The 7 kingdoms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Park looked at the girl then at the blade in his hand "Oh yeah" he laughed a little. "Sorry for the mistake, it's just you have such soft legs" he grinned at Ryu. He twiddled the blade around his fingers one last time before concealing it into his pocket. His attention turned back to Mei "Please don't call me 'your highness', it makes me sound old" he requested. "I am much younger than the other kings, even mister revolution is older than me" The Fox king said, smiling at Ryu.

Park il-pyo was about to go back to eating again, but stopped himself. His eyes fell onto the Tiger king. "You are supposed to be one of the strongest fighters out of the 7 seven kings" Park began. "At least that is what my father told me" he said. "i would love if we fought some time, i think i would benefit from it massively" his smile was still warm, possible too warm. It was clear he was just as sly as his father, and being young meant he wasn't fully mature.

Reactions: Scelesta
There would be hell to pay when she returned home. Her father knew the blade was hers. He would not be happy with her now he knew that she had a concealed weapon on her person. And that was her favourite blade. Mei watched in dismay as the Fox King swiftly sheathed it into his pocket and swallowed back a sigh. She had more important things to worry about, such as the punishment she would receive from her father. However, her worries didn't show on her features, she had long learned how to train and school her expression as to what she needed.

It did surprise her that the Dragon King lied for her. And whilst momentarily she was touched by the action, Mei knew better. Everything was just political. He had probably done so just to secure any needed help in the future.

"There are none in my kingdom that I wish to spend the rest of my life with, for love or political reasons," she sighed, "Most are my father's age or older, happy with aristocracy. Then the men my age have either joined the army or are too arrogant to believe that I - a woman - would be able to hold anything but a child in my belly. They seem to be following the same beliefs of their fathers, women are dull creatures with no interests other than doing what they are told." A fire burnt in her eyes and she turned her gaze away to pick at her food, the topic obviously a sore and irritating one. The question she hoped to avoid as her mother constantly pestered her with it.

----
The Tiger King looked toward the new Emperor of the Fox Kingdom, eyes looking him up and down. His mind had already gone through what each of the cities could provide him if he went into an alliance with any of them. The Fox Kingdom...that had the positioning of their kingdom with boarders facing outward and able to go to many trading areas that their kingdom could not...yet. The older male finally allowed a slow smile to curl at his thin lips, swallowing his mouthful of food before finally responding. "Are you asking for an alliance boy? Rather early on for that, is it not?" He chuckled, "My men are the best across the kingdoms," he went on to boast, leaving Mei to cringe with embarrassment, "You would be right to ask for my help in whatever battles you may face."

Reactions: Scelesta
"Why not someone outside your kingdom?" Ryu suggested, coughing slightly. He took another drink from his glass, wincing a little as he swallowed. He turned back to look at her, removing his gloves as he did so. She seemed so innocent but was quite aware that there were few ways for her to help out. He repeated his suggestion only phrased a little differently. "Perhaps if it were someone powerful your father would be more accepting?" He asked, his eyes having a little sparkle to them.

"I think you are miss interpreting my offer" he said with a small sigh. "I am not looking for an alliance, i just want to see if the little pussy cat is as strong as everyone says" he mocked the king. The Yan empire was not one for alliances. Their position meant that they were out of the main conflict zone, a little like fence sitters. However Park was very different, unlike his father he loved to fight no matter what. It was common when he was young that he would spar against people from fare away lands. However he had never fought with any of the seven kingdoms, his father had said it would have caused problems.

"I would like to spar with you personally, but I understand if you are busy" he said. "About 10 to 20 of your soldiers would do" he continued. "I mean they would not be as strong as yourself, but it would be a good insight into the strength of your nation" The Fox king said, he had a disappointed look on his face. "However, please don't expect them to come back" he said, the grin forming again on his face. The boy took another bite from a leg of turkey.

