The Adventures of Arya and The Doctor! [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
//ooc: @Joellie Sure go right ahead and start up some stuff for ol' Smithy to deal with. He's still in Siegfried's manor, in the kitchen, trying to make a cure with all those herbs. I'll react to it. :3 You're welcome to practice GMing skills in this any time you want. Enjoy starting season 6 next. ;)

When Arya recognized the device as a tool The Doctor used, the janitor frowned. "It's not a magic stick! Control your daft imagination, girl. It's a screwdriver. And I have it because... uh... he gave it to me so that I could use it to help you." He frowned when he heard Arya tell him not to leave her sword behind, picking it up so he could take it with him. "A weapon to kill really shouldn't be put in my hands," he said, almost darkly, before he began to climb up the boxes after Arya. The boxes shook a little from his weight being a bit heavier than hers, but he eventually made it to the top with her.

"Right, now then, onto our second task," he extended Arya's sword to her and gestured to Arya hoping she would give him back the screwdriver. "We're going to head for my-- I mean, "The Doctor's" TARDIS. I assume he told you about it by now? That will be our means of escape from this godforsaken place." He glanced behind them, seeing more shadows heading their way. "But we must hurry or those things will find us."
Arya peeked outside through the window while letting the janitor ramble and complain, not paying any mind to his words, most of which she couldn't understand anyway. She felt the boxes start to shake a little bit when the man started climbing on top, making her look back inside to look at him. "Careful!" she called out to him, keeping as close to the wall as she could, refusing to look down for even a second.

She took back her sword and handed over the screwdriver, but not before doing one last thing. For no real reason, she pointed it at the man and pressed the button for a few seconds, with the intent of finding out who he was. The answer just suddenly popped up in her head, as if she just remembered it. "Your name isn't John Smith." After that, she continued to press the button, screwdriver pointed at the man, for as long as he would allow. "... Why won't it tell me your real name?" she asked.

Meanwhiiiiiile...

Siegfried, who had been trying to help out the Doctor by bringing him whatever he needed, was reading one of his books on the sofa until he heard noises from outside. After finding out what its source was, he quickly lowered the blinds and locked the door, then ran over to the kitchen.

"Sir. We are surrounded by Shadows. Some idiot must have let them in somehow... I think they might have s-" He was interrupted by the sound of his window shattering. "Yes... They've seen me. I suggest you take whatever you need and we leave, quickly. We can go upstairs and jump down behind the house through the window, I'm sure they're all near the front. Or we could hide in the basement and hope they pass. What say you, sir Doctor?"

Surprised when Arya used his screwdriver to scan him, the man quickly swapped the tool away from her, going completely silent as he looked at his screwdriver. He put it away and wouldn't look Arya in the eye after she spoke. "There's no time for names now. We need to get to the TARDIS. We can talk later." Of course, he obviously didn't plan on talking with her later. He was changing the subject for a reason. He didn't really want Arya to find out who he was, to find out that he was actually The Doctor who came after her current version of him.

"And that screwdriver won't tell you my name because it's none of your business, little human girl. Just focus your scrawny mind and we can get on with our lives, eh?" He had erased his own name from many records, which was probably why Arya couldn't get a read on it. Besides, he was better off not being known. He was very lonely, yes, but at least the people he cared about could be kept safe without him in their lives. It was much better that way.

The path ahead of them was clear, but the shadows were still approaching them from behind. "The TARDIS is straight ahead in the woods. All we have to do is outrun the shadows."

------

The Doctor still stood at the window, mouth hanging open when Siegfried entered the room. "I've noticed," he replied flatly, trying to think of what he should do next. "Well, how high is the jump from the upstairs window? If you can survive it, escaping might be our best bet. Besides, I need to go into a room and look for a new fez to wear a backpack to carry these supplies in. Plus, If I jump out a window I get to yell "Geronimo!" which will make Doctor very happy." The Doctor rushed over to some of the herbs he had been working on, wrapping them up as best he could in a table cloth on the kitchen table, handing a couple of the items that couldn't fit over to Siegfried. "All right, let's get out of here."

@Joellie

Arya was fed up with the way this man was talking to her. It wasn't like she was treated with tons of respect by everyone she met throughout her entire life, but this person could at least be a little less rude. And she felt like he needed a reminder, which is why she slapped him right across the face, interrupting him while he told her the location of the TARDIS. "Stop talking to me like that!" she ordered him, giving him a stern look. "You're being rude!"

Continuing to stare at him for a few moments, she then silently took her sword, threw it through the window and crawled through after it, looking around to make sure the coast was clear.

-----------

Siegfried was waiting for the Doctor in his bedroom when he arrived, carryng his things. He took whatever the man gave him. "Do not take too many things, sir Doctor. We will likely have to be swift in our escape."

When the two of them were both ready, Siegfried walked over to his window and opened it up, looking down through it. "Yes, it is as I believed, it looks like a small five meter drop to the ground. Careful not to land on your face, sir!" Siegfried jokingly warned him, climbing through the window to sit on the edge.

"I shall see you downstairs!" He called out before dropping himself. It took less than a second for him to hit the ground, proceeding to roll over once in order to soften his landing a little. "I am alright, sir!" He called out to the window. "But do be careful, you're carrying more luggage than I am!"

After Siegfried warned him, the Doctor could hear the blinds downstairs breaking down. The Shadows were inside, there wasn't any time and no way back.

The future Doctor wasn't surprised in the slightest when Arya slapped him. In fact, he was actually slapped a lot. He was a bit ruder now, but sometimes he couldn't help himself from speaking his mind. However, other times he could control himself and simply chose not to. It was easier to be rude and drive people away than it was to be nice to them and make more friends he might have to worry about in the future. He touched his cheek with a frown when she slapped him retorting with, "You call my behavior rude? You're the one who was holding us up by standing here and coming up with silly questions to ask me. If you valued your life, you'd run for the hills with me quickly!"

When they left the window, The Doctor began to run toward the woods with Arya. "Listen, the TARDIS is sitting on a sandy spot in the very middle of the woods, so that's where we're going," he explained as the two of them made their way along. When they arrived to where the TARDIS was, The Doctor frowned, furring his angry eyebrows. The TARDIS wasn't just sitting on sand. It was sitting on quicksand! And about half of it was already buried.

Cursing, The Doctor ran over to his TARDIS, unsure what to do. "New plan. You hold off the shadows while I figure out how the heck I'm going to get this box out of the sand," he said, taking out his screwdriver to scan the half-hurried box.

------------

"Don't fret, I'm only taking what I need. These items are important. Without them, I won't be able to make a cure for this shadow plague," The Doctor explained before heading out of the bedroom with Siegfried. He rushed over to the window, nodding when Siegfried jumped and assured him that he was all right. "Very well, I'm coming down myself so step back."

The Doctor backed away from the window, trying to ignore the sound of shadows that had broken into the house. There really was no turning back now. Once he had backed far enough away from the window, The Doctor made a running jump out of it.

"Geronimo!"

He landed right on his feet like a cat. This landing would likely have caused any ordinary man to break the bones in his legs, but thankfully The Doctor was no ordinary man. "I'm all right, time lords are sturdy," he assured Siegfried. Besides, he was still within the first day of his regeneration. He could heal himself if he needed to. "Now then, we need to get out of here. Do you know anywhere safe we can go? I need to find a place where I can finish this cure and safely contact Arya."

