The Ace Of Spades [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Katzenbach

Original poster

[IC]

At first, hesitation clawed at the skin of her fingers the moment she peered into the box. But the girl leaned forward, and took hold of the small, gleaming object that was only for her to hold, to hear. The small, crystalline pendant lost none of its light in her grasp, and her gaze fought back its light with her own, cast from uncertainty... from hate.

The couriers merely watched as she raised an arm and struck the crystal gently. The sound-star's light began to shiver, and from its veins, a voice only she could recognize poured out. It was the voice of a man.

"This is... for Mavis. How many years have passed. I'm well aware that, the smart girl you are, you're already thinking that this sound-star has been a great waste on my part. It's true... how I wish we could see each other, and I can tell you everything I..." the voice ground to a halt.

She couldn't care less that the others listened in on his message. For such a thing as a sound-star to be delivered to her door on a day like this was the last thing she'd expect, and the last thing that she'd think herself capable of was to deal with something of its weight in a fashion befitting of her age.

"How do you do, Mavis...?" spoke the voice again, suddenly. "I can only hope... that you've been taking care of yourself better. The weather in the Yvetian Isles have been lovely enough, so you need not... worry." the man's voice died down again, as if unsure of how to proceed. The girl thought she'd heard a sort of mumbling, but it weighed nothing compared to the man and his voice. A shadow seemed to loom over every word uttered by him, as if wary for something worth of fear. "It's hard to imagine a sickly you, but it's just as hard to do the opposite, so far away... It's... It's stupid, what I'm trying to do here. Isn't it, Mavis...? Thinking that after all these years, a single message would be all it needed. But I want you to know, Mavis dear. I want you to at least know this; not a single day has passed that I have not thought about you and your mother as I worked. Thinking back to the days where the three of us lived together in Richten makes me happy. "

"I want you to know, that no matter what happens, I will never, ever forget the both of you. "

"This is as far as I can go... Please, live well. Live a good, happy life, Mavis..."

Silence.

The girl buried her face in her palms, as tears not understood began to swell.
Almost as unfathomable as the message in and on itself...

However, a mere few days later, she would receive news.

That the Yvetian Isles were no more.

And the letter from her past would become that which opens a chapter into her future...

20si.png

((Main Theme))

Last edited by a moderator:
RULES

- STANDARD IWAKU RP RULES APPLY, TAKE NOTE PLEASE
- PLEASE BE NICE TO OTHERS AS WELL AS YOUR GM
- BRUSH YOUR TEETH ERRY DAY, ERRY DAY
- POST TRUTHFULLY AND FOLLOW YOUR HEART, DON'T FEEL THAT YOU NEED TO MEASURE UP TO OTHER PEOPLE
- POST AT LEAST TWO PARAGRAPHS, NO LESS IS PERMITTED, LOOK AT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS
- ABIDE BY THE TWO RULES STATED ABOVE
- IF YOU'RE READING THIS, CONSIDER THE ABOVE TWO RULES VOID, KEEP ON READING
- KEEP IT CLEAN, PLEASE, NOTHING TOO EXOTIC
- NO POWERPLAYING, NO GODMODDING, THE LIKE
- SOMETHING ELSE I CAN'T PIECE TOGETHER AT THE MOMENT
- I AM THE THEN, THE NOW, AND THE YET TO COME

CHARACTER SKELETON

Name :
(What doth thou strange fellow go by?)
Age : (Be realistic and sensible is all I'm asking. Except if it's an immortal)
Race : (Free-for-all, Eidos is one HUGE kitchen sink)
Appearance : (Picture or words is up to you, champ)
Personality : (A complete mental evaluation ain't necessary)
Profile : (Kinda like a hybrid backstory/history/herstory. Describe where he's been, what he's up to, where he wants to go)
Equipment : (What is on himself at the moment)
Theme : ((IF your character had a theme, what would be its name?)

Now that that's outta the way...

