Thawing the Carbonite: Ongoing Star Wars RP Seeks New Players! (CURRENTLY CLOSED)

AceSorcerer

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…

share-1-png.126658

It was an age of peace for the NEW REPUBLIC until a mysterious Dark Lord of Sith- Darth Magnus- emerged from the UNKNOWN REGIONS. Armed with a massive fleet and an army of Sith Lords, the Republic was defeated as Luke Skywalker's Jedi Order was forced to scatter across the galaxy after their temple on Yavin IV was destroyed.

For almost two hundred years after their victory, the SITH CONFEDERATION has ruled unchallenged as the remnants of the Jedi remain hunted through the galaxy. As the planet Mandalore entered into open revolt, high-ranking individuals across the galaxy sought out the remaining Jedi Knights to form a new movement, an ENLIGHTENMENT, to restore peace to the galaxy.

With deals being made in secret, the Enlightenment begins to build an army from the shadows. Seeking out old bases and supply caches from the OLD REPUBLIC and the REBELLION, a group of Jedi Knights and Enlightenment agents on the frost-world of Ithal in the Outer Rim discover a centuries-old secret that could give them an advantage in the coming war...

Thank you for your interest! Now, a summary of the story thus far...

- The starting date is ~290 ABY (After the Battle of Yavin)
- We began on the planet Ithal, an Outer Rim world that:
-- Is sparsely populated and covered in snowfall.​
-- Was used as an Old Republic settlement and secret base, then later as an Imperial junkyard maintenance station.​
- The players initially searched the planet after hearing rumors of an ancient Jedi archive and safehouse. Instead, they soon find a somewhat active wing of the Old Republic base, containing a legion of clones cared for by barely-active caretaker droids, unaware of the state of the galaxy in the modern day.
- After inadvertently awakening the clones, the group was forced to try and get one of the old ships on Ithal operational before the next cold wave kills them all. With no more than a week before they're incapable of surviving, time was of the essence as they barely managed to get off-world and somehow avoid the eye of the Confederation until the time was right.
-Now with their new clone allies in tow, the Jedi Council and the Enlightenment has charged the part with retaking the planet of Dantooine and securing the ancient Jedi enclave and artifacts therein, establishing a new foothold for the Order and the Enlightenment as the faction launches a surprise assault on multiple Outer Rim worlds to overthrow their Sith masters. We're currently in a brief hold at this point to better introduce the new characters.

A few upkeeping notes:
- My Co-GMs for this adventure are @BlueFlameNikku and @Dipper . Players will need approval from two of the three GMs for any submitted player characters and NPCs.
- The story is largely player-driven, similar to a D&D campaign, with a chance to explore many different worlds and undertake a variety of deadly and dangerous missions.
- Players will be able to play as any species in the Star Wars universe, within reason, as well as clones and droids.
- Not all characters need to be attuned to the Force- characters who are "deaf" to it can be even deadlier than Jedi!
- The Sequel Trilogy (which is comprised of Episodes VII, VIII, & IX) will not be considered canon for this roleplay due to its incomplete status at the time of the RP's launch. Instead, much of the inspiration for events that place beyond Return of the Jedi will be taken from the "Legends" continuity.
- The current maximum number of participants is ten total, with five slots currently up for grabs!
- The OOC is housed on Discord- instructions for accessing it, along with the RP's rules, are on the RP's Lore page.
- This roleplay is intermediate/advanced and only includes Redstar members due to its themes and content.
Please leave a comment if you're interested and/or have any questions!

Relevant Links

In-Character Thread: OPEN SIGNUPS Star Wars: Age of the Sith
Lore Thread: ADDITIONAL INFO - WORLDBUILDING - Star Wars: Age of the Sith (LORE)
Sign-Ups: OPEN SIGNUPS Star Wars: Age of the Sith

Last edited:
Is this roleplay still open? Because if so, I would love to join! I am brand new to the site, and I am looking for some roleplays to join.

Reactions: AceSorcerer
Is this roleplay still open? Because if so, I would love to join! I am brand new to the site, and I am looking for some roleplays to join.

We are! All of the slots mentioned are still open. We're currently just waiting to see who will join in before we continue the main action.

If any of you (including @Kat @neptune @Quake ) have any questions or issues, don't hesitate to let me know.

What slots are open? I think I may have missed them or overlooked them.

What slots are open? I think I may have missed them or overlooked them.

There are slots for five new characters. They aren't explicitly set to any sort of archetype or role.

Oh, okay. Can I reserve one of those roles then? I cannot start a form currently, but I would love to join this roleplay! I can have a form up in a day or two.

Oh, okay. Can I reserve one of those roles then? I cannot start a form currently, but I would love to join this roleplay! I can have a form up in a day or two.

My apologies for the delay in my reply! We don't quite "hold" the roles (although I honestly don't believe you have any competition at the moment). It's first-come, first-serve; as soon as your character is approved, you take your slot.

Ok, cool. I'll get working on a form here in a bit.

This looks incredibly promising and I would like to join as well! I have a form from another Star Wars RP I attempted to join for a female Miraluka padawan and I would gladly adopt her to your rule!

This looks incredibly promising and I would like to join as well! I have a form from another Star Wars RP I attempted to join for a female Miraluka padawan and I would gladly adopt her to your rule!

That's good to hear! Once you request access to the Discord, I'm keen to hear more about this idea.

Cool I'm definitely interested. Question, though. How much lore do I need to know apart from what's written here and in the worldbuilding thread? Asking cause apart from the films and the Mandalorian, I don't have much other knowledge. I haven't seen any of the animated series yet.

Also is the sign ups link bugged? I cant seem to get it to work.

Cool I'm definitely interested. Question, though. How much lore do I need to know apart from what's written here and in the worldbuilding thread? Asking cause apart from the films and the Mandalorian, I don't have much other knowledge. I haven't seen any of the animated series yet.

Also is the sign ups link bugged? I cant seem to get it to work.

All you really need to know are the films and the Mandalorian. We're more than happy to fill you in on any relevant gaps as we go! As for the sign-ups, the link works fine for me. I'll repose the raw link below, though, just to be safe.

Reactions: Quake
cool thanks. I'll get to working on something. As for the sign ups idk, I just keep getting the "Oops, we ran into a problem" page.

Edit: damn Its not even showing up in the search bar, nor is it visible if I log out. Odd.

Last edited:
cool thanks. I'll get to working on something. As for the sign ups idk, I just keep getting the "Oops, we ran into a problem" page.

Edit: damn Its not even showing up in the search bar, nor is it visible if I log out. Odd.

I tagged you in that thread, let me know if that works.

That didn't seem to work either. I checked my side of like too many internet cookies and I don't have anything blocked or ignored on Iwaku so I don't know what's happening. I didn't even get a notification saying I was tagged. It just keeps saying I don't have permission to view the page or whatever.

That didn't seem to work either. I checked my side of like too many internet cookies and I don't have anything blocked or ignored on Iwaku so I don't know what's happening. I didn't even get a notification saying I was tagged. It just keeps saying I don't have permission to view the page or whatever.

Do you have your Redstart/Adult Member verification for the site? That's the only other thing I can think of that might keep you from viewing it.

Do you have your Redstart/Adult Member verification for the site? That's the only other thing I can think of that might keep you from viewing it.

You know what, that's exactly what is. I guess as long as I've been on this site I've never bothered to get the verification. I just submitted the form so whenever it goes through i'm assuming I'll be good to go.

From what it looks there is still a spot or two correct? I'll slap down some interest here and can make a PC asap~