The 100 - Sign-Up//OOC - Accepting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sue if this needed to be said, but @*~Nightjade~* both of your characters are accepted! I didn't really think we'd get someone so young, so I'm excited to see how Grey plays out!

@Akashi - We will be starting in the drop ship, just as their about to get sent down to the earth! Can't wait to see your character.

And, to anyone who cares, I think I'm going to make another character. She'll be a Grounder. ♥ I'm hoping someone will join who's interested in being the leader of the Grounders, so if you guys know anyone who might be interested in it (or even just the RP in general) don't be afraid to invite them!

• Thank You
Reactions: Pyralithia
I'm interested in the Grounder leader post. I'm just about to start writing up a CS. I haven't seen the show, so I hope the ideas I use will work. :)

Season-3-Promotional-Photo-HQ-damon-salvatore-25815481-1200-1590.jpg

Full name
: Adam Macdonald
Crime Committed: Got a bit thirsty, decided to steal some moonshine
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Significant Other: Has had a crush on clary for about 4 years
Strengths: Adam is strong, very intelligent, a great strategic thinker. But best of all he is an amazing theif, want something stolen come to him. One more strength is knowing how to hurt people the most
Weaknesses:He cares about his friends way too much, he would die for them without hesitation.He has the quickest temper ever and when hes angry his intelligence disappears, And if anyone hurts his friends, he will kill them. no matter what.
Station they were born : There isn't really a black market on the Ark, but these people are always selling things you had no idea existed. No one knows where they get this stuff, and no one really asks.
Personality: Very cocky and flirtatious, but also extremely kind and caring once you get to know him, he will take your secrets to the grave and will listen to your every problem but will never, ever tell anyone his feelings. his thoughts are his. He has absolutely no tact and will speak what he thinks and doesn't care about consequences. He is insecure about himself but rarley shows it.
Biography: Growing up Adam didnt have many frineds, just people that paid him to steal or traded with him. He liked clary, one of the few people whos name he knew. He got on more with adults in his staion as he would always do the dirty work for him. Adam had stolen the moonshine when he was 14, after clary had got arrested. he needed to drink ause he knew he would never see her again, since the reviews rarley wokred in the kids favours any more. When he was caught he just laughed and swore at them. during his time in lock up he spnt his tie either working out or writing short stories about earth, and him and clary.

Theme song: Wayward son

Last edited by a moderator:
Full name: Adam Macdonald
Crime Committed: Got a bit thirsty, decided to steal some moonshine
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Significant Other: Has had a crush on clary for about a year
Strengths: Adam is strong, very intelligent, a great strategic thinker. But best of all he is an amazing theif, want something stolen come to him. One more strength is knowing how to hurt people the most
Weaknesses:He cares about his friends way too much, he would die for them without hesitation.He has the quickest temper ever and when hes angry his intelligence disappears, And if anyone hurts his friends, he will kill them. no matter what.
Station they were born : There isn't really a black market on the Ark, but these people are always selling things you had no idea existed. No one knows where they get this stuff, and no one really asks.
Personality: Very cocky and flirtatious, but also extremely kind and caring once you get to know him, he will take your secrets to the grave and will listen to your every problem but will never, ever tell anyone his feelings. his thoughts are his. He has absolutely no tact and will speak what he thinks and doesn't care about consequences. He is insecure about himself but rarley shows it.
Biography: Growing up Adam didnt have many frineds, just people that paid him to steal or traded with him. He liked clary, one of the few people whos name he knew. He got on more with adults in his staion as he would always do the dirty work for him. Adam had stolen the moonshine when he was 14, after clary had got arrested. he needed to drink ause he knew he would never see her again, since the reviews rarley wokred in the kids favours any more. When he was caught he just laughed and swore at them. during his time in lock up he spnt his tie either working out or writing short stories about earth, and him and clary.

