Xenotrix Metamorph

Edgepeasant
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
"Welcome, to the Academy Mysterium! You, lucky recipient, have been selected, test pending, to join the most illustrious school for mages! Once becoming a student at our wondrous institution, you will begin learning to use magic studying the various schools of magic known as arcana, including Life, Death, Time, Space, Spirit, Forces, Fate, and Matter. During your time with us, you will become productive members of the magical community, and find ways to use your gifts to help people in a wide variety of ways. Your days as a sleeper, a member of the mundane community that is incapable of harnessing magic are over. We look forward to teaching you, Awakened!"

Magic. A power thought to belong only in the realm of fantasy exists, well into the modern day. It was barely more than a few generations ago when the existence of magic was brought to public attention, but, humanity is adaptive, and very quickly sought to build structure around the new world. Academies were formed all around the world, created with the sole purpose of guiding newly awakened mages onto a path that would not only allow their magic to be monitored, but utilized for the betterment of all. Through this system, the magical community has grown interwoven into the fabric of traditional human society. Mages utilize their magical abilities to aid in more mundane jobs, while also providing new avenues of performing civic duties like transport and law enforcement.

I am looking for up to ten players, maybe nine if I decide to play a student as well. The roleplay will follow one class of students at the Academy Mysterium, and their budding lives as mages. They will be faced with trials in the academy itself while also encountering the troubles of the magical community at large. I will be providing a good deal of information about the setting and the style of magic with the OOC. In the mean time, be aware that magic in this setting is freeform, in of that while written spells do exist, they aren't necessary to perform magic.

So...you interested?

I'm interested!

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph