The 7 kingdoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
The now calmer princess had left by the time he asked. Instead, a butler jumped at his question. "Your Highness, the princess has, in fact, invited you to the main arena of this palace. She does not like strangers in her private area. I have the duty to get you there if you accept her challenge and invitation.", he explained, waiting, "if the princess is only half as serious as usual, I would recommend delay, Sir. Would you like to eat or drink something before leaving?"

---

"Do you wanna watch?", she mouthed towards Mei, waiting for a second to see whether she'd come along.

"Don't worry I filled up on everything earlier" Park smiled at the butler, taping his stomach as he did. "So please show me to this arena" he said. The Fox king followed the butler down to the training grounds. It was larger than the one in the Yan kingdom, however it did not seem to have as much stuff. "So how are we going to to the fight then?" the boy asked as he looked around.

The place they were at was not the training grounds which explained the lack of stuff. It much rather looked like a smaller version of the collosseum, with many podests for people to watch. At this ungodly hour, however, those were obviously empty as the night had broken into the land.
It was a field huge enough for dragons to fight with a rocky ground, leaving very much space for enemies to go all out on each other.

A voice behind him caught his attention. The girl it belonged to was hidden in a shadow post by the walls leading to the higher podests. Her silhouette seemed to have her arms crossed and was leaning against a wall. "Do you prefer bruises or cuts?", she asked eerily, not showing just yet.

The butler was getting really nervous. With an "Uhm, I-i think I'll wait outside!!", he rushed away, leaving the two warriors to themselves.

"Well I don't really mind, it is really up to you" the boy said as he examined the figure. "But I do have a fare few scars already on my body, so I guess bruises would suit me better" he told her. "But please, this is your Colosseum so you must choose the rules" he insisted, giving a quick wink to the shadowy girl

tempest2.jpg
Couldn't find a better reference than this one.... the hair must be crimsonred and the red-brownish details must be lightgreen, but other than that it suits her lightest armor quite well. Including the wings later, not yet.)

Truth be told, Atesha had had no idea what to expect of the boy. He wasn't particularly muscular, but looked like one of the strongest kinds that were underestimated at first-like her. She should have asked her father what kind of abilities Foxes were blessed with and cursed herself for not preparing well enough - then again, he didn't know of her powers, either, did he? He'd only seen her lightly influence flowers.. he hadn't seen anything else yet.
Atesha had decided to pick an armor that would let her be flexible. It was strong enough to protect her most important parts from light slices, but wouldn't withstand something powerful.. not to mention that her head, hair, partly upper arms and thighs were revealed.. but hey, she could move quickly in this one and had no intention of going on defense with anything beside her sword. Golden Phoenix of the blessed sun giving life to this country everyday, please help me win this., with these thoughts, she stepped out of the shadows.

The light armor seemed to feel much more comfy for the girl as she seemed much less annoyed. In fact, she almost looked happy with the situation as it was now. Dresses and those cursed grid skirts as well as those uncomfortable high heels were such a pain to wear. She was more agile in her daily clothing, meaning, decent armor-like attires.
"Ok, then I shall set the rules. There will be only one: whatever happens in this arena, it mustn't damage anything outside. Other than that...", she trailed off and gave him a distractingly sweet and innocent smile - untypical for the girl as he'd gotten to know her. Suddenly a huge monstrosity of a thorn-filled plant grew out of the ground right underneath Park, its tendril-like leaves snatching him around legs and arms, rising him a few feet into the hair whilst trying to embrace his limbs tightly enough to make him feel numb and lose control over them.
But she respected his wish to leave no more scars, so the thorns disappeared back into the plants wherever they would have touched his skin.

Park admired the girl as she stepped from the shadows. It was obvious that she was much happier in the armour than in leisure clothing. She seemed to utter something before revealing herself from the shadows. The Fox king was not sure what she said though. "Looks like I can't go full out then" he joked at her rule, or was he being painfully truthful?

He looked as she smiled, next thing he was suspend from a plant. Such a strange power for a Phoenix girl to have. He sighed as he looked down at her, "That was rude, you distracted me with you face" he pouted.

"Well it doesn't matter anymore" a voice said from behind the girl. All that was left in the vines that had tangled him was his kimono. He was standing behind the girl, shirtless, his body covered in scars. His body was toned completely. Although he wasn't a bulging lough of muscle, there was not a useless piece of fat on his body. He was rubbing his wrists from where he had been grabbed.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Most people would expect the Phoenix royalty to have firepowers because that's what many mistook Phoenixes for. How wrong they were.. Phoenixes sure had a fiery passion, but unlike dragons, they did not stand for infernal destruction and flames. They stood for life... which was why these people were blessed with powers affecting life. Those abilities could primarily be divided in light and nature. And then there was the trademark extension of their body they could develop: wings. Like phoenixes, the royalty blessed with their powers could fly if necessary.