@Joellie

The future Doctor wasn't surprised in the slightest when Arya slapped him. In fact, he was actually slapped a lot. He was a bit ruder now, but sometimes he couldn't help himself from speaking his mind. However, other times he could control himself and simply chose not to. It was easier to be rude and drive people away than it was to be nice to them and make more friends he might have to worry about in the future. He touched his cheek with a frown when she slapped him retorting with, "You call my behavior rude? You're the one who was holding us up by standing here and coming up with silly questions to ask me. If you valued your life, you'd run for the hills with me quickly!"

When they left the window, The Doctor began to run toward the woods with Arya. "Listen, the TARDIS is sitting on a sandy spot in the very middle of the woods, so that's where we're going," he explained as the two of them made their way along. When they arrived to where the TARDIS was, The Doctor frowned, furring his angry eyebrows. The TARDIS wasn't just sitting on sand. It was sitting on quicksand! And about half of it was already buried.

Cursing, The Doctor ran over to his TARDIS, unsure what to do. "New plan. You hold off the shadows while I figure out how the heck I'm going to get this box out of the sand," he said, taking out his screwdriver to scan the half-hurried box.

------------

"Don't fret, I'm only taking what I need. These items are important. Without them, I won't be able to make a cure for this shadow plague," The Doctor explained before heading out of the bedroom with Siegfried. He rushed over to the window, nodding when Siegfried jumped and assured him that he was all right. "Very well, I'm coming down myself so step back."

The Doctor backed away from the window, trying to ignore the sound of shadows that had broken into the house. There really was no turning back now. Once he had backed far enough away from the window, The Doctor made a running jump out of it.

"Geronimo!"

He landed right on his feet like a cat. This landing would likely have caused any ordinary man to break the bones in his legs, but thankfully The Doctor was no ordinary man. "I'm all right, time lords are sturdy," he assured Siegfried. Besides, he was still within the first day of his regeneration. He could heal himself if he needed to. "Now then, we need to get out of here. Do you know anywhere safe we can go? I need to find a place where I can finish this cure and safely contact Arya."

@Joellie
When they arrived at the blue box's location, Arya was already panting slightly. She didn't like running, especially not for longer than a short sprint, and she wasn't exactly used to running for her life from a swarm of insane creatures. When seeing the TARDIS sinking into the ground, she sighed. "Bloody great!" she cursed, sticking the blade of her sword into the ground and walking a few feet away from it. "What amazingly clever plan do you have now?" she asked the man, still unaware of his real identity. As long as this man was going to be rude to her, she wouldn't mind being a little unladylike herself.

When he did propose a new plan, Arya frowned, her mouth falling open a little bit with a surprised look in her eyes. "You expect me to hold them off by myself? There's at least..." She turned around and looked back. The shadows were still quite a distance back, but they were moving extremely fast. "... maybe ten or something there!"

She didn't care whether the man would answer or not, she wasn't expecting one anyway. So while he was scanning the police box, she groaned and walked back to Needle, pulling it out of the ground, then facing the oncoming swarm. "Well you better hurry up. I'll do what I can." she said, swallowing while keeping her eyes on the shadows. There might have been a lot of them, but Arya knew they would rush toward her mindlessly, which made them predictable and would hopefully help her somehow.

----------------

Siegfried looked at the Doctor as landed. It surprised him, but he looked fine, and he was even smiling again. "No matter how sturdy you think you are, sir Doctor, you won't survive once one of those creatures captures you." he warned him, turning his back and looking at the sky.

"Yes... The shield around the town is indeed down. The Shadows are flooding the town, Doctor, I don't think we will be truly safe anywhere." Siegfried was deep in thought, lowering his head for a moment and closing his eyes. "They must have had some sort of backup plan in case they got in..." he asked out loud, but more to himself than to the Doctor. "Perhaps we should leave town and try to find out why the shields are down, and then..." He paused for a moment, then sighed and shook his head. "Forget it, 't is a horrible plan. We must be off."

He was trying to avoid talking about Arya, but sighed when he saw the Doctor's face and realized he was still expecting an answer. "Forget about her, Doctor. I'm terribly sorry to say, but if she's out there alone with the shields down, she's likely dead already, no matter how much of a fighter she is. There's nothing any of us can do. Come on now, we musntn't stay too long." He put his hand on the Doctor's shoulder for a moment, then turned around and started running away.

The janitor "Doctor" took a step back from the hoard of shadows, eyes widening. He tapped his forehead, trying to think when Arya said that he'd better have a plan ready. "Oh, nothing comes to mind yet, but I'll think of something!" he huffed, trying really hard to think on his feet. His TARDIS was sinking in quick sand! He really wasn't sure what in the world he could do to get it out either unless he controlled it remotely from where he was standing. But it would... take time for the TARDIS to warm up in that case. And he would also have to reveal his identity in front of Arya so he could speak with the TARDIS' interface, which was something he really wanted to avoid.

He frowned though, looking back at the hoard of shadows. There were indeed about ten of them approaching--maybe more now--and he knew Arya couldn't hold them off for long. He cursed under his breath. He was going to hate himself for doing this later...

"Could you hold them off for, say, five minutes? It will take that long for me to control the TARDIS remotely," he explained to Arya. "I cannot do it any other way that I can think of. The doors of it are blocked from the sand, and there isn't much time to get it out if we need to make a quick escape. So just... do what you can!"

After he spoke to her, two shadows leapt at Arya! One at her legs and the other toward her head. She was going to have her hands full while the man took care of this, that was for sure.

The Doctor then turned and faced his TARDIS, taking out his sonic screwdriver and pointing it at the time machine. He pressed the button on the screwdriver and the green light at its tip blinked. After blinking for a couple of seconds, the time machine projected a hologram of it's interface--which currently looked like... Arya!

"You have activated the time and relative dimension in space emergency remote control system. Please confirm your identity."

He hesitated before saying, "The Doctor."

-------------------------

The Doctor grinned and gave Siegfried a silly, yet confident bow. "Oh, I wouldn't count on that." He balled up his fists and pretended to be boxing in mid-air like some kind of old fashioned New York gangster. He even jokingly changed his accent to sound slightly more brooklyn."See, if those things try to put their hands on me, I'll give 'em a wallop right in the ol' kisser!" He dropped the silly act after a moment though. Of course he wouldn't hurt them. He had a hard time hurting anyone or anything, even a fly.

When Siegfried mentioned leaving Arya behind--like the flip side of a coin--he was completely different. "I won't leave her behind," he said, sternly. "The Doctor doesn't leave anyone behind." He followed after Siegfried slowly, trying to think about what they should do next. "We either need to go up somewhere high so I can look for her, or we should go with the first plan you mentioned. It's not a bad plan. We could head into the laboratory and see why the shields went down. There might be somewhere safe to hide." Plus, that was the last place he had sent Arya. If there was any hope of finding her, she would likely be in there.

@Joellie

The janitor "Doctor" took a step back from the hoard of shadows, eyes widening. He tapped his forehead, trying to think when Arya said that he'd better have a plan ready. "Oh, nothing comes to mind yet, but I'll think of something!" he huffed, trying really hard to think on his feet. His TARDIS was sinking in quick sand! He really wasn't sure what in the world he could do to get it out either unless he controlled it remotely from where he was standing. But it would... take time for the TARDIS to warm up in that case. And he would also have to reveal his identity in front of Arya so he could speak with the TARDIS' interface, which was something he really wanted to avoid.

He frowned though, looking back at the hoard of shadows. There were indeed about ten of them approaching--maybe more now--and he knew Arya couldn't hold them off for long. He cursed under his breath. He was going to hate himself for doing this later...

"Could you hold them off for, say, five minutes? It will take that long for me to control the TARDIS remotely," he explained to Arya. "I cannot do it any other way that I can think of. The doors of it are blocked from the sand, and there isn't much time to get it out if we need to make a quick escape. So just... do what you can!"

After he spoke to her, two shadows leapt at Arya! One at her legs and the other toward her head. She was going to have her hands full while the man took care of this, that was for sure.

The Doctor then turned and faced his TARDIS, taking out his sonic screwdriver and pointing it at the time machine. He pressed the button on the screwdriver and the green light at its tip blinked. After blinking for a couple of seconds, the time machine projected a hologram of it's interface--which currently looked like... Arya!

"You have activated the time and relative dimension in space emergency remote control system. Please confirm your identity."

He hesitated before saying, "The Doctor."

-------------------------

The Doctor grinned and gave Siegfried a silly, yet confident bow. "Oh, I wouldn't count on that." He balled up his fists and pretended to be boxing in mid-air like some kind of old fashioned New York gangster. He even jokingly changed his accent to sound slightly more brooklyn."See, if those things try to put their hands on me, I'll give 'em a wallop right in the ol' kisser!" He dropped the silly act after a moment though. Of course he wouldn't hurt them. He had a hard time hurting anyone or anything, even a fly.

When Siegfried mentioned leaving Arya behind--like the flip side of a coin--he was completely different. "I won't leave her behind," he said, sternly. "The Doctor doesn't leave anyone behind." He followed after Siegfried slowly, trying to think about what they should do next. "We either need to go up somewhere high so I can look for her, or we should go with the first plan you mentioned. It's not a bad plan. We could head into the laboratory and see why the shields went down. There might be somewhere safe to hide." Plus, that was the last place he had sent Arya. If there was any hope of finding her, she would likely be in there.

@Joellie
Arya found herself being much too busy to pay attention to whatever was going on behind her. As she expected, the Shadows rushing at her weren't being too strategical about their attacks, they just ran wildly in hopes of being able to grab one of her limps. Luckily, being smaller and more agile than the creatures, she was able to sidestep the first few as they ran at her, after which she turned around and quickly drove her sword into the head of one of the creatures. She was about to finish the other one off when she heard footsteps from right behind her. Following her instincts, she ducked and smashed her back into it, throwing it over her, after which she finished up the first Shadow that was in the process of getting up.

Continuing to fight and hold them off as best as she could, more and more kept approaching, and she knew she wouldn't be able to keep it up for long. Then, she was distracted by the sound of her own voice coming from behind her. She turned her head, and there she saw herself. Whatever it was and however it was made, it looked exactly like her, only it was see-through and blue. Arya's mind was blown. And of course, when the man identified himself as the Doctor, her blown mind was blown once again. She was about to say something, but she had been distracted for much too long. A Shadow grabbed her leg, and with a quick shriek, she fell to the ground, desperately kicking and trying to get her foot out of its grip.

She was panicking now. Eventually she did manage to shake free from the creature's grip, after which she started crawling backwards on her back and tried to get up. As soon as she tried to however, she slowed down enough for a Shadow to grab her leg once again, and she screamed. "HELP ME ALREADY, YOU BLOODY IDIOT!"

----------------------------------

Siegfried couldn't understand how and why the Doctor was being so playful. He didn't think the man knew how serious and dangerous the situation actually was, with all those mindless creatures running around, wanting only to harm others. "I'm afraid punching won't help much, sir Doctor. It's kill or be killed if we don't find a way to stop them."

He ran into what he thought was the direction to the laboratory, keeping a careful eye around them. Panting slightly, he said: "We could lock them in here... Find some way to... get them all together in this town, and then lower the shields again... once we figure out how to do that." It might not look like too bad of a plan, but what would they use to lure them all together? And would it even be possible to enter the laboratory?

At that moment, two new sounds could be heard. The first came from behind the pair, out of the robot that was still following the Doctor. It was a transmission coming in front Atlas, the robot who was left behind in the laboratory, but it didn't make any sense at all. The only thing that could be heard was the scratching and groaning of the Shadows that had surrounded him, as well as its low pitched robotic voice.

"Physical damage detected. Calculating source... Source identified as: Shadow creatures. Shadow outbreak. Transmitting red alert in [SIXTY] seconds."
The other noise the Doctor could hear was gunshots. They were distant, but they were definitely there. It looks like the guards that were following Arya had finally woken up... At least, some of them.​

It took a few seconds before the interface responded as it processed the information given to it. Once it had finished, the machine spoke once again. "Identity confirmed," the TARDIS interface proclaimed, "State your command."

"Emergency remote control system activate," The Doctor said, turning his head over his shoulder in reaction to Arya's shout. "I'm working as fast as I can, child! Pipe down and let a man focus here!" he called back, biting his lower lip when he saw that the girl was indeed in danger. He tried not to worry himself though. He was from the future, after all, and knew that Arya didn't die here. They would make it out alive... at least, he hoped...

"Oh, yes!" The Doctor said, clenching a fist in victory. He had accomplished at least part of his plan. There was only one thing left to do now...

He took out his sonic screwdriver and pointed it an the TARDIS mentally commanding it to pull itself out of the quicksand. With a bit of a struggle, the TARDIS lifted itself out, groaning all the while as it always did in flight. The Doctor propelled the machine over their heads, watching it cast its shadow over the beasts attacking Arya.

"Now, girl, listen to me. I need you to make a dash for the closest tree. Climb it if you must, but at least use it to get yourself above the ground. Once you do that, I'll enact... Operation Pancake!" he exclaimed, not bothering to even mention to Arya what that could have meant.

--------------

The Doctor ran along after Siegfried in the direction of the laboratory as he exclaimed, "Yes! Siegfried, that's a brilliant idea! If we can trap them all, that will also make it that much easier for me to cure them once I figure out a way to finish this cure I've been working on." He narrowed his eyes, wondering how they would find a way to lure the shadows. He was against using other people as bait, but maybe he could use himself as bait? He wasn't sure. He still had time to figure it out, anyhow.

Shaking him out of his thoughts, however, The Doctor could hear his robot companion start to issue an alert. He frowned. That couldn't be good. The Doctor stopped running, spotting some of the guards ahead. They were shooting their guns, and they most certainly didn't look happy.

"Wait, Siegfried. We shouldn't go any further without protection. I'd rather not get shot," he said, wrinkling his nose. "Getting stabbed in the heart is enough for one day." He paused, tapping his forehead as he thought about what to do. "Arya killed some guards. We should look for their bodies and take away the body armor they're wearing so we can use it for ourselves. That's the best method of protection I can think of."

@Joellie

It took a few seconds before the interface responded as it processed the information given to it. Once it had finished, the machine spoke once again. "Identity confirmed," the TARDIS interface proclaimed, "State your command."

