The Adventures of Seloh, A Pokemon Tale IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rory sighs as he walks about the town slowly, peeking into the Pokémart for a moment, and then the Pokémon centre. It was surprisingly quiet today, normally there'd be a loud buzz of activity around, but it seemed nearly dead. Perhaps folks had stayed home to avoid those Team Power grunts? "God, no-one's even around, what's the point of visiting the town if there's no-one to talk to, or have sparring matches with, or even an Officer Jenny to chat up?" he grunts and sits down on a nearby bench, shutting his eyes as he leans back

"Boy, I wish I had something to do right now. I can't just laze around, but I don't feel like working out or anything"

trainercard-result

Reactions: F0X
Selyne's morning had begun like any other she was up at sunrise with her pokemon which she rarely kept in their pokeballs. She had decided that her work needed some spicing up so she asked Ash her beloved Arcanine to produce his flamethrower at her for her to dodge. She had just dodged one with a double front flip when a water pulse came at her and she back flipped looking at Vaporeon who had joined in on the training so she took off running in her spacious yard from her own two pokemon who had determined she needed to really work hard. As she dodged the flamethrowers and water pulses she grew more and more sweating. This was how she liked her mornings. She had called a truce and poured out all three of her pokemon some breakfast. Nyx, her umbreon, looked at her with a kind of wondering as to how she managed to get the way she had. She kneeled down and gave Nyx a scratch on the head affectionately. She went into her home and showered and readied herself for the day. She pulled on her underthings including her mix matched height socks. She went to her closet and grabbed her waist high pink skirt pulling it on, the next thing was her black and white shirt that had holes that cut away from the should exposing most of her arm before closing up again around the nap of her elbow. The last clothing item she donned was a half shirt about three sizes to big and was short sleeved and ashen color with white markings on it.
She pulled up her metal thigh band onto her left leg and slipped her shoes on. She grabbed her black choker with the diamond shape on it and slipped it on heading out of her home immediately whistling for her pokemon to follow. All three happily ran towards her and headed with her into town to the Meow Meowth Cafe hoping for breakfast and to see Natalie as well as she made her way there she did indeed spit the young woman taking a bit of her crepe and smiled heading towards her all pokemon in tow. She sat across form her, "Good morning Nat." She said warmly to her.
@Noctis the Devious

trainercard-result

[fieldbox="Michello Francis, Orange, Solid"]

Michello listened to Yvonne, aware that her little addendum about being cautious and prepared for the people's sake was directed squarely at him. She was right, of course. Being rash wouldn't get him anywhere. He needed to think things through, and maybe gathering the other Gym leaders. "You're probably right, Professor Willows. Can't be dealin' with this alone. The thing that has me worried is just who the hell could be leadin' a group like this? 'sgotta be a tough cookie to keep so many trainers like that in line." Michello frowned, but nodded when Yvonne started to shoo the pair of Gym leaders away. When the curvy woman hugged him, he sorta froze for a second, not expecting the sudden close-ness of it all. After a second though, he regained his composure and embraced her as well.

Once outside the lab, he looked over at Liliana and gave a half-cocked smile to the woman. "I'm going to take up Yvonne's idea. Gunna start getting' the idea out to other Gym leaders about finally nailing this Power issue. I'm gunna start with the Rock gym, and work my way down. I hope I can count on your help though." He said, his broad smile never leaving his face as he talked to the woman. After a moment though, he sort of stopped smiling and started pouting. "Damn, that means I'm gunna have to close my Gym for the day. Hopefully Everlyn won't chew my ass off for being too lenient. Ah well, I'm sure she'll understand. Sorry boss, gotta go and get hustlin'. Speak to ya soon!" And with that, Michello was gone; moving towards his Gym without a care in the world.

Five minutes later; Michello was in the sky above Anson, flying on the back of his Staraptor. He'd left his long-standing partner, Zangoose, at home to look after the fort with his Kangaskhan. It made sense to leave his two best friends to look after the place, and while he felt a little guilty, he needed to have a flier on hand.

It didn't take him long to make it to Bardney City, and he landed not far from the Rock-type Gym. He'd not had a run-in with the man since Michello had played the role of challenger. He wondered how the man would be, now that Michello was also a Gym Leader. He knocked on the front door of the gym, only to be told that Rory was out for the moment. Michello frowned, but he guess it couldn't be helped. He made his way into town, so that he could cut through it and make his way to the Fire Gym.

On his way there, however, he spotted Rory sitting on a bench. Michello grinned from ear-to-ear when he spotted the man, and he raised a big ol' hand to wave at the man as he approached. "Hey! Rory! Just the man I've been lookin' for! How come you're not at the Gym, buddy?"

jJiP0l5.png

[spoili]Tagging: @F0X7713, @Aergia, @DapperDogman[/spoili]
[/fieldbox]

clY4xzp.png
Professor Yvonne Willow

Professor Willow listened to both Liliana and Michello about their personal concerns with Team Power. They were most certainly becoming quite a problem, and she hated how crafty they had become over the years. It was unfortunate, one of the few things that wasn't able to keep up with the mass influx of people that came to Seloh was Law Enforcement. Everyone that came to the region was looking to compete in one thing or another, but the Police and other emergency response teams were not able to keep up with the growing demand. What is worse is that so many people think that just because trainers in other areas were able to defeat Team Rocket and other villainous organizations that the trainers of Seloh would be able to handle them as well. However... That most certainly wasn't the case. Team Power was as strong as any of the trainers in the region, some even stronger. They were skilled, knowledgeable when it came to Pokemon Battling, and were ruthless to both Pokemon and Trainers. They hurt the people that they stole from, and from what she had heard recently, there has even been some killings.

