The 7 kingdoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atesha heard Mei out, not interrupting her story once and staring at her own plate. When her stomach growled once, the usually bold crimsonhead couldn't help, but start eating like most others had ny now. After swallowing a bite she whispered, "Good luck. I wish you success with your plan and hope to see you as a queen one day.. Soon, hopefully."
Under the table she passed the girl a dagger which's handle was decorated with a light green gemstone formed like a little Phoenix. The blade was as sharp as her own mother's sword.
The small weapon pulsed with hidden power in Mei's hand.

"It could serve as a substitute until you get your weapon back.. See it as a gift from a potential friend, eh? That thing can heal and accelerate recovery. It's one of the Phoenix' trademark powers, nature. It's my own dagger, but that's ok since I prefer to use my... mom's sword... anyway.", her golden and fierce got dull and darkened to a sorrowful brown at the mention of her mother.

"It has gotten late and I assume that the other kingdoms are unfortunately not joining us for the night. It is about time we discuss the conflicts between our countries and try to find solutions. Which one of the gentlemen would like to speak up first?", Faust asked, looking at the round.

Atesha raised her hand, not even looking up from her plate. "Ladies first.", she muttered quietly.
"...yes, Atesha?"
"When it's our turn, tell him that I want to interrogate the general and search his land for a missing person."
Giving a heavy sigh, the king nodded. "That is no reason for a war, but I shall bring it up."

Atesha looked like she wanted to protest and explode all over the table with shouts, but kept it in, her brown eyes now boiling with a golden glare again.

Ryu broke off from the conversations. "Gentlemen, we shall have to discuss this later. Park, I assure you the liquid merely amplifies my inate ability and will have no effect on you. As for you, your Highness, just knoe that it is not an alliance I seek with you, but your daughter's hand in marriage. I will only negotiate with her" he concluded, curtly turning to the table and raising his hand with a point.

Faust didn't say anything, but made a hand gesture and nodded, encouraging the young king to speak.

"Thank you." She whispered back to Atesha, slipping the blade into the sheath at her upper thigh under her skirts. She then reached out and briefly squeezed her hand, unknowing if her assurance would be taken gratefully, she pulled her hand away again with a small smile, "I wish you the best of luck as well, my...friend. Even if our father's aren't on the best of terms...hopefully we shall be. That'll make us ten times stronger." Mei offered a final smile before turning her head to find the Phoenix King.

With everything now coming together, Mei's father was forced to put the marriage proposal to one side, but he was obviously considering it. The Tiger King knew when things could work in his favour...and this proposal certainly did. His gaze raked over the Dragon King and then his daughter, the clogs whirring in his mind and so many advantages came to mind the more he thought about the two largest kingdoms coming together.

But the Dragon King would only negotiate with Mei. Now that was infuriating. His daughter shouldn't have any part in this agreement apart from arriving at the ceremony and providing as many children as possible. His blood boiled at the insult of this king wanting to discuss this with Mei instead of him. But things would have to wait since the meeting they came for started and the Tiger king leaned back in his seat to listen for a moment.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Ryu nodded his thanks. "Esteemed nobles. As you may know, the people in my country grew tired of their King. He was tyranical, oppressive, misogynistic, supported slavery and robbed the poor for his own good. People in my country were not only starved of food, but of freedom and justice. Although I thankfully cannot say any nation here has problems like this to the exact same magnitude, it is easy to draw comparisons. I urge you to change your way, lest the revolution sweep you away. My kingdom is willing to provide a template for change. I ask of you to change your ways, if not for your nations but for yourself and your families. Blood has been spilt before and the cause will not end here. Chu should serve as a wakeup call to some of you to how quick and brutal revolution can be. You have been warned" Ryu concluded. He had glanced to the other nations at various points during his speech, hinting to them the applicable areas.

Reactions: Scelesta
"We will be. I don't see any glaring differences between our views so far, so we should be okay.", she whispered smiling.
"We'll be the first two independent queens if things go well... It feels nice not to go down this unique path alone."