"Emergency remote control system activate," The Doctor said, turning his head over his shoulder in reaction to Arya's shout. "I'm working as fast as I can, child! Pipe down and let a man focus here!" he called back, biting his lower lip when he saw that the girl was indeed in danger. He tried not to worry himself though. He was from the future, after all, and knew that Arya didn't die here. They would make it out alive... at least, he hoped...

"Oh, yes!" The Doctor said, clenching a fist in victory. He had accomplished at least part of his plan. There was only one thing left to do now...

He took out his sonic screwdriver and pointed it an the TARDIS mentally commanding it to pull itself out of the quicksand. With a bit of a struggle, the TARDIS lifted itself out, groaning all the while as it always did in flight. The Doctor propelled the machine over their heads, watching it cast its shadow over the beasts attacking Arya.

"Now, girl, listen to me. I need you to make a dash for the closest tree. Climb it if you must, but at least use it to get yourself above the ground. Once you do that, I'll enact... Operation Pancake!" he exclaimed, not bothering to even mention to Arya what that could have meant.

--------------

The Doctor ran along after Siegfried in the direction of the laboratory as he exclaimed, "Yes! Siegfried, that's a brilliant idea! If we can trap them all, that will also make it that much easier for me to cure them once I figure out a way to finish this cure I've been working on." He narrowed his eyes, wondering how they would find a way to lure the shadows. He was against using other people as bait, but maybe he could use himself as bait? He wasn't sure. He still had time to figure it out, anyhow.

Shaking him out of his thoughts, however, The Doctor could hear his robot companion start to issue an alert. He frowned. That couldn't be good. The Doctor stopped running, spotting some of the guards ahead. They were shooting their guns, and they most certainly didn't look happy.

"Wait, Siegfried. We shouldn't go any further without protection. I'd rather not get shot," he said, wrinkling his nose. "Getting stabbed in the heart is enough for one day." He paused, tapping his forehead as he thought about what to do. "Arya killed some guards. We should look for their bodies and take away the body armor they're wearing so we can use it for ourselves. That's the best method of protection I can think of."

@Joellie
"Pipe down?! PIPE DOWN?! I'M ABOUT TO BECOME SOMEONE'S MEAL, YOU IMBECILE!" Arya screamed at the man.

Still completely clueless about what he was planning, she continued struggling in an attempt to escape the Shadow still clutching her leg, trying to bite it. She was panicking way too much, knowing death was only a few inches away from her now. Kicking over and over again, Arya hit the creature in the chin a few times, but it was like these things didn't know pain, because it kept a tight grip on her leg.

However, when the box pulled itself out of the ground and started hovering above the group of Shadows, most of them seemed to be distracted at least momentarily. Arya herself was speechless, staring at it as it hovered above everyone. But luckily, she regained her sense quickly enough to react, pulling her leg free from the creature's grip, getting up as fast as she could and sprinting to the nearest tree as the Doctor said. After that, she put one of her feet on it and pushed herself up, grabbing hold of a branch to pull herself even further up. Hopefully this was safe enough for whatever the man was planning.

---------------------

"Yes, sir. I trust your judgement." Siegfried replied, keeping his eyes on the guards ahead. "However, we will have to find a way around the g-" BLAM! BLAM! He was interrupted by the sound of two gunshots, followed by a quick whizzing sound from the bullets zipping just past the men, into the bodies of two Shadows behind them. Looking behind, the two men would see about a dozen of them approaching quickly. empty, hungry eyes focused on the Doctor and Siegfried.

"Get the hell over here!" The guard who just shot at two Shadows dangerously close to normal living beings yelled out. "You're both under arrest!" He started running toward the pair, when he was suddenly jumped on by one of the creatures that came up behind the group of three guards. More quickly followed, overpowering the small force of armed men. Realizing they were now surrounded on two sides, Siegfried quickly grabbed the Doctor's arm and pulled him into an alley.

The two of them continued running for a time, until finally they reached the edge of the town, the laboratory building was pretty far away but still in sight. About fifty feet to their right, they saw one dead guard on the ground. It looks like he was shot, but very clumsily. The person who killed this one obviously wasn't a very good shot. So, they were faced with a choice: run straight for the laboratory, or examine the guard's body for armor, weapons or any other useful stuff?

But remember, the Shadows were still chasing them, and...

"TRANSMITTING RED ALERT IN [THIRTY] SECONDS"

@Joellie

The Doctor watched Arya with sharp eyes, relieved when she made it free of the shadow group surrounding her and managed to climb the tree like he instructed. A couple of the shadows jumped to try and grab her feet, but--for the most part--they were distracted by the big TARDIS hovering above their heads. Once The Doctor was certain they were entirely focused on it he cried,"All right! Time to begin operation pancake!" He pointed his sonic screwdriver at the shadows, commanding the TARDIS to land right on top of them, flattening the hoard of shadows like pancakes. "Flat like flap jacks," The Doctor said with a smirk. They were now safe.

He looked up at the tree Arya was in and gestured for her to come back down. "It's safe, come and board the TARDIS with me," he told her, opening the door to head inside. This would be Arya's first time inside the machine, so he wouldn't have been surprised if she made remarks about it being bigger on the inside like most people did. He walked over to the controls and began to mess with some buttons. His machine looked a tad different inside compared to eleven's TARDIS, but Arya wouldn't realize that because she had never been in the time machine before. "Time to locate the other me and drop this girl off with him. Can't let him see me though. I never remembered seeing me when this happened," he mumbled to himself.

-------------------

The 11th Doctor flinched when he head the sound of gunshots accompanied by the shouting of guards interrupting his talk with Siegfried. "Oh crumpets," he mumbled, rushing along with his friend to escape the mess they had come across. He ran as fast as he could with the man, only slowing down when the lab was in sight and the dead body could be seen lying on the ground. The Doctor quickly thought over their options. "Run for the body," The Doctor exclaimed. "Grab whatever you can in only a few seconds. I'll stand in front of you to protect you," he said, biting his lip. He really didn't want to get shot, but he was still within the first twenty-four to forty-eight hours of his regeneration cycle. If he received any gunshot wounds now he could probably heal them. At least, there was a better chance he would recover from them than Siegfried would.

He began to run for the body, stopping to stand in front of it so Siegfried could look. "Make it quick; we haven't got all day. The shadows are coming, the guards are coming, and who knows what that red alert will do. All odds are against us. Just move as quickly as you can!" he stated, taking out his sonic screwdriver to fiddle with it for a moment. Although he didn't life weapons, he would have loved to have something that could at least stun the hoard of problems rushing their way.

@Joellie

The Doctor watched Arya with sharp eyes, relieved when she made it free of the shadow group surrounding her and managed to climb the tree like he instructed. A couple of the shadows jumped to try and grab her feet, but--for the most part--they were distracted by the big TARDIS hovering above their heads. Once The Doctor was certain they were entirely focused on it he cried,"All right! Time to begin operation pancake!" He pointed his sonic screwdriver at the shadows, commanding the TARDIS to land right on top of them, flattening the hoard of shadows like pancakes. "Flat like flap jacks," The Doctor said with a smirk. They were now safe.

