The Abandoned Dragon Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
i raise my glass and drink it in one gulp and sigh. "cant even get drunk these days."

Saur also lifted the glass, tipping it back and shuddering as the fiery liquid burned his throat. It wasn't often that he cracked open this particular bottle. He usually had a strong tolerance, but this particular brew tested even his years - centuries, even - of immunity. He heard the other man's words and let out a chuckle, reaching for the open bottle. "Perhaps another shot, then?" he asked, figuring he'd do his best to help the other man out.

"might as well make it ten." I chuckle and pull back my hood to show my long white hair and my gold eyes flicker from time to time.

Saur laughed as he heard the other man's words, giving a bemused nod before topping up the other man's glass. Unless this man was simply not able to become drunk, ten shots ought to more than do the trick. As burning and smarting as the brew may be, it was something special. "So," Saur asked as he set the bottle back down, "what brings you here this fine evening?"

After sitting down and receiving their drinks Allover promptly emptied half of her tankard, then pounded it down with a sigh of relief as her headache disappeared. "Ah alcohol," Inky began, it's smile appearing again, "the fuel of the artist." But the smile disappeared as it saw where exactly she had placed the cup, on the peice of paper that held the creature's hand. He growled, "what is this nonsense!?" "Say your sorry." Allover pointed at the skeleton as it was breaking the fourth wall. "I shouldn't have to. I'm not a newborn and he most certainly is not either." "You want your hand back?" "Damnit woman." Inky slowly turned to the dead man, the back substance that made it up appearing to simmer. "I apologize," it growled, and turned back to Allover who took the paper and ripped it in half.

Inky's hand 'flowed' out of the rip and was shaken a few times. The creature stuck a finger into one of the glasses of water, turning it as black as it's body and absorbing it like a sponge. This left no stain on the glass, if anything it was cleaner. As her companion was drinking Allover was getting a few more things from her bag: a few paintbrushes, a larger and thicker piece of paper, and well maintained wooden plate. She then saw the man with wings. "Oh Apollo damn it," she muttered.

Last edited by a moderator:
i drink them all one at a time feeling as the alcohol burns my throat and i sigh. "lets just say...im running from my past."

PrincexPrince-115.jpg

A wheezing breath, followed by a wracking cough. Blood splattered his hand as he held it over his lips, the mask normally worn to cover the bottom half of his face had been pulled down, hanging loosely about his neck. Every breath, every cough, sent a searing pain up his torso. It was nearly unbearable, but he had been through worse. A building loomed in the distance and almost instinctively he headed towards it, his ribs were broken, jabbing at him with each step and every breath. The going was slow, agonizingly slow.

It took the nekojin far more time than he would've liked to approach the tavern, he hesitated a moment once he reached the door. Wiping the blood that coated his fingers on his pants as best he could. Another hesitation, then he pulled that mask up to hide the bottom half of his face, hiding scars that he rarely ever let anyone see. Slowly and with an effort that sent a whole new wave of searing pain across his chest, he pushed the door open. Another cough threatened to break lose, but he held it back somehow and stepped fully into the room. Jack moved slowly across the room, a hand over his midsection, trying to cover the horrible bruising that was too large to be covered by his hand.

Black cat ears rested on the top of his head, a head of black hair, and those ears were drooping a bit. His chest was bare, save for the large bruising all along the left side. Ribs were certainly broken, even an untrained healer could see that from the evidence present. A mask hid the lower half of his face, sleeves adorned his arms and his pants weren't quite pants. One side had an actual pant leg, the other was short, holding a leg sleeve of some type to it with a garter like strap. A long black cat tail swished behind him very slowly.

Jack went straight for the bar, ignoring any and all of the other patrons of this establishment. Once he reached the bar he eased himself gently onto one of the stools, his left hand gripping the edge of the bar tightly while his right remained resting over a small portion of the large bruising. His breathing was very slow, almost labored as he made a conscious effort to not breath too deeply.

Saur smiled as he watched the other man down his next shot of the fiery brew. He gave a nod upon hearing the other man's words, lifting a hand and running it through his messy black hair. "Yeah, I get a lot of that, mate," he replied, reaching over and refilling the glass again. "Sometimes it feels like as fast and far as you may run, it'll always catch up with ya, but it'll-" Saur was interrupted by the opening of the door as a man walked in. The man had cat ears and a tail - unusual, Saur thought, but not unseen. This man, however, was clearly injured, and as he came forward and seated himself at the bar, Saur could hear a wheezy weakness in his breathing. "Are you alright, mate?" Saur asked, his jovial smile fading into a concerned frown. "Looks like you've taken a right brutal beating."

It seemed he had caught the barkeeps attention with his presence, though that didn't surprise him, the way he was dressed, the large bruise, or just the cat ears and tail were attention getters. An amused smile touched his lips, lips that were hidden by the mask he had pulled back up just before entering. "You should see the other guy." His voice was a pained whisper, barely audible. Even talking wracked his chest with pain, and the words were followed with a slight grimace. Jack's ears twitched a bit, not much, but a bit, just listening so no one could get the drop on him.

That head tilted to the side slightly as he eyed the barkeep, not a bad looking fellow, but the nekojin pushed that thought from his head for the moment. "Could I trouble you for some water, friend?" Again the words were a pained whisper, followed by another wince, the fingers over the large bruising twitched a bit, as if the slight pressure would stop the pain. Of course it didn't, if anything it only made him wince again. With that third wince he turned his head slightly, as if trying to hide it from the barkeep.

Saur couldn't help but to chuckle at the other man's first comment, and he gave a nod when the man asked for water. "I can certainly do that, mate," he replied, going to fetch the water pitcher. From beneath the counter he pulled out a glass, plunking it down on the counter and filling it with water. "Here ya go. Are you gonna be alright? Can't have people dying in my tavern, bad for business, you know how it is," he said as he pushed the glass across the counter to the other man, his tone one of gentle teasing and a smile on his lips. Tease as he might, he was concerned for the other man's well-being. Their tavern was there to help people, and though they didn't have a doctor in the place, having somebody die in the place would be far from helping. The closest they had to a doctor, Saur thought, was Mercy, who kept a handful of healing herbs in the kitchen and knew a few basic skills, but Saur didn't know whether or not setting bones was among them.

Jack glanced around for a moment, casting his gaze this way and that, as if making certain no one was really looking this way. Though he quickly decided that it didn't matter once the glass was set down in front of him. His other hand reached up and tugged that mask down so it rest around his neck, revealing lips that were a bit stained with blood from the earlier coughing, and marred with scars. Scars that were left from having his lips sewn shut at least at one time in his life. They were old scars, and Jack was not proud of them, he didn't like showing them to others. His body had tensed, and he had tilted his head away just slightly.

The hand that had lowered the mask, now reached for the glass of water, while his other hand remained over that large bruise. "I usually heal quickly, I'm not trying to be any trouble." There was a sincerity in that pained voice, and then the glass was being brought up to his lips. It hurt to swallow, but that water was so good. He gulped it down far faster than he should have, the pain that wracked through his chest causing him to bed forward just slightly, then the empty glass was being placed on the bar top with a hand that trembled slightly from the pain. Jack didn't dare ask for a bed, he was rather lacking in currency at the moment, that and a lot of his belongings were gone. All of his weapons except the one dagger hidden up his right sleeve were gone. Jack still had his magic though, but it was illusion magic and he almost never used it.

A light sigh passed his scarred lips and he nudged the empty glass forward slightly with a finger. "Tell me, heard any rumors? Specifically about a dragon or a person that can change into a dragon?" When those words were spoken, his already low voice, still laced with pain, had gotten lower, not wanting anyone else to hear him.