In a split second the girl spun around, surprised at his unexpected appearance behind her. That surprise was blown in moments, though. He could teleport. Ok, noted, she'd find some way to deal with this ability. His shirtless appearance left her neutral, though. Having seen many handsome men during her training and remaining life, it would take more than good looks to spark her interest.

All his complaints got out of her was an amused smile. "I'm sorry for limiting you in case you wanted to bath this country with your power like an ill-bred brute. Would you like me to wear a mask?", she asked, taking a few steps back from him.
Tiny, only inches big plant-like beings grew from the grounds, all of them opening blossoms which emitted.. polls? Spores?? Soon the air was filled with a white-ish mist which blurred one's eyes and goddammit, this substance made one feel itchy wherever it got in contact with their skin! Being shirtless wasn't such a good idea, now, was it?

Her entire body and armor started to give off a light glow that signalled she was trying to block her own ability. Bad thing that made her visible through the poll-fog she'd created more easily. "You'll end up as fertilizer for my flowergarden if you inhale too much of this."

----------------

"It seems the two are in the arena. That is no big problem as the king of Yan apparently had nothing left to talk about.", Faust said, "What would my guests like to do in this case? Do you have any more implications, your highness?", he asked the Tiger King. "If it has gotten too late for your taste to travel home, I would be very happy to welcome all of you as my guests for the night. We might go watch their battle later or I can show you around in Zhao's most cherished attractions."

"A mask would not suit you" he said with a devilish smile. He did not look like he was in any form of fighting stance. He was simply standing behind the girl. "Don't worry I will respect your one rule" he told her as he moved to face her now. She had backed off a bit, and was summoning something. Slowly the air became thick with a mist, but it became clear that this was no ordinary fog. Spores or seeds, he could not tell. However she was right when she told him not to breath in too much, this could become a problem.

"I do not care for such futile acts in battle" Came parks voice from the mist. A large gust of wind erupt from his direction, blowing back the spores. They still floated neatly around the arena, however the wind current produced by what seemed to be a wave of the boys hands was no clear.

When their eyes met, an unreal pressure was emitted from the boy. It burst from him like a monstrous presence. His eyes glowed slightly as he looked down at the girl. His aura could be felt from the other room, where all the Kings sat. "Give up" he spoke, his words were not like normal. They seemed to be filled with his predator like presence and tainted with the thirst for blood.

But the aura soon faded as the boy coughed "Ah shit" he said as he seemed to revert back to his immature self. He coughed and spat at the ground, trying to get the pollen out his throat. He was itching his skin as well, he looked more like a poor child than a fighter at this point.

She took his disapproval of her wearing a mask as a compliment and gave another small smirk. That smile didn't disappear when her fog was blown out of the way. Wind powers. Noted. Good, at least she wouldn't have to feel itchy herself anymore. Not that her own powers affected her.. Neutralizing the itch polls was still a pain, though. "Strong moves alone are boring.. "futile acts" as you call them give the battle a spicy taste if they're as distracting as itching."

What DID make her smirk go away was the short presence of a monstrosity too inhuman for words to describe. Her hair was blown back a little softly when the pressure hit her like a demonic wind that made her stomach curl. What in the name of the golden Phoenix was THAT?
When he spoke, without his usual arrogant and joking attitude, demanding.. No, ordering her to give up, she couldn't deny the shiver that crawled down her back.
But she was way too stubborn to back down. If this was a way to scare her, it wouldn't work well enough to ruin her focus or make her surrender. That guy needed a proper taste of what she could do first.. "I will not give up. You are gonna go down.", with that, she was holding her mother's sword which started to glow white, bathing the whole arena in a light brighter than the sun with the charged and unreleased energy when suddenly..

'What?', she thought when his horrifying aura disappeared, leaving a more trusted version of Park behind. She cancelled her attack temporarily, lowering her sword a little to observe the situation.
There was something important she needed to know. "Did you just ask me to give up?", she asked, her tone serious as she had the suspicion that Park, well... That just hadn't felt like Park. She wanted to neutralize the itching, but wouldn't get near this man yet.