He looked up at the tree Arya was in and gestured for her to come back down. "It's safe, come and board the TARDIS with me," he told her, opening the door to head inside. This would be Arya's first time inside the machine, so he wouldn't have been surprised if she made remarks about it being bigger on the inside like most people did. He walked over to the controls and began to mess with some buttons. His machine looked a tad different inside compared to eleven's TARDIS, but Arya wouldn't realize that because she had never been in the time machine before. "Time to locate the other me and drop this girl off with him. Can't let him see me though. I never remembered seeing me when this happened," he mumbled to himself.

-------------------

The 11th Doctor flinched when he head the sound of gunshots accompanied by the shouting of guards interrupting his talk with Siegfried. "Oh crumpets," he mumbled, rushing along with his friend to escape the mess they had come across. He ran as fast as he could with the man, only slowing down when the lab was in sight and the dead body could be seen lying on the ground. The Doctor quickly thought over their options. "Run for the body," The Doctor exclaimed. "Grab whatever you can in only a few seconds. I'll stand in front of you to protect you," he said, biting his lip. He really didn't want to get shot, but he was still within the first twenty-four to forty-eight hours of his regeneration cycle. If he received any gunshot wounds now he could probably heal them. At least, there was a better chance he would recover from them than Siegfried would.

He began to run for the body, stopping to stand in front of it so Siegfried could look. "Make it quick; we haven't got all day. The shadows are coming, the guards are coming, and who knows what that red alert will do. All odds are against us. Just move as quickly as you can!" he stated, taking out his sonic screwdriver to fiddle with it for a moment. Although he didn't life weapons, he would have loved to have something that could at least stun the hoard of problems rushing their way.
Arya could only hang from a branch and watch as the big blue box squashed her attackers. In nothing more than a second, she was safe again. She let herself fall from the tree, landing safely on her feet, staring at the bottom of the box. "... Thank you" she said to the man. Her breathing and heart were still in the process of slowing down, calming her mind slowly. She had a lot of questions to ask him, and she would have asked them if they were in a safer place. But in the distance she could see other Shadows running toward them now, so it would probably be best to step inside the box with the man.

With a few big steps, she ran inside the TARDIS, after which she quickly turned around and closed the door, then turned around to talk to the Doctor. "Do you really think w--" she cut herself off when she didn't see him standing directly behind her, like she assumed he would be. But no, the room inside was much bigger than it looked on the outside, and it was filled with technology that she didn't even want to try to understand.

For a few seconds, she just stood there, mind blown, mouth half open, staring in awe at everything around her until she managed to mumble a few words: "It's... It's bigger... on..." And that's when she passed out. The adrenaline of running and fighting, the emotional stress of almost being eaten and the shock at seeing Gallifreyan technology at its finest was just too much to handle in less than a minute.

----------------------

Siegfried obeyed and quickly moved over to the guard's dead body, looking through his pockets and trying to take his body armor off. Unfortunately though, he couldn't figure out how to unstrap the thing, so he ended up just emptying the poor man's pockets. He seemed to be taking his sweet time though. By the time he was finished, the Shadows already had the Doctor in their sight, and started running toward him at high speed. It wouldn't take them more than five seconds. In this time, Siegfried quickly got back to the Doctor and handed over the things he found:

A wallet, which he quickly placed in the Doctor's suit's inner pocket. When he would examine it, he would find inside: 21 dollars and 18 cents, some identification, a picture of himself with a woman and two little girls and a small note reading: "Happy birthday! Can't wait til you get home from work. We have a surprise for you, daddy :-)"

A walkie talkie. It's still on, but no one's speaking.

He had also found a handgun, which he was about to give, but Siegfried knew there was no time left. The Shadows were right there. The pair didn't have more than a second, and there was no way they would get away, unless... Siegfried gave the time lord a desperate look after making up his mind. "Save us, sir Doctor" he said before he turned around and started emptying his gun wildly into the horde, running forward, not stopping when the Shadows all threw themselves at him.

They were all distracted. At least for a few seconds. The Doctor would still have to be fast. Would he go after Siegfried in an attempt to find out if he could be saved or not? Or will he try to get the dead guard's body armor off? It was difficult to judge if he would have enough time for either of those things. Maybe he should just head straight for the laboratory to find a way forward.

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Joellie

The old 12th Doctor was so focused on fiddling with his controls that he failed to pay attention to Arya walking on his TARDIS. He heard her speak when she arrived inside, however, turning his head in her direction just in time to watch her pass out. He rolled his eyes and groaned leaving his console to quickly go over to Arya and tend to her. He rested her in a more comfortable position before returning to his TARDIS controls. "Children, I don't know why I bother with them." He glanced to Arya again though, inwardly knowing fully well why he wanted to help her. She was a special friend of his.

The Doctor flipped the switch on his TARDIS and took off, deciding he actually had one more chore to do before he dropped Arya off back where she was supposed to be. The TARDIS disappeared and he traveled back in time. The Doctor landed in the Shadow world in the past, shortly after The 10th Doctor had landed and abandoned his TARDIS to look for spare parts in order to fix it--ending up with the survivors and meeting Arya.

The Doctor changed into his regular clothes before leaving his TARDIS and heading into the broken down, abandoned TARDIS that the 10th Doctor had left. He went inside it and began to repair it. Once it was fixed, he could send it back to the Matt Smith doctor--along with Arya--who needed it to escape the Shadow world. He left Arya to rest while he worked, but if she woke up and exited the TARDIS, she'd probably see him working outside...

----------------------------

The Doctor tapped his foot, anxiously waiting to see what Siegfried would retrieve from the dead man. When he saw the haul, he was slightly disappointed. Siegfried didn't have time to get the body armor off, but he didn't blame him for that. They were in the middle of some extreme danger and it was hard for them to do much of anything. In fact, they couldn't do anything else at all. The shadows were on them. In an attempt to buy The Doctor some extra time, Siegfried ran with the gun he had found into the pit of shadows, firing away.

"Siegfried! NOOO!"

He rushed after Siegfried, wanting to help him. He had sacrificed his life for Arya and Siegfried before; he would do it again if he had to. And Siegfried was still holding some of the components of the cure, so he still needed him. :)

The Doctor rushed up behind Siegfried, grabbing him by the back of his shirt. "No, I can't do this without you! I didn't give up my life for you just so you could throw your own away!" He cried, stepping in front of Siegfried. He allowed his hands to glow bright with the power of regeneration energy, shooting it out at the shadows in attempt to clear them away.

Arya remained unconscious for about fifteen minutes before she finally woke up again. She got up on her feet and looked around at all of the impossible technology around her. Just being in this room almost gave her a headache. Actually, she didn't even remember why she was there. She did remember everything about taking the town's shield down and running off with the janitor to his flying blue box. She also remembered seeing the man talk to her, but of course it wasn't really her. It was as if someone had recreated her body in light. She couldn't even begin to try and find an explanation.

Instead, she found the door and left the TARDIS, looking around to see if there was any danger. Luckily, nothing seemed to be wrong for the moment. Keeping herself as calm as possible, she walked up to the man working on... whatever it was, cleared her throat and took a deep breath. "I don't know how you... did all that... But I don't believe in magic. I appreciate your help, but I need to find the Doctor. So I would very much appreciate it if you stopped showing me your bloody tricks and helped me find him, so we can then go about our own business."

Arya crossed her arms in order to look more confident, straightening her back and keeping her head up. She was tired of running from weird black creatures, and really wanted to see a familiar face that she knew she could trust. If it wasn't obvious, she didn't like this man very much. He was much too rude.

---------------------

As Siegfried was stopped by the Doctor, he accidentally dropped his weapon and just stood still. He was going to try and convince the man to let him go, but couldn't bring out any words when he saw him shoot beams of bright yellow light out of his sleeves. He gasped and stared in awe, mouth wide open as the Shadows seemed to be temporarily stopped. Or, at least blinded or slowed down. After the light cleared out, the creatures chasing them would need only a few seconds to have their eyes adjust after such an intense amount of light.

"How did you... Wha..." Siegfried started, but quickly swallowed and shook the thought out of his head when realizing they were still in some trouble. "N-Never mind that. Good work, whatever it was. But we should really get back to running now, sir Doctor." He picked the gun up quickly and started running away. It didn't really matter which direction they went for now, as long as it was away from the Shadows. He would let the Doctor decide where to go.

So Siegfried's life was saved after all, but where to go now? Straight for the laboratory to try and get the shields back up, if it would even work? Or maybe the two of them should just run straight ahead into the woods in the distance, maybe there was not even a point in raising the shields again.

Arya remained unconscious for about fifteen minutes before she finally woke up again. She got up on her feet and looked around at all of the impossible technology around her. Just being in this room almost gave her a headache. Actually, she didn't even remember why she was there. She did remember everything about taking the town's shield down and running off with the janitor to his flying blue box. She also remembered seeing the man talk to her, but of course it wasn't really her. It was as if someone had recreated her body in light. She couldn't even begin to try and find an explanation.

Instead, she found the door and left the TARDIS, looking around to see if there was any danger. Luckily, nothing seemed to be wrong for the moment. Keeping herself as calm as possible, she walked up to the man working on... whatever it was, cleared her throat and took a deep breath. "I don't know how you... did all that... But I don't believe in magic. I appreciate your help, but I need to find the Doctor. So I would very much appreciate it if you stopped showing me your bloody tricks and helped me find him, so we can then go about our own business."

Arya crossed her arms in order to look more confident, straightening her back and keeping her head up. She was tired of running from weird black creatures, and really wanted to see a familiar face that she knew she could trust. If it wasn't obvious, she didn't like this man very much. He was much too rude.

---------------------

As Siegfried was stopped by the Doctor, he accidentally dropped his weapon and just stood still. He was going to try and convince the man to let him go, but couldn't bring out any words when he saw him shoot beams of bright yellow light out of his sleeves. He gasped and stared in awe, mouth wide open as the Shadows seemed to be temporarily stopped. Or, at least blinded or slowed down. After the light cleared out, the creatures chasing them would need only a few seconds to have their eyes adjust after such an intense amount of light.

"How did you... Wha..." Siegfried started, but quickly swallowed and shook the thought out of his head when realizing they were still in some trouble. "N-Never mind that. Good work, whatever it was. But we should really get back to running now, sir Doctor." He picked the gun up quickly and started running away. It didn't really matter which direction they went for now, as long as it was away from the Shadows. He would let the Doctor decide where to go.

So Siegfried's life was saved after all, but where to go now? Straight for the laboratory to try and get the shields back up, if it would even work? Or maybe the two of them should just run straight ahead into the woods in the distance, maybe there was not even a point in raising the shields again.
@Joellie //ooc: The first part of this with Arya talking to the 12th Doctor is a bit of stalling on my part. I'm waiting for the 11th Doctor to arrive inside the lab. Now that he is, in my next post the 12th Doctor will get to work sending her back and the TARDIS will land right in front of 11 in the lab. :3 Then these posts should be a bit shorter too with the groups re-united~

While Arya was knocked out cold, The Doctor diligently worked on the control console of the TARDIS in order to repair it. In one of his wrinkly old hands he held his sonic screwdriver; he pressed the button of it every now and again, mumbling some kind of unrecognizable equation. On his face was a funny looking pair of bright yellow goggles, which horribly clashed with his long, dark blue coat. And lastly, in his other old hand, was a cell phone. Occasionally she spoke into it, talking while multitasking to fix the TARDIS.

"Shhh! Why don't you close that chatty hole under your nose so I can actually focus on my work, Clara? Or go make yourself useful and at least find some new attire to wear. I don't want you looking like a homely milk maid the next time I pick you up from that school thingy you do. What? Oh, rubbish! I don't care if you wore that outfit only one time for a school play you were doing. I still almost lost you when you wore that costume on our trip to the 1700s because of how you blended in! And--" The Doctor cut himself off when Arya arrived on the TARDIS, actually managing to her everything Arya had said and everything that the person on the other end of his phone said also. "Yeah, anyhow, gotta go, bye!" he said, quickly shutting off the phone in the middle of his conversation. He sat the phone down and continued to walk around the console like a wound up spring, still working to fix it as he replied to Arya.

"Firstly, shut up. Secondly, they weren't tricks; they saved your life. And last of all..." He paused for a moment, finally stopping his work to approach her. "I am taking you back to your Doctor. I promise you I'm not just some grumpy scottish man. I'm from the future so I happen to know what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm the-- I'm a man who knows what he's doing, let's just leave it at that." He gave her a pat on the shoulder, trying his best to be reassuring, but unlike his past incarnations he wasn't as good at it. He then moved back to fixing the console. "I'll be done in just a moment. And when I am, I'll command the TARDIS to take you to your friend. However, I shan't be going with you. You can let him take it from there. It would create a paradox if he saw me, because I-- I mean he doesn't have memories of seeing me in that point in time. So just relax and have a seat. There's candy in a box on the floor. Children are supposed to like that stuff, right?" he asked.

--------------------------------------

Shooting out that much of his regeneration energy was quite a strain on The Doctor's body. Once his limbs ceased their glowing, the man staggered back, almost falling over. He then put his hands on his knees to steady himself for a moment, leaning forward and coughing out a few more breaths of the golden light. After his bearings had returned, he stood up and offered a glance to Siegfried. "It's the same thing I did earlier. I healed myself and changed my face after you stabbed me with your sword. I have some of that energy left. Long story... Anyhow, you're right. Let's get going," turning to follow Siegfried and run off with him.

Taking the lead, The Doctor quickly ran to head back into the laboratory. He not only wanted to find a safe place to continue working on his cure, but also wanted to turn the shields back on. Not to mention, he wanted to look for Arya and see if she was still inside the laboratory. He had many reasons he wanted to go inside. Once they had entered the building, The Doctor turned to look at Siegfried.

"Can you hand me the components of the cure I gave you before? As much as I hate this idea, I believe we should split up for a short time. You find the control room and turn the shields back on. I was able to explain the process to Arya, so I'm certain I can explain it to you as well." The Doctor leaned close to Siegfried, whispering instructions on how to turn the shield back on. "As for myself, I'm going to go look for an area I can use to work. I need to find the area of the lab they scientists use for working, the lab within the lab so to speak. Once you're done, I want you to meet me in that room. From there, we'll figure out what to do next." The Doctor backed away from Siegfried, intending to leave. "Oh, and if you find Arya, keep her with you until we re-unite. Keep each other safe," he said before turning to leave.

