The Academy of Secrets - Xythalia Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

A grumble emerged from the sleeping form as the soft chime continued without stop, assaulting her already sensitive ears. Nimble fingers escaped the cover of the jacket to reach up and rub softly at the lids of her eyes, brushing against lashes as the girl previously sleeping was forced awake as she escaped her state of deep sleep. Now the gentle tick was easily heard by her and it was irritating. However she did love the small pocket watch that awoke her. Amber orbs flashed open to look over at the sky with nothing but contempt at the bright light that caused her to snap her eyes closed in pain as she stumbled to stand, lips parting in a yawn that revealed a pair of ivory fangs.

The vampire, Valeriya, grabbed the thin jacket she used as a cover of some sort previously to slip her arms through the sleeves, easing her arms through them before she picked up the red bag that acted as her pillow. She stretched quickly as she peered around the school grounds, her thoughts trying to catch on to what she was doing here before she realised. The auditorium. Eyes widened drastically as she gasped, turning on her heels before she bolted towards the entrance towards the building, hoping drastically she wasn't that late for the assembly.

A sigh passed her lips, one of relief as fear disappeared from her expression due to the fact she stood before the auditorium doors. "I got here..." She whispered, pulling the brown locks that were not tied by the usual band over her shoulder. Her hands settled flat upon the door before she applied minimal pressure, allowing it to swing open softly, enough room for the vampire to slip through the gap and into the crowded hall. Her skin seemed to pale at the amount that were sat listening to the teacher's speech. "Damnit..." Surprisingly she cursed without the harsh tone nor irritated glare, instead she stared at them all with curiousity and her tone full of restraint as she headed over to the student council seats.

Of course a few others were seated there, some she recalled and some she did not but either way she chose to sit at least a seat away from anyone else, allowing her a weak attempt to avoid the scent that would normally drive her into a blood lust. In side she was providing herself with restraint by murmuring a simple mantra however on the outside she seemed composed, her expression blank as per usual as she stared up at the stage with a almost bored look to her face. After all, She was going to keep her secret a secret!

It took Valeriya a few moments before she got bored of this, something that caused her to extend her lower lip slightly before she reached over towards her bag, dragging out a sketch pad and pencil which she settled upon her lap. Flipping the pad open, skipping a few completed drawings she returned to the sketch of some lilies she was sent previously by her clan in an attempt for them to not seem like enemies towards the heiress they so eagerly sent off. With a soft shake of her head she returned to adding the shadows she recalled easily upon the delicate feathers. Of course, she would put it away when someone else started to talk upon the stage, until then she intended to get a little further with her work.​

Alvondo was the first to notice the girl as she entered the auditorium. She seemed to just ran here at how she panted as she finally entered the room. From his memories, he immediately recognized her to be a member of the student council, who usually kept quiet and stood some inches away from that.
Her name is...Valeriya.
"Valeriya, you're here! Don't just sit there come sit closer with us." Alvondo welcomed her warmly, then noticed the sketch pad in her hand. "Drawing again?"
He had long noticed that her blood isn't exactly that of a human's, yet as each person has respects for another and their secrets, Alvondo had always not bother to ask why she always decided to be a few distant apart from others, since it might be related to her secrets or something, just like his own secrets of being a devil's servant.
However, that doesn't stop him from greeting her just like how he talks with others.​

Kyou had no interest in listening to this to bit sorry excuse for a 'Substitute teacher.' He did chuckle at Alvondo's remark towards the chairs. He then eyed the new comer to the group. He knew this girl from somewhere before. Kyou took a deep breath into his naval cavities then letting the air of carbon dioxide out of his mouth in a sigh like tone. The air he just breathed was filled with a scent of blood. A smell most vampire possessed to dragonic beings.

He did not mind being in the presence of such a beautiful vampire like herself. He was rather into beautiful creatures especially vampires he loved how frisky past vampires have been with me before.