He spluttered and coughed for a few seconds more, then composed himself. "Yeah I did" He told her, still trying to clear his throat a little. "I was surprised you with stood it. Most people back off instantly" he said. "Then again I did start coughing half way through" he pondered to himself. He noticed she was about to attack before she saw him coughing. It seemed she was empowering her sword with energy before she was distracted.

The Fix king moved almost instantly. He appeared right in front of her, just like how he escaped from the thorns earlier. The boy slammed his head into hers with a devastating and unexpected headbutt. It definitely was not the kind of attack you would expect from a king. "You should never hesitate" he told her, just before his headbutt connected.

"I must admit, you were terrifying for a second there.", she chuckled, but also added, "Now that I know the act, I won't fall for it again, though."
The first thing coming to her mind when he suddenly popped up in front of her was Sword!, and it was also her first reaction. Rather than to use the split second she had to dodge or put her arms up in defense, she dissolved the sword in what seemed pure light. If she had been fast enough to register that, she would have been fast enough to react in a semi-defensive stance... Was the sword more important to her than her own skull?

Either way, the headbutt slammed into her forehead fullforce, luckily not breaking her nose or anything lower. But she had a laceration on her forehead and partly hidden underneath her hair, blood dripping down her cheeks and nose. Stumbling back a few steps and holding her forehead with one hand, she instinctively rose the other, letting trees grow around her like a fence blocking off things from all sides. These would only be necessary temporarily. Blocking off one punch or kick of his was enough.. all she needed was a moment.. one moment to heal..

...a few breaths and only blood was left, no more wound. She wiped it with the back of the glove of her right hand and focused as her higher back started to glow.

When he did something about the treefence, he would be hit by what felt like highly focused sunray-needles (it's technically laserrays in today's science, isn't it?), hundreds of them piercing their way into his skin and leaving small burns. When those dazzling lights had disappeared the girl was nowhere in sight!

(Sorry it took so long, I had a shower.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Park removed the petty fence with ease. She was clearly underestimating him, he was a King after all. That sort of title doesn't come easy, especially with the Yan kingdoms rules for who is crowned. After all, Park used to have 3 older brothers...used to.

Once the boy removed the pesky weeds from his path he looked for the girl. But instead was met with a wall of light. The shot into his body, piercing straight through him with their heat. He moved one hand up instinctively to cover his face, but it didn't do much. Once the attack had finished the boy removed his arm. His body was smoking slightly, and parts of his flesh was burned. However he seemed to have a disappointed look on his face. Like he was expecting something more from her. "You know your father told me not to hurt you" he called out to her. His mix matched eyes scanned the area lightly. "He doesn't think you can handle yourself" he continued, turning his body around in a circle. "To be honest I can see why no, you rely a lot on your powers" he said as he stopped rotating. "I thought you were going to use that sword of yours, but it seems that you care for it too much" he laughed.

The girl was floating approximately 100 feet up in the sky, flapping her angellike, but material wings as quietly as possible while hearing him out. He was only looking around.. not up yet, it seemed. She clutched her fists, trying hard to contain the anger his words were building up inside of her.
On the one hand, this sword was the last item beside her hidden necklace she still had left from her mother. She cherished and loved it so much because it still carried her presence and the girl almost felt like a part of her mother's love was still in that sword. On the other hand, the king WAS right. She had trained so hard with other swords that she was not to be underestimated when it came to swordsmanship. If she had refused to use any other weapon... why not use this one as a weapon?
She had wanted to take a different one, but this one felt like her mom.. who used to fight by her side.. it clicked somewhere in the back of her head. Yeah, that was right.. they had not just been mother and daughter, they had fought together.. so she should fight together with the sword.

"Really?", she asked, a small smile on her face. With these words her location up in the sky was finally revealed. Her light powers and those white feathery wings gave her a nearly angelic presence if it weren't for the armor and the little leftover blood on her right hand and forehead. "It's one of the few things that I still have from mom, so sorry." She threw the thing in his direction as hard and fast as a spear. What an interesting way to use a sword..

In the meanwhile she landed not too far from him, maybe a few feet. he could teleport, so it wouldn't make a difference. The first time she'd taken an actual battle stance was actually... right now. All of her limbs lightly flexed and ready to jump at anything that came. Her wings dissolved in another huge amount of this annoying light that would surely blind the fox king if he saw too much of it. What would he react to? Her kick that was flying right at his face or the sword aiming for his stomach?

If he managed to catch a proper look of the blade, it didn't look material, but slightly.. transparent.. would wind affect this thing after all?

A slim, pale hand dropped the letter onto the cold, marble floor. Golden letters on it became deformed, as a high, dark, blue heel stepped onto the richly designed paper.