Mei went still, half-way through cutting into some of the meat on her plate but didn't look up to him. Her mind whirred with the possibilities. But isn't that why her father brought her here in the first place? To showcase her to the other Kings who arrived or even to whatever Princes that may have been here? An alliance through arranged marriage. Anyone who decided they wanted ger hand would fall for her father's plans. Whatever they were. They could range from just wanting to make his empire stronger to killing her husband after the ceremony was over. Imagine that. To marry her for the largest Kingdom and merge two into one just to be killed and leave her with two empires.

"I don't know," Mei finally spoke quietly, "My mother may wish to see me married and with children...but my father only wishes for the power a marriage can give someone." She finally raised her eyes to his, pausing at the gleam to his gaze and the lack of gloves, "What are you thinking? You look like a man with a plan, good sir."

---

The older male stared back for a moment. Confusion, then shock and then outrage all occupying his features at a time at the insolent Fox King. "Be careful what words you say next, little king." The words rumbled within a growl from Mei's father, the sound almost like that of a very angry tiger, "You are still young. It would be a shame for you to be cut down with so much of your life left to live. You father was a clever man, obviously his intelligence did not rub off on you."

"I would think that your father would probably accept a marriage between us, only to attempt to influence me through you, thinking that I was madly in love with you, having me hand over all power to you before killing me and leaving you, and through you, him to rule both kingdoms and go on to destroy all other kingdoms" Ryu reasoned, looking into space for a while.

"But I doubt he would factor in the fact that the marriage would be a device if I put on a convincing enough act, such as say lying and humiliating myself to attempt to hide the fact you had a knife?" Ryu reasoned with a grin, revealing the reasons behind his actions. He heard the youngling and the snake begin to square up, verbally for now. "As for your mother, I have no objections to that side of the bargain" he chuckled with a little blush

"Looks like the kitten really is a Tiger" Park il-pyo chuckled lightly. He did not seem intimidated by the mans growling figure. The Fox boy made no change in his position, his eyes stared at the Tiger king. "For my whole life I have heard those words constantly" Park murmured a little. "Please do not feel insulted Mister King, all I want is to fight with some of the worlds strongest men" he said

"Of course the reason why you did that was political, why am I not surprised?" She commented softly, peering over her shoulder to where her father was too occupied with Park in a verbal battle. Her father was always better in a physical battle than one that involved words. Her gaze then returned to the Dragon King, hardening slightly, "How do I know I can trust you, Dragon King?" Mei dared to question, "How do I know that you won't kill my father once we're married - not that I care too much about that - but after that. Once, if you do kill him, that is done...how do I know you won't kill me? This marriage wil be political...once my father and I are out of the way...you'll have two kingdoms and two armies."

Mei would always remain suspicious of such things. With who she is and who her father was...it would be stupid of her not to be. Hence the knife which she was still sorely missing. It was rather disturbing that the young Fox King went up her dress to collect it. The though alone making her shift in her seat. "My father is a shallow and vain man. You can provide him with many things with the largeness of your Kingdom and materalistic things is all he cares for, not if that man is good for his daughter."

---

"But these words have the promise of being carried out. Your kingdom can fit into mine five times over, I should ve careful." As if it wasn't obvious, he did have a short temper with fangs and claws ready to rip into those who displease him. Mei witnessed it the once. When she was five and ten years old...one of his advisers...the poor man. Never had she seen so much blood. "We shall see, youngling. Perhaps something can be arranged later if I am in the right mood to deal with your immature antics."