@Jenny

From deep inside the TARDIS a message was played:

Jenny this is Kim. I'm busy with the Murder Rp and still can't reply to this, but thought I'd ask if you could reply to it since you will be busy with your murder RP when mine ends--but probably aren't as busy now. Maybe when you're on your spring break, or something. I didn't want to bother you on Steam about it cause I always seem to interupt your video watching or bugging ya lately. XD Thanks~ :3

@Joellie //ooc: The first part of this with Arya talking to the 12th Doctor is a bit of stalling on my part. I'm waiting for the 11th Doctor to arrive inside the lab. Now that he is, in my next post the 12th Doctor will get to work sending her back and the TARDIS will land right in front of 11 in the lab. :3 Then these posts should be a bit shorter too with the groups re-united~

While Arya was knocked out cold, The Doctor diligently worked on the control console of the TARDIS in order to repair it. In one of his wrinkly old hands he held his sonic screwdriver; he pressed the button of it every now and again, mumbling some kind of unrecognizable equation. On his face was a funny looking pair of bright yellow goggles, which horribly clashed with his long, dark blue coat. And lastly, in his other old hand, was a cell phone. Occasionally she spoke into it, talking while multitasking to fix the TARDIS.

"Shhh! Why don't you close that chatty hole under your nose so I can actually focus on my work, Clara? Or go make yourself useful and at least find some new attire to wear. I don't want you looking like a homely milk maid the next time I pick you up from that school thingy you do. What? Oh, rubbish! I don't care if you wore that outfit only one time for a school play you were doing. I still almost lost you when you wore that costume on our trip to the 1700s because of how you blended in! And--" The Doctor cut himself off when Arya arrived on the TARDIS, actually managing to her everything Arya had said and everything that the person on the other end of his phone said also. "Yeah, anyhow, gotta go, bye!" he said, quickly shutting off the phone in the middle of his conversation. He sat the phone down and continued to walk around the console like a wound up spring, still working to fix it as he replied to Arya.

"Firstly, shut up. Secondly, they weren't tricks; they saved your life. And last of all..." He paused for a moment, finally stopping his work to approach her. "I am taking you back to your Doctor. I promise you I'm not just some grumpy scottish man. I'm from the future so I happen to know what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm the-- I'm a man who knows what he's doing, let's just leave it at that." He gave her a pat on the shoulder, trying his best to be reassuring, but unlike his past incarnations he wasn't as good at it. He then moved back to fixing the console. "I'll be done in just a moment. And when I am, I'll command the TARDIS to take you to your friend. However, I shan't be going with you. You can let him take it from there. It would create a paradox if he saw me, because I-- I mean he doesn't have memories of seeing me in that point in time. So just relax and have a seat. There's candy in a box on the floor. Children are supposed to like that stuff, right?" he asked.

Shooting out that much of his regeneration energy was quite a strain on The Doctor's body. Once his limbs ceased their glowing, the man staggered back, almost falling over. He then put his hands on his knees to steady himself for a moment, leaning forward and coughing out a few more breaths of the golden light. After his bearings had returned, he stood up and offered a glance to Siegfried. "It's the same thing I did earlier. I healed myself and changed my face after you stabbed me with your sword. I have some of that energy left. Long story... Anyhow, you're right. Let's get going," turning to follow Siegfried and run off with him.

Taking the lead, The Doctor quickly ran to head back into the laboratory. He not only wanted to find a safe place to continue working on his cure, but also wanted to turn the shields back on. Not to mention, he wanted to look for Arya and see if she was still inside the laboratory. He had many reasons he wanted to go inside. Once they had entered the building, The Doctor turned to look at Siegfried.

"Can you hand me the components of the cure I gave you before? As much as I hate this idea, I believe we should split up for a short time. You find the control room and turn the shields back on. I was able to explain the process to Arya, so I'm certain I can explain it to you as well." The Doctor leaned close to Siegfried, whispering instructions on how to turn the shield back on. "As for myself, I'm going to go look for an area I can use to work. I need to find the area of the lab they scientists use for working, the lab within the lab so to speak. Once you're done, I want you to meet me in that room. From there, we'll figure out what to do next." The Doctor backed away from Siegfried, intending to leave. "Oh, and if you find Arya, keep her with you until we re-unite. Keep each other safe," he said before turning to leave.
"What are you even talking about? You're not making any sense at all." Arya said in confusion while staring at the man. "You just talk and talk and talk but you never say anything I can understand!" The girl turned around and took a few steps away from him, not even bothering to try and figure out what he was working on. She did want to go back to the Doctor she knew, but she couldn't help but shake this weird feeling... The way this man spoke and focussed on his work so intensely, even the way he walked and moved... It all reminded her of the Doctor.

"... And by the way, I'm not a child. Stop calling me that. It's annoying."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siegfried nodded, handing over the bag with ingredients he had been holding. "I still have no clue what you're planning to do with these, Doctor. They're all quite deadly." After handing over the bag, he repeated the instructions on how to turn off the shield to himself while starting to make his way over to the right room.

It was quite easy to find the actual laboratory. All the Doctor would have to do was follow signs, go down a set of stairs and find the right door. So, after a short minute of searching, he finally stumbled upon a white door that had a label saying "Lab" on it. With a little bit of sonic trickery, he would be able to go inside though.

Laboratorium.jpg

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"What are you even talking about? You're not making any sense at all." Arya said in confusion while staring at the man. "You just talk and talk and talk but you never say anything I can understand!" The girl turned around and took a few steps away from him, not even bothering to try and figure out what he was working on. She did want to go back to the Doctor she knew, but she couldn't help but shake this weird feeling... The way this man spoke and focussed on his work so intensely, even the way he walked and moved... It all reminded her of the Doctor.

"... And by the way, I'm not a child. Stop calling me that. It's annoying."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siegfried nodded, handing over the bag with ingredients he had been holding. "I still have no clue what you're planning to do with these, Doctor. They're all quite deadly." After handing over the bag, he repeated the instructions on how to turn off the shield to himself while starting to make his way over to the right room.

It was quite easy to find the actual laboratory. All the Doctor would have to do was follow signs, go down a set of stairs and find the right door. So, after a short minute of searching, he finally stumbled upon a white door that had a label saying "Lab" on it. With a little bit of sonic trickery, he would be able to go inside though.

Laboratorium.jpg

The cross man folded his arms and let out a huff of air. "Oh, my mistake. You're just a extremely short person with messy hair. Of course you're a child! Nothing to be ashamed of; I'd gladly go back to those days if it were possible for me," he ranted as he continued to work on his TARDIS. After a moment he declared, "Finished," before flipping a switch. "Now, I know how bad little ones can be with big pretty buttons, but I ask you only touch what I tell you or else you could become lost." The Doctor pointed to a lever in particular for Arya to pull. "When I leave, pull that. It will take you back. Any more questions before I go?" he asked.

-------------------------------------------

The Doctor paused in walking to glance at Siegfried. "They are deadly in this form. Which is why I'm going to test them." He took the bag of ingredients Siegfried offered him and nodded. "Good luck, I'll check on you again in a moment once I'm settled." Once Siegfried was gone The Doctor walked into the laboratory and sat the bag down on a table. He opened the bag and took out a syringe, filling it full with a sample of the deadly contents. "There are no sick subjects here to test a cure on. So I'll have to be the sick subject," he said putting the needle of the syringe into his leg and injecting himself.