--------------------------------------------------||--------------------------------------------------

INFORMATION

Our story will begin in the world of Eidos, a world where gods have fallen. Or, at least, those that claim similar thrones have. They were called the Eidolons, beings of great and immense power, their folly the very foundation for the land, a single super-continent surrounded by seven seas. The world was named in their honor, and that have seen to it that it remains apt throughout the ages.

That is, until all the races in all the lands and all the rivers and all the forests banded together and slew them one after another. The last Eidolon fell more than a decade ago; Rauutan, Claimant of the Seas. With his vanquishing, the thick mists that shrouded the seas around the super-continent of Mizareth began to subside, and to the victors, another world had revealed itself.

It took years for them to recuperate and to rebuild after slaying the Eidolons, and with convictions anew, the age of exploration begins.

After a few years, the third discovery fleet lands ashore an archipelago far to the south, of mountains sculpted unto the heavens above and forests as dark as night. Deep within the valleys of the Yvetian Isles, the expeditionary forces find an ancient structure not from their time.

Currently, the story will begin years after the discovery of this ancient structure.

More specifically, a few weeks after it was made public that the closest islands surrounding said ancient structure have crumbled completely, blown asunder by a force unknown, one unlike any other...

Mavis, the child whom seeks her father and the truth regarding his disappearance.
Who will she meet along the way?

MAGIC

Let's try something out here. There exists many form of what one would address as 'magic' in Eidos, but the most used and most renowned would be symbology, wherein a mage would inscribe upon the ground (be it the pavement, mud, earth, snow, rock, grass, or sand) special symbols, letters, or emblems. It is from these inscriptions made by blade or chalk that the mage could spew forth dancing flames, incite gathering storms, call upon hulking beasts from the otherealms, or summon equipment from deep storage. The magic produced from etching these letters into the ground can be held in hand and even equipped on one's body, a sub-field known as martial magics. Such abilities include coating one's arms with hallowed earth, coating armor and sword with flames, or alter one's body into a beastly form.

Magic is produced by drawing mana from the world, which is done by creating a stream or 'network' into the body of the earth, ergo a plane or platform that directly parallels the planet. A network can take any form as along as it is visual, and so the easiest way known would be to take a stick and draw specific symbols on the dirt. Other examples of performing symbology are using chalk to draw on the pavement if you're inside a city, or creating grooves in the sand with your feet. These symbols have generally been accepted as the Eidolons' language, or something of that fashion. Strangely, the Eidolons never used these symbols, nor had they ever been seen drawing mana from the planet, for some reason or another. An alchemist of mankind discovered these symbols and accidentally founded symbology when he mindlessly carved a series of them into the grass as he rested, akin to Isaac Newton discovering the law of gravity. In order to use a certain magic in a successive manner, you'd have to draw multiple times - each symbol is for one use only. Generally, skilled mages draw multiple symbols at one go. However, as it is theorized that you can control the magic and change its direction or shape because you are 'interacting' with the planet and melding your own mana with its own, magic will drain the stamina of its user, in the very same way moving your body vigorously can tire you out.

Because of this, the realm of the skies lie among humanity's final frontiers. Flight magic has only provided travel up until a mile or so skyward, so air travel uses conventional means like hot air balloons or flying beasts. The ground needs to be not so far away if you want something to run on magic. As such, magic engines don't exist, but there is a field of occupation where mages power normal engines using their magic. This is only used for trains and land transport, and the reason people still carry some form of weaponry on themselves is because while you can still use symbology on boats and ships, it is very easy to get interrupted on these instances, and if the floor is destroyed you're pretty much screwed. However, usually only those who have been to the sea know this, and this is also why the seas are very dangerous grounds for mages to tread, besides all the giant crabs and Lovecraftian horrors deep beneath, that is. Cannons and magic cannons exist, and are extremely destructive, but governments have kept a tight lid on their distribution, and the notion of gun laws in Mizareth is still ambiguous at best. But to the people it's free game, of course. With everything out there trying to kill you, it's not hard to get.

Many more may follow, and you can always ask if there's something in mind.​

- Characters -

b2u7.png

I'm interested, but I have a question. Can I assume you will be playing Mavis? If so, could you make a character sheet for her? I like to avoid making characters that are similar to others and sometimes like to even specifically compliment a character with my own. Also, knowing Mavis would help make sure that no one ends up making their character too much like Mavis on accident.

Reactions: 2 people
Gotcha, Xy. These two took a while, mostly because of their images.

zq76.png

Name :

Mavis Serendipity Ambrose
Race :
Human
Appearance :
Mavis is a lass whose height is not very astounding for a young girl her age. However, her slender build matches her needs perfectly, and carries its own charms, which she occasionally uses to her advantage. She wears knee-high pelt socks and brown boots, both for practical and personal reasons. Unnatural tones have begun to crop up from the ends of her hair, for reasons yet unknown.
Personality :
Having lived mostly by herself from a young age has taught her to be mature, and Mavis began to adopt an understanding and kindly nature after getting to know and growing close to the other residents of the port town of Akrima, whom colored her life in ways she'd never expected them to. She keeps a level head in most situations, however she can be incapable of keeping herself together when dealing with some matters, one of which is family. Mavis may come off as a reserved person at first, but her relaxed posture can be switched out for an adamant stance in the blink of an eye. She finds it hard to keep a conversation going, and so usually lets others do the talking. Recently, she has found joy in hearing jokes, and it does not take much more than one joke to make her burst into a laughing fit, provided she can understand the joke. She's not the most strategic combatant, preferring to rely on her magic more than her mind, and the lack of creativity put into her attack may prove dangerous. She can be timid at times, mostly at night, and a usual reaction to whatever she deems a threat at these moments would be to punch it square in the face. Additionally, she dislikes being called by her middle name, finding it silly. Mavis puts family and friends above all else, and the hopes of understanding her father in his last days drives her to journey towards the remaining islands in the Yvetian Archipelago.
Profile :
Mavis Serendipity Ambrose was the child born to Lucius and Johanna Ambrose in their sixth year of marriage, and one very much loved by the two. Lucius, whom worked as a researcher for the kingdom of Tourne's military, was often caught up with military experiments involving magic and symbology, routines of which could take up to months and even a few years on end. Because of this, Mavis grew up with only the faintest of snippets of her father's face as a small child. As she grew older, she came to understand the nature of her father's occupation and what was needed of him, and accepted it. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder, and Mavis relished every second spent with him. Until a few years ago... when everything changed shortly after her family moved to the port town of Akrima. Now, years later, Mavis is currently on her way to another port town facing the sixth sea; the Alraude Sea. The port town is called Monsha, and there, exists a means for her to travel to the Yvetian Isles. With great resolve, she takes to the roads for Monsha. Despite her petite build, Mavis is not to be underestimated. She holds 'Bastion' magic, allowing her to conjure barriers around or on her self. Under the tutelage of a warlock, Mavis has learned to use her magic as a means of an offensive asset, throwing flat, circular barriers as a projectile or wielding a barrier along an arm to function as a nigh-unbreakable boxing glove.
Equipment :
Besides the clothes being worn on her, Mavis carries a backpack that holds her personal belongings, namely her other clothes and important items such as medicated salves and antidotes, as well as a journal chronicling her days in practice, and useful notes left by her magic teacher. She also carries a single small knife with her, hiding it within her jacket rather than in her backpack along with the rest of her items.
Theme :
Seeker Serendipity

-------------------------------------||-------------------------------------

36ft.png

Name :

Hess Righteous
Race :
Human
Appearance :
Hess is thin but quite well-built despite not having a stocky build. His eyes are almost always wide open, brimming with curiosity, and a trait that's easy to miss is his two eyes bearing different colors; his left eye is black while his right is a dark brown. Hess carries his shovel, The Gallant, on his back almost wherever he goes. His footwear consist of a pair of wooden sandals, and the bottom ends of his trousers are torn.
Personality :
Hess is, to put it simply, a very spirited and somewhat heroic person. Proudly, he would introduce himself with his full name, be it his respondent a stranger or a hostile presence altogether. Slightly chivalrous and very confident, Hess gets into trouble mostly for the sake of others rather than himself, though the results aren't always pretty. He sticks up for what and who he believes in and will not back down unless the well-being of someone he cares about is to be compromised. The lad is by and large fearless, and upholds his iron resolve even in the most dire situations. Despite a great pride in himself that may come off as arrogance to some, Hess stays a friendly and caring person. He has an odd, almost obsessive love for treasure chests, and in his great odyssey to uncover every and all treasure chests buried all over Mizareth, he found himself the wielder of a magic shovel, which he names The Gallant. For all his outgoing attitude paints of him, Hess can be secretive at times, and does not welcome questions regarding his past very well. Something Hess hates with a passion is being woken up from his sleep by somebody else, for whatever reason. Another would be to bath a second time in a day.
Profile :
He is an adventuring lad that hails from the great walled city of Dunamis, a metropolis built into the side of the Izengardian Mountain Chain, the highest chain of mountains in the northern segment of Mizareth. Not much is known about him, other than he was among the few that opposed the killing of the world's Eidolons, which earned the boy much ire from the other townsfolk. One thing led to another, and now, many years later, Hess is a young adventurer, traveling the four corners of Mizareth for all the treasure chests waiting to be found. Hess fights with his enchanted shovel and occasionally the magic 'Chrysalis', which encases his shovel's head in diamond spikes, and the magic 'Salamander', which shrouds it in flames.
Equipment :
A satchel containing maps and personal notebooks and various oddities dear to him, the clothes on his back, and his weapon, the enchanted shovel 'The Gallant', which looks like any ordinary shovel, only with its wooden segment covered in white bandages. Underneath the bandages are inscriptions granting the shovel amazing durability, and has been dubbed the "spelunker's best friend" by a merchant once. Hess wields it with great skill.
Theme :
Chests, Chests, Chests!

That should help. I apologize for taking a while with it. You're free to build the world and fill it with cities and cultures is another thing I should've said.

Colour me interested! i'd be up to play a character or two!

Name: Sai'nyln Auvrea

Alias: Saint

Race : ½ Drow, ½ Human

Appearance :
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 141 lbs
Saint_zpsf402c133.png

Personality: Eccentric is putting this dart elf lightly, she is generally a hyper sort, easily riled up by anything that has been hand crafted with the help of a forge! Her attitude is uplifting, hard to get down even by the most slanderous word, Saint lives life literally by yolo.She'll make friends with just about anyone, the good the bad and the naughty, but that doesn't mean she is naive. Rather she tends to believe everyone has more than once chance to prove who they are and should be giving chances to change. Though that isn't to say she isn't bound to fight if the need calls, granted she acts as if everything is a game, not taking most things seriously. This can be a serious annoyance for those in her company.

Profile: Born to that of a Tobias Auvrea, a human blacksmith and a drow mother whom was more of a one night or multiple night fling, Saint knows next to nothing about her drow heritage. Being raised in the hot volcanic climate of Bastion surrounded by rich soil and hotter lava pools, the place was created for rise of blacksmiths and treasure hunter's alike. Taught no differently than the human's she was mostly around, Saint has grown up always a wee bit unique in comparison to her dark searching ashy flesh brethren. She has moved throughout the fiery region, constantly trying to deepen and learn more about the ores of the earth and ways to create new stellar weapons of untold skill. She was able to finally leave the comfort of her father's forge around the age of sixteen, the young half breed took to venturing through the lands as she sees fit. Wanting to see and grow with her own eyes rather than from tales of waggling passing tongues. In the ways of magic, Saint is rather lucky to be gifted in the way of healing light. But it is nothing glorious as it remains untrained and untapped. The most she is capable of healing is minor bleeding wounds. She is constantly looking for ores, new weapons and possibly a relic or too to make that next big thing.

Equipment: She carries around a large battle hammer, commonly used with paladin's than blacksmiths. A short dagger, a wallet for coin, waterskin and an extra change of clothing in a small deerskin pack that she carries on her back.

Theme : Shiny weapons I've never seen before!​

Last edited:
dcoupe_laurent_zpsd9487c66.png

Name :

Tamlen Sarizar​

23​
Race :
Human

Appearance :
Tamlen is 5'7" and slender. His lavender hair is always neatly done and his glasses are always clean. He wears common mage robes, a cape, pants, leather boots, and a large pointed hat.

Personality :
Tamlen isn't at all what he appears to be. You see those mage's clothes? Yeah, he's not a mage. Those glasses? He doesn't need them, they're fake. You see that friendly smile? Chances are, he doesn't like you. You see that juicy apple he's giving you? Careful, there's a chance that it has a worm in it. Tamlen also lies a lot. Ask him his age and he'll say 53 with a straight face. What's his favorite food? Mud. Despite this flaw in his character, Tamlen is a generally pleasant fellow. Though his actions probably have a secret agenda to them, he will still usually do more good than bad. He is also surprisingly serious at times, pushing to complete something if he deems it important. In the end, he's a good comrade to have, just don't believe everything he says.
Profile :
Tamlen was born and raised in the port town of Monsha. His father was a sailor and his mother a fisherman. Though not rich, there was always food on the table, a safe bed to sleep, and generally nice clothes to wear. When he was old enough, Tamlen's mother started bringing him with her to fish. He learned patience though this menial task, but he also learned how boring his life was. Day in and day out, he'd sit in the boat, waiting for a fish to bite. Tamlen's mind would wander, and he made up stories to amuse himself. While playing with the local kids, he told one story about him catching a giant serpent. Some children believed him, while others were skeptical. These reactions amused Tamlen, so he started trying to make up stories to tell the other kids, just to see what they would think.

Eventually, this pastime turned into an ugly habit. Tamlen soon began to lie about everything, just to try and make his life more interesting. The only person he wouldn't lie to was his mother, thanks to a beating he received for a certain nasty lie he once told her. Tamlen's favorite victims were travelers who came to town, either by boat or land. Mainly because he had gained a reputation for being a compulsive liar by the townspeople.

Recently, with the sudden destruction of Yvetian Isles, Tamlen has been spreading rumors about what happened to the islands. Deep down, however, Tamlen himself is curious about what really occurred.

Equipment :
Clothes, glasses, and a small pouch at his hip to hold small items. His weapon is a staff with a metal shaft and a large amethyst orb on the top...until you pop off the orb to find out that the staff is really a spear.

Theme :
Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire​

Sai'nyln Auvrea has joined the story!

Tamlen Sarizar has joined the story!

Nicely done, guys. I feel that this is going to be fun with another two characters so different. We'll be starting in Monsha, one of the largest port towns on Mizareth. I'm gonna see if at least 1 or 2 more people wanna join, if not the IC would probably be up by tomorrow.

Recently, I've had the idea to make the roleplay contain simple RPG-esque elements. What do you guys think? Or, should I save it for something else?

Name :
Tryver Von Distallus
Race :
Human
Appearance :
royal_hunt_by_anndr-d37i9xz.jpg

Personality :
Tryver is a calm young fellow, with a mellow attitude and peacefulness all about him. One would think that the young man never got angry, that his patience was endless. However, Tryver is a calculating man with a sharp mind and knows how to pick his battles. He likes to akin himself to the type of magic he uses - that of controlling the earth - calm, life-breathing, and benevolent but strong at the same time and destructive, and humbling while being equally benevolent. Having meaningful conversations that cause him to think and ponder are among his most favoured things to do as a past time along with being lazy.
Profile :
Tryver grew up in the northern city of Jolnibar where the snows are thick in the winter and the summers are chilly, his parents were noblemen and thus he grew up having a privileged childhood with the best tutors in the sciences and magics of the world. He would spend most of his days inside their large estate, studying with a number of tutors on a a large number subjects and topics including history, military tactics, and magic, his most favoured of which was that of the earth and learning the symbols and the meanings behind them that would give him the power and ability to manipulate it as he wanted. As a young adult he grew up engrossed in the politics of Jolnibar often accompanying his father when he travelled to other lands or went to the Jarl's palace. Although he had been minimally trained in combat, he often steered clear from what he considered the barbaric like warriors of the north.
Equipment :
He has a dagger, a piece of chalk, a pouch of gold, and a pouch of dried meat for his hawk.
Theme :
The Noblity

Tryver Von Distallus has joined the story!