It removed it's cloak in one quick motion, to reveal a man with red hair and an unsightly lump on his cheek. His trousers slightly ripped from the removing of the cloak. " I guess I don't know my own strenght, either that or the fabric was cheap, let's go with the first option, shall we ?" He said as he began circling the table he once sat on, " The name's Fip," He said blankly. " Oh ! " He said as he had just been shot at, " You're probably wondering ho-. . . A dragon you say ?!?" He said at the top of his voice half by accident and half for the interruption of his biography he'd worked half a year on. " Well," He said with a sarcastic chuckle. " Tell me more, tell ALL of us more, " Fip walked towards the counter and leaned on it. " Y'know the saying, you can always trust a man with a three letter name," He said in a sing song voice.

@Kry

phoenix's eyes widen at the mention of a dragon but shrugged it off. "i hear of only one and besides him i have seen no other...." i say as i pull out a small dragon that turns into a person. "this is thunderstrike. he is a rare species of dragon that can shape shift into a man or any other type of dragon..."

Saur watched quietly while the other man drank the water. He could see the pain in the man, how just drinking a simple glass of water brought him pain, and he hated it, but if the other man claimed he'd naturally heal sooner than later, there wasn't much he could do. He listened, next, as the man spoke, quirking an eyebrow. "A dragon, or a person who can turn into a dragon? I can't say that I have, mate," he said thoughtfully. Many tended to come into the tavern with rumours, but with the travelling nature of the tavern, it was hard to pinpoint them. Last night, a man had come in telling some story about a ghost - a terrifying, horrific ghost who had tormented him to no end - but that was the closest thing Saur could think of, and a ghost is far from a dragon. "Did you want a refill?" he asked, nodding towards the now empty glass.

A frown came to Saur's lips as the cloaked man stood up and removed his cloak, coming forward. Hadn't that man just been babbling nonsense earlier? Something about only knowing things about himself that other people knew - that was why Mercy had told him to tell her anything he remembered. He watched as the man, who introduced himself as Fip, came over and leaned on the counter, and Saur hoped that he wouldn't make the injured newcomer uncomfortable.

Jack tensed visibly as the other approached, and he gave him a very wary stare. A gaze of distrust, and a look in his eye the betrayed he was thinking of running. Jack wasn't one to run from strangers so quickly, but in this state, he could barely defend himself. He shook his head slightly, wondering how others could have heard him when he had been speaking so quietly to the bartender. Though it didn't matter, and Jack grimaced lightly, his eyes on Fip. "I don't know anything, that's why I'm asking questions." A hint of annoyance seemed to hang at the edge of his words. His attention returned to the bartender.

"Another question then, have you seen a woman or perhaps her twin brother. Both go by the name of Mei, both have a large dragon tattoo." There was a slight frown on his lips, and his brow creased the tiniest bit. It had been so long, too long, he was having trouble remembering what they looked like. Emotions swam in Jack's feline like eyes, loss and regret, pain that had nothing to do with the current state of his ribs. After that small pause he continued with his description. "You'd notice them if you saw, they both have long blue hair with a few black streaks here and there, piercing black eyes. The tattoo winds and wraps itself up along their entire body." There was almost an eagerness in his voice, a lost hope just barely glimmering in his eyes. "They wouldn't have come in at the same time, you'd have seen one or the other, but not both at the same time." All because it was the same person, just able to shift genders and turn into a dragon. The dragon more or less sealed within the shifters body, but Jack wouldn't give away that much information.