''Your Grace?'' The messenger asked. He wasn't sure what the Queen's answer was. His voice was shivering.

The blue and gold dress spun around and The Queen's firm voice commanded. ''No need for you to deliver the answer. I will reach your country before you do.'' With that The Queen stormed past the messenger. He flinched. He was afraid of her. She spoke again. ''Ser Donis, Prepare the Eagles, we fly for the Phoenix Kingdom. Right now.''

The Queens First Hand nodded and rushed after her. Ten more men followed, The Queens guard, leaving the Phoenix messenger confused, and scared.

(It was just a guess because she stomped on the letter like she wanted to see its sender dead. :P Eventhough we've got very many replies already, you haven't missed much.

A rough sum-up if you want to:

In order to prevent further conflict escalation in current war-like conditions, a meeting was organized at the kingdom of Zhao to which all rulers of the continent were invited. This was not my decision in case you ask yourself that.
At first the kings of the Dragon kingdom, Ryu, and the Fox Kingdom, Pyr-il Park (just call him Park) arrived, being welcomed by the king and... not so much welcomed by Zhao's princess.

Then, the ruler of the Tiger kingdom arrived. His name is unknown, but he has a daughter called Mei who dislikes her father's egoistic, sexist and cunning ways. Ryu, a revolutionist that killed the own tyrannical king of his home, isn't fond of the idea, either. So the two formed an alliance to marry and cause their countries to work together. Final goal is to trick Mei's father and have Mei as the new queen. Atesha, princess of Zhao, has a small talk with Mei and finds out. She likes the idea a lot and makes a friend out of Mei, giving her a dagger as a gift and telling her she wants to help if necessary or wanted.
Meanwhile Park, ruler of Fox kingdom, has been giving some arrogant remarks about Ryu's revolution and shown his disrespect in polite disguise.

The princess of Zhao became active after his last remark, unable to hold in her wrath anymore. Park's kingdom has a general who the princess accuses of her mother's death, but it could never be proven and no one ever believed her.
So, furios for the past seven years, she decides to let her anger show in another way and challenges him to a fight, implying him being a sexist that won't fight women. The real case gets on the table quickly, though, but Park doesn't make any moves to check out that general yet.
He's rather intrigued by the princess of Zhao's fighting spirit and interest in battle. In the end the two leave and fight in the arena where they are now. Meanwhile, the remaining guests and host, Faust the king of Zhao, are still in the dining hall, assuming that no more people will arrive because it's so late already..

... and then your queen makes a surprising entrance. C: )

The Wei King had been taking a nap. Things like meetings did not interest Gyou Kung, so he had decided to skip it. He was feared anyhow since he had killed the Fox Kingdom's king so it was unlikely the other kingdoms would try to cause conflict with the Wei. Despite being a very young king, he was already quite powerful and a capable leader, albeit a bit lazy, which was showing now. A few men from his kingdom had chosen to attend the meeting and rushed back to report to their king.

"My Lord! There's a battle going on at the arena of Zhao!" one of the men reported excitedly. Gyou loved battle, and this was probably the only reason he would attend the meeting. Gyou opened one eye, curious, "Oh? Between who?"

"It is between the King of Yan and the princess of Zhao!"

"Oh? The kid of that crappy king I killed?" Gyou said, sitting up. He was amused now. "Interesting...I'll be right there." He called upon a magical cloud, which he rode to the arena, not missing the chance to spectate a battle between two high ranking people. "If it gets good enough maybe I'll join in myself," the king laughed, talking to himself.

Mei had been watching the fight from afar, having no interest on getting involved personally...at least not yet. Besides, the use of weapons was an act for her. Why use materialistic and cold steel when she was able to extend her fingernails into that of claws to attack her opponent with? Sure, it was risky, meaning she had to get closer in order to do so...but at least it wasn't as...heartless as steel. At least in her opinion. Claws and fangs. Not that she was the kind to rip out their throats with her teeth. No no...she was far too classy for that. She had some dignity and control. Even with the fire of the tiger raging in her belly.

Exhaling heavily, she pushed herself reluctantly to her feet and placed her hands upon the edge of the barrier that kept the arena separate from the slowly ascending seating. She was grateful that Atesha had made the decision to talk to her, knowing that she would need a friend like her. Especially if they're both some day destined to be rulers. She would be a powerful ally, and a good friend to have on her side...especially in times of need.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
The boy looked up to see the angel like figure above him. He was rather surprised at her appearance, he had never seen anything like it. However how you look does no always help how you fight. She seemed to agree with the fact she was not really fighting the boy properly. And just like he wanted, his words had got to her. He watched as the sword plummeted towards the boys stomach. She was definitely strong, her duo attack was a very good tactic. It seemed that the wings gave her a burst of speed as well as a flash screen that would blind the enemy.