So, Liliana's concern was certainly valid, but it raised concerns of her own. "Liliana, as much as I would like to think that you idea is a good one, sadly... It is flawed my dear. See, if we have too many Pokemon, powerful and important Pokemon like yours all in my lab, then... Well it would make me more of a target. I have had a few run-ins with these goons myself, and frankly I did not like what I see... They carry full teams of well trained pokemon, doing whatever they can to win the battle and leave you defenseless against them. They have not been able to beat me, and I don't fear them too much in concern with them actually being able to beat me... Not in a one vs one that is.. If they found out that I had lots of Pokemon that were not just my own, I fear that they might even send more than just the one, raid my lab and.."

The Professor clearly had a bit of a saddened look on her face. She couldn't let her research get in the hands of Team Power. If nothing else that was most important above all else. As much as she cares about Pokemon, if her work were to get into the wrong hands... It could be dangerous for all. "I'm sorry Lily, but.. The best hands for your Pokemon to be in.." Yvonne reached out, taking Liliana's hands into her own for a moment and said, "Is yours." She nodded a bit, pulling her hands back so that she could turn to her computer and type a few lines onto her keyboard. "However... This doesn't mean that you should give up. Oh no no no no.. I won't have that. As a matter of fact, you know who hates Team Power more than any one? Champion Everlyn. She has been doing her own investigations on Team Power, but has only gone so far. I bet if all the Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members, the most capable members of competitive Pokemon in all of Seloh came together, working together to defeat Team Power... THAT would be the best thing that could happen. Team Power isn't like Team Rocket, or Flare, or any other criminal group before them.. They are organized, ruthless, and ready to do whatever it takes. With how few police officers we have in Seloh.. I fear that it will be up to people like us, and Everlyn, and the other strong members of our community to stand up and fight back."

She nodded, looking to Michello who was probably most heated and frustrated at the same time with Team Power. That made her want to add another point. "However... We have to be smart and collected about it. If we start running around trying to kick down doors and take names, Team Power might start pushing back in ways that hurt the community. I think it would be wise to talk with some of the other Gym Leaders, even go to Chalgrove to talk to Everlyn herself if you needed. But... We all need to stick together and work together. That is the most important thing." Professor Willow nodded, letting out a deep breath and realized that she still had emails to send. She shook her head and said, "Gah!! Well... As much as I'd love to keep chatting... I need to get some work done and send some emails... Please, do visit again soon though. And you can Email me any time with your Pokedex!! There's all sorts of nifty features I've plugged into the Seloh Pokedex! Calls, texts, pictures, GPS, music... Its like a super smartphone with the best Pokedatabase in the world!!" She chuckled, rising up to give both the Gym Leaders a hug. She shooed them off however, knowing she really needed to get to work.

The Professor sat at her desk, looking through her emails and pulled up her address book, nodding slowly and finally found the person she was looking for. Mister Vale Simpur, the Eevee Breeder. She then nodded, writing in the Subject Line: In Need of Eevee's for research. [spoili]Dear Mister Vale, it has been brought to my attention that you are a very skilled and reputable Eevee breeder in Seloh. As you might know, I am Seloh's lead researcher in all things Pokemon, and I think I may have found a bit of a connections to Mega-Evolution and connecting it to their evolution. None the less, I am going to need you to come to Ansen right away with 18 Eevees! I do not need any sort of competitive nature or specific gender, in fact, the more random the lot the better!! So please, get back to me Promptly to ensure that you're able to fulfill the request, otherwise I'll contact a breeder I know in Kalos instead. Thank you and Best Regards! --Professor Yvonne Willow[/spoili] She pressed the send button and smiled, glad that she was on a roll with her different fields of research, and only hoped that this Vale would be able to give her the pokemon she needed promptly.

trainercard-result

[spoili]@LimeyPanda @Aergia @Mahariel [/spoili]
OOC and Signups Found here!
[fieldbox="Michello Francis, Orange, Solid"]When Yvonne admitted that she much remember more than his name, he pouted a little in disappointment. They'd only met once, true enough; but it had been a pretty big deal for him. He'd gotten a Mega-stone from her, and now he was a gym leader. He'd hoped that might strike some sort of cord with her; make him a little more memorable. When she mentioned 'Crushin' the scribs' as she put it, he was momentarily confused. What the hell did that even mean? Was that something he was meant to know? Was that official speak among the Gym leaders? Oh crap, had he missed some sort of orientation or something? He sort of smiled blankly; trying his best to not look completely confused by it all. "Huh, didn't know you were only across the road. Well then neighbour, it's always nice to know who you might need to borrow a cup of sugar from."

With the arrival of Liliana, Michello saw the sight of someone who probably recognised him…maybe. He certainly remembered having a good battle with her last year; earning himself his third badge from her was a pretty tight-knit affair, and…

As it turned out, she didn't remember him either. It made sense; how many dozens of people do Gym leaders fight a week? A month even? Hardly makes sense that they'd remember many of 'em.

Putting on a brave face, Michello smiled and waved when Liliana offered him her greetings, and a passing request that he be less weird than the previous occupant. "I'm Michello, nice to meet ya again Liliana. I'll try and be less weird, but that ain't really for me to be decidin'. Can't much be the judge now, can I?"

Instead of accepting his invitation, Yvonne offered the two Gym leaders to join her in her lab. It was a nice request, so Michello accepted with a nod and a smile. "Sounds good. It'd be nice to chat with you two before I have to defend my badge some more."

As Michello was guided through the laboratory – with Lopunny and Zangoose in tow. As he reached the various different floors, he ummed and ahh'd appropriately, offering what he thought was the right level of impressed. Truth be told, he'd seen the tech before and, while it was still pretty cool, it wasn't exactly a shock. The invitation into Professor Willow's office was a bit different, considering last time he'd just come for the mega-stone, and to prove that he and his Lopunny were close. Sitting down on one of the chairs behind the desk, Michello waited for Liliana to speak first; mostly because he'd only come for small-chat.

