The 100 - Sign-Up//OOC - Accepting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated my 2nd characters status. Hunter - Famed High Warrior. You can add him to the characters list. If there are any changes before the RP starts. I'll let you know.

River doesnt care about status heh =)

I've updated my 2nd characters status. Hunter - Famed High Warrior. You can add him to the characters list. If there are any changes before the RP starts. I'll let you know.
Good thing you said something, I almost forgot to add him to the character list! ♥

There is one thing I need to know. Is Freya's character, which is a Grounder, a Lieutenant or a General? If her character is a General, then I may as well be the Lieutenant.

"Truth and Justice go together. So do their opposites."
FedoraGirl.jpg

Full name:
"Viaeny Aster Newcomb. Being born in space, I guess the middle names makes sense, right? Dunno where my first name comes from."

Nicknames:
"Vinny, Vi, Veeny..pretty much any way people can think of to mispronounce my real name. ;)"

"13. Still old enough to be a Threat To All Public Order and Decency...also known as "a defender of liberty."

Crime Committed:
"It wasn't a crime! It's what any decent reporter, or citizen, or for that matter, human being should have done! To hear the Chancellor tell it, I'm an honest-to-gorammit Terrorist. Booooo! Scaaaary! Like I'm the one that kills anyone who gets on my bad side or eats one too many dinner rolls.

"I was a reporter for my school paper. Sure, I coulda stuck to writing fluffy stories about the kid that got to water the Tree, or the campaign for school President. But I wanted to get into the real news. It wasn't too long before it hit me that the real news is...about things like people getting 'floated.'

"'Floating.' That sure is a pretty way to describe shoving someone out an airlock so that they die with their eyeballs bulging out of their faces and their blood boiling and freezing at the same time, isn't it? And you know what? To make it work, they gotta waste a WHOLE AIRLOCK FULL OF AIR so that the body gets ejected into space. Oh, and kids like me? They lock us up 'till we're 18--feeding us and letting us breathe all the while, mind you--so they can pitch us out an airlock then. Because keeping kids on Death Row for years is sooo much more civilized than just clubbing us over the heads or something.

"Because, it's all totally about 'conserving scarce resources' and 'making the hard choices for the benefit of the human race.' Totally. Getting to have absolute power over the whole human race doesn't have anything to do with it, right?

"Right, that's the 'why,' now for the 'what.' I decided that any government that kills people whenever it gets the chance can't be trusted to rule over them. Blinding flash of the obvious, right? I knew I couldn't go to any grownups and ask them to stand up to the Council and their goons. Because if the grownups were willing to do it, they already would have, right? I mean, how many of them just sat by and watched a friend or loved one get Death By Vacuum without making a peep? Or let their kids be carted off to Death Row?

"No, the grownups were used to it. They thought it was normal, maybe even OK, because 'conserve resources' and all that bollocks. So I made a different plan: a Revolution of the Children. There were places that, if enough of us got together, we could block. Tie ourselves down in the way long enough to gum up the works, shut the whole station down until our parents found their consciences and their courage, and stood by us. Until the Chancellor and the Council were forced to step down, and a new, democratic government that was actually about keeping people alive instead of killing them could take over.

"It would have been glorious.

"Except...somebody ratted me out. Dunno who, and I guess I never will. The Council's goons came for me and dragged me away for Treason, Sedition, Terrorism, and probably Eating Kittens and everything else bad that can be imagined. And you know what? The last thing I saw my parents do was...stand there and just let them haul me away. Sure, they were crying and pleading, but...since when did that ever accomplish anything?

Sexual Orientation:
"Yes please! *ahem* I mean...I like boys. And...it would be nice to know what it's like, before I die. Because I really like boys!"

Significant Other:
"Do stop taunting me, would you? I'm thirteen. And chances are really, really good that I'll never even be kissed. So just sod right off, why don't you?"

Strengths:
"I can tell you the strengths I wish I had. 'Unstoppable Kung Fu Juggernaut' would have come in handy. So would 'Genius Hacker.'"