When he saw that she was drawing in a notepad intrigued him. He scooted closer to her and looked what she was doing. He then looked at her face and opened his mouth. "I am sorry if im starring its just you are so sweet on the eyes."

Having added a few more details at least, the vampire was pleased and when she took note of the two male voices she seemed slightly more up beat as she cocked her head. Alvondo. A soft smile came to her lips as she nodded, standing up to sit closer to everyone despite the minor voice screaming in her mind not to. She was a vampire who avoided drinking blood in fear of being poisoned, there was going to be a point when she snapped and she did not want it to be near people she generally liked. "Yup." She replied softly towards Alvondo, nodding her head as he questioned what she was doing. "It's distracting...this is a quite a boring event after all." She whispered, ignoring the fact that was one of the longest sentences she had spoke to another without moving away some how.

Suddenly there was someone leaning over her, causing her head to snap around so amber eyes could settle upon Kyou. For a moment they were narrowed dangerously before they settled, realizing something before she cast her gaze back to the one lily that stood out from the rest, shadows encasing the others to assist it in standing out. It was then her mind processed what he said. Feelings her eyes widen slightly she shut her book, forcing it into her back along with her equipment. "Thats very sweet of you." She murmured, craning her neck to look over at him with a soft smile. Even if she avoided being social, she was not going to be rude.​

Kyou was smiling at the kindness she used towards him which was very unexpected. He was expecting something more rude but he didnt not mind it not going as he had planned. He then looked at how quickly she packed ger stuff away. "Hey you know that was kinda mean to try keep your stuff hiden from a future fan." He explained to her.

His deep brown eyes looking into hers. He leaned forward to whisper intobher ear his neck right there inches from her mouth. "Go ahead bite I dont mind giving blood today." He whispered ever so softly trying to see what she would do next but he wasnt expecting alvondo to do anything if he would do anything.

Reactions: RaccoonKing
Stepping down from the podium Arlo walked casually down the aisles as the principle gave his regular speech about the history of the school. Passing behind Kyou and Alvondo he sharply flicked the back of their heads. "Pay attention now, I dont want to spend the rest of my afternoon giving you two detention." Staring impassively at them Arlo walked past and leaned against the back wall of the auditorium. It was obvious alvondo, Kyou, and Valeriya were not human. He knew Valeriya was definitely a vampire, he could smell the dried blood from a mile away and a lesser ghoul would have gone berserk at the scent of the dead flesh. But Arlo spent many years mastering his feral side, so it merely a minor annoyance to him, like a buzzing in the back of his head. Gazing at the rest of the students Arlo chuckled quietly, "This semester will certainly be entertaining...no doubt about it."

Valeriya paused slightly, her eyes turning to stick firmly upon Kyou the second he moved even remotely closer. It wasn't even what he said that caused a small twitch to her lips, threatening to curl downwards. It was the scent. Being so close to what she wanted to bury her fangs into she felt her will lock down on her, causing a faint smile to brush her lips as sighed softly. "I don't bite Hun~" She whispered back, a grin on her lips as she settled back within her seat, resting her hands upon her lap as suddenly the blank look returned, her head lulled to one side. "Sorry...It's rude to ignore company so I put it away ..." She added, a soft hum passing her lips.

She watched the teacher approach, quickly flick both of them on the head before approaching the back of the auditorium, the whole sequence causing her to laugh softly before closing her eyes, fingers once again pressing against the skin of her eye lids as she let her thoughts wonder, lock her attention and cause her to idly tune out the area and others momentarily. It was this that caused Valeriya to become still momentarily before amber eyes flickered open. Her hands shifted, pale and slim fingers slipping into the bag till she dragged out a box, clad in a shade of pink that could only be deemed an eyesore, bright red letters spelling 'pocky' on the top. Plucking one from its cardboard prison she bit into the strawberry covered treat before letting it hang between her lips as she glanced around the auditorium lazily.​

Kyou smirked at her comments, then he felt the small flick hitting the back of his head. He rubbed his head just ignoring the teacher not losing face with the Valeriya. He did not care what the teacher said or did, the teacher wasnt anything special to him. Thats what he thought until he smelt a new scent of vampire this did intrigue him but he didn't put to much focus into it.