Ryu stopped and looked into her eyes. She had no trust, no faith in the world anymore. He had to show her somehow. "Mei. I believe a King's kingdom reflects him in the truest sense. Your father's: ill and starved of justice. Mine: Released from the shackles that came before it and moving towards a brighter and more equal future. If I was someone ruthless, willing to murder other indiscriminately to achieve my goals, why would I bother with this new system? Why not assume the same tyrannical role as the previous ruler? I am different and I do not intend to harm you. Your father is yet to find his fixed position in my plans so I can make no promises. But you will be safe, I can assure you"

"Size is not always the only factor" The Fox king smiled at the Tiger king. He was enjoying this, if he was lucky he would be able to fight with him. If things didn't go his way then he would be fighting with the Qin empires soldiers. He would be able to get something out of fighting the soldiers, but it wouldn't be as fun. Opponents that fall within the first minute are so boring.

The light seemed to dance in his golden and in his red eye. The grin still sitting on his face. "Thank you very much" Park il-pyo smiled in bliss. "I look foward to kil... I mean sparing with someone" he said, still enjoying the rage he could provoke from his words.

Mei watched him quietly, lips pursing lightly in thought and her fingers drummed against the surface of the table. It could work. She just feared what her father may do once it was arranged and official. She didn't actually expect to come here and have one of the Kings make an offer like this, even if it was for his own personal and political gain.

"Fine. But you're going to have to speak with my father. Just...expect some conditions. Like I said, my father is a shallow man." She finally agreed, sighing softly as she kept an eye on the situation between her father and the Fox King. "Perhaps...perhaps that'll mean he'll finally step down too."

---

"Don't thank me yet." The Tiger King practically growled out again, jaw clenching and teeth gritting together. "But if this happens then my men aren't setting foot in your kingdom. You can come to us. You can stay with us but let's just say that with the past that we've had...I'm not ready to trust any of you."

"That's fine by me. I will happily travel to your kingdom for a sparing match" the young boy said, very pleased. "Maybe after the meeting we can arrange for the time" he continued. Park was happy with this condition. He was planning on doing similar things with the other empires, and possibly even people from further lands.

By the looks of things the princess and Ryu had finished their conversation. It seemed they had also made a deal of some sort. He waited to see what they had been talking about, whilst he had been annoying the Tiger king.

Ryu stood up suddenly. "Your Highness!" He announced, addressing the King of Tigers. "I ask for your daughter's hand in marriage!" Moving quickly he grabbed a piece of silverware, taking another chug from his glass (filled with a specific oil) before breathing out a small intense flame, shaping the metal into a ring and dropping it into water to cool quickly. As the water hissed slightly, noblemen broke into applause, impressed by the show, oblivious to the hidden tension.

Mei stared on in open shock at how abrupt and sudden the King of Dragons asked for her hand. In front of everyone else without a proper questioning behind closed doors. Her hands slipped back into her lap, tightening around one another until her knuckles turned white and her nails were biting into the heel of her palm.

She would probably never admit to being impressed by his craftsmanship as he turned a simple piece of silverwear into a ring unlike some of the others who were still clapping, but she was intrigued as to his gift of creating the fire in the first place. Her father however, did not seem as easily impressed as the noblemen.

First he had to deal with the immature Fox King...and now the revolutionary Dragon King. Whatever would life throw at him next? "My daughter's...hand." He repeated, tone fill with darkened amusement. His eyes flashed to amber, the pupils enlargening as they became similar to that of a tiger as they fixated on Mei who held his gaze defiantly before returning. "My daughter is no kitten, boy. Are you sure you wish to marry her? You may regret it when you realize she won't be easily distracted with any toys you try to provide. If you want an alliance you can just say so. But why should you wish for an ally? As second biggest kingdom..."

Park il-pyo smiled in amusement at the small light show. He noticed that the posing dragon king had taken a sip from something before breathing fire. This had peaked his interests more than the proposal. He showed of the sly skills passed to him by his father, again taking something without permission. He examined the flask that Ryu had been drinking from all day. "So, what is this stuff" The Fox boy asked giving it a quick sniff. "I heard that the Dragon king could breath fire, but I didn't think he had to use an oil" he said looking into the flask a little. "Or maybe this is because you are not of royal blood" he said looking at Ryu with a mischievous smirk. "This stuff is drinkable right?" he asked, lifting the flask to his lips.