Theme song: Wayward son
Accepted.
But, we should talk about his crush on Clarissa. I don't mind him having a crush on her, but you should probably change the " for about a year" in the 'significant other' field. It says that he needed a drink once she was arrested, which suggest that he had a crush on her since they were both 14, which has been 3 years. Also, it's important for you to know that because Clary showed no remorse for what she had done, she was sentenced to solitary confinement until she was old enough to be retried as an adult. Which means, she hasn't seen him (or anyone) since she was locked up, and doesn't even know he's been arrested.

I'm interested in the Grounder leader post. I'm just about to start writing up a CS. I haven't seen the show, so I hope the ideas I use will work. :)
Great to see your interested! Just a few things about being the Grounder Leader, since you've never seen the show or anything. You need to be aware that the grounders aren't exactly civilized. The Leaders are all female, but since we'll be in a different setting than in the show I suppose your character can be a male if you so want. Grounders are really tough and very violent, and the Leaders have to be willing to sacrifice their own for the greater good. Leaders always have a second in command (which I will likely play, since you have decided to take the leader ♥) that will take their place if they die. Ummm, Leaders are warriors as well, and their word is law. They're responsible for everyone within their tribe. The leaders are mostly savages and will kill without any doubt, but you mostly put it in the text

Let's see... basic grounder stuff is that their all very skilled with fighting. They look up to their Leader, and will die for her. Seriously, every last one of them will take their own lives at her command. Grounders always have a weapon on them, as well as a case with strange herbs (which are usually poisonous, and they also have an antidote with them in case they accidentally expose themselves). They're very tough, and because they don't have any technology they mostly use spears and arrows. Higher ranks sometimes have swords. They're masters at camouflage, and can climb up high in the trees. Master hunters and trackers as well. Whenever they kill one of their own, they tell their fellow grounder, "You're fight is over," in their own language. Grounders speak many Languages, including English, but also have their own. None of the 100 will be able to understand the grounders personal language. They travel on mutated horses, which are assumed to be mutated because of the radiation. Also, they have adapted to the high radiation levels on Earth, and are unaffected by them.

Changed it son. Said he's like her for 4 years now, and I know she doesn't, will be a nice surprise for him to tell her on the ground,

Changed it son. Said he's like her for 4 years now, and I know she doesn't, will be a nice surprise for him to tell her on the ground,
Great, thank you! ♥ And yes, it will be quite the surprise.

Not sue if this needed to be said, but @*~Nightjade~* both of your characters are accepted! I didn't really think we'd get someone so young, so I'm excited to see how Grey plays out!

@Akashi - We will be starting in the drop ship, just as their about to get sent down to the earth! Can't wait to see your character.

And, to anyone who cares, I think I'm going to make another character. She'll be a Grounder. ♥ I'm hoping someone will join who's interested in being the leader of the Grounders, so if you guys know anyone who might be interested in it (or even just the RP in general) don't be afraid to invite them!
Thank you! I thought it might be fun to have a young/preteen character on such a serious mission lol. Are you making a male or female Grounder? I ask cuz im debating on making one

Thank you! I thought it might be fun to have a young/preteen character on such a serious mission lol. Are you making a male or female Grounder? I ask cuz im debating on making one
A female, her name will be Rhea. But, if I decide to play a third character, it's likely he'll be a boy.

A female, her name will be Rhea. But, if I decide to play a third character, it's likely he'll be a boy.
Ok then ill go for a boy if I make a 3rd

Reactions: Brea
Ok then ill go for a boy if I make a 3rd
Aweasome. Just so you know, Rhea is gonna be second in command. But, if you make a male he can be the Leaders guard. Or just another grounder. Whatever you want :)

So how many females and males do we have now? Because I was considering making a female though if I have to balance it out I may make a male instead.

"The Worst Decisions of your Life will Always be those Made out of Fear."
tumblr_lg5q3oKRJ81qd41g8o1_500.gif
tumblr_mublit1Pem1s3ncg5o4_500.gif
tumblr_lmdx4hBR8b1qd41g8o1_500.gif
hot-lautner-perfect-taylor-taylor-lautner-Favim.com-242383.jpg

Name:
River "Riv" Swiftpaw
High Warrior
Sexual Orientation:
Heterosexual
Significant Other:
None - Open
Strengths:
Strong/Fast
Traps
Hatchets/Knives
Tracking
Cooking
Endurance
Climbing
Can speak English, Cherokee, and Italian.
Archery
Animal Calls

Weaknesses:
Children/Helpless animals
Curiosity
Fire
Electronics/Electricity
Agility
Bad Liar

Personality:
Tough, Strong, Stubborn most the time, Closed off, Cautious, Smart, Sarcastic, Compassionate, Surprisingly Sweet.
Markings:
River has 4 scars in a row on his right shoulder blade that looks like something slashed him. He has a 6 inch long jagged scar on his left side along his ribs at an angle. Some claw-like scars on his shoulders and arms along with multiple little scars. On his left calf theres a large scar right in the middle like something bit him. On his right bicep is a tribal tattoo that symbolizes his tribe. He has a small scar on his chin toward the right side.
Weapons:
2 Hatchets, 3 Pocket knives, 1 Bowie knife, Longbow & Quiver with 30 Arrows.
Other:
Riv wears camouflage clothing made out of animal furs and leather.
He highly dislikes unwarranted cruelty and judgmental people.
He likes the stars/moon/constellations.
He hates being locked up/restrained.

"Oh Relax I'm not going to Eat you, Your too Stringy."

Last edited:
Female it is xD.

Would it be possible to do the Grounder culture a bit differently since the 100 are landing in a different location than in the show? Here are the ideas I had in mind:

Though they are primitive in some ways (no use of metal or other artificial materials such as plastics, etc.) they have a very sophisticated understanding of ecology, biology, Permaculture, biomimetics, selective breeding, and other "earth sciences." They also have an "alchemical" science/"magic" that incorporates things like synthesizing insect pheremones to get them to make stuff for the tribe, and the use of natural hallucinogens like ayahuasca and magic mushrooms for illumination, ritual, community bonding, and spirituality (no actual "paranormal powers" unless there are canon psychic abilities etc. in the show).

They are not vicious savages, but they will respond with ferocity toward the 100 (I'm deducing that they're the antagonists for the 100 :) ) because from their point of view the Consumers/Insatiables (what they call the people of the prior technological civilization and the survivors who remain in the Prison of the Insatiables, a.k.a. the Ark) destroyed the world, and are thus the enemies of all Life.

In their history/mythology, the Consumers practiced a dark sorcery beginning with the smelting of metal (i.e., making of things that do not grow by consuming more energy than the Sun and Life provides naturally), then began to "drink the blood of the Earth" and ravage Her biosphere. When they had ravenously gobbled all they could, they fought each other over what little was left. It is said that the Insatiables heralded as their greatest triumph, that they could launch themselves into the starry void riding great fiery spears, and live entirely by their dark magic, without being interdependent with the rest of the community of Life. When they threatened to destroy all in their greed and savagery, the Earth-goddess Gya said, 'You say that you can destroy all life and yet live? Therefore, you are expelled from My embrace and the Tribes of the Living! So that women and men will never again follow in your path, behold, I shall grant you your desire: you shall live within the lifeless cages of your own making! Never more shall you grow endlessly in numbers and wealth; you would not live within the limits of My bounty; therefore, you shall live within the limits of the Void-prison you have fashioned for yourselves. Never shall you know the joy of a sunny day, never shall you run or dance without walls! You who would be rich without limit, shall now be poor without limit!

"Your prison shall cross the sky forever as a rootless and wandering star, forever traveling but never reaching Home, for neither Earth nor Void nor Stars will have you. And women and men shall look upon your prison as it crosses the sky in its endless and never-satisfied seeking, and they will know not to follow your path of abomination. So shall it be for all days!"