"What the Cosmic Lottery gave me instead was...writing. I'm a really good writer, or at least that's what my grades say. I guess it could be said that I've got a lot more guts than ought to fit in my scrawny little body. But look where it got me--maybe that should go in the 'Weaknesses' column? I'm good at things like research, debating, public speaking, fast-talking, and I'm not the least bit shy. I actually got voted 'Most Likely To Become Chancellor' in Seventh Grade. I think it was supposed to be meant as a complement. But then, maybe everybody hates me and I never realized it? I did get ratted out, didn't I?

"You could say I'm smart, maybe. I mean, how many other thirteen year-old girls actually plot a Revolution and scare the bejabbers out of the tyrants in power enough for them to actually send their enforcers? But then, look where I'm at. So maybe I'm not so smart after all?"

Weaknesses:
"Let's start out with just plain old 'weakness.' Look at me. I'm not gonna win a fight with, well, anybody. I'm not a track star either. I guess it could be said that I...over-estimate my abilities sometimes? Or maybe that I see good in people when it isn't really there? But I still want to see good in people, to be naive, if being 'mature' and 'sensible' means becoming like the Chancellor and the Council. I'd rather die than be cynical enough to just coldly pick out who lives and who dies like people are just chess pieces that don't suffer when you throw them into the box. Guess I'm gonna get my wish, aren't I?"

Station they were born in:
"If you haven't guessed 'Public Speakers' by now, you're probably not paying attention. In which case, maybe I'd better work on my public speaking a bit?"

Personality:
"Well, let's see. By now you've probably noticed that I've got a sarcastic streak a kilometer wide. Like any self-respecting reporter ought to be, I'm curious, and I'm a practitioner of the Art of rationality and critical thought. I'm not the kind of person that sits on the sidelines if I've got the option of getting into the action. I love to investigate a mystery. 'The Game is Afoot!' and all that.

"I like to flirt with boys, and I especially like it when they flirt with me.

"I suppose you could say I've got a temper. But when I get mad, I don't throw a tantrum, I do something about it. You know, like try to overthrow the government.

"I guess that's why I tend to be pretty cheerful most of the time. Because I believe deep down that I'm in charge of my own fate. Now, you might say that's a rather silly thing to say from inside a cell waiting to die. Silver lining: I've got five years to plot my escape, and Revolution 2.0."

Biography:
"If I'd been born on Earth, it probably would have been somewhere in England. As it was, I was born in the British section of the Ark. My mother was a Vicar, and my father smelt of elderberries. No, actually, he's a psychiatrist. The truth is, I had a pretty nice life. Neither of my parents was Vacuum Massacred. I never had a little brother or sister we had to hide in a ventilation duct and feed with a straw. We didn't live in terror of Doom By Airlock because we were Good Citizens.

"The good old fashioned, technical term for my life: privileged. Maybe that's why I got so outraged when I found out more about the kinds of things other people had to go through. I was never taught that living in terror was 'just the way things are' and 'there's nothing we can do about it.' Anyway, you know the rest. Short life, short biography."

Other:
Looking out at the stars
Reading
Debate
Drama (acting, not the other kind)

Dislikes:
Mean girls
Injustice
Bullies
Sports
Gossip

"If you think you can do it, you might be right. If you think you can't, you definitely are."

Theme Songs:

Last edited:
There is one thing I need to know. Is Freya's character, which is a Grounder, a Lieutenant or a General? If her character is a General, then I may as well be the Lieutenant.
How would you describe the two roles? I can't think of one term to call her so I was just meshing them together. She trains all of the warriors, as well as acts as "co-commander" to the commander. Often taking concerns and situations to the commander trather than things going to the commander directly. Its as an added security. Sort of like the middle man. She can decide when to go on missions, and who to assign those missions however commander has final say so in any sort of major matter. Zarko also said mine was to be main military leader and leader of the hunt, but again, the commander getting final say so on tactical missions.

What kind of position are you looking for for your grounder?

Also, I finished my.characters :) thing is, laptop won't connect to internet but phone will so they'll have to wait :/

How would you describe the two roles? I can't think of one term to call her so I was just meshing them together. She trains all of the warriors, as well as acts as "co-commander" to the commander. Often taking concerns and situations to the commander trather than things going to the commander directly. Its as an added security. Sort of like the middle man. She can decide when to go on missions, and who to assign those missions however commander has final say so in any sort of major matter. Zarko also said mine was to be main military leader and leader of the hunt, but again, the commander getting final say so on tactical missions.