King Faust, the only one beside the tiger king, who was apparently not as lively as the youths around the table, watched the subtle insults, planned battles and finally, the unexpected marriage proposal done by the new king. He was speechless as the two had just met a few minutes ago, but who was he to give any advise? Truth be told, the longer he listened, the more amused he seemed to become. Finally he clapped. "Now, that's a fiery spirit I see in the new king.", he spoke up,"I am convinced that he will do a better job than his predecessor. But, after this subject has been handled, would any of you have objections to finally beginning the conference before all of your stomachs have been filled with the finest foods of my country?"
He had missed the whispered conversation between Ryu and the other princess (who's name I haven't caught, I'm so sorry! D'X) and was therefore oblivious when it came to that.

The princess of this kingdom didn't look like one. In fact, she rather looked like a maid.. a dark one. Her crimson hair was hung in one high pigtail on her side, having her layered cut hair fall in cascades down her left shoulder. She did wear a silken, light purple dress, but it wasn't particularly.. royal. And the diadem as well as other accessories and earrings were missing. Was this really the princess?
Either way, her golden eyes held anger as she looked upon Park. She'd been silent all along, only paying attention and getting a first impression of people. Her first impression of Park was the lowest one of all. She'd walked up behind him while he had been talking to king of the tiger kingdom.
"...if you spare with me before you go, you won't be able to hold a sword for the next century before you can face Tigerking here.", she asked after she'd suddenly appeared behind him, almost like a ghost. Her tone held no real curiosity.. rather a little contempt. Did she think lowly of him? "Of course, people as prejudging of women as you appeared to be at first, usually don't take such risks. Am I correct, Sir Park? If not, how about you prove your bravery RIGHT now?" A flash of light and there was a golden sword with greenish engravings in her hands, pointing at Park's neck.

The king of Zhao rose from his seat, nearly throwing the chair back. Faust looked flabbergasted, giving his child a glare rarely seen from the usually wise, kind and calm man that ruled his country with love and care. "Atesha!!!" he went bright red in the face and apologized a felt million times for his daughter's blunt and admittedly rude question. The girl reacted, pulling her sword back.
Ignoring her father's warning, the girl also casually asked,"May I talk to the tiger princess in private for a moment after this conference's end?" She ended up taking a seat next to said other princess and putting vegetables on her table as if nothing had happened. "I will kick his.. uhm, behind, at some point, dad. You can't stop me. I don't like him."

"We will talk about this later.", the king said calmly, boiling rage and bewilderment hidden underneath his indifferent gaze. Why had she reacted this way?! Did she see him as a sexist or something? The princess was busted, but she didn't exactly seem startled by this.

Unable to help herself, Mei was forced to had a smirk at the Phoenix princess' antics, eyebrow raising in amusement as she watched the numerous exchanges between her and Park, or her and her father. It was nice to see that at least one other princess knew how to hold a weapon, or at least didn't want to gush over the latest dress she owned. It was such a damn relief. At nine and ten years...Mei was becoming sick of such pettiness she was forced to be around. Hence why she did secretly enjoy coming to these meetings...she could get some real conversation about things that mattered most.

It did startle her when her audience was requested by the other princess at the end of this meeting and she had briefly wondered what she had done. But had assured herself that she had done nothing that would request her presence for any negative reason with the princess. Yet she still feared for how her father would react in private about her concealed weapon being found by the damn Fox King.

"Is everything alright, your highness?" Mei questioned, glancing to the other princess. Of course she would be formal, she had no idea how she could act around this girl and what she preferred. Always better to play it safe. "Do I need to be...concerned about the need for a private conversation between us?"

