The Addiction [Always welcoming new players]

Starr was unaware that a woman from the hidden laboratory was here. She slipped out of her own car after checking herself in the mirror once more, then stepping out. Starr licked her dry lips then flipped her hair forward and back to make the strands look tousled. Starr shut the car door, heading toward the bar door just as she pressed the "lock" button on her car. The lights flashed twice and Starr was at the entrance. She inhaled then exhaled, and opened the door, stepping inside the small bar filled with nothing but the sports channels, drunk men in corners, and the smell of alcohol wafting through the air. She made her way over to the bar, then took a seat next to a pale-skinned girl with black hair and red undertones, grabbing the menu nearby and starting to skim through it.

Ridley sniggered. "When you put it that way, it certainly fits the description. With a lot more beneficial effects, of course." And a lot more bad ones, too, he thought to himself. After a second, he added, "I've already agreed to cooperate, as you can tell. Are you sure you wouldn't be interested? It's... quite interesting."

She shrugged her pale shoulders. "Why not? No harm in trying something new." Kaede turned to him with that coy smile of hers, lowering her voice. "I can always skip town if it doesn't prove to be my thing. Idiot humans have no clue just how hard we are to find when we want to disappear, after all." She glanced up at the sky, only to be disappointed at her inability to see the stars or moon with all the light pollution typical of a city scape. Bringing her gaze back to the man, she added, "Anyway, maybe once they study us a bit they'll get off our backs and realize we're not so bad."

Jennifer got out of the car, shutting the door. After locking up, she went inside and sat at an empty table near where the woman with the blonde ponytail sat at the bar. She pulled out her cell phone and shot a text to Gavin, her colleague who was working night shift. It read, "Send a subject of interest to meet me at O'Shea's bar." They had to be careful how they communicated, in case someone happened to hack their phones or steal them. The project was very much top secret. Just as she hit 'send', a server approached asking for her order. A sudden but slight rumble of her stomach reminded her she hadn't eaten since noon. With a quick look at the menu she said, "Just an order of Calimari sounds good. With the chipotle ranch, please. And a long island iced tea to drink."

Ridley grinned. "Hopefully. One day. And you could always skip." You just really, really won't want to. He took his phone out of his pocket. He still didn't really understand technology. What had they said? Contact them. How, again? Text, I think. He typed in. 'Person of interest found. Bring to home?'

"Name's Kaede, by the way." She saw his brief confusion about the phone. That's something most wolves didn't get into much, it seemed.

OOC// Side note, y'all feel free to post as Gavin, other scientists and whatnot. Jen is my only other official character. Ridley might get called to meet Jen, or maybe a different wolf if one of you want a second character?

He nodded his head once, acknowledging her. "I'm Ridley. It's nice to have another one join us." He glanced at his phone. Yes. On side note, next dose soon. He nodded to himself, shoving his phone, back in his pocket. "Welp. I suppose you'll have to follow me." He took an abrupt turn, moving at a slight north-west tilt.

Gideonn flipped his phone shut, pocketed it, then took it back out with a sigh a few seconds later. Send a subject of interest to meet me at O'Shea's bar. "Well," he muttered to himself. He was relatively new to this. Well... He flipped open his phone, texting Ridley again. I'll meet you half way. Then go to O'Shea's bar. Make it quick as possible. Very much so.

Kaede turned and walked at his side, the heels of her combat boots thudding softly on the pavement. Turned out she had found her big city adventure for the night. Little did she know it wouldn't be over tonight, not likely to be over for a very long time. "How long have you been around this place, anyway? Are there a lot of us here?" She attempted to make conversation.

There was a slight hesitation. ". .I suppose I've been here... a decent amount of time. There is... some of us here. Not a lot. Not a small amount, either. I think." He increased his pace slightly. They were near where Ridley estimated Gideonn would show up. Hopefully his new dose, too.

She hurried after him. "Any packs?" He seemed intent on getting there fast. "Why in such a hurry?" She pulled her dark hair back into a pony tail, her side swept bangs still hanging loose to the left of her face.

Ridley sighed. Agitated, not at the other, but at Gideonn - he was late. "Packs," he mused to himself. "None that I know of-" he stopped, grinned, and said, "And now, I must take my leave."

Gideonn came through the greenery right as he saw Ridley rush away. Well, at least he remembered orders. He turned to the other. "...Well. Sorry for his sudden departure. He tends to get impulsive when agitated." He hesitated. "So... follow... me, I guess?"

Confusion filled her bright green eyes. This is getting a little weird, she thought. The young woman took a step backward, beginning to get suspicious. "Where's he going? I thought he was coming with me.." Her eyes narrowed at the new guy. She scented the air inconspicuously, determining easily that he was straight human. Her being passed off to some other guy seemed shady. As previously explained, she'd taken part in her fair share of drug deals growing up. This wasn't how they typically went. "And who are you, anyway?" She had a bit of a smart attitude, she was clearly not frightened, but hesitant to trust a human.

Gideonn sighed "Names aren't important. And Ridley had other business to attend to. I'm here to bring you the rest of the way." He turned briskly, signaling for her to follow, apparently oblivious to her suspicion. "Let's get this done with. Follow, please."

Ridley looked up from his phone. He had moved quickly. O'Shea's bar, straight ahead. He pushed the door open, scenting the air. Oh, yes, a wolf was here. He looked round.The girl with the blonde ponytail. And over there was Jennifer. He grinned, tipping an imaginary hat in her direction.

Starr fiddled with her long blonde hair thinly spread out on top of her shoulders, sighing slightly with impatience. It had been a few minutes since she'd given her order to the bartender: The Savoy, which consisted of SKYY vodka and white grapes. Already, it was irritating her that it was supposedly taking forever to create one simple beverage. They coming around with it or what? she thought sourly, holding back a growl of disappointment and annoyance. She glanced around the small bar area, noticing a new person walking into the bar. She hadn't seen him before, but he.... Yeah, he was definitely wolf. Suspicious, as well. She couldn't help but cringe at his appearance and wrinkle her nose in disapproval at the smell. He seemed foreign to her. She turned back to the front, giving a sigh of exhaustion when her alcoholic beverage finally came around. She took it up, thanking the bartender with much indifference, and taking the tiny metal skewer on top, biting the red grapes off before taking a small sip of the vodka itself.

Kaede hesitantly followed. This guy was only human, she could take him out easy if there were problems. She followed to the lab, hands in the pockets of her form-fitting boot cut jeans.

Jen raised her glass slightly as a greeting to Ridley, and shot him a questioning look, as if to say Is that her?

Ridley nodded, then held a finger up. Wait. He liked to let the target make the first move. He seated himself, ordered a drink. And waited.

Gideonn trotted forward, not looking back. He could see the lab getting closer. Very closer. "So, before we get started. Are you allergic to shellfish, peanuts, rats, any form of insect, or pollen? And how old are you? These are important."

(So where is he sitting? You're going to get nothing out of her if you think she'll be the one making the first move :P)

Starr could sense the wolf had decided to sit at the bar. She didn't know what for, but she didn't care. Simply put, all Starr was hoping to get through, was to steer clear of him. He had looked suspicious from the moment he walked in and Starr wasn't going to let her instincts be misconstrued. Taking another sip of her vodka, she allowed her eyes to land on the TV up ahead of her. Falcons vs Ravens- 12 against 8. She didn't care for either team- the Steelers were her favorite- but as long as the game was played right, she wouldn't have to complain, would she?