Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
img_2065-jpg.126664

-------

breakingnewsalert.jpg

d7446abba86952934edd8b818aa263d1.jpg

"We apologize for interrupting your regularly scheduled programming, but this just in; it was confirmed that at twelve-o'clock this afternoon, an explosion came from the headquarters of the world-renowned super-team, "The Chaperon Sentinels". When authorities arrived at the scene, they discovered the burnt remains of those who made up the team. The leader of the Sentinels, Irwin McAllister, otherwise known as "The Steel Patriot", was the only member who survived the blast and was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. The team was most well-remembered for their triumph over the nefarious super villain, "Doctor Abbadon", after his devastating assault on Chicago three years ago that claimed the lives of countless heroes, law-enforcement, and government officials.

Although authorities cannot pinpoint an exact cause of death for the heroes, many speculate that this is connected to the string of gruesome murders of costumed heroes around the world. This year alone has seen an almost 70% rise in hero-on-hero murders within the 'Meta human' community, beginning with the mutilation of Lady Speedster by her deranged brother, Captain Quick.

The city of New York has already begun funeral preparations for the deceased team and an open-invitation has been extended to the people of the world to celebrate the lives of these great men and women who fought for peace, justice, and honour.

This is Shelley Cooper with Channel Six News, and this has been a breaking news story.

-------​

Since the dawn of man, there has existed two-branches of the human species; everyday Homo-Sapiens, and the people we now refer to as "Homo-Superior". Homo-Superior was thought to be the next stage of human evolution and was meant to drive Homo-Sapien into extinction, but we now know that both species managed to survive and evolve alongside one another until the 4th century, when Homo-Sapiens began to fear their advanced brethren. Years of prejudice, extreme acts of violence, and fear-mongering commuted by Humans led to strained relations with the Homo-Superiors (or "Meta Humans" as modern vernacular now refers to them, which is often just shorted to 'Metas').

But as the turn of the 19th century reared its head and humanity was thrust into a series of revolutions that furthered their evolution as a species, they realized the potential that their advanced-brethren possessed and by the time the First World War had come to an end, the US made an official 'apology' for the years of segregation the Meta Humans had experienced in the past and offered them the equal and basic rights they had been denied for so long (mostly since because many Metas had joined up with both sides of the conflict and in the end, it was a Meta General who convinced the US government to join the conflict, telling President Woodrow Wilson that he saw a vision of the future; if they got involved, the war would be won in a year's time and the world would rejoice).

As part of their new-found alliance, humans and metas worked on building stronger foundations between their species and eventually, by the 1920's, the first man-made 'Meta Human' was born Manhattan at the New York University working in-cooperation with Oxford University. As such, this Meta Human was named "Dr. Manhattan" (as the man who volunteered to be the test subject had a doctorate in psychology) and was seen as the world's first true 'super hero'.

In the following conflict of the Second World War and shortly after the USA's involvement, Dr. Manhattan was put in charge of a group of five super powered individuals, creating the world's first super-team "The Minutemen". The US government trained them to function as a perfect unit and in 1945, they took to the battlefield and helped the Allied Powers win the war. When Japan refused to back out of the war, the subsequent obliteration of Hiroshima by Dr. Manhattan's nuclear-based powers forced their surrender and forced all eyes on the USA. Although many Metas possessed incredible abilities, even they feared Dr. Manhattan's destructive abilities and some believed he was a literal God.

Knowing the danger he posed as a soldier for the US to do with as they pleased, Dr. Manhattan and the Minutemen swore that from then on, they would serve the people of the world and not one government specifically, deciding to distance themselves from the conflict of the war as much as they could. But just as they had banded together to do good, their actions encouraged many Metas and humans alike to take up mantles of their own and used whatever powers they possessed (or they used their resources if they were powerless) to prevent the world from ever entering a conflict like the previous war.

But then, the world's first 'super villain' rose to power; Doctor Abbadon. Born from a Nazi scientist who had managed to steal the serum that created Dr. Manhattan, Doctor Abbadon sought revenge upon the world at large for Germany's loss in the war and attacked an emergency meeting of the United Nations that took place in Chicago. Thankfully his attempts to slaughter the residing members were thwarted and he was immediately sent to jail, but his actions encouraged criminals and 'monsters' from all over the world to follow in his footsteps, mirroring the 'heroes' who had followed in the footsteps of the Minutemen.

As time went on, the rate of costumed Metas and Humans began to increase all across the world. Eventually the founding Minutemen passed on their mantles to younger men and women who swore to fight for peace, honour, and justice. The battles between heroes and villains grew exponentially and planet Earth eventually saw the arrival of extra-terrestrials in the late 1960's after a vessel crashed in Roswell, New Mexico. While the Greys who crashed in Roswell had come in peace, many future visitors would not be so kind. However, Earth's heroes fought valiantly against the ensuing invasions and although times looked dark, the heroes managed to triumph over their extra-terrestrial foes in the end.

By the dawn of the 20th century, the world had been revolutionized both ideologically and technologically. Using the resources provided (either willingly as an act of friendship or by defeating them and stealing whatever they left behind) by the aliens who came to the third rock from the sun, the people of Earth launched themselves into an advanced age previously thought to only exist in the world of fiction. The humans and metas finally learned how to properly isolate and contain the dangerous super-criminals and villains who threatened their world and built a prison known as "The Pit"; a high-security underground facility located in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Each cell was designed specifically for a criminal with the intent of nullifying any powers/abilities they may possess and forcing them to remain in lock-up indefinitely. If a prisoner managed to escape, an automatic security lock-down would engage and seal off the entrance elevator, forcing them to take their chances with the intense water-pressure of the ocean that surrounded the facility.

Although the Pit was thought to be inescapable, the first-ever mass breakout occurred ten years after its original construction in 2004, led by Prisoner Zero; Doctor Abbadon. Due to a miscalculation in his application of the Meta serum he ingested during the 40's, Doctor Abbadon was given unnaturally long life (as was Dr. Manhattan), but learned that the intense nuclear fission within his body that gave him his powers was running out; he was undergoing a nuclear meltdown. When the meltdown was complete, he would die. Dr. Manhattan, having learned of his former foe's condition and fearing that he too might succumb to such a fate one day, worked with the brightest scientific minds in the world to find a cure (or at least a cooling agent to make the meltdown non-catastrophic, as it was estimated that the explosion from their combined bodies could potentially decimate the entire world).

Not one to sit and allow death to take him, Doctor Abbadon plotted an escape. His dying state gave his powers an incredible boost that the security programs couldn't account for and after a short conflict with the guards, Doctor Abbadon freed the entirety of the Pit and promised them that when he finally succumbed to the meltdown, they could rebuild the world and rule it as part of a new order. In a symbolic twist of fate, Doctor Abbadon decided to launch his final assault on the planet where he had first begun his career as a 'super villain'; Chicago.

The ensuing fight (remembered as "the Battle of Chicago") lasted for almost ten days and during the conflict, thousands of Metas (heroes, villains, and civilians), humans, law-enforcement officers and government officials were slaughtered in what seemed to be a never-ending siege. The city of Chicago was reduced to rubble and Doctor Abbadon promised that Chicago's fate would befall the rest of the world. But at last, after having left to planet to search for a way to prevent the meltdown, Dr. Manhattan returned to Earth and fought with Doctor Abbadon one last time. Just as the conflict seemed to end in Doctor Abbadon's favour, Dr. Manhattan grabbed his long-time foe and flew into the Sun. The additional radiation absorbed by both men sped up the meltdown process immensely and once it had reached a critical point, they exploded like a supernova, but the Earth was protected from the blast. Without the strengthened super villain to lead them, many of the escaped criminals were finally defeated while others fled, scattering across the world so as to avoid being re-captured.

The world mourned the loss of Dr. Manhattan and all those who perished during the assault, either defending the city of Chicago or as casualties of the dying villain's rampage.

But now, a new threat has arisen to challenge the Meta community. Seemingly at random, it appears that many costumed heroes (all of which are Metas) across the world are apparently losing their minds, slaughtering both friend, foe, and anyone who gets in their way. Each time the one responsible is apprehended, they are found dead the following day with no brain-activity.

Nobody can seem to understand why the heroes have begun turning against one another, let alone why they always wind up dead after the rampage. Many speculate that some powerful telekinetic being is behind the whole thing, but nobody knows for sure. All they know is any and all investigations into the cause of the 'temporary insanity' by both Metas and Humans have come up empty.

But while the heroes are out killing one another, the villains of the world are out plotting something big.