As a result, it is forbidden to use fire, smelt metal, etc. (though they have other ways of making strong materials, such as blades crafted from silk thread and resin, a composite material similar in strength and lightness to carbon fiber), but they are free to develop "technologies" modeled after life and ecological principles. Another reason they have for refusing to use fire is to remain hidden from the hungry eyes of the Insatiables and any remaining drone aircraft from the War that might exist (if only in myth and superstition). This explains why the Ark has not detected them by their campfires, hence why the Council doesn't already know that Earth is habitable (unless they do?).

The Grounders (they'll need a name of their own, I'll think of something ;) ) are very close-knit and communal among their own kind, and peaceful toward other tribes (if they exist) whenever possible. War almost destroyed all life, so they view it as an abomination. The big exception to their peaceful demeanor would be anyone who visibly uses the technology of the Consumers beyond the simplest forms of salvage and repurposing (i.e., tearing apart an electric motor to make copper necklaces from the wire: suspicious but tolerable; trying to make the motor run again: desist, or we fight). Robots, drones, or any other self-powered machinery is also considered anathema, and subject to attack at the earliest strategically and tactically sound convenience.

They do train and practice for war. In part, to provide release for humans' natural inclinations toward violence, in part to be ready should any Consumers escape the Prison of the Insatiables (that's basically the sort of thing they scare their children with: "If you don't stop being bad, the Consumers will come and EAT you!"), or any remaining War Machines etc. show up.

Nutshell: I'm trying to make the Grounders not soulless Orc savages/Proud Warrior Race Guys, but still (presumably) enemies of the 100. :) Perhaps if/when they kill a 100 (NPC, presumably), instead of "Your fight is over!" they'll say "Your hunger is sated!" as their gloat-line. :)

What do you think?

BTW, what is the climate like? From the animated gif at the top of the page, I'm guessing jungle, but if it's desert, temperate wilderness, crumbling urban ruins, or something else, please let me know, as it will figure prominently in my selection of character picture and other things. :)

I can tell you something "Your fight is over" Is something the Grounders say to warriors within their tribes when they are taking their last breath, or people they recognize as a part of their tribe. I am pretty sure that to the enemies, they don't say that at all.

Oh, so it's more of a salute, "Journey in glory to Valhalla!" sort of thing?

Oh, so it's more of a salute, "Journey in glory to Valhalla!" sort of thing?
Yeah, that'll probably be more correct. The Grounders within the show only say 'Your fight is over' to their own, not to the 100. ♥ BTW, The co-GM and I are discussing the changes you are suggesting, and I'll get back to you soon ♥

Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
So how many females and males do we have now? Because I was considering making a female though if I have to balance it out I may make a male instead.
Once *~Nightshade~*, Justice_20 and I finish our new characters (assuming Nightshades character is accepted) there will be 4 males and 4 females. I'm not sure what sex Zarako's character will be, but everything is even right now.

Feel free to make another female! x♥

Would it be possible to do the Grounder culture a bit differently since the 100 are landing in a different location than in the show? Here are the ideas I had in mind:

Though they are primitive in some ways (no use of metal or other artificial materials such as plastics, etc.) they have a very sophisticated understanding of ecology, biology, Permaculture, biomimetics, selective breeding, and other "earth sciences." They also have an "alchemical" science/"magic" that incorporates things like synthesizing insect pheremones to get them to make stuff for the tribe, and the use of natural hallucinogens like ayahuasca and magic mushrooms for illumination, ritual, community bonding, and spirituality (no actual "paranormal powers" unless there are canon psychic abilities etc. in the show).

They are not vicious savages, but they will respond with ferocity toward the 100 (I'm deducing that they're the antagonists for the 100 :) ) because from their point of view the Consumers/Insatiables (what they call the people of the prior technological civilization and the survivors who remain in the Prison of the Insatiables, a.k.a. the Ark) destroyed the world, and are thus the enemies of all Life.

