The Ache of the Past

"you...need to get your brain checked. any 19 year old should be able to do whatever they want, parents or not, since they are technically an adult." he stopped a moment, "and how is i mean to leave someone i just met and dont know? your the one who bugged me, not the other way around. i swear if you call me chasey one more time im going to hit you with my guitar. if it breaks you wont ever hear me play." he said.

" Ehhhhhhhhh?! " Rosanie said in a sad puppy dog expression. Almost like an arrow struck her. " That's just mean Cha-- Chase! " she said avoiding to say the new nickname she had given him which upset her a bit. " Then... Let's be friends! That means we'll hang out together right? " while chuckling she said.

Chase raised an eyebrow, "just because we become friends doesnt mean we know each other." he continued walking, not really caring if she followed. "i wonder if you've figured out its going to take a lot to out wit me kiddo." he said, "now if you'll excuse me i have work...." he said with a final wave.

" I wonder if you've figured out its going to take a lot to out wit me kiddo. "

Rosanie pouted in a bit of an angry way and crossed her arms, " I'm not a kid! And-- " " Now if you'll excuse me i have work...." She blinked surprised and shouted. " Hey! Don't leave me! Come on Chase! I wanna play more! " while following him she tried to catch up.

Chase furrowed his brow, "you say that, but you act like a child..." he said with a sigh. "and it's not like i have a choice, im scheduled to work today. if i skip i lose my job, and i need the money to pay my rent." he gave her a stern look. "the world isnt always sunshine and rainbows, there work and responsibility too." he said as he continued to walk.

(sorry i havent replied all weekend, was at a convention)

[ I seriously have to stop forgetting my passwords -_- ]

" B-but! " Rosanie pouted while trying to catch up with him, " How about i come and watch you work! That way i won't be alone! Also.. maybe i could help! To prove i'm not a kid! " she said with a delight tone. " Rosanie is really responsible when it comes to working! Mhm she is! " she said complimenting herself. " She also doesn't want to be left alone. "

(hah yes you do XD )

Chase didnt even turn to look at her as she followed. "i dont know whats up with you, but last time i checked, alone works way better for me." he said, hoping to shake her. "you cant help me work kid, it seems you dont know anything about working. i have to clock in, which means i get paid by the hour. if my boss lets people work who havent clocked in, or dont work there, he could get in trouble, which would get ME in trouble, and i need this job to pay bills." he explained. "you talk like a 5 year old, so how am i supposed to believe you arent a kid?" he asked, trying to prove a point.

[ -Sigh; I'm such a failure. ]

" B-but! Hey! Don't ignore me! Please! " Rosanie said while still trying to catch up. Sadly, she was slow, really slow when it comes to walking. Unless there's a prize at the end though. " I'm not a 5 year old! I'm older than thaaat! " she cursed a bit when she tripped down the flat surface. What a failure she must have looked like. Tripping on nothing. " I DO KNOW THINGS ABOUT WORKING! I'll even prove it! " she yelled as loud as she can not even bothering if everyone could hear it. I'll prove it to you! " she announced it again.

Her expression was filled with determination. Question was, will that hold until the end?

Chase had to bite his tongue to keep from lashing out. he forcibly flattened his expression so that whatever frighteningly angered expression had been there wouldn't scare the girl. he stopped when he heard her trip. "can you just...shut your mouth and THINK for just one second?" he said as calmly as he could manage, then turned around and walked towards her. he grabbed her by the back of the shirt and yanked her back onto her feet. "i told you, if you aren't hired and aren't on the clock, my employer can get in trouble for allowing free labor when we are not a volunteer business, any smart mature citizen would know that." he sighed, "i have no control over you following me, i can see that now, so do as you please, but if you make me lose my job and cant pay my rent, i promise you there will be consequences" he said, clenching and unclenching his fists. he was usually very patient, but this girl either had no knowledge, or otherwise disregard for how employment worked.

(i would say that Chase is being a jerk, but this his more of him being realistic...his jerk side is usually more hurtful or just shrugging off everything.)

Last edited by a moderator: