a butler. The illusion of butler-dom was futher reinforced when he was ushered into the Living room, and offered a cup of tea which he took gratefully. He noticed the two not-the-champ women in the room; a stranger he didn’t recognise, and the Fighting Gym leader, of all things. He gave them both a pleasant smile, and then sipped at the scalding hot tea without a moment’s hesitation.

He watched the Champion enter the room again, holding a black case, and he waved when she greeted him. Truth be told, it was nice to be in such a big estate; especially when the plan was to get ready for the battle with Team Power. He didn’t much like sitting around, and this was probably the best place to be for not sitting around, unless he planned to head out to the mountains. “It’s nice to see you again Ari. And a pleasure to meet’cha, Miss Freya.” He was surprised at how young the ‘older’ woman looked. Just how old was Ari? And how young a mum was Freya?

Michello watched the strange scene of Everlyn giving Ari a number of gifts. It was honestly a shock to see the Gym Leader getting a bunch of pokemon; especially considering hers had been a formidable team last year. Had something happened? Maybe he was just out of the loop, but he hoped that everything was okay.

After a while though, Everlyn started to talk to him again, mentioning that the group should change before they begin training; and that Michello might need to rest himself. He shook his head politely, as he took another gulp of tea. “I don’t need to rest. I’m here to get some training in, and I doubt those Team Power goons’ll care if I’m tired or naught.” He said, pounding a fist against his chest as he felt himself getting fired up. “I might need to borrow a room after though, like you suggested. I’m probably gunna get exhausted after training with the champ, the Fighting gym leader, and someone that the both of you respect. I’ve got a spare set of clothes at least; nothing as fancy as that new collar thing though. I think the Black ‘n’ Red one is a little nicer than that Black ‘n’ White one you were wearin’ before, if you don't mind my sayin'…Matches your attire a bit better, y’know?” He said, smiling oblivious to the possible weight of his statement as he kept sipping at the tea.

D98oMOy.png

[spoili]Tagging: @F0X, @GlassTrinity[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Ari leaned away when Everlyn sat down next to her on the couch, still a little weary of getting to close to someone who'd been so devious. Still, knowing her mother was there next to her made her feel a little bit better. Ari looked down at the case and slowly opened it, looking down at two pokeballs. She got a little excited at first, thinking that something from Everlyn had to be some sort of super pokemon... But when she heard they were small fry like Cottonee and Pachirisu...

Ari picked up one of the pokeballs, looking less than enthused. She looked over her shoulder at Freya, but she seemed to be lost in thought and helping herself to the tea. She then looked over at Michello, a somewhat annoyed expression on her face. She wasn't so much annoyed with him so much as she was with these pokemon of choice, though she did remember him from one of their previous battles. She remembered how well of an impression he'd made on her at the time, but now she wasn't entirely in the best of moods. Ari released the pokemon from inside the pokeball, letting the shiny Pachirisu be summoned on the floor in front of everyone. When the light around it suddenly cleared, Ari was shocked to see the adorable pink stripe it wore on its fur. She felt her cheeks blush a little as she looked down at it with a twinkle in her eyes. SO ADORABLE! She thought. Pachirisu looked back up at her, happy to see that it was being idolized so much.

Ari quickly shook it off and dawned a rather serious look, coughing into her fist. "W-What am I supposed to do with something like this?" She asked Eve, pointing down at Pachirisu. "Just look at it, what's it gonna do? Huh?"

Suddenly Pachirisu's eyes narrowed, taking offense to Ari's judgments. It let out a hissing squeak before jumping up and biting it's buck teeth down on Ari's gloved hand. "AH!" Ari yelled, trying to fling the rodent off of her but having little luck against Pachirisu's vice like grip.

Freya, who had been thinking a few things over despite Michello's arrival, was brought back to the now by her daughters tantrum. Seeing the squirrel pokemon clinging to Ari was more than hilarious, so she let out a few chuckles at the scene.

838nXnq.png

EDRGeZ2.png

Zfv4z6Q.png

Everlyn saw that moment of excitement in her eyes, making her smile and think that she had gotten her something that she'd liked. However, then she made her comment, and she couldn't help but feel her face go flat. "W-What am I supposed to do with something like this?" She asked, making Everlyn let out a deep sigh. But then she saw her bite at Ari's hand, and she couldn't help but chuckle as she watched Ari flail her hand around trying to get it to let go. She then heard the comment about her collar from Michello, and she blushed, her hand instinctively moving up to touch it. She cleared her throat and let out a small thank you, only to then reach forward and grab Ari's wrist, then the Pokemon by the back of the neck. She applied enough pressure so that it would let go, not enough to hurt it in any way. She set the Pachirisu down on Ari's lap, letting out a deep huff and then looked over to the girl and said, "Look... Not all Pokemon are supposed to be power house hitters like Pangoro. That why I got you these two. With training, Pachirisu can be a wonderful support Pokemon that sets up your Pangoro for victory. A one, two, punch kinda combo if you will. He is really fast, as is Cottenee, and will be even faster when she Evolves into Whimsicott! So... Just trust in them, and let them help you catch lots of new Pokemon, ones that you think fit you well."

