1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
I originally created this for myself, but since people have been asking for copies lately, I figured I'd put this out here for other GMs to use.

So, if you're a GM and would like to:
  • Establish deadlines
  • Monitor your players' posting frequency
  • Keep track of current interactions
  • Check important details about characters at a glance
  • Use my posting system or establish your own

Then this Activity Checklist is for you. Do keep in mind that the original spreadsheet was designed for role-plays with turn-based posting speeds and strict deadlines. While this system works for me, this will not necessarily work for everyone. If you do not like my posting rules, you are free to make changes.

Click here to view the spreadsheet.

The first thing you'd want to do is copy the spreadsheet. Click File > Make a copy

Note that you will need a google account and will have to be logged in to do this.

uHcnM0c.png

The first page is the checklist, which gives you an overview of the role-play's cast, active interactions, hiatuses, and whether or not players have posted before your deadline. The posting rules are also specified on the bottom right corner. Please read them through and make the necessary changes before proceeding with this guide.

The second page contains more information about the characters, such as their gender, role, age, etc.

The Checklist

Rx5MCtx.png

Pictured above is the "user card", which has four different components:

(1) STARS - Everyone starts off with three stars. Every time a player misses the deadline, a star will be removed from their name. If a player loses all three stars, they may be removed from the role-play as a result.

In my role-plays, stars reset every two months.

(2) ACTIVE/HIATUS - This specifies whether a player is active or on hiatus.

(3) POSTED/NOT POSTED - Specifies whether or not the player owes posts for the current week (or for the next two weeks, in the case of biweekly posting speeds, etc.)

(4) CHECKLIST - A check mark under column A means that the character is currently ACTIVE and in an INTERACTION. The absence of a check mark under column P denotes that it is the character's TURN to respond in that interaction. The player must post for said character within the posting window (i.e. before the deadline).

If there is a check mark under column P, it means that the player did in fact post for the character as expected.

Rx5MCtx.png

In the picture above, it shows that I still need to post for my character Kellen, whereas Alistair has already been posted for. Because I still owe at least one post, (3) remains marked as "NOT POSTED"

Because there are no check marks under column A for both Avery and Joan, it is not necessary for me to post for them.

RxUfrPi.png

The above image shows check marks under column P, which means I have already posted for both Kellen and Alistair as expected. As such, (3) is marked as "POSTED". This means I'm safe and don't need to worry about this week's deadline.

kLEhAXD.png

While there are no check boxes under column A, (3) indicates that the player still owes posts. The reason why none of the boxes are ticked is because the GMs do not know which characters a player intends to use for the current week. They only need to post one character for (3) to be updated to "POSTED"

Again, this system works for me but it may not work for you, so don't hesitate to make changes!

Character Overview

At the bottom of the page, you will find tabs labelled CHECKLIST and CHARACTERS.

U4PhU9B.png

Click CHARACTERS. On this page, you will find a complete list of characters and some information about them.

C14L9Hg.png

You will also find three premade pie charts (Sex, Status, and Role). This is more for GMs who would like to achieve a balanced cast.

8lyjbFj.png

You can also select items from the drop-down menu.

NxXyfTM.png

To change the items in the drop-down menu, highlight the entire column, right click and press View more cell actions > Data Validation

qxSwOg6.png

Type your items and separate each one with a comma (,)

Click save.

6zka9Ga.png

To change the formatting rules, highlight the entire column once again, right click and press View more cell actions > Conditional formatting

OQDKgQH.png

The above will appear on the right hand side of the page. Click the format rule you would like to edit.

oVCotNk.png

Apply your desired formatting style and specify the text you would like to be affected by this formatting.

Aaand... that's about it. I hope you find some use out of this spreadsheet, and let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Woah! I don't do group roleplays usually, but this looks super super handy! (Plus I loved me some organized data, mmmhm...) I'm sure this will be handy to a ton of people :D

• Thank You
Reactions: Ardent
Woah! I don't do group roleplays usually, but this looks super super handy! (Plus I loved me some organized data, mmmhm...) I'm sure this will be handy to a ton of people :D

Thanks! Organized data is awesome, especially spreadsheets. 8^)

10/10 Would recommend 🌟

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Heck yes! Even more, ways to be organized, I will take it! Thank you for this tip.

• Love
I've been utilizing the power of google docs to keep up with my groups and 1x1 ones. I'm so glad you shared this because it's an even more organized (and aesthetically pleasing) way of doing it. And I am editing my sheets as we speak.

@Ardent I had a question about adding more rows to the checklist. I clicked the add more rows button but it didn't quite make the rest of the sheet look like the top. What should I do to add more players to my project? Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:
A57Z0D.png

@Ardent I had a question about adding more rows to the checklist. I clicked the add more rows button but it didn't quite make the rest of the sheet look like the top. What should I do to add more players to my project? Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:
A57Z0D.png

Select the cells you want copied and paste into the blank row, like this:

ezgif-2-ef80260aa5.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
@Ardent Do you have information or tips on adding extra charts and sections to the character tab? Do you just copy and paste the row or do you have to do something specific to make an extra column? In the image below I would like to have extra data and a chart in the blank space. Or would it be better to duplicate the character tab and start fresh?

I've been using google docs to make my posts look spiffy. Cause it allows me to add pics and stuff I like.

@Ardent Do you have information or tips on adding extra charts and sections to the character tab? Do you just copy and paste the row or do you have to do something specific to make an extra column? In the image below I would like to have extra data and a chart in the blank space. Or would it be better to duplicate the character tab and start fresh?

Right click the column header and select "insert 1 column left/right"

You can drag the column header to move it.

To create a pie chart for the new column, select the column header once again and click Insert > Chart.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica