The Abyss

I would love to join in. Sounds interesting.

Legal Name: Jeremy Avery
Nickname: Lunch Lady
Nationality: North American
Origin country: U.S.A

Appearance: Jeremy is pretty average. He isn't the biggest or strongest guy around that is for sure. If anything he leans towards the scrawnier side. He is 5' 8" has messy black hair, grey eyes, and often sports a little scruff or a five o' clock shadow. His nose is a little fucked up from bar fights and his face sports laugh lines and obvious wrinkles from being expressive.

History: Jeremy's childhood was difficult. He started from poverty with little of the advantages other children have. He grew up with no father and it felt as if his mother was with a new man every other month. The men who came and went through his life were either strangers to him or frightening. His relationship with his own mother was distant and strained. Home always felt like a source of embarrassment or shame more than a home.
He dropped out of high school and fell into crime at an early age to get by, by doing small time trafficking for drug dealers and pawning off stolen goods, and the occasional auto theft. He spent most of his money on vices he developed as he grew into an adult, washing away painful memories mostly with booze. Even with these jobs his income and lifestyle was never stable. When he wasn't on the street he was either squatting or mooching off an acquaintance.
It was only a matter of time until his habits did him in. One day he was driving a stolen car under the influence when he broadsided another vehicle, injuring two adults and killing one child. He was convicted of involuntary manslaughter (vehicular murder) auto-theft, and found with illegal drug possession.
He was sentenced for twelve years.

Personality:
Jeremy has a crude sense of humor and seems to have little respect for others well being or privacy. He is also lazy and mean spirited. Overall he is hard to like. On the surface he is wholly self centered and he may be just as terrible inside as he is on the outside. However he is incredibly secretive with his true feelings and thoughts, especially if it has anything to do with himself. Jeremy hates to talk about personal matters in any serious way. Any conversation will turn into witty remarks or self depreciation which he plays off as being humorous. If that doesn't work he will blatantly change the subject.
Jeremy also loves to purposefully piss people off. He makes it a habit to push other's buttons just to see what ticks them off, sometimes to the point of causing a fight.
Though he looks to take nothing seriously Jeremy's view of the wold is very cynical. It doesn't help that he may be clever underneath all his bullshit and facades. He can be relentlessly logical when the time calls for it and it serves only as a reminder of the potential he may have once had as a human being, all put to waste now.

Likes: sex, drugs, food, being obnoxious, clever or unexpected solutions, making people laugh
Dislikes: boredom, arrogant pricks, thinking too deeply, being serious, confronting real negative emotions

Charged Crime: Involuntary manslaughter, illegal drug possession, and auto-theft
Sentence: 12 years
Occupation: Cafeteria worker, but he calls himself the "lunch lady"
Inmate Number: M12294
Time served: 3 years

Relationships: n/a

Last edited:
Is this still accepting?

Just letting you know, I'm puling a 12 hour shift at work today. I haven't had a chance to sleep either. So I wont be able to post till some time tomorrow. You likely won't want me to post today anyhow considering how sleep deprived I'll be after work. That wouldn't be pretty.
Looking forward to the game though. I don't get the chance to dabble in horror often.

Oh you're fine, don't feel as though you need to rush.

Finally got the chance to post!
I'm also working on a second character for approval.

A second character to try.

colesmall.png

Legal Name: Cole Hanna
Nickname: The Wayfare Killer
Nationality: North American
Origin country: U.S.A

Appearance: He is Caucasian with short, dark and curly hair. He has brown eyes and a mesomorph build. He is on the taller end at 6' 1" but also broad in the shoulders. He keeps himself in good health at a decent weight with nice teeth and clear skin. He could be considered fairly attractive depending on taste.

History: Cole's childhood seemed perfectly normal for a boy who grew into a serial killer. He was raised by two loving parents and had a younger brother. Cole was polite, well behaved, and received average grades in school. There were times when his parents caught him playing exceptionally rough with the pets or other kids, but he looked to have grown out of it during adolescence. He learned to mask his violent urges early, understanding it wasn't accepted. No one caught him when he started killing local strays as a young teen.
That questionable hobby was put on the back burner when he went to college to study anthropology. Violent fantasies always lingered in the back of his mind and the urges only grew. It wasn't until he took a break from school and started touring Europe to focus on painting that he finally gave in and targeted people. He would attract women or men and use his charm to lure them somewhere private. He asked them to pose nude for his work. Sometimes he slept with them and sometimes he didn't. They always ended up somewhere dead and dismembered.
He wouldn't stay in one place long as he continued to travel across countries. For a while the murders weren't considered connected, but when the war broke out travel became more difficult and money became scarce. Cole was forced back to the United States by circumstance. He returned to his home town and picked up odd jobs while going back to school. His new found habit was one he couldn't break however.
The killings had become localized and people soon knew there was a killer on the loose, and those killings were in time connected to the atrocities in Europe. Because of his travels they had titled them the wayfare Murders. After a time the evidence lead back to Cole. Police came during the night to drag him from his apartment. The trials lasted 4 months before he was convicted and shipped off to the Abyss.