The cross man folded his arms and let out a huff of air. "Oh, my mistake. You're just a extremely short person with messy hair. Of course you're a child! Nothing to be ashamed of; I'd gladly go back to those days if it were possible for me," he ranted as he continued to work on his TARDIS. After a moment he declared, "Finished," before flipping a switch. "Now, I know how bad little ones can be with big pretty buttons, but I ask you only touch what I tell you or else you could become lost." The Doctor pointed to a lever in particular for Arya to pull. "When I leave, pull that. It will take you back. Any more questions before I go?" he asked.

-------------------------------------------

The Doctor paused in walking to glance at Siegfried. "They are deadly in this form. Which is why I'm going to test them." He took the bag of ingredients Siegfried offered him and nodded. "Good luck, I'll check on you again in a moment once I'm settled." Once Siegfried was gone The Doctor walked into the laboratory and sat the bag down on a table. He opened the bag and took out a syringe, filling it full with a sample of the deadly contents. "There are no sick subjects here to test a cure on. So I'll have to be the sick subject," he said putting the needle of the syringe into his leg and injecting himself.
"I'm not ashamed of anything!" Arya argued, taking a confident step closer to the man and keeping her eyes firmly locked on his. In this man's eyes and voice, she recognized a kind of confidence, one that she was always trying to have herself. She didn't want to let the grey old man win this battle of arguments, but still she decided to keep quiet when he started talking about "bad little ones". It was only when he asked her if she had any more questions, she spoke up again.

"Yes. Yes, in fact I do have a question for you!" she said, keeping a short silence after doing so. She wasn't sure what to ask. There were so many questions, like why she saw him talking to herself earlier, how he made that huge blue box float like it was nothing, but mostly... "Who are you?" she finally decided to ask.

As the Doctor was busy with the needle he found, he might not have noticed what was going on behind him. The roof was starting to fall apart, in a way... Many of the panels were taken out and rearranged, leaving a big gap in the ceiling. Shortly after that, something was lowered out of the hole in the ceiling. It was a huge collection of metal and wires, all carefully arranged to what kind of looked like a robot. GLaDOS was written on the side.

400px-GLaDOS_P2.png

A robotic voice was heard coming from it, right after the Doctor injected himself. "Oh." she said. "LoOk at wHaT yOu'vE dOne. YoU'vE JusT kIlLeD yoUrSelF. ConVenIenT. SavES mE tHe tRouBle. YoU mOnsTeR." The A.I. kept her orange glowing eye fixed on the Doctor. Although the voice she was programmed to have wasn't really capable of sounding angry, it was still obvious that she wasn't exactly with this man.

// if you haven't played any of the Portal games, here's a video to let ya know what her voice sounds like :3

Last edited:
"I'm not ashamed of anything!" Arya argued, taking a confident step closer to the man and keeping her eyes firmly locked on his. In this man's eyes and voice, she recognized a kind of confidence, one that she was always trying to have herself. She didn't want to let the grey old man win this battle of arguments, but still she decided to keep quiet when he started talking about "bad little ones". It was only when he asked her if she had any more questions, she spoke up again.

"Yes. Yes, in fact I do have a question for you!" she said, keeping a short silence after doing so. She wasn't sure what to ask. There were so many questions, like why she saw him talking to herself earlier, how he made that huge blue box float like it was nothing, but mostly... "Who are you?" she finally decided to ask.

As the Doctor was busy with the needle he found, he might not have noticed what was going on behind him. The roof was starting to fall apart, in a way... Many of the panels were taken out and rearranged, leaving a big gap in the ceiling. Shortly after that, something was lowered out of the hole in the ceiling. It was a huge collection of metal and wires, all carefully arranged to what kind of looked like a robot. GLaDOS was written on the side.

400px-GLaDOS_P2.png

A robotic voice was heard coming from it, right after the Doctor injected himself. "Oh." she said. "LoOk at wHaT yOu'vE dOne. YoU'vE JusT kIlLeD yoUrSelF. ConVenIenT. SavES mE tHe tRouBle. YoU mOnsTeR." The A.I. kept her orange glowing eye fixed on the Doctor. Although the voice she was programmed to have wasn't really capable of sounding angry, it was still obvious that she wasn't exactly with this man.

// if you haven't played any of the Portal games, here's a video to let ya know what her voice sounds like :3

The Doctor frowned and shook his head before rubbing the spot between his attack eyebrows. "I told you already, I'm a friend of The Doctor's. Do you not believe me?" he questioned, the frown on his face expanding. "Fine, don't believe me. Assume anything you like. Maybe I am The Doctor himself. In fact, that's exactly who I am. Now go help younger me so he doesn't do anything stupid and get himself killed before he regenerates into me," he said, taking Arya's hand and putting it on top of the lever he showed her.

He wasn't sure if the girl would believe him or not, and honestly he didn't care. The Twelfth Doctor just needed Arya to cooperate with him and go back into the past to help his younger self. If she didn't go soon, the timelines would surely be messed up and The Doctor really didn't want to deal with a paradox on top of all his other problems.

---------------------------------------------------

After injecting himself with the virus, he began to work on making a cure once again. His body showed no signs the virus had entered it just yet, so he knew he would have at least a little time to work. When he had his first sample about halfway finished, The Doctor heard a voice that startled him and he dropped the glass beaker he was working with onto the floor. "You know, it's very rude to interupt a man when he's working on a cure intended to save an entire population from extinction," he said with a wrinkle of his nose, speaking to the bot without even looking at it.

"What do you want? Are you here to take me into custody?"
The Doctor wasn't worried about GLaDOS. If the robot gave him problems, he would just hack into it with his screwdriver like he had done to the other ones.

"CuStoDY." GLaDOS responded. "YoU ARE a fUNny Little InSect. stUpId AND funnY. i'vE NoTiced it'S a VEry COmMOn CoMBINATioN In HUMaNS." As she spoke, two panels on the floor beside the Doctor's feet opened up, making room for two mechanical claws to pass through. They quickly and firmly grabbed hold on his ankles, keeping him in place as GLaDOS approached slowly but surely, until her orange eye was right in front the Doctor's face.

"yoU musT thiNk yoURSelf QuItE CleVER, DoCTOR. ReWIRINg twO of oUR mOST bASiC apeRtuRe sCiENCE tEsT SuBjeCT CorES. ClEVeR, clevER lIttlE MAN..." She said, the claws around the Doctor's ankles tightening their grip a little.

"DiD yoU rEALLy tHInK I wOuLDn'T nOTicE youR hUmaN friend taMPeRINg WITh my ShIELd? SENding A chIlD tO DO worK you'rE too AFRAId to do YouRself. ALtHOugh I MusT ADMIT SHe neARLy dEfEAteD mE. heR ScrEaMIng Nearly BlEw sOME Of MY CiRCuiTs." She paused for a moment while a green gas started to enter the room through vents, slowly filling up the room. "nEuROtoxin TendS to Be EXcRucIatingLy mORE pAINFul To chIldren, bUt... At LEAST IT WIlL KIlL you TOo."

Status
Not open for further replies.