What kind of position are you looking for for your grounder?
A Lieutenant is like the Generals second. More like a Vice General to be more specific. If you're just a General who report directly to the Commander, who has a Vice Commander, which is Rhea. A Lieutenant is one rank below a General, if anything. Thats how I'd describe the difference between a General and a Lieutenant.

Just so you know, this sounds more like a General than a Lieutenant to me.

Also, I finished my.characters :) thing is, laptop won't connect to internet but phone will so they'll have to wait :/
Bummer! I hope your internet starts working again soon, I can't wait to see your characters.

Sorry for the all-caps in Viaeny's bio. The forum wouldn't let me do italics or bold text in those paragraphs, so I thought it meant the typeface didn't have those options. I'll try to fix it later when I finish her CS.

A Lieutenant is like the Generals second. More like a Vice General to be more specific. If you're just a General who report directly to the Commander, who has a Vice Commander, which is Rhea. A Lieutenant is one rank below a General, if anything. Thats how I'd describe the difference between a General and a Lieutenant.
Oh! Okay, that makes sense then :) go ahead with the lieutenant role then~

Just so you know, this sounds more like a General than a Lieutenant to me.
Yeah, it does now. Before I was unsure of the status I wanted until I developed it further :p

Alright. Then I assume you're a General? I mean your character? If yes. Then my character will be the Vice General. So Brea needs to update the characters list.

Alright. Then I assume you're a General? I mean your character? If yes. Then my character will be the Vice General. So Brea needs to update the characters list.
SIGHS DRAMATICALLY.
I'm so glad you guys have finally made up your minds, hopefully I won't have to update your characters again until I actually see the CS's.
(I'm just kidding... kinda)
Anyways, I'm changing Ragah to the Lieutenant, correct?

SIGHS DRAMATICALLY.
I'm so glad you guys have finally made up your minds, hopefully I won't have to update your characters again until I actually see the CS's.
(I'm just kidding... kinda)
Anyways, I'm changing Ragah to the Lieutenant, correct?
Add "Vice General - Famed High Warrior" to the list.

I like the sound of thaaaat! xD

Viaeny's bio is finished. :)

[fieldbox="Sabine Emmerson, #8A110B, solid"]
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again."

9EhO6Iy.png

sanxuyt.gif
RZlxkFD.gif
1QYsKom.gif

• Full name: Sabine Emmerson
    Nicknames: -
    Crime Committed: Public Intoxication. Trespassing. Hate Crime. Vandalism. Damage to Property. Aggravated Assault. Disturbance of the Peace. Attempted Arson.
    Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
    Significant Other: None, if interested, pm me (I won't start with an established relationship. It will be built throughout the rp)
    Station they were born in: Mechanical Engineering- Anything to do with rebuilding the Ark, and technology

• x driven, does not accept failure as an option
    x has a way with devices, technology, and the like (electrical repairs, communicates well with others to solve problems, diagnostic abilities, knowledge of tools, can understand and create blueprints/manuals)
    x brave
    x good at solving problems or puzzles, given her ability to think outside the box in order to succeed as a mechanic/engineer
    x has a good sense of direction, able to act as a navigator pretty well

• x tends to put others in danger, unintentionally
    x too confident in herself
    x because of her driven personality, it is common for her to expend herself, often working too hard to accomplish a task
    x quick temper
    x no real fighting skills, or even survival skills considering it wasn't necessary to learn those on the Ark (depending on which station you were from)
    x slow to trust

• Sabine is adventurous at heart, even more so when she is given freedom on earth. She reacts very much on impulsiveness, having a brave soul. She is always the first one to act: the first to discover, the first to speak, the first to pick a fight. She can be rather feisty, having no problem jumping in (or even starting) fights. Because of her impulsiveness, she can come off as rather volatile, always changing her methods and remaining very unpredictable. It's suggested not to take advice from her.