As it turned out, Liliana had come to visit Yvonne with a very serious question; a request to look after some of her Pokémon. It hurt his heart a little to think that Team Power was causing people to go to such extreme lengths, but at the same time he could understand the worries of Yvonne. It helped that Michello lived on sight, but if he were ever forced to be an excessive distance from any of his less fight-capable Pokémon, he might consider something like this. "Them damn Team Power fools. They've been causin' such a fuss recently, it gets right in my craw!" Michello had been involved in a few run-ins with the Team Power goons. Most of them before he'd become a Gym leader, but still; it was heart-breaking that some of the younger kids on the island were dealing with their loved partners being taken away from them. "I just wish we knew where those Team Power sods were. If we knew that, we'd be able to cut the head off those sneak-headed rat-bastards." He was frowning the entire time he spoke. He hated feeling helpless, and that was exactly what it felt like when it came to dealing with Team Power.

D98oMOy.png

[/fieldbox]

Tagging: @F0X7713, @Aergia

Michello listened to Yvonne, aware that her little addendum about being cautious and prepared for the people's sake was directed squarely at him. She was right, of course. Being rash wouldn't get him anywhere. He needed to think things through, and maybe gathering the other Gym leaders. "You're probably right, Professor Willows. Can't be dealin' with this alone. The thing that has me worried is just who the hell could be leadin' a group like this? 'sgotta be a tough cookie to keep so many trainers like that in line." Michello frowned, but nodded when Yvonne started to shoo the pair of Gym leaders away. When the curvy woman hugged him, he sorta froze for a second, not expecting the sudden close-ness of it all. After a second though, he regained his composure and embraced her as well.

Once outside the lab, he looked over at Liliana and gave a half-cocked smile to the woman. "I'm going to take up Yvonne's idea. Gunna start getting' the idea out to other Gym leaders about finally nailing this Power issue. I'm gunna start with the Rock gym, and work my way down. I hope I can count on your help though." He said, his broad smile never leaving his face as he talked to the woman. After a moment though, he sort of stopped smiling and started pouting. "Damn, that means I'm gunna have to close my Gym for the day. Hopefully Everlyn won't chew my ass off for being too lenient. Ah well, I'm sure she'll understand. Sorry boss, gotta go and get hustlin'. Speak to ya soon!" And with that, Michello was gone; moving towards his Gym without a care in the world.

Five minutes later; Michello was in the sky above Anson, flying on the back of his Staraptor. He'd left his long-standing partner, Zangoose, at home to look after the fort with his Kangaskhan. It made sense to leave his two best friends to look after the place, and while he felt a little guilty, he needed to have a flier on hand.

It didn't take him long to make it to Bardney City, and he landed not far from the Rock-type Gym. He'd not had a run-in with the man since Michello had played the role of challenger. He wondered how the man would be, now that Michello was also a Gym Leader. He knocked on the front door of the gym, only to be told that Rory was out for the moment. Michello frowned, but he guess it couldn't be helped. He made his way into town, so that he could cut through it and make his way to the Fire Gym.

On his way there, however, he spotted Rory sitting on a bench. Michello grinned from ear-to-ear when he spotted the man, and he raised a big ol' hand to wave at the man as he approached. "Hey! Rory! Just the man I've been lookin' for! How come you're not at the Gym, buddy?"

jJiP0l5.png

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Liliana Florence, magenta, solid"]
"That's a shame..." Lily's voice trailed off when Willow declined her request, before letting the latter to hold her hand. "Guess that means I'll have to keep them in their Pokeballs at all times then."

She then looked at Michello, who was visibly furious at Team Power's ruthless and merciless actions. "It's shocking I know," Lily commented, shaking her head. "At least we can take a blow thrown by Team Power. However, what about the trainers and breeders? Most of them can barely even take on some of Power's grunts. It's actually sickening..."

When Professor Willow let go of her hands, Lily clenched both of her hands into a tight fist, so tight to the point her knuckles began to turn white, and could feel her manicure digging into her palms. Usually, Lily never doubted her abilities as a Pokemon Gym Leader, and hell even as a Pokemon Trainer, too. She had a lot of faith on all of her Pokemon's power and skills. However, she knew that some of the grunts in Team Power are capable -- and have -- taken down quite a lot of powerful trainers, too. Don't even start on all the captains or commanders or whatever they were called in Team Power. Some of them are on par with a few of the higher-up Gym Leaders and even some of the Elite Fours...

Afterwards, she and Michello walked outside of the lab to let the Professor Willow do her endless load of work in some peace and quiet. When Michello finished speaking, Lily then turned around and nodded, "Seems like a good idea huh? I'll probably go the other direction and get the Ice Gym Leader on board. He lives pretty close to my gym anyway." Lily then sent out her Togekiss, before hopping onto the Pokemon's back. "See ya later then. Let's fly!"

With a strong flap of her wings, Togekiss quickly soared up into the sky. Michello was long out of her sight range since he flew off with a Staraptor, which was a pretty fast Pokemon, but it didn't matter. It wasn't like she was going to say anything more to him anyway. Although I feel like I have met that guy before...but when? And where?

Shaking her head, Lily gave directions to her Togekiss so that she wouldn't accidentally fly off in the completely opposite flight route. Within about five or so minutes, they were hovering above the Ice Gym that belonged to Zachariah.

When she touched down, Lily quickly recalled the Jubilee Pokemon and knocked on the door of the Gym. "Hello? Zachariah?" Lily called, while peering through the glass door, only to find that all of the lights were off and the door was locked. "Are you kidding me? He's out?"

Shaking her head, Lily then sat down onto the ground next to the glass door, before calling out her Togekiss and Gengar out of their Pokeball so that she could kill some time. Hopefully it doesn't take 30 years for him to come back.

image.png

@F0X @LimeyPanda @IntrusivePenDesperateSword

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Liliana Florence, magenta, solid"]
"That's a shame..." Lily's voice trailed off when Willow declined her request, before letting the latter to hold her hand. "Guess that means I'll have to keep them in their Pokeballs at all times then."