That's where you come in.

Although not all Metas have succumbed to what the world has dubbed 'The Meta Fever', there is a definite possibility that sooner or later, most of them could turn against their own countries and cause a total-world epidemic. Seeing as how the world and many Metas are too busy dealing with the Meta Fever to pay attention to the non-hero threats that might potentially pop-up, a non-government organization known as T.H.U.N.D.E.R. (The Higher United Nations Defense Enforcement Reserves) has decided to recruit an elite task force of their own to secretly keep the peace while the world focuses on curing the Meta Fever.

The point of this task force is to recruit those who prefer to work without recognition for their actions, have little/no regard for their own lives (and potentially the lives of civilians who might get caught in the crossfire), and those who are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, no matter the consequences; essentially acting as a super hero 'Suicide Squad'.

These individuals can come from all branches of life. They could be average joes with too much money on their hands trying to redeem Mommy and Daddy's death, they could be high-class heroes who've saved the world from the end countless times, or they could even be former-villains and psychopaths looking for a quick-way out of prison/the Pit. Whatever your history, if you agree to the terms and are willing to do as they say, then T.H.U.N.D.E.R. could care less about who you are and what you've done.

Those who agree to join the task force are given a nanite injection to ensure the safety of themselves and their fellow teammates. Due to the 'open invitation' nature of the recruitment process, the nanites are a requirement to ensure one of two possibilities doesn't occur;

1.) If any of the Metas in the team (heroes or former villains) show signs of 'Meta Fever', they can be remotely terminated via a remote control that tells the nanites to attack to nervous system; instantly killing them (or at least rendering them useless/incapacitated as is the case for those with advanced healing factors).

2.) Should any of the members (Meta or Human) decide to opt-out of the program 'prematurely' (or turn their backs on the team by going rogue), the nanites will target the nervous system and effectively kill/incapacitate them.

Those enlisted in the task force have no obligation to stay longer then they desire and may opt-out at any time after a mission. If they leave, the Nanites inside them will be disabled and depending on what they've done for the team, discussions may lead to 'rewards' for their actions (in the case of a criminal, they may be rewarded with a clean-slate and a new identity, for example).

So... Do you think you have what it takes to join this task force? If so, just sign your name below and we'll get started on your introduction.

-------

THREADS:

IC Threads: (organized by Chapter)

Current Chapter:

Chapter 1 - "(Insert Catchphrase Here)"

Character Sheet Thread/Sign-Ups

-------

RULES:

1. No GMing. We don't want any Mary-Sues or Gary-Sues.

2. Maximum of 3 Active Characters per person. Any more needs approval by either myself or my Co-GM, @Esper.

3. Characters have the potential to die/get killed, but please ASK somebody before you attempt to kill their character rather then just say "Your guy is dead."

4. Keep it PG-13! Based on the interest thread it seems like we have a bunch of adult members in this, but let's also remember that we're not in the Red/Bluestar forums. If you want to have interactions between characters that fall more into that category, then go do it elsewhere. Respect the rules of the site!

5. Some scenes will be time skipped if they drag on too long/get too boring, but most of the time we will RP things through.

6. Feel free to throw ideas at the GMs for potential plots/character romances/villain encounters/etc, but just remember that as the GMs, @Esper and I have the final say on what stays and what doesn't.

6.5 COLLAB POSTS!! If you want to do a collab with either myself or another player, then by all means! Just make sure that if you plan on doing one the IC doesn't suffer as a result (ex. If you take to long to post and we've already moved on). Also as a footnote to go with this rule, don't GM another persons character if they're inactive. If they don't respond for a while, then either myself or my Co-GM will NPC them until they either return or we reach a point in the plot where we can dump their character off until they return (or at least to keep the plot moving).

7. Your character cannot have any GM abilities. GM abilities include: Permanent Character Manipulation (mind control/puppetering), Insta-Killing other player's Characters, instantly winning battles whenever they want, etc. We all know what these are so we should be good.

**EXCEPTIONS TO RULE #7!!**

If your character is capable of possessing/mind controlling other characters, they will be restricted to using said power on minor characters (ex. One-Off NPC's, a low ranking goon/criminal) unless it is approved of either by the GMs and/or (in the event that one character is possessing/controlling another player character) the player who will be 'controlled/possessed'.

8. Post at least two paragraphs each time (more is fantastic though!)

9. GM posts will be announced (these include plot movers, special events or even the death/introduction of a new character)

10. If you got this far, here's a cookie *hands cookie*. Also, include an odd fact/quirk about your character in the "Other" section of your sheet so I know who's read the rules. It doesn't have to ever apply ICly, just helps me sort out who's reading this ;)

11. Please make PvP combat fair. It really sucks when somebody proceeds to just punch the crap out of their immobile opponent. In addition, GM moves will NOT be allowed inside PvP combat unless approved/announced in a GM event.

12. Enjoy the RP to the best of your ability and respect your fellow players in the OoC!! ^^

-------

@Joan, @Esper, @DramaMyth, @EmperorsChosen, @LiAngelo, @Crow, @CursedDawn, @kimsim12, @daird, @RedArmyShogun, @Ginutusu, @Winter, @thatguyinthestore

WAITLIST: @Tyrannosaurus Rekt, @Cerulean

Last edited:
Hey, are you cool with us including a description along with any pictures we might use? ^.^

Hey, are you cool with us including a description along with any pictures we might use? ^.^

Yep, that's fine with me ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan
I'll get to work on my guy tomorrow.

And to answer your question about the character sheet, @Crow, I'd prefer to have a visual reference for your character but if you want to have just a description I'm fine with that as well ^^

Reactions: Crow
Also as a note; I fixed a problem with my CS (didn't realize I hadn't put the actual power names in the thing, so Mason's 'powers' were more or less the ramblings of a mad man without context xD), so be sure to double check it to make sure you're good.

Also, as a note, I don't traditionally say 'accepted' for character sheets; so long as it's posted and complete, it's accepted. The only time a sheet WON'T be immediately accepted is if I come to you having a problem with it.

The same applies if @Esper has an issue with your sheet (but we'll consult on that stuff so if an issue comes up it's not a huge deal).

Gah I can't come up with an alias for one of my characters >.<

I should have some free time this weekend so I'll try and get my CSs up! They'll probably still be WIPs, but it's better than nothing.

I don't have any problems with the sheets thus far either. They seem completely in line for this type of RP. Mind you the antagonists will also be on the same level playing field as the protagonists of the story so it could get quite interesting at points.

should hopefully have my character all done tonight
EDIT: ok tomorrow morning, couldn't think of what to do for sample but i got an idea and will be done in the morning :3

Last edited:
I'll have my character done tonight too.

Well not technically morning but close enough xD
Editing took me a bit longer than usual but I'm pretty sure I got everything and didn't leave any important bits out, don't know why I've had such trouble with coming up with characters lately...

Well I had no muse and/or ability to focus yesterday ._. Still working on it, I promise, but the lack of muse is persisting past yesterday, so it may be a little while...ugh. -is annoyed with self-

Well I had no muse and/or ability to focus yesterday ._. Still working on it, I promise, but the lack of muse is persisting past yesterday, so it may be a little while...ugh. -is annoyed with self-

No worries it's cool!

I've been writing a massive thing for @Esper related to the over-arching plot of the RP (surprise xD) so I've been dipping on and off the site.

However, once we have a few more sheets up, I'll launch the IC thread!

• Thank You
I know how you feel, making characters is normally my strong suit but I've had so much trouble lately, even had to drop an rp because I just couldn't get my character finished to a point i was satisfied with

If you need some help with the creation process don't be afraid to reach out and collaborate with others here. You could fill in some gaps by tying characters together or even just having a sounding board.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any doubts . The whole point of group RP is to work together on a story, storytellers (GMs) and players (PCs) alike. If you have a cool idea and want to run it by us we would be glad to hear it out. It might even make a good plot line (personal or otherwise) that we could use to make the experience better.

The feel I am getting from this group is a sort of thrown together team that can get the job done even if there is collateral damage. Hopefully not though. XD

• Love
Where Sin is involved, there will be collateral damage... at least at first. She's not going to care for casualties :P

My sheet is now finished.

Yeah... Grimm's a fan of explosives and automatic weapons... People get shot, its their own fault...

Quick someone roll up an expert in PR. S/he will quickly become team MVP.

Quick someone roll up an expert in PR. S/he will quickly become team MVP.

One of my characters was taught diplomacy, does that count? Probably not