Because of her adventurous tendencies, she has a reckless disregard for danger. In fact, she loves the adrenaline feeling she gets when in a risky situation. If there's a chance, she'll take it. She doesn't really like following orders, as she's very much for herself. Though impulsive, Sabine isn't one to give up easily. Her hard head is determined to persevere. Because of this, she is very much a fighter in all that she does. This could often get her into trouble, as she'd take on tasks she is not yet ready for. Being very self-confident of herself, it makes her cocky. Her cockiness can often blind her into miscalculating her capabilities.

As of recently, she has been more uptight than usual. Because of the events on the Ark, she became more nervous, anxious, and high-strung and has now developed a short temper and turns to force rather than reasoning to solve her problems. She also endured severe heartbreak that she hasn't quite gotten over. She built up an emotional wall, which sometimes makes her seem aggressive and cruel. But really, she just doesn't feel like she belongs anywhere, never finding a place to call home after her parents died. However, she isn't antisocial in any sort of way. Yes, she may not build relationships very easily, but she does care deeply for the people she loves and desperately tries to make friends with anyone and everyone. She even resorts to flirtations to form the connections she so desires.

Sabine is as tough as nails, not your typical girl as she isn't afraid to get dirty or play with the boys. She takes pride in knowing she can hold her own against her male counterparts. She makes it known is is not smart to pick a fight with her.

• Much of Sabine's life was just as everyone else's. She was born in the Mechanical Engineering station, grew up with a normal family, finetuned her skills as a mechanic and engineer. Struggled just as everyone else did, given limited rations to ensure the survival of everyone on the Ark. So, let's fast forward to the interesting part, shall we?

Sabine's parents were floated when she was 17. Her entire life, her drive, her existence, gone. Just like that. Luckily, she had a friend, Hal, who she could go to for help and reassurance that everything was going to be okay. Fortunately for her, Hal was from the Public Speaking station, so he had a way with words and helped her cope. However, it wasn't enough. Over time, her hatred towards the Peacekeepers grew stronger. She understood their positions as the police and to keep order. However, she didn't understand how someone could be floated for HELPING others. Which is exactly what her parents were floated for, albeit, viewed as illegal by the Ark. What she really should have done was express her anger towards the council, however in her mind, the Peacekeepers were at fault. She decided she had nothing else to live for, and if she'd go out, she'd do it with a bang.

It started one night, after curfew. She smuggled some alcohol to aid in her stupid decision making. It'd also give her a bit of a confidence boost. She snuck through the halls, avoiding the guards, and made her way to the Peacekeeper station and broke in. "I mean, it wasn't that hard. I'm a damn mechanic." It was there that she expressed, in great amounts, her hatred towards the Peacekeepers. She vandalized their facilities, damaged the citizens property, and even outright attacked innocents coming out to see what all the fuss was about. Luckily, no one was seriously injured and just as she was about to set the place in flames, she was pulled away by her friend Hal and brought to safety. Several hours later, the guards found her and locked her up. Unfortunately, Hal was locked away with her as suspected accessory to the crime.

"It would be wise not to fight me. You will fail, I can assure you."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Hal Hoffman, #16294B, solid"]
"We're all in this together."

NfhvqaI.gif

R4cw4GJ.gif
aivBTWL.gif
TDYoE1b.gif

• Full name: Hal Hoffman
    Nicknames: -
    Crime Committed: Accessory, aiding, and abetting Sabine.
    Significant Other: None, if interested, pm me (I won't start with an established relationship. It will be built throughout the rp)
    Station they were born in: Public Speakers- These people are really just the leaders of organizations. Some organizations are based on religion, while others are based on a common interest. Sometimes they are referred to as Therapists, cause these would be the people most would see for advise.

• x has a way with words, avid peacemaker but will go to lengths to fight if necessary
    x loyal and protective towards those he cares for
    x natural leader
    x has good control over his emotions and actions, a clear head
    x stays true to his word

• x trusts and forgives others too easily
    x cares too much for others, and less about himself
    x his confrontational attitude can make enemies with other stronger personalities

• Hal is loyal to a fault, professing a strong determination to protect others even if it means sacrificing his own. Survival is key to him and he'll do whatever it takes to ensure the survival of him and his people: seek out food, resources, shelter, and keep order among the 100. He is very protective, to the point where he could be borderline dangerous. He is mainly benevolent, but will fight or kill when there are no other options.