She then looked at Michello, who was visibly furious at Team Power's ruthless and merciless actions. "It's shocking I know," Lily commented, shaking her head. "At least we can take a blow thrown by Team Power. However, what about the trainers and breeders? Most of them can barely even take on some of Power's grunts. It's actually sickening..."

When Professor Willow let go of her hands, Lily clenched both of her hands into a tight fist, so tight to the point her knuckles began to turn white, and could feel her manicure digging into her palms. Usually, Lily never doubted her abilities as a Pokemon Gym Leader, and hell even as a Pokemon Trainer, too. She had a lot of faith on all of her Pokemon's power and skills. However, she knew that some of the grunts in Team Power are capable -- and have -- taken down quite a lot of powerful trainers, too. Don't even start on all the captains or commanders or whatever they were called in Team Power. Some of them are on par with a few of the higher-up Gym Leaders and even some of the Elite Fours...

Afterwards, she and Michello walked outside of the lab to let the Professor Willow do her endless load of work in some peace and quiet. When Michello finished speaking, Lily then turned around and nodded, "Seems like a good idea huh? I'll probably go the other direction and get the Ice Gym Leader on board. He lives pretty close to my gym anyway." Lily then sent out her Togekiss, before hopping onto the Pokemon's back. "See ya later then. Let's fly!"

With a strong flap of her wings, Togekiss quickly soared up into the sky. Michello was long out of her sight range since he flew off with a Staraptor, which was a pretty fast Pokemon, but it didn't matter. It wasn't like she was going to say anything more to him anyway. Although I feel like I have met that guy before...but when? And where?

Shaking her head, Lily gave directions to her Togekiss so that she wouldn't accidentally fly off in the completely opposite flight route. Within about five or so minutes, they were hovering above the Ice Gym that belonged to Zachariah.

When she touched down, Lily quickly recalled the Jubilee Pokemon and knocked on the door of the Gym. "Hello? Zachariah?" Lily called, while peering through the glass door, only to find that all of the lights were off and the door was locked. "Are you kidding me? He's out?"

Shaking her head, Lily then sat down onto the ground next to the glass door, before calling out her Togekiss and Gengar out of their Pokeball so that she could kill some time. Hopefully it doesn't take 30 years for him to come back.

View attachment 107687

@F0X @LimeyPanda @IntrusivePenDesperateSword

[/fieldbox]
The studio, or at least the entrance, looked nicely enough. Thankfully to him, the person seemingly running the place, or at least assisting in doing so, heard and answered him. He hadn't really thought of that they might have had a walk-in policy. He considered it for a moment, before abruptly remembering the gym battle.

A mere few days ago, he battled with a trainer. Just the regular stuff, until he suddenly realized he had an appointment at the time. While not exactly in line with the rules for being a gym leader, he cancelled the match, and left early. He still felt sorry for it to this day, though thankfully remembered to schedule another battle with the trainer whenever he had a day off. Which, as he thought about it, probably was today.

Jerking his head up in surprise, not taking too much notice of the studio owner's eerie appearance, he pulled up a note, then scribbled down a date, time, and a name - his own. "A reservation, please. Sorry, I'd have to leave in such a hurry, but I got to return to my gym." Turning yet again on his heels, he sped out the studio and down the road towards the ice-laced building he called his workplace.

Indeed, there was someone outside the gym, sitting together with two Pokémon, assumably their own. Although, to Zachariah's surprise, it wasn't the trainer he faced the other day. It was a woman, one he felt he had seen before somewhere. Though he was terrible with names, so approaching her, all he said was "Hello! I'm Zachariah, can I help you?" with his commonplace smile.

@Clyde @Yatagarasu

caFzFcX.png

The day started like any other, with Tori being dragged from her bed with the combined efforts of her Gardevoir and Gallade. Mornings never were her specialty, and she would much rather stay in the comfort of her pillows, but the pokemon tugging on her arms and legs made it rather difficult to stay asleep. "Fiiine I'm up." Tori mumbled, before making a final attempt at returning to her slumber.
-a few minutes later-
Now up and ready for the day, Tori wandered to the main part of the gym, where trainers that had gotten past the previous four challenged her. To her surprise, there was someone here already, a male with a black cloak, and though she couldn't see his face, he seemed familiar. Squeezing her stuffed bear, she stepped forward. "Can I help you?" The male laughed, or rather snickered, and made a comment under his breath about her bear, though she couldn't quiet make it out. "I'm not sure if you can help me, I'm looking for a challenge." Tori sighed, so it was another challenger, of course.
-after the battle-
The battle had ended in her favor, but had been extremely close. The challenger didn't stick around for long, only giving a comment on 'how strong she had become since he last saw her' before vanishing out the doors. Tori noticed something odd during the battle however, her Gallade was actually listening to her, was it finally coming around to acknowledge her as the leader? Not likely. After a moments more of thought, she gathered up her team, and headed for the pokemon center.

Last edited:
Daniel woke up late again . . . . well, it wasn't uncommon for the pokemon historian to stay up for hours working on some legends and recording them in his journal until he fell asleep at his desk surrounded by his work. Sparky looked at its ( her) trainer and pointed to her mouth. He had once again forgot to set out the pokemon food and he went to go and do that and sent them out to eat. Chansey gave him a look, as she ate and he brewed his coffee and took a sip. He really needed to get on the gym challenge since he was also a trainer and had heard rumors of this team Power, but first, he had to go and get his pokemon pictures taken. He had promised them and waited for all of them to finish before returning to their pokeballs as Sparky climbed onto his arm. " To the studio we go," he said, scratching his beard as he walked there. He really needed a shave, but he was much too lazy to do that. As he walked in, he noticed that the place was empty. " Excuse me, I would like my pokemons picture taken," he said.

trainercard-result

@Clyde

Reactions: Noctis the Devious

jJiP0l5.png

[/fieldbox]
"Now that's a voice I haven't heard in a long time..." Rory says, looking up and smiling slightly "If it's not the young prodigy himself" he says, hoisting himself up slightly "So, you here for the peace? I mean, town's pretty much dead right now" he says, gesturing about slowly "Only reason we can speak so openly about my job, y'know?" he chuckles and clasps his hand firmly on the Normal Type Gym Leader's shoulder for a moment "So, how's Andre been? I trust he's been getting his fill of beauty sleep?"