Right, so just to put it here, these elements would include prompts and quasi-stats on enemies and the such during combat, like bosses having a certain evade rate or a certain resistance, with prompts like so;

>>>>>> Hit chance is 100%! Strike now!

Means the participating combatant is free to unleash auto-hits on this enemy for critical damage.

>>>>>> Monumental speed; hit chance is 12.5%...

Means that theoretically, only one out of eight attacks will hit this enemy.
So I'm thinking there's going to be other prompts as well;

>>>>>> Protect [insert NPC name here] !

Means an objective would be protecting said NPC and shielding him/her from attacks.

>>>>>> [NPC name] is providing cover fire !

When an NPC is helping out in a battle (with crossbows I guess).
Also, NPC and enemies aren't the only one effected by prompts. For you guys;

>>>>>> The [enemy name here] is charging up for an attack!

Uh-oh, an enemy is preparing a devastating assault. Better intervene quickly.

>>>>>> The miasma in the air reduces mobility by 25%...

A slight debuff is plaguing the party, see if anyone can disperse the poison!
As a note, red is for enemies, green is for allies (if any), and blue is for the party members.

See, what I'm trying to do here is provide instances in which the player can put their thinking to the test. There will be less subtle prompts, like so;

>>>>>> [enemy] moves to the left and around the room, cautious. But his gait...

What the players would need to do is figure out the meaning behind these prompts and act accordingly, like lash out quick, successive hits if an enemy's dodge rate is high, or use magic attacks if physical attacks are ineffective. If an ally is shooting fireballs from afar, attempt a close-range pincer maneuver.

So, any thoughts?

I like that idea, adds a bit of a game element to the RP. It would certainly keep us from one-hit killing certain bosses and NPC's and it could turn out to be a little interesting.

I'm fairly interested. Mind reserving a slot if I can't get my sheet up immediately?

I am in full support of this battle style myself. The color coding really helps too, I like it!

My question would be, how would you handle turn order? Are you going to have a set turn order for the whole rp? Will you do magical dice rolling to see who goes first? Will we just post when we can? I guess I'm asking because if someone always gets to go first, they will always get to determine how the battle progresses.

Ex: As GM, you go first. Your character(s) would always decide who they attacked first, and Torack's character would always be last (meaning he'll get last dibs on who he gets to fight and/or would be left always having to attack an enemy that others are already fighting)
It's not a big concern or anything, I was just curious how you were going to handle it.

One possible option would be to give everyone an Initiative stat based on their fighting style, estimated movement speed, etc. Then before a battle, you'd roll for each of our characters and tell us the turn order for the battle. Granted, this system is by no means perfect, but it's a possible alternative. (this was just a suggestion, so feel free to disregard this if you already have a system in mind)

PS I just noticed our character banner and I love it!

@Torack - I'm looking to subvert lots of shit in this thing. Expect some hilarity (maybe) to (possibly) ensue.

@Penultimate Pi - Sure thing, brotha'. All is welcome aboard the feels train!

@Xylime - Your post really raises a lot of question, and I gotta thank you for that, and for liking the banner. In the end I think I'll just settle for free posting and no post order. I just want everyone to have fun with this JRPG-ish tale, and tell a story at the same time. Frankly, I don't dig going by numbers too much. I'll take it upon myself to craft scenarios that will allow everyone to kick buckets of ass, so fret not, friends!

Just FYI, what would be the general scale of technology in this setting? Would there be firearms, airships, steam engines, MAGIC engines, etc., and if so how rare would each be?

