The Aberrant Vaults - OOC

eb6e8bf5ef71bd02b195c619ba504818.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Couple more questions as I refine character ideas in my head:
1. Are Order Agents allowed to have romantic relationships and are they allowed to be parents?
2. Necromancy: Details! What happened as it swept parts of the land? Are the undead that are/can be raised sentient?

1. Are Order Agents allowed to have romantic relationships and are they allowed to be parents?
2. Necromancy: Details! What happened as it swept parts of the land? Are the undead that are/can be raised sentient?
  1. Order Agents can have lovers with condition of knowing that any child conceived will be forfeit to an orphanage and ineligible to become part of the order until both parents are dead (though there's no guarantee the Order will see their child fit for the Order regardless of parentage). These Agents are also not told where their children go and are often assigned jobs far and away from where their kid is placed, or assigned only to Osceli to ensure focus. Agents are discouraged from having lovers as it can be a distraction and a weakness, but it can also be just as distracting to not let them... get it out of their system. Agents cannot adopt children. Any child that comes into the Order, albeit rare, is to be treated like an initiate by Agents with only the Whispers providing more interaction and care as they are more trained to focus outside of a parental mindset.
  2. The nature of necromancy is forbidden to study further, so any information I give you here cannot be IC knowledge (apart from the fact that the undead roamed the Hallows and were made by necromancers and a lot of people died and were brought back to life). Scribes discovered necromancy a long time ago, and it's had multiple resurgences throughout the millennia and world due to Scribes who get too curious and eager. Necromancy is classified under the focus of Soul magic. It is the bastardization of bringing a soul back into a body that has been long dead, but the body in that state cannot hold the soul properly. The souls might not even enter the right body, and it's like the soul isn't completely whole. They're bestial and violent, and depending on the level of decay depends on how difficult to fight they'd be. Even skeletons without any flesh to move the bones can be animated with the right necromantic spell. They're sentient, but not intelligent. All they know is the agony of their state and the impulse to completely tear apart anyone they come across. It started out as experiments on the already dead, but they couldn't figure out how to recall the soul properly, so then it turned into experiments on the recently deceased, which provided the same results, and then from there they started to purposefully murder people, or see how things played out with the undead. The necromancers placed precautions in their spells so that the undead wouldn't harm them. The magic used also affected the land due to the experimental nature of the spells and the classifications of "life." It's a point of shame for Scribes as it nearly caused the exile of their people from Ruane, and they don't teach about it even as a cautionary tale due to the fear it might spark interest again.

1. Order Agents can have lovers with condition of knowing that any child conceived will be forfeit to an orphanage and ineligible to become part of the order until both parents are dead (though there's no guarantee the Order will see their child fit for the Order regardless of parentage). These Agents are also not told where their children go and are often assigned jobs far and away from where their kid is placed, or assigned only to Osceli to ensure focus. Agents are discouraged from having lovers as it can be a distraction and a weakness, but it can also be just as distracting to not let them... get it out of their system. Agents cannot adopt children. Any child that comes into the Order, albeit rare, is to be treated like an initiate by Agents with only the Whispers providing more interaction and care as they are more trained to focus outside of a parental mindset.
  2. The nature of necromancy is forbidden to study further, so any information I give you here cannot be IC knowledge (apart from the fact that the undead roamed the Hallows and were made by necromancers and a lot of people died and were brought back to life). Scribes discovered necromancy a long time ago, and it's had multiple resurgences throughout the millennia and world due to Scribes who get too curious and eager. Necromancy is classified under the focus of Soul magic. It is the bastardization of bringing a soul back into a body that has been long dead, but the body in that state cannot hold the soul properly. The souls might not even enter the right body, and it's like the soul isn't completely whole. They're bestial and violent, and depending on the level of decay depends on how difficult to fight they'd be. Even skeletons without any flesh to move the bones can be animated with the right necromantic spell. They're sentient, but not intelligent. All they know is the agony of their state and the impulse to completely tear apart anyone they come across. It started out as experiments on the already dead, but they couldn't figure out how to recall the soul properly, so then it turned into experiments on the recently deceased, which provided the same results, and then from there they started to purposefully murder people, or see how things played out with the undead. The necromancers placed precautions in their spells so that the undead wouldn't harm them. The magic used also affected the land due to the experimental nature of the spells and the classifications of "life." It's a point of shame for Scribes as it nearly caused the exile of their people from Ruane, and they don't teach about it even as a cautionary tale due to the fear it might spark interest again.
Perfect! Thank you for the info. Naturally, I shall keep this necromancy knowledge solidly separate from IC information and actions.

Reactions: Effervescent
Good afternoon guys! I just wanted to say I'll be going over the posted CSs this weekend and over my break more thoroughly, and will likely start posting whether or not you're accepted around that time! Again, no rush for the people who haven't yet posted, or are still in PMs with me. I won't be starting the IC part until sometime early January as I still have a lot to write out for that intro post.

In the meantime, I have added lore about the Great War and added a few notable NPCs that I'm still building upon. Feel free to check that out. This information won't be as important to know as the other posts, but helps bolster any knowledge or knowing come the plot.

Happy holidays to all! I'll be celebrating Christmas the 25th-28th

Reactions: Pupperr
Character sheet up. Huge thanks to @Effervescent for working with me to get all the kinks out and to @Elle Joyner who gave me the code she used for her sheet.

I have not been able to come up with a character I want to play as, so I probably won't be submitting a sheet. I will read along with the story though.

I have not been able to come up with a character I want to play as, so I probably won't be submitting a sheet. I will read along with the story though.
Hey, no worries! Thanks for taking an interest!

So, I'm definitely an eon late, but I'm smashing out a CS today. However, if I'm too late, please let me know! This is a stellar set up, as always, Eff, and it'll be fantastic for whomever you have.

So, I'm definitely an eon late, but I'm smashing out a CS today. However, if I'm too late, please let me know! This is a stellar set up, as always, Eff, and it'll be fantastic for whomever you have.

No old men allowed, sorry.

;)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Red Thunder
  • Wicked
  • Bucket of Rainbows
  • Haha

;)
You're older than I am, grandma.
Based on this snark alone, I think we let them in.
Be prepared for Dad jokes ad infinitum, should our benevolent GM give her approval

;)
Based on this snark alone, I think we let them in.
Be prepared for Dad jokes ad infinitum, should our benevolent GM give her approval
It would be a better Father experience to Leander than his current one.

;)

This is slander and I protest.
I resent this - in print it's libel.
Hold on, I'll make a recording of this so we can add slander too.

• Haha
There is still time and room for more if you'd like to submit a CS!

There is still time and room for more if you'd like to submit a CS!
Thank you! I've gotta get the backstory fleshed out, then it'll get it posted.

• This Gives Me Plot Bunnies
Reactions: Verran