That One Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
---
A voice responded to Takeshi's question and he smiled faintly. It truly was the dragon he had seen years back. Interesting as it was, he couldn't help but notice the tainted appearance to the reptil's scales; mostly hind leg. It was upsetting, it was. To see Yaban in this shape really wasn't the way Takeshi wanted to see the beast again. Upon hearing the responding voice, he nodded. As for Cairo, he was stuck in awe. His eyes examined the beast, sure that he had seen it before. It was a surprise but wasn't as surprising since he's caught sight of the beast years back. Recalling it was a bit of a pain since it's been quite a while.

Takeshi listened to what Yaban had to say, later looking towards Regan, who was beneath the massive wing of the creature. He took steps closer and crouched down slightly, examining the girl's features for a brief moment.

"I take it it's been rough for the both of you. ." With Regan's new looks, it seemed as if he were meeting a whole different person. Takeshi Almost hadn't recognized her.

"I see. I figured something like this happened to her. Hikaru had sent out squads to seek her out but there was no trace of where she once was. I guess the evidence of her kidnapping was wiped out of existance. To be honest, I wasn't able to sniff her out either. Call me weird but a dog like me has its limits." He frowned slighlty but not out of disappointment. "Man, I was looking forward to growing up with her. It was kinda lonely, no lie. I ended up staying around Cairo to settle my nerves. He and I got along very well very quickly. We grew up together as kids so it was really nice reuniting with him. I never thought that losing someone would mean meeting another familiar face again. Still. . . it would've truly been nice just bothering Regan up 'till now."

Cairo was in the background wondering what was up but he figured Takeshi would explain things later on. He always did. While he waited, he examined Yaban with curiosity. He's seen dragons before but never one this close. Well, maybe once before. Who knew. All the while, he kept his distance and refrained from getting any closer, knowing better than to approach something he didn't even know from personal lengths.

As soon as Yaban had said the both of them would need his aid, he nodded and smiled faintly.

"Man, hearing something as awesome as you say this is kind of surprising. I actually was hoping to see you guys real soon, ya know." The boy stood up and approached Yaban, making his way on over to Regan. "So she's unconscious? How is it that you're here? I thought she'd be the one in control." He asked this as he carefully picked her up, making sure not to stirr her around too much. If anything, hurting her now would maybe make a bad impression, huh?

"Anyway, think you can walk? If you're running off like this, I'm sure we won't be alone for long. Best we get a move on." He stood back up and began walking down the hill, eyeing the clangrounds ahead. "Oi, Cairo. Think you can run ahead and spread the news to Hikaru?" Cairo looked towards Takeshi and smiled, nodding.

"Sure thing! You can count on me!" Then the male was off, vanishing from sight. It wasn't instant teleportation. He and Takeshi were capable of exerting quick bursts of speed that would be far too fast for the eye to see. Only lasting three seconds, it would give them a head start in battle or when retreating. This gave Cairo more time to get to the clan grounds and report back. Takeshi peered back towards Yaban and looked him over.

"I've missed you guys. I knew something had happened and the search went on for a brief few weeks. When everyone turned up with nothing, that was just about it. Most people just thought she ended up dead somewhere. I knew she was still out there. Don't tell me how. . it's just this gut feeling, ya know?" He looked up to the sky, smiling to himself a little. "I guess there's something irritating between her and I that makes our connection strong. I don't know. Sounds crazy, huh?" He then started laughing a little.
---

Yaban watched in silence as he stepped toward him, studying the unconscious girl that leaned against him before the young man spoke, guessing it had been rough for both of them. "More for Regan," Yaban replied to him, "she has had no control over her own body or mind these past few years. She's been through a lot. But, proud as she is, she would never admit to it."

When Takeshi spoke about how he wished he could've grown up with Regan, he reached over and touched his shoulder with his nose, saying, "she had wanted the same thing. When she had brief moments when she was in control of herself, she often wondered how you were. But don't tell her I told you that," he gave a light snort of amusement as he looked back down at the girl.

When the man said he was surprised that Yaban had admitted he needed his help, the dragon huffed lightly. But when he approached and crouched down next to Regan, the dragon listened as he said he thought she would be the one in control. "Well I technically allow her control over my body. I am able to take control when her conscience is in me. But she's been trying so hard to break Reiku's control over her, she's become stronger so it's taken a lot of energy this time. But it's been a week so she's become tired thankfully," he explained and watched as he picked Regan up, being careful not to hurt her.

When he asked if he could walk, Yaban gave a short, soft growl, offended by the qquestion. Asking if a beast as great and noble as himself could walk? The dragon pushed himself to his feet and followed Takeshi towards the clangrounds and glanced at Cairo when Takeshi asked him to go on ahead and tell Hikaru. The young man seemed eager to oblige and quickly went ahead.

When Takeshi spoke and said he had known somehow Regan was alive and then tried to brush off their connection, the dragon scoffed. "You two are close. You have a connection with Regan not even I can explain. It's powerful, but it could be used against you. But I certainly hope you will not treat Regan any differently to what you used to because of it. Her mental state isn't stable right now. And she's going to need you there with her to bring her back to hherself. I have a feeling if you treat her differently to what you did, she might break. You mean a lot to Regan, Takeshi. Whether you admit it or not, she means a lot to you, too. Help her and she'll help you," he told him seriously as they made their way toward the clangrounds. They would need each other to find the answers to their questions.

---
Tuning into the words that Yaban had to say, Takeshi nodded and glimpsed down towards Regan a bit. She seemed to appear perfectly fine but from what he was hearing, she must've been worn out an or tired. He figured that having her return to reality could be more than a handfull right now. There was no telling what would happen if she were to be made able to be conscious again. It was best to bring her back and at least have back up if something went wrong. Upon hearing that Regan had had no apparent control over her body over the past few years, he frowned slightly, letting himself fall back into his thoughts. Then, he spoke.

"Now I wonder how such a stubborn person can fall under control of just one single person. I guess Reiku seriously got into that head of her's. Funny. I thought I'd be the one to be able to make her snap. Guess not." Takeshi stepped over a few branches here and there, careful not to absentmindedly trip and hurt himself in some stupid way. Regan was in his hands as a matter of fact and falling now would probably have others get the wrong idea. Anyway, they were nearly there, so there wasn't much to worry.

"Wondered how I was, huh? Well not much has been going on around here. Ever since Regan disappeared, there were less and less things for me to do. Well, less and less things I wanted to do. So, I eventually left and started scoping out large cities. Guess I'm starting to become an outcast." Takeshi laughed softly and looked off to the city where Archai lay. "I'd say it's much more exciting out there. I get to run about mindlessly and at the same time, keep a low profile. It's just like a mission everyday for Cairo and I. Still, it's never the same when you're missing a person in the back of your head." He glimpsed back towards Yaban and arched a brow. "I won't say a word of this, don't worry. Besides, I guess I can always use this conversation against you whenever you give me a hard time." There was his mocking self again. The boy was never one to do blackmail but hey, this was an open opportunity so why not?

He allowed Yaban to explain as to how Regan wasn't in control of his body and nodded in understandment as the dragon finished speaking. As interesting as it was, he couldn't help but think how hard it must've been as well. The two must've been exaughsted and getting a good rest would help the two regain some lost energy. Then, he glimpsed back to see if Yaban were able to walk, seemingly offended by his question.

"No hard feelings, tough guy. Even a brute like you needs some motherly care~" The boy laughed no sooner and went about walking, seeing now that they were approaching the clangrounds. It was meters away and Takeshi took the time to glimpse back a little, checking to see if they had any unwanted visitors. He was soon spoken to once more by Yaban and he listened intently yet again.

"Close? Well I guess so but not in any Romeo and Juliet way. I'd say it's an irritable bond. Hmm. . . maybe like. . a bond between a dog and a cat. There we go. As much as we despise eachother, we just need that one thing we can't live without. Besides, who am I to bug when she's gone? There's no reaction better than what Regan has to offer." By the end of his sentence, it was followed by a laugh. Then, he heard something from Yaban that seemed to click in his head. He peered back towards the beast and arched a brow, appearing to be thinking just a bit more.

". . . Help her and she'll help me huh?" The boy scoffed lightly. "tch, I've been told this before. But. . . I'm not so sure if that'll even happen. Questions to a mere dream can only be answered with miracles, right?" He gave a soft smile and looked back to Regan, thinking more to a side he usally never went to. 'Would she seriously help me if I lend her a hand as well. . . ? What am I thinking? That's never going to happen. I'll just keep it to the side for now.' Takeshi looked back ahead and listened to the last of what Yaban had to say. "Don't worry, tough guy. I haven't changed all too much at all. If anything, the only thing that's changed are my amazing eyes." There he went again with the mocking tone. "On my latest mission here, we were attacked by a guy that was thought to be wiped out completely. Apparently we were after a Soul Walker. I don't know, but that guy's eyes were gleaming a golden color. It was almost as if I were staring right into a mirror. Last thing I remember was feeling this unnatural energy being casted towards us and that was it. Alot of us were injured and we lost three great guys. After that incident, my eyes have been gleaming an unnatural glow. I sort of like it. I've gotten alot of positives from all the girls here if you know what I mean."
--
Cairo was approaching now and along with him came Kovu. This was by the time Takeshi and Yaban had arrived within the clangrounds. Cairo approached them and smiled.

"Man, I thought you'd be here much faster." Came Cairo's voice.

"Carrying her? Nah, it's too much effort. Running with this sleepy head is more than I could probably take. Not that you're fat, Regan." Takeshi laughed a bit, figuring that somewhere in there, Regan was able to still hear him. Ah, the chances to tease her now was all the more open to him.

"There's no one behind you three, are there?" Kovu took a step forward, peering towards Takeshi and Yaban. "I'll send out first class to scout the area. Better safe than sorry. Takeshi, get Regan to safety. You've got her now; don't lose her again." Takeshi sighed and nodded, beginning his walk back to where her father might've been. That was the first place that came to mind - it was only necessary that he did so. Cairo looked over towards Takeshi and waved.

"Oi! Later we should head on over to Kourja! Heard there was a gathering over there! I bet there'll be some great stuff just waiting for the taking!" Takeshi smiled and replied with a nod towards his friend.

"Alright, you bet I'll be there!" As soon as Takeshi made his way towards the main hall, it was almost as if he had run into another familiar face. Green hair, bright green and red eyes, same teaseful expression, and mockery that was able to match his.

"Takeshiiii~" Akumu appeared to be wandering the grounds. "Oh? I see you've got that girl I so mindlessly put into death's grasp." She giggled and put her hands behind her back, raising her brows in both amusement and curiosity. Takeshi simply looked over towards Yaban.

"Let's just say Hikaru beat some sense into her. . . literally." He then walked on, peering towards Akumu. "What are you doing here? You're first class right? Didn't you get the news that you'll be heading out with the others? Maybe you'll be able to finally hit something." Akumu simply laughed and nodded her head.

"I know. Kovu's always telling me things ahead of time. Anyway, I just felt a familiar presence and thought I'd skip by to see what it was. Funny seeing mr.big lizard again. Well, before I head off, I take it you'll be here? You're not coming out onto the field, are you?" Takeshi shook his head, looking the other way.

"With the likes of you? Pass. The last time I headed off into a mission with you, things got out of hand. I don't know if I'll be wanting to join you on another task any time soon." Akumu frowned slightly and dismissed that statement.

"Alrighty then. You don't know what you're missing out on~" And with that, Akumu ran off, taking one last look towards Yaban with a hint of amusement. This was just as Takeshi stepped into the main hall. He'd seek out Regan's father from there on.
---

Takeshi commented about how Regan was stubborn, stating that Reiku must've really gotten into her head and Yaban glanced at him before looking ahead, "Reiku's powerful. Even more so than what he was those few years back. I'm not entirely sure what methods he used to gain control; I am only able to see and hear what goes on around her in her body when she allows me. But back then, she had purposely blocked me out. So I don't have any clue what happened at that time.. And she refused to speak about it when she was lucid enough to talk to me," he told the man, his tail lashing from side to side in frustration at the thought. Regan rarely kept info from him, so the fact that she made sure to avoid the subject troubled him greatly. If he ever came face to face with Reiku whilst he was in control of his body, he'd take great pleasure in harming the man thoroughly.