Fip let out a smirk upon hearing about the twins, his senses were tingling. " Dragons, aye, flying fish I call 'em," He rested his arm on the shoulder of the person who went by the name of Jack. " I remember seeing a few hours before the faithful day, I remember it clearly, It was dark so dark, you couldn't see the ground no matter how much you strained, our only source of light : fire. Fire from the mouth of dragons who conveniently flew above. " He began making random hand gestures with his free hand that had no relevance to what he was saying. " Me and my men were fighting a fleet of enemies, one of which jabbed half his bloody knife down the side of my cheek ..." The random gestures of his hand slowed down as if to show sympathy. " We had bitten off more that we could chew, me especially, y'know with the messed up jaw. Pun in intended. We ultimately lost and were left to die, many of us did, all but one. Me." He let out a brief sigh. " The fucking bastards promised they wouldn't die, I would have too, if not for ' It '. It too was on the verge of dying so we made a deal, I'd let it live in me and occasionally even let it take control. There were some side effects, It suffered from continuas memory loss and me off, well. . .THIS !!! " He pointed to the bulge on his cheek. " If I'd known I'd maintain the appearance I had three years ago, cuts and all, I would have done myself up, maybe I'd have even waxed," He slapped the back of Jack playfully, " The stranger with the mask, has a nice ring to it don't ya think, at least if you fail your mission you know you have a good code name going for you," He said assuming it was some sort of mission. " You're finest wine, please," He said with a half smurk as that was all the bulge on his face would allow.

Jack's body tensed and a shiver ran down his spine, the slightest hint of fear in his eyes as Fip put the hand on his shoulder. It was the reaction of one that didn't often expect a gentle touch from others. Still, he tilted his head slightly, turning it to watch Fip rather intently as the other spoke. This new information wasn't helpful at all, but he listened still. A little intrigue by this strange person, his cat ears twitching slightly, mostly swiveling towards Fip as the other told his tale and gestured wildly about.

That playful smack to his back, sent Jack tilting forward, one hand reaching for the edge of the bar top to steady himself. The hand that had rested over his broken ribs moved to cover his lips. Intense pain had crossed Jack's features at the playful smack and it sent him into a painful fit of coughing for a few moments. The broken bones had shifted, poked at things that shouldn't really be poked by sharp things. He grimaced, only the softest sound of pain had left those lips just before the coughing, and when he pulled his fingers from his lips they dripped with a bit of blood.

His breathing was more labored now, his body trembling the slightest bit from the pain, though it was easy to tell he was trying to hide it hard. "Interesting story, friend." Jack's eyes were once more on Fip. "I'm not on a mission, just looking for my lost friends." Though the tone he spoke with it, it was easy to tell he didn't really expect to find who he was looking for.

@Kry phoenix notices how much in pain the man named jack is and i walk up to him. "sir. if youd like....i could heal you right up. take only two seconds."

Saur had a frown on his lips as he watched the exchange between the two men. He could see the visible discomfort Jack was in, and the pain as well. He wished he could do something to help, but unless the other man let him, there was nothing he could do. The redheaded man, Fip, casually asked for some of Saur's finest wine, and he raised an eyebrow curiously. All people had different tastes in wine - what Saur thought was his finest might not quite be Fip's taste. "Red or white, mate?" Saur asked, unsure what he would want. While he awaited the other man's response, he considered Jack's question. A man or a woman with blue hair and a dragon tattoo. It was strange; Saur typically remembered all those who passed through the tavern doors, and he usually knew with certainty whether or not he'd seen someone - especially someone as notable as the pair Jack described. Right now, however, he wasn't entirely sure.

For the moment, Jack was ignoring Fip. The nekojin's attention had been caught by another. That head tilting slightly forward at the one that said he could heal him. A healer usually cost money, and Jack was out of that. A slight frown touched his scarred lips for a moment as he considered the offer. Slowly Jack turned towards the one offering to heal him. "I've no way of paying for something like that." His body was still a bit tense from all the physical contact and closeness of Fip.

That cat eyed gaze drifted to the bartender for a moment and he offered the man a slight smile. "It's alright if you haven't seen either of them. It's been so long." A pained sigh passed his lips and he rubbed lightly at the large bruise on his torso, his attention returning to the one that offered to heal him, watching and wondering what the price for such a service would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.