Unfortunately she was at a rather large disadvantage. She knew nothing about the Fox kings power.

"I guess stage one will do. There is no point in an over kill is there?" he asked himself as he watched the blade make it's way for his stomach. The kick was aimed clean at his head. The Fox boy's left eye, the yellow one, seemed to change slightly. A small ring formed around it, but only for a split second, and the only person who would have been able to see the change would be his opponent.

Everything slowed down for Park il-pyo. His vision moved incredibly fast, analyzing the situation. Then he moved. He rotated his body slightly, but not too much. The blade only missing his stomach. The blinding light did not seem to affect his yellow eye. Next was the kick. Rather than trying to dodge or block, he attacked. If he had chose to do the other two he would have been hit for sure. But he was faster. His leg kicked out the girls supporting foot. She could feel her body falling. Instantly he was over her. His fist aimed for her face. But he stopped just before, letting her body fall to the ground.

The event unfold way to fast for people to believe it was true.

"Lets call it a day shall we. It seems you have more guest. I'm sure they wouldn't want to see you in such a state" Park said, standing over the girl. He did not seem normal. His presence was not monstrous, but it did show control. The aura of a true king. His yellow eye had gone back to normal, no ring was formed around it.

After an hour the eagles were ready. These aren't ordinary ones. These are a rare, royal kind, big enough to carry two people long distance. Blue armor covering their beaks and claws, with some gold markings engraved in them, and plenty of decorating sapphires.

''No.'' The Queen says firmly as she walks through the Eagle Greenhouse, close to the men that were armoring the eagles. The greenhouse is huge, with holes in the glass roof for the eagles to live freely. It is filled with giant rocks and wild nature. Along with small animals if the eagles feel like hunting. The Queen owns about 20 eagles, more than any King or Queen of her Kingdom had. ''Not the new armor. The old one.'' The Queen commands, leaving the three men with puzzled faces. One of them speaks.

''Your...your Grace...'' Soon he is shut down by The Queens icy glare. He does nothing more but nod and the three men proceed to do as their ruler commanded them. They change the new, rich, eagle armor for the old one. Simple grey metal with blue and gold paint. The Queen is dressed into a decent, but not too fancy looking gown. The one she wore today before it was far more luxurious. But The Queen has a plan. She walks over to her private eagle, petting its head. ''What do you say, Miracle? Is it a good day to start conquering the world?''

-

Around two hours later The Queen's blue eyes start to make out the Phoenix Kingdom. A few strands of her blonde hair ran away from their place. From The Queens always worn high bun. Being only eighteen, it makes her look much older. Five eagles following her with five men behind her fly in silence. They wonder why did The Queen ask for the old armor, why did she not wear her best attire? But none of them dare to ask out loud.
The Han Kingdom has always been the poorest and The Queen doesn't want to reveal the new situation of her Kingdom yet. Not yet. Not now. Now she thinks about the letter she received today.

Dezire Li Han, Second of her name, The Queen of the Han Kingdom, Rightful ruler of the Han land and all the sky it touches, The Great Savior...Pft. The Great Savior. She always hated that title. After all, she gained it by killing her own brother...we invite you to the Palace Of The Phoenix. To join the other rulers in discussing this terrible war that is finally coming to an end...

What could they want from her? The Kingdoms know The Han Kingdom is the poorest, smallest and least valuable. Being surrounded, it is the easiest to be taken away. But it will not happen under her reign.
Or have they found out? Have they found out about the new, giant riches she has found? About how the lifestyle of her country changed deeply in the past year? Since her older brother passed away?
The Queen wonders.

Mei was at Atesha's side in a moment, eyes reverting to their enlarged pupil and amber colour glowing as she shoved the sly king away. "You've made your point, fox." She grumbled, hands curling into fists. Her nails were already beginning to extend, biting harshly into the heels of her palms as she kept the tiger at bay. "Perhaps it'd be best if you left and returned to...well, if you just left."

She didn't like bullies and whilst she knew Atesha could handle herself, that didn't mean that Mei could just sit back and watch as this pathetic excuse of a King just mocked and taunted his fellow royals. He truly was a piece of work. "Just back down and cool off. This is exactly why his Highness did not wish for you two to spar each other."

Status
Not open for further replies.