"An outcast, huh? That doesn't sound like you, Takeshi," Yaban commented and then fel silent when he continued to speak, telling him it was much more exciting outside the clangrounds, yet it wasn't the same when you were missing someone. Yaban studied the boy for a minute before turning his crimson gaze away, not saying a word, but silently agreeing with him. Despite constantly being with Regan, he hadn't been close to her. Her mind had been gone for the most of it. They had been so close and yet so far away from each other. It wasn't pleasant feeling like that. However, his thought were interrupted when Takeshi threatened to use this conversation against him and Yaban shook his head, amused, "go ahead and try, it's your word against a mighty dragon's," the beast replied, tone quite amused.

"I do not need no 'motherly care' as you so quaintly put it. I am more than capable of taking care of myself," the dragon huffed, indignant.
"From an outsider's point of view, Takeshi," Yaban started, "you two have a bond closer to friends. Rivals, yes, but still friends," he told him honestly, "both of you could deny it until you're blue in the face, but it makes it no less true."

"And miracles can happen if you believe," Yaban told him, "if you just believe in each other it will happen," the dragon looked down at him and Regan's unconscious body as they entered the clangrounds before Takeshi continued. He told the black beast that the only thing that had changed were his eyes, explaining what had happened. For some reason, that didn't sit well with him.

Cairo and Kovu approached them and he listened to Takeshi and Cairo's exchange of words in silence. He looked at Kovu when the man approached and spoke to them. Whilst they spoke amongst themselves, the dragon stayed silent, listening. He wondered if Regan would remember Takeshi's jab toward her when she was herself again.

Yaban once again followed Takeshi as he walked and a familiar voice came to his ears that made him pull his lips back into a snarl as Akumu came into view. If it wasn't for her, Regan wouldn't have had to stay in his body for so long and then no one except the essentials would have found out it was Regan who had summoned and controlled him. Then they never would have been in this mess. However, he made no move toward the woman despite his personal judgement and watched as Takeshi and the duo colour eyed girl spoke to each other. Takeshi explained that she was no longer an enemy, but he certainly wasn't convinced.

When Akumu called him 'Mr. Big Lizard', the dragon growled, clearly offended. "This 'Lizard' could swallow you whole, girl," he snarled. He might be civil with Takeshi, but he hated Akumu and a dragon's temper was not one to mess with. He would certainly make true on his threat should she prove an enemy. He certainly did not trust so he would have no problem with that.

Once the girl left, Yaban huffed in frustration before they continued on to find, who he guessed, was Regan's father, Arata. And it did not take long for the man himself to find them, instead. His hair wet and disshevelled, a bath robe tied together loosely around his middle, water clinging to his skin. He had been in the middle of a bath, by the looks of it. His eyes were wide, hopful. And when they landed upon Yaban and then Regan's body, they seemed to widen even more. The man rushed to Takeshi, not caring one bit about his unprofessional look and he took Regan's unconscious body into his arms, seeming almost on the verge of tears.

Yaban watched him momentarily before he nudged the older man's shoulder, pushing him gently into the main hall. Thankfully no one else was there. "I know you are happy Regan is back, but really, Arata? You couldn't even bother to get dressed?" the dragon asked, not caring for honorifics or protocol. The man raised his gaze to the dragon and rolled his eyes, "I will do as a please, Yabbie," the man replied, using a nickname Regan had given him when was but a girl. The dragon flicked his tail and then glanced at Takeshi.

Arata finally turned his gaze on Takeshi, "did you find them?" he asked as he cradled his daughter's body against him. "Thank you so much, Takeshi. It truly means a lot," he told the boy, completely honest. Yaban knew how much Arata cared for Regan. Knew that if he hadn't been the clan's leader, he would've been out every single day trying to find her from the day they realized she had gone missing. He could imagine how frantic with worry the man had been when it first happened. He had probably just recently resigned to the fact that she might be dead by the way his shoulders shook, almost as if he was trying not to cry from relief.

---
The teasing he had done to Yaban and even Regan was quite amusing. Heck, he missed being able to grab any opportunity he had to mess with them both. It didn't even matter if it was just Regan or just Yaban anymore. Takeshi was just thinking about the time he'd lost between he and Regan as they entered the hall. He also thought back to what Yaban had said earlier. 'Miracles can happen if you believe.' Was that really true? He'd been told this by someone else and he simply dismissed it, not really caring for deeper thought on the whole thing. Before mindlessly slipping into the back of his mind to scrape together anything he might've wanted to say, Takeshi peered up and noticed that Regan's father was in sight. The man seemed to hurry over towards them, taking Regan from his arms quickly with relief written all over his face.