Hal is very honest with others, as he believes others should be honest in return. He's straightforward, seeing no point in beating around the bush, and confrontational. He has no problem expressing his opinions on a matter, or expressing his opinion of others regardless of status or age. If he feels someone is acting out of line, or isn't making good calls, he is quick to call out on their behavior. Because of these traits, he is a good at giving advice.

Hal has a sort of control over himself, managing to remain calm even in the most desperate of situations. He demonstrates a respect and appreciation for all, as he commands the same in return. It's no surprise he possesses natural leadership skills, as he's grown up in the Public Speaking station. When commanding others, he remains strong and strict, only wanting what is best for himself and others. He tries to stick to rules as much as possible, as he sees the importance in them. However, if he sees there needs to be a change in the way things are run, he is quick to implement that change.

Most of the time, Hal tries to remain neutral as he doesn't want his personal feelings getting in the way of making accurate judgments. He's the type to try and figure things out with logic and reason rather than emotions. He's quick to show mercy, as he understands the faults in others and is more willing to trust others. Despite trying his best to remain neutral, he will stuck up for what he believes in, even going as far as going against the popular vote if it means he is the odd man out. He disagreed greatly with the ways of the Ark and hopes in turn his influence will help make a change, whether that be in the dealer of justice, or implementing new standards or rules, etc. A place on the council is a dream of his.

Overall, Hal is easy going and easy to get along with. He's friendly and good-humored. He likes to live his life lightheartedly, but can be serious when requested of him. He's the kind of guy everyone loves to be around and has a charismatic personality.

• Growing up, Hal has always been around greatness. Or so he thought. When he was a child, he always looked up to the council, admiring their power and control over the Ark. However, as he got older, he came to realize just how flawed the council was albeit their intentions were "good" in nature. Yet, he still respected the council and their decision-making, not acting in any sort of rebellious manner contrary to his other companions.

During his time on the Ark, he grew extremely close to a girl from the Mechanical Engineering station, a girl named Sabine. Because they lived in different stations, their time together was limited however their friendship remained strong. So strong, that Sabine went to him as her confidant many times after her parents' death. Most of the time, he'd let her talk about her feelings. How hurt she was after losing her parents, how much she missed them. However, he noticed after some time, their sessions grew darker. Instead of mourning, she turned to rage. Instead of coping, she talked of vengeance. At the time, Hal didn't think anything of it. He figured it was normal, her expression of anger over such a loss. It wasn't until she began to talk of actually seeking revenge that he began to worry. She'd come in, sit down, and lay out every detail of her attack, how she'd take out the Peacekeepers once and for all. He'd always talk her out of it, explaining it was chaotic, irresponsible, and not to mention, she'd be jailed. He kept these talks to himself, and never brought it up to the council. However, one day, he discovered she'd finally done it. Alarms began to ring, and guards talked of some disturbance in the Peacekeeper station. Instead of turning his friend in, he was able to get to her in time and bring her back to his place. "You're stupid, stupid, stupid!" He didn't know what he planned on doing, all he could think about in that time was keeping her safe, keeping her away from the guards. It wasn't long before the guards were able to find where she was hiding, taking her and Hal both to jail just in time for the dropship mission.

"Will you follow me if I promise to protect you?"
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Bastianna, #E5A70A, solid"]
"I came, I saw, I conquered."

fOfdUoP.jpg

• Full name: Bastianna of the Azure Waters Clan (Anna)
    Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
    Other:

• x great at sitting, waiting, and observing, makes for an excellent tracker and hunter
    x excels in hand-to-hand combat
    x good strategist
    x quick on her feet, can outmaneuver opponents and dodge attacks
    x specializes in spear and bow

• x stubborn when listening to others
    x doesn't adapt well, isn't open to change
    x because she's powered by ruthlessness, it is hard for her to show emotion or kindness to others
    x doesn't forgive easily
    x because she is so driven by militaristic tactics, she remains single-minded when it comes to approaching a situation

• Bastianna is a skilled fighter and warrior, it being her greatest passion. Through diligence and patience, she trains her warriors forcefully and effectively with overbearing tactics. She remains a hard tutor and only expects greatness from her warriors as it is necessary for everyone in the water clan to be able to fight. She often takes a militaristic approach to things, ruthless, cruel, and aggressive.

