The Adventure Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natural 20

Original poster
You have all gathered in the town of Istahl, a basic village with many outsiders but with a deep underground connections. You are here at the behest of an unknown figure, who sent you letters in your native tongues to meet here at this day with promises of rewards and glory. Within the town inn, the drunken donkey, you all exchange pleasantries and compare letters, trying to figure out who this mystery man is, when a massive booming sound is heard. * BA BA BA, BA BA BA, BA BA BA BOOM!*
Uru, you recognise these as war drums of some sort, but to the other three I want you to make intelligence checks.
How do you want to do this?​

Alright, rolling an Intelligence check for Ihrann. Here's hoping.

EDIT: I rolled an 8, adding my modifier of +1, gets me a total of 9. What do I know, all knowing DM?

Intelligence check on booming sound (no bonus)

Rolling for Mevelia, who has a -1 to intelligence... welp...

Mevelia you also recognise these as war drums, but the beat is off, like the material used is something fleshier than the normal pig skin used.. The other two just have a bad feeling about the drums but that's it

Alright so Ihrann turns to the others and is like "Soo.... Anyone else getting a bad feeling about this? What are those drums anyway?"

Also can I look around at the other people in the pub and see their reaction to the drums?

Mevelia's face scrunches up and she says, "They're war drums, that's for sure. But the beat is off or something. It sounds like..." She listens for a while longer, than shakes her head. "It sounds squishy or something, I dunno." She shrugs.

Would Mevelia be able to tell how far the drums are from that check as well?

From her intelligence check she estimates it's probably 300 to 500ft away.
Ihraan I need you to make a perception check

Alright, sure. I have a +3 to Perception, here goes nothing.

EDIT: 8+3 gets me 11. What do I learn?

You look around and most of what you are seeing from the patrons of the Drunken Donkey is drunkards and people not paying attention. You just see some movement near the door as maybe one or two figures leave the tavern but that's it

Uru bounces uncomfortably on his feet as he shifts into a defensive stance and says "Squishy or not war drums are bad news. We should get everyone out of here."

Did the noise come from any particular direction? and if so can Uru tell?

Coming from what you'd guess is a southish direction

Mevelia snorts and glances around at the drunken patrons. "Like that's gonna happen. With most of these guys the only way you'll get their asses outta here's with more booze." Then she turns more serious. "That being said, those drums are reeeeaaaally close, so I'd rather get outta here as soon as possible, yeah? Any ideas on getting everyone else out fast aside from buying everyone drinks outside or something?"

Alright so I think we should wait for @Davion after this, but Ihrann just kinda shrugs her shoulders. "I don't really care about these guys, if they were dumb enough to get drunk, then they deserve whatever they get by staying in here." There's no way she's Lawful or Good lol. And after saying that she turns to leave the pub, motioning for the other PCs to follow her.

Loooool, it's probably obvious but Maeve already doesn't like you. Drunkards may be difficult but she still grew up around them and they were a pretty somber crowd. But yeah, let's wait.

(Wait, your character name is Maeve? Oh boy, meet Mavek. This won't be confusing at all. :P)

a810a2951d62687c042a3c7fdc3c34c3_art_pics_character_art.jpg

Mavek returned from the window, unable to discern anything about the noise on his own. "What matters is that we know what those drums mean, we better act fast. Drunks or not, they deserve a warning."

The half elf moves some of his hair behind his partially tipped ears, securing his helm and checking his gear, the last of which a small dice set he poured back into a pouch.

"Either we yell at them or... persuade them...", an idea sparking behind gray eyes as his words cut off. "Anyone got a light?"

(Smoke tends to get people to leave. :D This is not the paladin you were expecting.)

((Incoming flamey death pally)) The barkeep passes you a small match and motions to the oil lamp "Help yourself to the fire, just don't vurn the place down" He says, bored and goes back to cleaning mugs

Ihrann rolled her eyes with a sigh. "I can't believe I'm going along with this." She groused to herself. "It's only because I really like fire, alright?" And with that she snatches the match from Mavek, lights it up quickly, then lights up the oil lamp. Raising her voice slightly, she dropped the lamp on the floor hard enough for the glass to break and send burning oil over the floor. "Oops! Fire everyone! Fire!"

All the patrons look over and see the fire, the oil and flames spreading across the wooden floor and walls with an extreme pace. Everyone starts leaping up and shouting, running from the inn. The barkeep grabs the sac that has all the inns earnings and runs out and then you are just left there in the flaming inn.

Uru makes a grab for Ihrann and Maeve (they're the smallest). "Sorry sorry but we've really gotta..." he jerks his head towards the door and moves to try and carry them to safety.

Do I roll to see if I can carry them out the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.