The Phoenix King nodded. Such problems were no longer present in his kingdom ever since the beginning of this reign, so it technically didn't include him. Canalizations, machines and better nutrition system as well as medicine had been developed in his modest, but highly educated land by now. But he appreciated people in high positions who were able to understand and care about the lower ranks. This made Ryu invaluable in his view.
He gave a respectful nod and spoke out his agreement. "I very much share the young man's opinion on respecting your own people and making sure to give them a good life. However, your predecessor has left a small conflict with my country behind, your highness. Approximately 2000 women and children have been kidnapped during attempted attacks on my bordering towns. A spy has informed us that they are used as slaves. I must demand those people back."

(I might fall asleep at any point from now, so sorry if I disappear for tonight.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryu blinked a few times before realising who he meant. "Oh the people from Ji-han? They were released from the slave camps as the revolution marched onto the capital. They're dispersed in some villages nearby the camps. I will send out word and return them as they surface" he answered, irritated he had forgotten to bring the matter up. It was his job to correct the past and he should have been more vigilant.

"I am very relieved to hear of the current better conditions my people have been living in for a few days. I shall expect them to return during the next week. Thank you for... Being so different from him.", the king mumbled, content with the extremely easy solution they'd found to a problem that had apparently not existed anymore anyway. "I believe not all conflicts are this easy to solve. What other problems should be discussed?", he asked, glancing at the remaining two men.

"i don't really mind" park sighed as the Phoenix king looked at him. " the Yan empire has no need to change their ways just yet, as everything is moving nicely" he began. "and revolutions are a way the weak can kill the strong" the boy said smiling at Ryu. He was purposefully saying arrogant things. However his target for annoyance was not Ryu, but more the Phoenix princess. "I do have one thing to ask" the boy said, sitting up properly. "who is this person you are looking for? And where did they go missing" ghe boy asked, rather interested in the event. Since the Phoenix girl cared about it a lot.

The king nodded, accepting it as an answer for now. He didn't seem pleased about his provocative opinion on revolutions and would have given his remark, but decided to stay polite.

Atesha's gaze was fixed on the man she accused of protecting a criminal once again. "The mission person was my mother. And she was 8 months pregnant with my little brother.", the king flinched at his daughter's emotionless explanation. He knew that she was grieving inside, but she had grown so much less happy during the last 8 years.

"The former Queen had found out Labour a criminal organization in which many of our lords were apparently involved. We assume that one of your generals holds a lot of information. I do not know his name, however.. I've only seen his face when he attempted to kill me after he'd literally beheaded my mother right in front of me 8 years ago." The princess' usually rude and self-assured tone had been replaced with a voice that lacked any emotion... Until the last sentence. It had trembled during the last sentence, indicating that she was having an inner battle not yo burst out with anger or sadness.

"Atesha, a conference involving other kingdoms isn't the best place to discuss this.", he said, his voice quieter than usual.
"Oh really?!? When else?? You've never mentioned it once during the last 8 YEARS!!!" "There is no evidence! One witness is not enough when you have a constitution. There have been people confirming that he was somewhere else during the incident-" "Constitution, my ass!!!", she exclaimed and left the room, slamming the balcony door behind herself.

"Hmmm, general beheading some women" The fox boy said idly. He seemed to be thinking about it, taping his hand on the desk. After a few minutes he spoke again, "Well that sort of thing does happen quite a bit during a war" he said simply. He watched as she stormed out of the room, he was definitely going to enjoy fighting her. Someone who had so much rage against him would not give up in a fight easily, it was boring if they gave up.

Park il-pyo's eyes drifted back to the Phoenix king. "So your daughter is accusing one of my generals of beheading your wife?" he clarifies the information that has just been given. "Why exactly was your wife near one of my generals?" the boy asks the king.

"I have been on a visit in the Wei kingdom and have therefore not witnessed the occurrences myself.", he leaned back in his chair and rubbed his temples, obviously discomforted.
"When I returned, I ran into the news that my wife had died in a carriage accident. People had seen her enter it and the carriage fall down a cliff, but Atesha claims that those people have been paid to lie. According to her, one of my generals had visited your kingdom with the Zhao queen and herself following him as she'd become suspicious of his recent activities in the kingdom. My daughter said that he met up with the assumed murderer of her mother, one of your generals, handing him bags which's content she could not see. In order to prevent witnesses, he has killed the queen upon discovering her spying on them with her child. There is a lack of evidence on this story which is why I accepted the former version of my wife's death. But Atesha has been seething with vengeance."