Personality: Well spoken and friendly. Cole enjoys the company of others and new experiences. He hates having no options or feeling limited by circumstance. The last thing he would consider himself is boring. If he has a whim he'd go and fulfill his urge rather than wait and miss out. Cole would consider himself a free spirit. More so than others.
A lot of people find him likable. He makes a good ear just as much as a conversationalist. Cole will go out of his way to help another or do a favor, as long as it ends up to his advantage. He has a calm disposition and appears mostly level headed. He isn't someone you'd immediately peg as dangerous. You may even feel comforted by his company. Though he can become surprisingly abrasive when he feels threatened. Which isn't often. He takes most setbacks in stride and keeps a cool confidence. Though usually honest about most things he has no qualms with boldface lies if he thinks it necessary. He is good at it. He kept the biggest secret of his life for nearly a decade.

Likes: Art, theater, nature, travel, hiking, coffee, freedom, control
Dislikes: confinement, feeling weak, rude people

Charged Crime: Charged with 12 accounts of first degree murder. Suspected to have killed more.
Sentence: Life. No parole.

Inmate Number: M15710
Time served: Was in a local penitentiary for 4 months during trial. Has just been transferred to the Abyss so he is a new fish.
Relationships: n/a

Last edited:
Reactions: Void_coffin
I'm such a terrible Co-GM. I didn't friggin put the IC thread on watch. -Headdesks x100-

I'm so sorry. I'll get started on a post right away. T^T

@Commander Cheesecake You're okay, you're not terrible late, but with that the finial of the first post on in.

Post freely until I call the end of free time, it's time to make some friends people.

@Void_coffin
Should I wait to introduce Cole? I can use him now out and about, or would it be better to toss him in later down the line? Just wanted to see if it mattered either way.

@KamrenReed Up to you man, you could throw him in now or wait later. Though, If you wait I'd like to see him in by the next starting day.

Has anyone heard from the GM?
I was going to wait for Void_coffin before posting again but I haven't seen them around. So I've gone ahead and put up another reply.

@Commander Cheesecake @Void_coffin @Azula @MiloMcGurp @Imbroglio

If they disappear permanently what would you like to do with the game? I suppose we could always just play it as a mostly regular prison type game till they return with the main plot. I'm curious how everyone feels about that.

Has anyone heard from the GM?
I was going to wait for Void_coffin before posting again but I haven't seen them around. So I've gone ahead and put up another reply.

@Commander Cheesecake @Void_coffin @Azula @MiloMcGurp @Imbroglio

If they disappear permanently what would you like to do with the game? I suppose we could always just play it as a mostly regular prison type game till they return with the main plot. I'm curious how everyone feels about that.
Hi, Co-GM present. I'm not sure where Void went, I haven't seen him in a while. I was also waiting for him to post something so I've been a little away from this RP as of late.

I'm really enjoying the Abyss so far and would like to go deeper. I'm not certain.

If we continue, they will miss out, but if we stop all together I feel like it would lose its touch or something over time. Though if they are gone permanently then yes. I would like to continued.

I'm really enjoying the Abyss so far and would like to go deeper. I'm not certain.

If we continue, they will miss out, but if we stop all together I feel like it would lose its touch or something over time. Though if they are gone permanently then yes. I would like to continued.
I think right now, we're all waiting on Main GM Void to return from wherever he went to. The Void, maybe.
Ba-dum-tsss.

At least, I'm waiting on him since my character is interacting with his character but I'm still here as Co-GM. You may continue if you would like, I'm sure the two of us can pick up the pieces with long ass posts when he returns.

Reactions: MiloMcGurp
Yep, kinda feel uneasy when it's only us posting about free time without any goal to achieve >.<
So I guess I will reply later when the GM comes back, hopefully.

Been busy~

I'll continue playing.
In game free time is something like eight hours and thus far it's been about 3-5 minuets in-game Hopefully they return soon regardless, but I don't think we could burn through the free time segment in the time it would take them to come back.