She let out a small sigh, turning to look to Freya for a moment, seeing that her mind seemed a bit distracted. Thus, she turned to Michello, smiling at him and leaned back in her spot on the couch and turned to Slowking. "Slowking, can I have some Iced Tea this time please, slightly sweetened. I think I have enough hot tea for now." Slowking didn't wait and quickly made his way to the kitchen. She turned to Michello and said, "Well, I said you're welcome to stay, everyone is. I wouldn't mind doing a bit of battling if you'd like, I have a lot of different Pokemon that you could train against. Though, it might be nice to take a rest. I know you're eager... But I just got home a little while before you got here. I'd like to visit with all of you~" She smiled at them, shifting a bit so she got more comfortable.

Slowking brought the Iced Tea, smiling at Everlyn as he handed it to her on a plate. She took the glass, smiling at him and said, "Thank you for not spilling it on me like last time silly." Slowking blushed, then nodded and took his leave to stand within earshot of Everlyn. She took a long drink of her tea, very much satisfied with its taste. She looked to Everyone, then said, "I feel it will be good when even more people are here to visit and train. I think if all the trainers and Gym Leaders that cared about the ruining of Team Power, the faster and easier it will be to get rid of them."

Fox.png

[spoili] @GlassTrinity @LimeyPanda [/spoili]

[fieldbox=Ilus, purple, solid] There was nothing quite like the feeling of flying, looking down at the world, thinking on how small it all looked from so high up. The sudden rush of decent, the anticipation of the climb, wind whipping past at dizzying speeds. Yes, thought Ilus, there really was nothing like flying. Phaenna enjoyed the chance to stretch her wings, normally having to be careful of her wings due to her large size. But even if her enthusiasm was as strong as ever, Ilus could tell that she was getting tired. He leaned forward to better reach her ears, having to shout above the roar or the wind. "Hey, how do you feel about paying Everlyn a visit?" It's been a few days since they'd seen each other, and her home was closer than his own. Phaenna gave an affirmative cry, suddenly banking left and heading towards the woman's manor, landing in the front yard.

The Crobat hissed in dissatisfaction when he took out her pokeball. "I know, I know. But you're a bit too big to roam about in Eve's home." Phae huffed, holding still as he returned her to the ball, walking up to the door. He didn't wait to be let in, slipping inside and beginning to seek out the champion. Slowking met him in the hallway, looking none too pleased that he had just wandered in. Ilus gave him a bright smile. "Don't look so sour, King. You know me well enough by now." The Pokemon didn't seem any happier. "...I promise not to make a habit of it?" Slowking rolled it's eyes, leading him through the lavish home to where everyone was gathered. "Oh? I hope I'm not interrupting anything." He mused, a smile finding his lips as he wandered closer. "I didn't realise you were expecting company, though I'm feeling a bit neglected, Eve. You didn't invite me to this little party of yours." He was joking, of course, "I hope that wasn't intentional~?" [/fieldbox]

---

[fieldbox=Vale, gold, solid] The consultation had gone rather well, he felt. The home he was visiting was plenty spacious, and the children seemed fully invested in caring for a pokemon properly. The father seemed reluctant to pay the price, but Vale was pretty sure he couldn't deny his kids for very long. Not without breaking their poor little hearts. Besides, it was his wife who had final say really, and she was rather taken with the idea of adding a pair of small Eevees to the family. He sat quietly as she listed what she wanted, exactly. Female, which would make this whole process longer, with a good temperament for her children. But she also wanted them to be competitively viable later down the line, so her children would have familiar pokemon to start their own journeys with. Not a hard request, all in all. But an expensive one, giving the father a sympathetic smile.

"Of course, don't worry about anything ma'am. Now, making sure they're female is going to run up the price a bit... And its going to take me a bit longer." His smile brightened at her assurance that she understood, even as her husband rolled his eyes. Vale stood up with a small sigh. "Well then, I suppose I should get to work then! I'll give you a call when I have everything ready." Both parents rose to see him off, so gracious and thankful as they waved from the door, his smile staying in place until he was out of sight, giving a deep sigh. It was a nice family, for sure, but he wasn't entirely sure they understood how long it was going to take to get them exactly what they wanted. Well, they'd learn, or they'd back out. And there were always people looking for cute pokemon. Maybe he'd reach out to Kanto. Or an Eevee collector.

The sudden chip tune made him jump, searching through his pack for his pocket computer. An email from Professor Willow? Ahh, seems she was looking for Eevees herself. Maybe he wouldn't need to reach out to Kanto after all. Fingers slew across the keypad, getting a response out quick as he could.

//That sounds like a very interesting line of research. I unfortunately don't have any Eevees to drop off at the moment, but if given a few days, I will have them delivered to you right away. Is this acceptable?//

The message sent, Vale called out his Talonflame. "Hey Kaze~ Time to head home, bud." The Pokemon gave a happy cry. Flapping its wings to gain some air, before grabbing him by his shoulders, the man lifted up into the air by the bird's powerful wings. It was a short fly home, Vale letting out a huff as his feet hit ground, stumbling a few steps. "Oof.. Rough landing. Don't go far, I'm probably going to need you later!" He called out, Talonflame heading off to stretch its wings. His Espeon and Umbreon were let out of their pokeballs. "I'm gonna be busy so can you two keep an eye on things? Come grab me if anything goes down." He gave the two of them a wave, heading out into the yard. [/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: F0X

Michello frowned at Tori’s passivity. He wasn’t really good with dealing with people like her, the shy types always seemed to think he was a bit of a jackass and while they probably weren’t wrong, he liked to think otherwise. After a moment, he shrugged it away though. If she didn’t want attention, she wouldn’t force it on her.

He turned to Everlyn instead, who extended a suggestion of passivity, and recommended training and preparation, instead of chasing down Team Power. He found himself slightly angry at the suggestion, even if it made a lot of sense. Were they really going to let those bastards go after other Pokémon while they all trained and stayed on the defensive? Michello sucked at playing defence! He preferred to be the aggressor.

Still, what Everlyn said made sense. They wouldn’t do well marching into an entire group of Team Power, considering they had no idea about numbers. If one Team Power member could reduce a Gym leader’s team by two or three Pokémon, then it wouldn’t take long for the Gym leaders to be overwhelmed.

…And that didn’t even take into account their leaders.

Sighing, Michello looked up to respond to Everlyn, only to see her already leaving on the back of her Salamence. He sort of stared in dumb shock as she quickly faded into the distance: becoming a figure, then a dot, and then nothing. He looked over at Tori, and then at Rory, and then at the sky again. “She’s certainly not wastin’ any time, is she?” He laughed a little as he rubbed the back of his head. The idea of training with the champ was a tempting one, and he if Chalgrove was gunna be Team Power’s next target anyway…

I’m gunna follow after her. Feel free to follow me, or don’t. I’m not gunna mind hangin’ out alone with the champ.” He offered Rory a little wink, mostly joking, as he let Stryker out of his ball again. He was on the Staraptor’s back, as the pair soared into the sky, and followed after Everlyn.

Stryker pushed himself to catch up to Everlyn and her Salamence, and while he never managed to catch up to the dragon, he was at least as fast as the bigger ‘mon. Michello was grinning with pride as the Pokemon pushed himself past his normal limits, and he landed outside Everlyn’s large estate. He whistled in surprise as he looked at the large building; clearly impressed. “Huh, bein’ the champ pays, huh?” He said, smirking as he knocked on the front door. After a few moments, a Slowking, of all things, answered. He paused for a moment, before remembering Everlyn’s advice. “Uh, The champ said I should come visit and train with her. The name’s Michello, I’m a Gym Leader. Should I, uh…wait here?” Michello paused, before he watched the Slowking close the door and leave. He’d never met the Pokémon before, and perhaps the Pokémon didn’t believe him. After all, he was still pretty new, and not everyone knew he’d replaced the last Gym Leader. Hopefully, the Slowking planned to go get Everlyn…Hopefully. Little did he know that Michello wasn't the only person who'd thought to visit the Champ.

D98oMOy.png

[spoili]Tagging: @F0X, @DapperDogman, @Ruby., @GlassTrinity[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]
Rory groans slightly, rolling his eyes "You've always got something to say" he mutters, watching as he leaves, his Aerodactyl landing as he gives Tori a small wave, before taking off in a blur of speed, soaring low and fast, just above the tops of the trees. He laughs happily as his pokémon races through the air, causing the wind to sweep his hair back as he enjoys the thrill of flying so fast. It took him no time at all to land right outside the doors of the mansion, his Aerodactyl returning to it's ball as he knocks. He smiles as a Slowking opens the door

"Heya there, buddy" he says as he steps inside, looking around and smiling to himself. So many statues and ornaments he'd made himself, and he was glad to see they furnished the mansion still "Glad she didn't throw them out" he murmurs to himself as he slowly paces the hall, his hands behind his back as he walks, taking in the scenery. He had to admit, the champ sure knew how to make the place come to life

trainercard-result

@F0X @Ruby. @GlassTrinity @LimeyPanda

Michello watched the interaction between Ari and the Pachirisu with a muted interest; smiling silently when Ari questioned the Pokémon’s capabilities, only to be nibbled on in response. He managed to stifle the laughter to a single utterance of a giggle, before he turned to face the Champion. “Makes sense. Sorry to be so presumptuous about gettin’ started, I’m just a little eager is all.

Looking over at Freya, Michello rubbed the back of his head before finally blurting out what he had to say. “So…I hate to pester ‘n’ all, but just who are you? I know you’re Ari’s mom ‘n’ all, but are you like; a champion or somethin’? Maybe in another region? I’d normally not ask, but since we’ll be trainin’ together, I thought it’d be nice to get to know you ‘n’ such. Y’know?” He said with a smile, surprised that he'd never met a trainer who the champion obviously held in such high regard. Truth be told, he'd always thought himself 'in the know' before coming to Seloh, and yet he'd been constantly surprised by the madness of how many skilled trainers called this place home.

D98oMOy.png

[spoili]Tagging: @F0X, @GlassTrinity[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.