He gave a heavy sigh and took a sip of his wine. "I have not heard one genuine laughter from her ever since."

"I do not remember my father ever talking about such an incident" the boy sighed. "However i do not see the need to blame my empire" he said. "It seems it was your own nations fault, by the sounds of things you were being betrayed. As well as in my country without my fathers permission" he continued. "I know you will not want to hear this, but it is more your own fault" the boy said, a grin on his face.

Park new this was not something the man would want to hear, after all this was a touchy subject for both him and his daughter. However, blaming his country for something that wasn't his fault is rather annoying. "However your daughter can have a chance of revenge" The boy smiled. "I will happily fight your daughter if she is okay with it" he said. "She can even choose the terms of the battle" he added.

Mei stayed silent during the whole conflict, knuckles white once more with how tightly her hands were clasped together. Her gaze flickered between Park and Atesha, the whole attention of the meeting was on them, preceedings seemingly forgotten for now.

(Just a quick post now that I'm back from my exam! I'll post more once I've sorted myself out)

"I am not blaming your nation, king of Yan. But I have been unable to convince my daughter.. Not to mention that it takes more than one witness if there is a conflict in reports from different people. Betrayals can happen, but our nation's general has never been seen again.", the king explained, wanting to get the subject off of the table as quickly as possible.

"Well like I said, I will happily take up your daughters challenge" He smirked, intrigued to see her skills. She seemed like she was a girl who loved to fight. Judging by her chose of clothing and the fact she carried a weapon made it seem she was very serious about the fight. "if you would not mind, could i go talk with your daughter?" he asked the king

The king nodded slowly, his forehead and eyebrows knitted. "Please, do not feed her wrath too much. If you harass her, I will be forced to take measures.", with that warning, he gestured to the glass doors leading to the balcony that was almost as Big as an average garden in our world. Its fences had flower pots on them containing various blossoming flowers.

The moment the glassdoors were opened by Park, however, their blossoms withered and they grew thorns, longer than natural. The princess was standing with her back turned to him, petting a withered blossom like it was a pet. It seemed like one of her abilities to make these wither and grow thorns.. Did that mean she was still angry?
"What do you want?", she asked, not even bothering to turn his direction. Her right hand was holding the golden sword again, her left hand caressing the blade she was looking at.

(My replies will be very slow for the next 1.5 hours as I've got IT lessons in ten minutes.)

"I came to ask about your earlier offer" he said, looking over at the flowers. She still seemed rather annoyed at him, and it seemed that she had some sort of affect on the plants. He watched as she nurtured the golden blade. Park il-pyo lent back on the wall as he looked at her "You still want to fight don't you?" he asked her.

He could not see her gaze lifting off of the blade and into the distance, bit noticed her head rising a bit. She was looking at the horizon that had slowly taken a red color. It was sunset, everything was going to sleep. But she was just waking up now.
"I want to interrogate the man that lacks a hand.", she whispered, hinting that a general with a missing hand was serving at his palace. He was the one she had been trying to reach. "... And yes, I want to clash with the one person who inevitably hinders me from doing just that." With these words she spun around, standing in a stable stance and facing him.
"My father would ground me for a broken balcony, though. Show up in the arena right after this conference is over. Be prepared to have all of your bones broken, your 'highness'.", she warned and walked off. Suddenly she stopped and looked back over her shoulder. "Or better, why not now? You got nothing else left to do here, right? Give me five minutes to get changed into proper armor and meet me there. A butler will show you the way. If you're late, I'll hunt you down and make you wish you were never born."
with these words she left again, leaving the man standing alone in the dark.

One handed general, the boy thought to himself for a second. "Well I don't see the need to give you any information at this point in time" he said with a small smirk on his face. He looked the girl up and down, she seemed fixated on beating him. He could use this to his advantage. "Do you not have a training area? I do want to see your fighting skills" he asks

Status
Not open for further replies.