He then looked at her as she laughed at the flicking of his head. "You know its rude to laugh at causes of pain to another and also your laugh is pretty cute. One more thing why haven't i got you to blush yet huh?" He asked smirking and pulling up his left eye brow looking at her. "I have been giving you so much sweet complements that would make normal girls melt in my hands but, I should of remembered That you aren't a normal human just like a lot of these guys" He told her getting up from his seat walking away from his spot and walking to the substitute teacher. "If I may ask why would such a highly skilled vampire be here in this academy as a substitute no less?" I asked him only asking him because of his secret job.

Arlo sighed as Kyou spoke to him, "kid you are really getting on my nerves, there are more kinds of undead than just vampires. Also you should stop sticking your nose where it shouldnt, or something might bite it off." Patting him on the head like a little boy Arlo pushed him away. "now leave me alone or I will have you scrubbing toilets."

"That guy knows how to flirt," Alvondo chuckled to himself as he watched the conversation between Kyou and Valeriya go on. It wasn't until he felt a hit on his head that he realized it's the substitute teacher--Ario, right? That's his name. Shall him call him by the last name? That should be the proper way to address a teacher, but that isn't Alvondo's style.
"Ario! We're just introducing each other, nothing special, no need for detention!" He yelled toward Ario as he walked away, and right around the same time Kyou had finished his conversation with the beautiful vampire girl, and had aimed toward the substitute teacher.
Wondering, but not perfectly curious, at what this popular badass boy was going to say, Alvondo let out a tiny laugh toward himself before raising an eyebrow at Valeriya.
"So? How does it feel being flirted by a popular guy?" He asked, really isn't looking for an answer, but just to start a conversation. The cross necklace he was wearing loosened and fell to the ground, and Alvondo blinked before picking it up. "Ah, isn't there a saying that crosses work as some defense against vampires?" He chuckled to himself, and for a moment, there was a mix of sadness but he brushed it away.
"I sure like to talk..." At last, he mumbled to himself before sighing. "Anyway, hey, Valeriya, pretty as usual huh."​

Kyou looked at the substitute teacher with a glare with in his eyes. When kyou was patted like a child, Sharp dragon teeth grew with in his mouth, because of that he breathed in through his nose deeply and then exhaled a small cloud of black ash. Now kyou was calmed down, because once anger comes into a dragon even a half dragon they will go on a dark rampage. He didnt want to hurt anyone well maybe the sub could of used a beating but he ignored that. He looked at his phone and smirk ashe just got a text.

Mission updated, report back to head master.

Kyou looked around the auditorium making sure no one was paying any attention to him. He then walked out of the room and towards the school building this would seem odd to anyone seeing this because, the school building was supposed to be empty of all people until the ceremony was finished.

After witnessing what Kyou and Alvondo flirting with the girl, Ren cringed, "Boys will be boys..." she thought. She had to cover her mouth, in order to not laugh when the substitute teacher flicked both their foreheads. She looked around the auditorium, seeing many students either sleeping or whispering amongst themselves despite the fact the Principal was giving his 'start of the new school year' speech onstage. The sides of the auditorium were heavily guarded with teachers and staff members. She mentally sighed, glaring at every teacher who were obediently paying attention to the Principal's boring speech, "I should have sat at the back instead..."

"I bet it's not that crowded with teachers..." she looked over her left shoulder to see if there was any teachers standing at the back. Her eyes scanned the back of the auditorium, though she had to squint due to her not so good eyesight. After observing the back row, she was about to stand up and walk to the back, but Ren caught sight of the substitute teacher from before, observing the students. She had a gut feeling that he had a good view of every student from where he was standing. Something about him just gives her the chills. She quickly turned her head away, so she wouldn't make eye contact. She looked down at her hands on her lap, her dark bangs covering her eyes.

She slid further down her seat, making her head not that visible from the back. She pulled the hood from her black jacket over her head and crossed her arms. "It should be easy to get away from here, but it's too crowded. Tch..."

Valeriya cocked her head to one side but did not answer for a few minutes, her attention returning when Kyou had already escaped to go talk to the teacher. The vampire just hummed softly, turning her attention back to Alvondo as she frowned softly. "Was I supposed to blush?" She asked quietly, fingers idly messing with a loose light brown strand. "He definetely is a flirt." She quietly added, a gentle sigh passing her lips. Compliments were often given within her clan to one another so she was used to it, mostly likely why there was no blush in response to him.

He continued, causing amber eyes to flicker back over to him, the corners of her lips having curled into a smile as she listened. "It doesn't concern me if he is popular or not." Softly she let the comfort of her seat consume her, letting her expression relax as she peered back to him. The cross fell and her eyes followed it, watching as it collapsed to the ground and was picked up. He mentioned the idle rumor about the effect of them on her kind, causing her to reach over and brush her fingers against it, provoking no reaction. "It never has effected me...However it may be true to another clan." She told him before settling her hands back into her lap, ignoring the fact she practically referred to herself as a vampire. Valeriya already believed that few could guess by her scent but she never intended to hide that, just the fact she was paranoid and depriving herself of what she needed most.

It was the sadness that coiled around him that caused her to frown slightly, leaning forwards to observe him. "I think it's a good quality to talk a lot..." The words passed her lips as she used her fingers to push her hair behind her, eyes shifting to the principal for a moment as he continued that speech that tempted her into sweet sleep. To be honest, if she was with her clan she would be sleeping until nightfall, something that would improve her mood greatly. "Ah..Thank you~" She beamed over at him. "Just cheer up Alvondo~"

The principle wrapped up his speech and dismissed everyone. As the students filed past him Arlo casually pulled a sandwich out of a paper bag and began eating in silence as he waited for the crowd to dissapear.

What Valeriya said made Alvondo raised an eyebrow. "Cheer up?" He repeated what the vampire girl had said before chuckling a bit. "Do I look that sad just now?"
However, knowing that the girl was just caring about him, he put on a bright smile. "Oh, so this cross hurting vampire rumor is true, just for another clan? Interesting...when I first got this cross, she told me it's a lucky charm." Alvondo somehow laughed, for a moment almost lost within his old memories.
"Anyway, nah you don't have to blush when guys flirt with you. Not every flirting works on every girl. For example, her," Alvondo tilted his head toward the other girl's direction, who just pulled her hood on, probably planning on sneaking out of the auditorium.
"I like to watch when guys failed to flirt, mostly because I suck at flirting." Alvondo scratched the back of his head with an awkward laugh.​

The vampire nodded softly in return, the smile still present upon her lips as she did so. "Your expression was different compared to usual." She told him, watching as he seemed a lot happier than before. The subject of crosses returned and she hummed, tapping her cheek with a filed nail. "Well...I am unsure about other clans not allied to my own but It possibly could be true. I'm sure the rumor had to start somewhere so one may have such a weakness." She whispered, her voice continuing to be the bare murmur it had been since the start. She didn't need to reveal her species to anyone else after all.

Talking about blushing again she scratched her cheek, her teeth biting into the flesh of her lip as she made a small sound before pausing. "I see..." She mumbled before yawning, revealing the shortened fangs before she peered back over at him. "I guess his flirting doesn't work on me then...Although his personality reminds me of multiple people I have met." Of course, it was just mainly other clan heirs. Peering back to the other girl with the hood for a second before shifting back around to face the front. "Hm~ I'm sure your fine at it Alvondo~" She told him as she pulled apart the opening of her bag, peering at her phone screen. Looking back to him she tilted. "Finally dismissed~. Should we go?" Standing up she pulled the bag strap around her shoulders, letting it run diagonally around her.​

(Sorry that im taking my character away from the rest but i just wanted to add in a plot twist about why my character is at this school.)