Bastianna is rarely caught off guard, remaining two steps ahead of her enemies at all times. She isn't afraid to kill, applying to outsiders and even her own kind if necessary. She is very powerful in personality, commanding respect from others and rarely giving it back in return as it is hard to gain her respect. She values honesty, loyalty, strength, courage, and determination and rules with brute force and intimidation. Though she may not show respect to those under her, she does always fulfill her word. If someone wrongs her, she does not forgive easily.

She enjoys the feeling of having power and being in control, and she hates it when someone tries to overthrow her authority. She only answers to one other, her commander. Although she may butt heads with the way her commander chooses to rule, she is loyal to a fault and will follow her commander to the end.

Bastianna is always ready for battle, and prefers fighting alongside her warriors rather than standing back and giving orders.

• Markings: (refer to pictures) Basitanna frequently applies war paint to her body, though minimal. She has two flicks of paint coming out from her eyes as well as a slit going down her chin. She also has simple markings going across her back and shoulders. Her more prominent markings lie in her scars, her natural "war paint," as she believes a warrior is not a warrior without some scarring. A scar lays across her left cheek, there are several along her abdomen, and a few on her arms.
    Weapons: Spear and bow.

"I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Baldur, #133F08, solid"]
"Scar to scar, I want know every story that you've never told."

P2V4VBV.jpg

• Full name: Baldur of the Azure Waters Clan
    Other: Though it is expected of them to move on from deaths, Baldur still mourns over the loss of the previous commander, having grown very close to her. After the loss of the previous commander, Baldur is even more protective than before. He blames himself for not having protected her well enough.

• x in order to protect someone else, he has to first be able to protect himself thus he is great at self-defense
    x has been trained in the use of many weapons, being able to protect in multiple ways
    x specializes in sword and shield
    x quick mind and reflexes
    x self-disciplined
    x is able to take a lot of blows before falling
    x keen eyes, observer
    x has some knowledge in healing and medicinal properties

• x beautiful woman
    x isn't the most quiet of people, given his size. Makes for a horrible sneak
    x awkward when it comes to love and affection. Because he has such a serious status, he doesn't know when to relax around others and be himself. Can find it hard to express his emotions
    x easily gets paranoid, always believes there is danger
    x over-protective
    x doesn't trust others easily

• Baldur takes his job very seriously, even able to protect his commander and take immediate action before anyone would even realize a threat was imminent. The commander does not eat, drink, or sleep without his say so. He protects her at all costs. Not only is he protective over his commander, but he is protective over his brothers and sisters, his clan and will always put himself before others. He tries his hardest to keep everyone safe and if something were to happen to anyone he were protecting, he swears to make amends. He is very hard on himself if he feels he is not doing his job well, though this is rare because he doesn't get caught off guard easily.

Baldur manages to remain calm and presents himself in a professional manner, even speaking very calmly in threatening or dangerous situations. He has good control over his anger, is respectful to others, and is very submissive to his commander. He's tactful and seeks to bring peace, health, and integrity to his companions and society at large.

• Markings: Baldur has tattoos all along his arm and running along the side of his abdomen and ribs. He isn't one to wear war paint and has the occasional battle scar on his arms, chest, and other parts of his body.
    Weapons: His hands, sword, and shield.

"I will let myself die before you do."
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
@Freyalise:

For some reason (on my screen at least) Baldur's and Bastianna's (the Killer B's? ;) ) CS's go off the right edge of the screen, and I can't see/read all of the material. Dunno if this happens for anyone else. I like 'em though!

Strange... All of their content does this? Like, the entire block just goes over the edge? Or only certain parts? Do you think it's the photos, should I make them smaller?

They are fine on my screen, I'll wait and see if it does this for anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.