He laughs gently and looks around for a moment, his smile vanishing as he sighs "Ah, who am I kidding, this place is dead because of Team Power, not many trainers have the strength to face Team Power, and the Gym Leaders...So many of their goons have taken to lurking just off the routes between the towns. Even those who can beat the gyms end up getting jumped" he frowns and shakes his head slowly "I would patrol the paths myself, if I didn't have to run the gym"

trainercard-result

@LimeyPanda

Gold was patient with the woman in front of him, despite her clear choice to all but ignore him currently. It was the man to his right that irritated him to the point where one eye twitched, almost imperceptibly. The woman had managed to come into contact with team power, and if he was lucky a possible lead to find more of them. The gym leader had no such thing, and therefore was a waste of time.
"Perhaps the law enforcement should have been present when a pair of power grunts broke the system they're supposed to enforce. Now if you'll excuse me, I was trying to have a polite conversation before you butted in."
Gold let out a sigh and sat in a chair near the young woman.
"Sorry about that--my name is Gold. I was wondering if you managed to glean any information from those two ruffians before they hauled ass."

2Pp4nOO.png

Everlyn Voronis, Champion of Seloh

Everlyn watched all her Pokemon eat their ice cream, and Everlyn had just finished her own ice cream. However, she was expecting Wannyan to join her. It seems she must have gotten caught up in something or other, Everlyn not even able to spot her at this point. She shrugged it off, pulling out her phone and looked over her emails and texts. Nothing important yet. She let out a small sigh, deciding that she should head home and change out of her cosplay and put on some normal clothes. She couldn't wear her Delphox outfit all the time, no matter how much she enjoyed it. None the less, she let her Pokemon finish their treat before calling all but Salamence back, who she then hopped up on the table so she could jump onto Salamence's back. She gave her neck a rub, but before long the two took flight aiming back towards home.

The Champion got there in no time at all, Salamence landing on the ground with a loud roar. The door opened as Slowking pushed them open with his Psychic power. Everlyn gave him a thankful nod, then recalled her Salamence back to her Pokeball. Eve made her way inside, heading up the stairs of her large and impressive home, slipping into her bedroom as she took off her clothes. She hung up her Delphox outfit and got something a little more "normal". She put on some dark blue jeans that held her curves quite well,, her black boots, a red V neck and her black cardigan that flowed down to her ankles. She had her power bracelet on her wrist, and wore a back up powerstone on an elegant necklace she liked to wear. She still wore her black and white collar on her neck, and decided to put on her Pokeball holster on her hip, slipping her 6 pokeballs into it. She ran her fingers through her hair in the mirror, smiling in satisfaction at her look. She decided that she should go and do something with her day, the one challenger that she had defeated wouldn't be challenging her again until tomorrow. She tilted her head back and forth as she thought of what to do, but she still wasn't quite sure. Finally, she decided that she would head to Bardney, having not been there in a while, it'd be nice to see the city that has the most variety of pokemon events. Who knows, maybe she'll meet some eager challengers who wish to fight her before making their way to the top.

So, before long she was in the air once more upon the back of her Salamence, her eyes scanning down on the ground below as she leaned forward, hugging her Salamence's neck as they flew along. It wasn't long until she and her beautiful Dragon were in the city, smiling as she looked all around. However, her smile didn't last long as she heard a bit of screaming coming off from the distance. It sounded like it was coming from the Pokemon Center, thus she whistled for Salamance to pick her up, carrying her to the source of the noise as with great haste.

trainercard-result

[spoili]@LimeyPanda @IntrusivePenDesperateSword @Aergia @GlassTrinity @Ruby. @Clyde @Gwazi Magnum @DapperDogman @Sen @Opal @Mahariel @Maxim @Noctis the Devious @Ixidor92 @Princess Poisoned Rose @LuckycoolHawk9@derelict_lilyflower [/spoili]

The day started like any other, with Tori being dragged from her bed with the combined efforts of her Gardevoir and Gallade. Mornings never were her specialty, and she would much rather stay in the comfort of her pillows, but the pokemon tugging on her arms and legs made it rather difficult to stay asleep. "Fiiine I'm up." Tori mumbled, before making a final attempt at returning to her slumber.
-a few minutes later-
Now up and ready for the day, Tori wandered to the main part of the gym, where trainers that had gotten past the previous four challenged her. To her surprise, there was someone here already, a male with a black cloak, and though she couldn't see his face, he seemed familiar. Squeezing her stuffed bear, she stepped forward. "Can I help you?" The male laughed, or rather snickered, and made a comment under his breath about her bear, though she couldn't quiet make it out. "I'm not sure if you can help me, I'm looking for a challenge." Tori sighed, so it was another challenger, of course.
-after the battle-
The battle had ended in her favor, but had been extremely close. The challenger didn't stick around for long, only giving a comment on 'how strong she had become since he last saw her' before vanishing out the doors. Tori noticed something odd during the battle however, her Gallade was actually listening to her, was it finally coming around to acknowledge her as the leader? Not likely. After a moments more of thought, she gathered up her team, and headed for the pokemon center.
noblesse_by_kawacy-d9uclpk.jpg

[BCOLOR=#ff0000] -TEAM POWER HAS COME-[/BCOLOR]
The Unit looked around as they tried to plan their next hit. There was a lot of vulnerable people in this city, so many lowlifes who didn't realize how important having the most powerful and supreme pokemon was. One of the members pointed out a woman who was on their "Important Figures" list, miss Tori Hata, the Psychic Gym Leader. He smirked, giving the rest of the group the signal to move on to the next location while he moved out to show his stuff. He was going to show the Admins just how great he was!! Just how dedicated he was to the might that was Team Power! He slid in front of the woman, holding out his Ultra Ball with a red "U" rather than a yellow one. He called out to the woman and said, [BCOLOR=#ff0000]"Halt!! You shall feel the might of Team Power! Face me now, or relinquish your Pokemon for the use of our greatness! Give up or perish!!"[/BCOLOR] He let out a cackle, and then made another step forward as he sent out his Krookodile, which let out a loud roar and then started to make aggressive motions towards the Gym Leader. Its claws are out, teeth bared, and tale waging slowly as it prepared for a Pokemon to come forward and face it. Otherwise... It would head for the woman instead!!!

--After the Battle--

The Team Power Grunt was most certainly shocked that he lost to the girl holding a teady bear! The battle looked so good for him after getting rid of her Gardevoir, but it seemed to go down hill once her Espeon hit the battlefield. He cried out, [BCOLOR=#ff0000]"Don't you worry!! I'll be back, and I'll show you that Team Power is the greatest!!"[/BCOLOR] He quickly ran away, not realizing that the wind caught hold of a note that was in his pocket. He knew when defeated it was best to turn tail and fight another day than get caught by the authorities. He was gone in a flash, blending into the crowd as they all yelped, running as fast as he could to flee the scene.

Last edited:
@LuckycoolHawk9

[BCOLOR=transparent] "A reservation, please. Sorry, I'd have to leave in such a hurry, but I got to return to my gym."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Did he actually know how reservations worked?. As Ansel was now looking at a piece of paper with irritation, but the kid had ran off towards his gym. The kid behaved like he didn't have any other clients, just often they reserved for early morning or mid afternoon. Before Ansel could tell the kid he couldn't just accept a random reservation that didn't respect his other client's reservations someone else walked into the picture shop.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ansel first impression was not being impressed at all, a man with a sloppy beard and a rather lazy expression in his eyes had stumbled into his shop. If Ansel didn't know any better he would have called the man a hobo, but he was use to the hiking type to walk in here lookin like a mess.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Excuse me, I would like my Pokemon's picture taken," [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I mean why else would someone walk into a Pokemon photograph shop? Ansel thought to himself, well other than maybe to buy the frames. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We can certainly do that for you," Ansel told the man, "Your name? And what kind of shots will we be doing if you come over to the kiosk you can choose your setting. Of course some are more premium than others."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Whenever he said anything like that, he both heard his father, and almost felt like he wanted to vomit. The lines were so awful for him to say, but he feigned a smile and pretended to be a professional. That's all professionals were in the first place. Just really good at bullshit.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kiosk Information[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Basic Background - 100 P - The basic background was of a blue sky and several cute little buildings. With some pretty little green trees. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Day at a Beach - 200 P- A basic background with a blue sky and a beach, with pretty little waves. Popular with customers.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Custom Backgrounds Using Kiosk - 500 P - Using the kiosk you can build your own back drop, we provide you all the customizable tools you need.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]None of it was in his words. He would have had called them garbage holographic backdrop number one, even worse holographic backdrop number 2, and the shit you create sucks backdrop number 3. He wanted to go outside and wanted to take people to prime locations. He wanted to not play this stupid, dumb game. Pretending to be happy, but knowing full well he wasn't complete.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"As you can see we have affordable prices," another bullshit line he just spilled out because that's what professionals were suppose to do. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Meanwhile,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At the Pokemon Center Cole was registering for Seloh's Pokemon Coordinator Contest. It was interesting arriving here, interesting because Cole didn't exist to the main public. Though his Pokemon often did, for those who did watch the Pokemon contest it was an awkward realization that he had no presence as an individual. It seemed Razor was enjoying himself, his black sunglasses were gleaming in the sun as he was towering over everyone in the Pokemon center. Only to growl at them enthusiastically. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roowaur," Razor greeted the crowded excitedly. There was some nervous anticipation from his competition as they nervously stared at the energetic Krookodile.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I wonder who's Pokemon that is," the question a hard realization. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry," he said quietly, "He can…get a little carried away."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Razor didn't agree with this statement because he roared in protest and then nuzzled Cole. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I know you don't agree, but everyone else is staring," he said shifting uncomfortably, and looking around nervously.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Roowaur Waur Waur [They are staring at me, not you]" of course it had to behave liked a brazened child about this.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes, yes, let's go explore the town," Cole told Razor, Razor agreed. Cole apologized one more time before heading out of the center and into town. What should they do?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Where should we go?" Cole asked Razor.[/BCOLOR]

Daniel felt so stupid for saying that. Why else would anyone come to a photograph shop for something to happen? He sighed a whole lot feeling stupid.

Daniel looked at him and took a deep breath. " Daniel Harris," he said, as he remembered back when just saying his name brought everyone's attention to him and wanting to battle him or be interested in his research.

He wondered if he had gotten those lines from a family member who couldn't market to save their life and he wondered what else to say. He assumed the smile was keeping it professional and it seemed that he was very good at that too and he looked over at the kiosk too.

Such a simple name for it.

Daniel eyed the three backgrounds and saw that none of them felt real and he wasn't one to go for cheap things that were worthless to him. He remembered how he once got a photo outside of the cave and it was one of his favorite. He looked at him and he eyed their man before deciding to say it. " These all suck, they lack the rawness, the realness of everything," he said, digusted by his choices.

" I can tell that you also seem upset, so why are you running it here?" He asked, as Sparky eyed the photographer, not happy either it seemed.

@Clyde

@LuckycoolHawk9

[BCOLOR=transparent] "Daniel Harris,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was at least a simple name, if there was something Ansel could appreciate is that the name was simple. Ansel could appreciate simple for once in his life, none of his customer were ever simple, they were often far from it. Though Ansel got the feeling the man was looking for more of a reaction to the name. Was Ansel suppose to know this man's reputation? [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ansel Flash, it's a pleasure to meet you sir," Ansel said as the man began to inspect the kiosk. Awful, wasn't it? A design market made by his father who lacked vision, who lacked imagination or creativity. His father leeched off the creativity of others and it showed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I can tell that you also seem upset, so why are you running it here?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The question came as a surprise to Ansel, he was taken aback by the question. Why was he so surprised someone would have finally asked him that question? Because he was being blackmailed into it. Except that wasn't quite the answer he was willing to share to a random stranger. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So he forced a laugh instead.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"My customers have such interesting things to say," Ansel said, "I run it here because I admire the sheer creativity this city pours out."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Except all he ever saw was pretentious pieces of artwork, and that also meant his very own as well. Pidgeot was still on the counter watching the exchange between the two of them. Ansel only side glanced Pidgeot, who side glanced him. [/BCOLOR]

Natalie Tabitha Darwin
300259_trainercard-Natalie.png

Anson City || Outfit
Local Pond » Meow Meowth Café (Outside)
Mood: Wistful » Peeved » Hungry
Interaction: Selyne - @Princess Poisoned Rose
Mention: General

"Good morning Nat."

Natalie glanced up and grinned at her fellow pink haired woman and her small entourage, and greeted her in turn, "Hey, my second favorite ranger! Come to ogle the spread with me?" She winked at a nearby waiter, the same one who had taken her order, as leaned over to clear a table. He caught her look and frowned looking all that impressed. Well, if you wore Meowth ears and a tail, the least you could expect is to be sexualized if only a little. "I do love me my themed cafés. I hear they have an awesome cosplay café up in Bardney. Must be because all of the contests they hold. But yeah, seriously, it's good to a friendly face. The first lady I talked to was by the pond just outside of town, and the only thing she was on about was how much my Steelix was bothering everyone. There wasn't even that many people coming up the route!" She huffed and forked another piece of crepe. "Some people."

She let her eyes roam her surroundings. With the waiter finished with his little chore they were the only ones out on the café's patio, but there weren't very many inside either. "Speaking of which, does this place seem kind of dead to you? It seems like the only people who are out and about are challengers and new arrivals. Kind of odd, don't you think?"

caFzFcX.png

Luckily the psychic gym was not located too far from the pokemon center, a five minute walk if you took your time to look around. Walking in she avoided eye contact with the trainers gathered around, most sharing information with each-other, and gave her pokeball's to the chansey assisting the nurse. It didn't take long for the familiar 'ding' as the chansey wheeled her pokemon back out, which she quickly gathered up and thanked the chansey before hurrying out. More often than not she wished she could just ask the nurse to come to the gym so she could avoid everyone who always gathered at the center. Perhaps she should look for an assistant, she had heard of other gym leaders who had people that did stuff for them.

Upon leaving the center, a male moved in front of her path holding out an ultra ball with an odd coloring, which she almost walked right into, stumbling backwards to avoid the crash. "Halt!! You shall feel the might of Team Power! Face me now, or relinquish your Pokemon for the use of our greatness! Give up or perish!!" He sounded rather rude, and to try and take her pokemon, did he not know who she was? Well, she had a reputation to uphold, and not just her own, but that of her family, so she certainly wouldn't back down.

-after the Battle-

Her espeon had seemed rather mad at her attacker, and single-handedly took out the majority of his team where the rest of her team had failed. After he ran off, she reached down and gave the pokemon a hug, showing her appreciation, though it's rage seemed to pass once the attacker was out of sight, as it quickly returned to it's pokeball. "enjoy your rest espeon, you really deserved it." she spoke, before feeling a tug on her dress and looking to her meowstic. It held a small piece of paper, that she assumed her attacker had dropped.

• "Charlie, we need to head to the mountains, catch some more Pokemon for the boss. There's a few Tyranitar that are on the move, ready to be caught. Head there with the team to assist in catching of the Pokemon. Remember, find one of the Teleporters to get back to the base. We aren't gonna be leaving any trails. See you later." -Admin Tormin

"We should probably take this to officer jenny..." The meowstic at her side gave her a look of curiosity, before reverting to it's normal expression as she sighed. Tori hated being around people, and could barely go to the pokemon center and interact solely with the chansey, much less actually talk to an officer. "Well, first things first, I suppose it's time for another trip back to the pokemon center." Quickly returning the meowstic to it's pokeball, she went back into the center to once more give the chansey her team, somewhat embarrassed about needing to make use of the center twice in the same hour.

2Pp4nOO.png

Everlyn Voronis, Champion of Seloh

Everlyn saw a battle going on and she seemed to be catching the very tail end of it! She saw what looked like a team power member running off into the crowd, and she tried to keep an eye on him, but sadly before long he was lost in the crowd. She was still quite a ways away, and she scoffed in anger, but decided that she should go and talk to the trainer who was involved. As she got closer, she realized it wasn't a trainer at all, it was Gym Leader Tori! She should have known that Tori would have been able to hold them off, defeat them. She was a Gym Leader after all, one of the best around. She let Salamance drop her off close to the Pokemon Center before recalling her back to her Pokeball.

The Champion waited outside, and as Tori came back out, she stopped her, giving the girl a warm smile as she rested her hand on Tori's shoulder. "Hey! Great job showing that Team Power Goon what's up! I'm glad you're okay though.. I know that Team Power can be really hostile. I guess we're lucky he didn't have additional backup. Did.. You happen to get a look to where he was going? If we had more information it might help me track them down... I swear I long for the day I can just crush whoever is in charge of Team Power under my boot!" She let out a small huff, then tossed her hand into her hair to throw it over her shoulder. Eve let out a calm breath, then took a few steps back to give Tori some space. Then she turned to see a variety of different trainers and people smiling and cheering for Tori. Everlyn smiled, turning back to the Psychic Gym Leader and said, "See... Us winning against them shows that we can be strong, it inspires others to train harder, to work to be the best they can to stop them once and for all."