Flintlocks and swords. That is all.

Damn, I suck. Well magic is produced by drawing mana from the world, which is done by creating a stream or 'network' into the body of the earth, ergo a plane or platform that directly parallels the planet. A network can take any form as along as it is visual, and so the easiest way known would be to take a stick and draw specific symbols on the dirt. Other examples of performing symbology are using chalk to draw on the pavement if you're inside a city, or creating grooves in the sand with your feet. These symbols have generally been accepted as the Eidolons' language, or something of that fashion. Strangely, the Eidolons never used these symbols, nor had they ever been seen drawing mana from the planet, for some reason or another. An alchemist of mankind discovered these symbols and accidentally founded symbology when he mindlessly carved a series of them into the grass as he rested, akin to Isaac Newton discovering the law of gravity. In order to use a certain magic in a successive manner, you'd have to draw multiple times - each symbol is for one use only. Generally, skilled mages draw multiple symbols at one go. However, as it is theorized that you can control the magic and change its direction or shape because you are 'interacting' with the planet and melding your own mana with its own, magic will drain the stamina of its user, in the very same way moving your body vigorously can tire you out.

Because of this, the realm of the skies lie among humanity's final frontiers. Flight magic has only provided travel up until a mile or so skyward, so air travel uses conventional means like hot air balloons or flying beasts. The ground needs to be not so far away if you want something to run on magic. As such, magic engines don't exist, but there is a field of occupation where mages power normal engines using their magic. This is only used for trains and land transport, and the reason people still carry some form of weaponry on themselves is because while you can still use symbology on boats and ships, it is very easy to get interrupted on these instances, and if the floor is destroyed you're pretty much screwed. However, usually only those who have been to the sea know this, and this is also why the seas are very dangerous grounds for mages to tread, besides all the giant crabs and Lovecraftian horrors deep beneath, that is. Cannons and magic cannons exist, and are extremely destructive, but governments have kept a tight lid on their distribution, and the notion of gun laws in Mizareth is still ambiguous at best. But to the people it's free game, of course. With everything out there trying to kill you, it's not hard to get.

As for steam engines... maybe I should put that out somewhere in the story. Because the tech is not up until that point yet, I'm afraid. But it's interesting, though.

This is still pretty rough an idea, but I hope it helps.

5T9meCW.jpg

Name : Gallan Ignis
Race : Human/Lycan

Personality :
Always acts gruff and unwilling to talk, but has a plenty share of experiences, Gallan gets rather short-tempered with people who are overly curious or persistent, or who are just rather untrustworthy. Not that he entirely trusts anyone: Gallan seems to be rather paranoid about any sort of companion, even if he doesn't show it. Still, Gallan knows how to be caring and respectful to most any individual he meets; he just doesn't always see any reason to exhibit it.

Profile :
Being born as a hybrid of a human and a lycan is difficult, especially considering it shouldn't technically be possible. In hindsight, Gallan suspects the act of some sort of magic to be the cause of his birth as a hybrid. While he has no real control over his morthing, Gallan has taken extreme measures to suppress his lycan half. This is most likely in regard to his upbringing as a human hunter among various tribes, even despite his tratment as a 'wild child'. His lycan blood grants him wolflike senses in sight, hearing and even smell, contributing his wild and hunting aspects further.

Travelling all across the continent, Gallan modestly prides himself as an excellent hunter. He doesn't stay in one place often, and tends to eschew any companionship eventually. Gallan feel most natural in the wilderness, hunting both game animals and predators alike; this aspect seems to reflect the lycan nature within him. More recently, Gallan has taken up some mercenary work in attempts to earn more of a claim in human society.

Equipment :
A set of basic leather armor, a well-made longbow and quiver of about 30 arrows, a shortsword, a waterskin, a smaller pouch for money and a larger one for food, and an extremely tattered red cloth he's had from birth.

Theme : Howling Wild​

Gallan Ignis has joined the story!

Heads up; I'm gonna go see if the IC is still hung over from last night.

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
Status
Not open for further replies.