Park was just about to sip from his new found drink when a sword was at his throat. He hung his head back to see a girl, was she a female warrior? No, a princess. The young boys eyes flashed in intrest. It had been a long time since he had been challenged. "fine then" he said happily. "i will fight you then. But not be a use of bravery, but because courteous to accept such a challenge" he grinned at the girl as she sat down. " I'm sorry if I came across as a sexist person. I understand from Ryu that equality is clearly very important. So I will spill tour blood the same way I do to the others I spar with" as he said those words the atmosphere around him changed. It was clear he was nothing like his father, it could be seen that this boy was a monster.

"There will be no battles until this conference is over!", King Faust declared louder and bolder than he had intended to, his gaze focusing on Park and his child. "And Atesha, there is no evidence for what I think you are accusing the king of. Don't try to cover it blaming him of cherishing the inferiority of women!"
The Phoenix princess huffed, reluctant of letting him slip, but obeyed her father. "This is a shame... but soon enough, your 'highness'.", she hissed, leaving Park and his dangerous aura there to calm down. WHY did her father have to be so pacifistic?!

---

Atesha smirked at the girl's worry, but shook her head lightly. "No, I wouldn't necessarily call it negative. Just.. there aren't many girls who like blades as much as I do. Oh, and please just call me Atesha, your highness.", she whispered grinning, obviously interested in making an acquaintance out of the first other female youth she ever met that had guts. The dukes' and generals' daughters as well as other visiting princesses had been such petite and... tamed kittens that it disgusted her.
But in Mei, she thought she'd seen a flame that might relate to the lioness inside of herself.

Truth be told, Atesha never wanted to be a princess. She wanted to be a soldier. It was because of her that women were allowed to become knights, join wars and educate themselves like men in this country. It was because of her nature that her father was no longer a damn sexist like he used to be. It was because of her that unlike most other princesses she wouldn't have to share her power with her man, but become a queen, the most powerful instance, without a king restricting her from doing what she thought had to be done. It was not her intention to become a tyrannical empress, but Atesha wanted to set a symbol. A symbol that there couldn't only be kings in the highest positions, but women were just as capable.. she needed strong women to stick together and support that symbol. Strong women like she thought she'd found in Mei.
".. so, are you marrying him?", she casually asked, looking at Ryu for a second before focusing on Mei again.

She occasionally kept throwing small glares at Park before sighing and averting his attention from him completely. His kingdom had something that she wanted so badly she'd kill for it. It harbored a certain someone that made her blood boil.

Last edited by a moderator:
A small grin pulled at her lips at Atesha's words and she lightly inclined her head toward her, "Mei. My name is Mei. I don't particularly care for formalities either. They make things so stiff." She mused, gaze flickering over the other girl. Plain clothing and hairstyle. Nothing to make her stick out like a sore thumb, unlike herself. Already she was hoping that she had found a friend and trusted ally in Atesha.

It was unfortunate that they came from different backgrounds. Whilst Atesha's father allowed equal opportunities after listening to his daughter...Mei's father was quite the opposite. Never had he listened to her suggestions or questions. Telling her that, as a woman, she shouldn't be bothering herself with such issues. Always she had been palmed off to nannies or her mother
Now at this age she was passed off to the daughters of noblemen or thise who belonged in court. It was so frustrating. She has always tried not to take it personally, telling herself that the men who were advisers to the Emperor were just as ignored...but she could never fool herself. Her father was a sexist, arrogant, egotistical man who never had the chance of being even half-decent in the role of fatherhood...let alone as Emperor.

Her gaze lowered briefly before meeting Atesha's again, "It's the only way for me to gain som form of power," she answered easily but she was unable to hide the bitterness to her voice, "My father won't let me rule unless I have a husband. But Ryu and I...we've created an...alliance, shall we say. Discussing it...we understand what the other wants and luckily we agree on practically everything. It's the only way to get my father off the throne." Mei kept her voice quiet for the sake of not being overheard. Deapite being his daughter, Mei wouldn't put her father to have her killed for treason.

Status
Not open for further replies.