Everlyn took a few steps away, and she heard a few people call out to her, wanting autographs. She sighed, nodded her head and signed a few pieces. She smiled at them, letting out a small breath and then looked up, her hand resting on her collar as the day was starting to become more stressful. She wanted to help more, more than she already had but... So far she felt that Team Power was two steps ahead all the time. Soon she hoped they could gain a lead that would help them in the future, longing to rid Seloh of Team Power once and for all.

The Champion turned to Tori, her fans giving her some space as they headed out to do their own tasks for their own lives. Eve gave the girl a smile, then nodded to her and said, "If.. You need anything Tori, you can always ask." She smirked a bit, then found a tree to lean against, enjoying the shade as she looked around to all the different people going from place to place, her red eyes scanning them as if they'd have some secret code she wasn't aware about.

Fox.png

[spoili] @Ruby. @DapperDogman @Sen @Opal @Mahariel @LimeyPanda [/spoili]

Daniel was very simple to remember as he had a name that was easy to roll off the tongue and made most people remember him too. He looked at him and noticed that he was certain that he wanted to react to his name but couldn't. He wasn't well known about anything except recording the history in a small series of books that he carried with him.

He was surprised by the name that the man had given him as he was scrolling through the kiosk, but his mind was too focused on his expression and the horrible backgrounds to make any more comments before he asked the question that was sure to catch the man's attention.

He noted the surprise on the man's face and he didn't say a word either and that was something else for that to be true. He was going to deflect, he had a gut feeling that he was that type of person who wouldn't answer his question. He didn't even know why he bothered to ask him either.

The laugh felt unnatural to him.

Daniel eyed him and he didn't believe that. There was nothing interesting to him in the city and nothing poured from this city either.

Sparky looked at her master and he nodded. He could get a better photo by himself out on the road before he would get one here. " I have to get going, thanks for offering the picture, but the style and everything is just not my type either," he said, going to leave. " You can battle and try to stop me if you want," he muttered under his breath.

@Clyde

[BCOLOR=transparent]A Collab from Clyde and @LuckycoolHawk9 [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]He could see the discontent on Daniel's face, of course he was discontent with this lackluster, watered version of what he had originally planned for his Studio. He wanted to take people out to the locale to popular sights, personal places. Now he was showing the holographic backdrops. And he didn't blame Daniel turning around towards the door.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]" I have to get going, thanks for offering the picture, but the style and everything is just not my type either,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He wholeheartedly agreed, it was perfumed with the aroma of pretentious art work. It screamed for a makeover. It screamed to be burned down. Though he caught under Daniel's breath, " You can battle and try to stop me if you want,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ansel's heart began to flutter, he hadn't battled in how long since he got here? He could feel Pidgeot even began to burn with passionate excitement. The both of them eager to take on the challenge, but also very hesitant from the crippling impression it would leave on his relationship with his father. He struggled only for a second, but rather hastily and rashly said, "I accept battling you."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was the first time a genuine smile crept on his face, "And if you win. I'll take your Pokemon's photos for free."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pidgeot agreed to this with a war cry and stretched out his wings. Perhaps, though, they were overzealous about it. The battle was over in a short few rounds, his rust was apparent, though he didn't care that he lost he was far more than excited right now. His blood pumping. He hadn't felt this alive in a while. Here was someone not praising him for his work or here for the quality of his old work, but the quality of his new work. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So, do I still need to pick from the crummy backgrounds?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Overzealous and hasty actions had him realizing two things. One, he had used rain dance in his studio, everything was drenched. He hoped the kiosk machine was waterproof otherwise he wasn't sure how to explain the damage to it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I keep my word, we'll take the photos wherever you like," Ansel scratched the back of his head, "Besides I think my machine is broken."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He gave a small nervous laugh.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]" Well, I guess the Rain Dance did that, perhaps right in front of my house if you don't mind," [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"An acceptable request, let me grab my equipment," Ansel replied, though turning around to his tired team, "Thank you for the hard work I'm sorry I put you through this."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But Pidgeot protested. He knew why it protested, it was excited and thrilled despite them losing the battle his team felt more life than they ever did.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Wooorooowooo," Pidgeot called out to Daniel, which Ansel presumed was a thank you.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"First we should go the center though, over half my team is down and is not photo ready and I left the revives at home."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'll go grab my camera and equipment and meet you there," Ansel said, quickly moving away from the camera. Something primal, like a child exploring or discovering for the first time, was emerging from him. When Daniel left, Ansel ran up the stairs. Pidgeot was eager to follow, excitedly flapping it's wings probably being a bit overzealous with the gustiness of its wing flapping though.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As he headed up towards his bedroom, he saw Cherrim had wandered back. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I need a Sunny Day emergency downstairs befor water ruins everything," [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Boinp Boinp," Cherrim swayed side to side nodding with the order. As he quickly ran into his office and began grabbing his outside camera and bag. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thanks, I'm taking the team to the Pokemon Center," Ansel said running past with his bag, he saw most of them were starting to come back around. They looked at him eagerly, "Yes we're all going outside."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They all cried out with excitement and followed him out of the store. Taking the key he locked it, and put the be back soon sign up. He took being controlled in public serious though, trying hard not to show any of his previous excitement. Heading towards the Pokemon center to meet with Daniel once again. [/BCOLOR]

Daniel took a deep breath as he headed towards the pokemon center. Hopefully, he wouldn't run into anyone else who wanted to battle him and that was saying something. His pokemon weren't alive enough to destroy Team Power and his spares weren't on him, but in the box. Thankfully, he made it to the Pokemon center where he placed all but Chansey to be healed. Chansey was fine and needed no pp or moves, so he didn't bother to do it. He waited for Ansel in there as the Chansey healed his pokemon. @Clyde

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.