Kyou walked into head masters room, The two large doors opening into a dark room having several tall book cases. He looked and saw the head masters chair turned around only the back of the chair facing himself.

"You have summoned me."

Kyou said looking around observing all of the many types of books that were inside the large office. "I have summoned you here because it appears you were brought here to find out information on some students of mine with in the student council" He told Kyou. Kyou sighed greatly as he then scratched the back of his head and smirked a bit.

"Yes thats why I am here and if I found out anything important I will tell you."

He said, turning around and walking outside of the room. He alked out of the building and met back up with Alvondo and Valeriya, shortly after.

Alvondo smiled as Valeriya responded to everything he said, nodding slightly to her explanation on how the cross could hurt other vampire clans, but not hers. To be true, Alvondo didn't really care, he wore the necklace simply because he treasured it, given from the only person he once loved, now gone, and it acted as a constant reminder of the real reason why he's in this academy, for who and for what.
"Nope, I suck at flirting. Unless you wanna become my girl so I can practice my flirting skills on you~" Alvondo teased as Valeriya said he would be fine at flirting, before letting out quite an embarrassed sigh as he scratched the back of his head again. "I told you I suck at it."
Upon seeing the orientation coming to an end, Alvondo nodded at the other's words before standing up. "I wonder where that badass Kyou went~Spying on the student council maybe?" Saying so without any serious meanings as he walked away from his seat, not forgetting to pat the girl with the hood on the head before walking past her. "We're dismissed young lady, you don't have to sneak out no more." He grinned, quite mischievously at her.
Finally, turning his attention back to Valeriya, he waited for her to come out. Alvondo had his usual smile on his face, but because he was standing right under the lights, his crimson red right eye reflected the lights and seemed to glow, making a huge contrast with his other clear light blue eye. He blinked, not wanting his eye color difference to stand out among the crowd, so he looked away. "Let's go, I guess that Kyou guy will be coming back."​

Valeriya raised a brow before chuckling softly as she followed after him, watching as he patted the girls head before they continued to leave the large hall. Having her bag wrapped around her caused her to be able to interlock her fingers behind her back, allowing her to rock on the back of her feet as she hummed. She held a gentle smile on her lips as she raised a brow. "I think it was cute. If that was you flirting." It was not that she was not paying attention to her surroundings, more like she was distracted by the occasional 'attack' of blood lust. "Kyou...spying on the council?" She asked quietly, her brows knitting together as she pursed her lips in thought. "Why..? Why would he do that?" She couldn't understand what one would want or get from spying on them! She shook her head softly, still the worried expression upon her features as she looked around. He mentioned going and she nodded eagerly, desperately wanting to escape the large crowd that continued to flee the auditorium.

Hearing that, Alvondo raised an eyebrow. "Eh? I'm just taking a guess and saying that randomly, you don't have to take it seriously." He said, the fact that the other was thinking about why would anybody spy makes him chuckle. "But it's not weird if some people come here for spying purposes. You have to remember that this academy is an academy of secrets, after all." Alvondo's crimson red eye seemed to glow as he explained. "There are those out there who have a purpose for coming here, it can just to be for the sake of hiding a secret, or digging others' secrets out for whatever reasons. And the student council...As a council who deals with students' problems the most, of course what it held might be the most useful information people seek." Nodding to himself a bit while he explained, Alvondo smiled a bit toward Valeriya.
"I'm not saying that Kyou is spying on the council, but there is always a possibility that the one closest to you may betray you the next second. I...Don't trust anyone." For a moment, his smile faded. "At least not anymore."
"But anyway, you get what I meant." He grinned, patting the other slightly on the back as they exit the auditorium. "You look pale, do you need some blood? That Kyou might give you some of his blood. I can't, sorry. My blood's tainted with a devil's, I think you won't like it."​

Status
Not open for further replies.