In their history/mythology, the Consumers practiced a dark sorcery beginning with the smelting of metal (i.e., making of things that do not grow by consuming more energy than the Sun and Life provides naturally), then began to "drink the blood of the Earth" and ravage Her biosphere. When they had ravenously gobbled all they could, they fought each other over what little was left. It is said that the Insatiables heralded as their greatest triumph, that they could launch themselves into the starry void riding great fiery spears, and live entirely by their dark magic, without being interdependent with the rest of the community of Life. When they threatened to destroy all in their greed and savagery, the Earth-goddess Gya said, 'You say that you can destroy all life and yet live? Therefore, you are expelled from My embrace and the Tribes of the Living! So that women and men will never again follow in your path, behold, I shall grant you your desire: you shall live within the lifeless cages of your own making! Never more shall you grow endlessly in numbers and wealth; you would not live within the limits of My bounty; therefore, you shall live within the limits of the Void-prison you have fashioned for yourselves. Never shall you know the joy of a sunny day, never shall you run or dance without walls! You who would be rich without limit, shall now be poor without limit!

"Your prison shall cross the sky forever as a rootless and wandering star, forever traveling but never reaching Home, for neither Earth nor Void nor Stars will have you. And women and men shall look upon your prison as it crosses the sky in its endless and never-satisfied seeking, and they will know not to follow your path of abomination. So shall it be for all days!"

As a result, it is forbidden to use fire, smelt metal, etc. (though they have other ways of making strong materials, such as blades crafted from silk thread and resin, a composite material similar in strength and lightness to carbon fiber), but they are free to develop "technologies" modeled after life and ecological principles. Another reason they have for refusing to use fire is to remain hidden from the hungry eyes of the Insatiables and any remaining drone aircraft from the War that might exist (if only in myth and superstition). This explains why the Ark has not detected them by their campfires, hence why the Council doesn't already know that Earth is habitable (unless they do?).

The Grounders (they'll need a name of their own, I'll think of something ;) ) are very close-knit and communal among their own kind, and peaceful toward other tribes (if they exist) whenever possible. War almost destroyed all life, so they view it as an abomination. The big exception to their peaceful demeanor would be anyone who visibly uses the technology of the Consumers beyond the simplest forms of salvage and repurposing (i.e., tearing apart an electric motor to make copper necklaces from the wire: suspicious but tolerable; trying to make the motor run again: desist, or we fight). Robots, drones, or any other self-powered machinery is also considered anathema, and subject to attack at the earliest strategically and tactically sound convenience.

They do train and practice for war. In part, to provide release for humans' natural inclinations toward violence, in part to be ready should any Consumers escape the Prison of the Insatiables (that's basically the sort of thing they scare their children with: "If you don't stop being bad, the Consumers will come and EAT you!"), or any remaining War Machines etc. show up.

Nutshell: I'm trying to make the Grounders not soulless Orc savages/Proud Warrior Race Guys, but still (presumably) enemies of the 100. :) Perhaps if/when they kill a 100 (NPC, presumably), instead of "Your fight is over!" they'll say "Your hunger is sated!" as their gloat-line. :)

What do you think?

BTW, what is the climate like? From the animated gif at the top of the page, I'm guessing jungle, but if it's desert, temperate wilderness, crumbling urban ruins, or something else, please let me know, as it will figure prominently in my selection of character picture and other things. :)
ANNNDDDD We have reached our verdict!

@Justice_20 (my co-gm) and I have discussed it, and we think your ideas are great. There is really just one problem we have with your idea's, and this is the matter of their "magic." We both find it to be a bit too unrealistic for this RP, and so we only ask that you take out the Alchemical Science bit.

I'm also going to assume that since they are unable to use fire, they have other means of cooking their food? And also that they are good hunters?

Lastly, when you decide on what you are going to call your people instead of "Grounders" please let me know, so I can add it to the information on the front page. And, I'm also going to ask that you name your tribe... in the show, when someone of one tribe is introducing themselves to someone from a different tribe, they say (for example), "I am Octavia of the Sky People." Meaning her name is Octavia, and that she comes from the Sky People... would you like to keep this aspect, or change it as well?

Also, to answer your question on the climate, our setting is a tropical island. Justice and I were saying that we want them to discover later that the island is one of those that used to be a Hawaii island.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.