Thing was that Arata wasn't exactly. . . dressed? All he saw was a robe being worn and that was about it. Takeshi smiled a bit to himself and peered over towards Yaban for a moment.

"Just be happy the guy's not in his birthday suit." was what he said. His eyes then went back to the man, watching him simply hold Regan close to his own body. A small laugh slipped from Takeshi's mouth at the thought of Yaban's statement about Arata not taking the time to get dressed. Then, he heard a name that he hadn't heard before. Was it that Yaban had a nickname, too? He arched a brow and glimpsed back towards the dragon, a mocking look smug on his face. "Yabbie, huh? Cute. Suits you very well, noble beast." It nearly took everything Takeshi had to hold back the streams of laughter that would've filled the hall.

Upon hearing Arata speak towards him, his golden hues looked up towards the man, his attention fully on him. Arata asked if he had found them and a sigh came from his lips. Hands behind his head, he looked off another direction and shrugged.

"Weeeelll. . . let's just say I heard something off in the distance. So maybe I found them?" Was his reply. The boy simply nodded in reply to the man's thanks, smiling faintly as well. "Now look at that. It's a small family reunion. Anyway-"

"Is it true that Regan really is back? She's been gone for ages." Hikaru had now made his appearance, his gleaming blue and red eyes locking onto the three that stood within the main hall. He walked up to them, that same subtle, unchanged expression on his face. "Perhaps Takeshi's done something right for a change."

"Hey, I've done plenty of right things here. Don't go saying my life's gotten better just because I found someone." Takeshi dropped his hands back down to his sides and eyed Hikaru, knowing that the man was surely joking around. That was all who was probably going to enter the main hall. No one came here unless there was some meeting or other important matters that they had to attend to. Other than that, no one would really even step inside. They had their own things to do. Everyone had their own priorities. Until the time called for it, this hall wasn't at all needed.

"And Arata, I didn't expect you to be here so quickly. Literally. You didn't even manage to get your clothes on. Now were you that excited to re meet your daughter?" Hikaru then proceeded in approaching his leader, handing him his proper uniform in the process. "Yaban, it's been quite a while. You don't look well yourself. You should take youself to get checked. Maybe bring Takeshi with you. Unless you'd like to remain here at Regan's side." As he spoke, he looked towards Regan with observative eyes. With little intention on being here long, he made sure to take in any new features on her face. "She's definately grown, don't you think? I can now say that Takeshi here isn't the only one that's grown in looks. Actually, you still look a bit the same. You've just become more troublesome for me." Then, he turned to face Yaban. His gleaming hues just looked towards the creature, as if he were looking into the beast's mind for a brief moment. After a brief moment, he spoke. "I take it you made it out of there without silence. There are others after you. How many of them in particular proceeded in pursuing you?"
---

When Takeshi said to be grateful that Arata wasn't in his birthday suit, Yaban snorted in amusement. That was true. Atleast he had enough sense to put a robe on before coming to find them. But when Takeshi mentioned his nickname Arata had spoken, the dragon bared his sharply pointed teeth at the boy. But then the beast sighed an he sat down, curling his tail around him as he said, "it's a nickname Regan gave me when she was young. But do not call me that ever again. It's absolutely ridiculous," he huffed just before Takeshi spoke to Arata, saying he has heard something which had lead him to them.

But Hikaru soon barged into the room and Yaban turned his attention to the man as he came over, saying maybe Takeshi finally did something right. The boy retaliated, saying he had done plenty of things right.

When Hikaru mentioned his clothing choices, Arata glanced down, giving a nonchalant shrug. But as he went to hand him his uniform, the older man sighed heavily and reluctantly handed Regan's body back over to Takeshi before taking the clothes. He swiftly slipped the clothes on and folded the robe neatly, placing it atop a table, Arata then straightened his clothes as Hikaru spoke to Yaban.

The dragon listened and then shook his massive head, "I'll stay. Once I return Regan's conscience back to her body, i'll vanish back to my home. I'll be healed within minutes once there," Yaban told Hikaru and watched as the man studied Regan. The man commented about how she's grown and Yaban had to agree. She had changed in more than just appearance. They would find that out soon enough. When Hikaru asked how many had followed them, the dragon thought.

"I'm not entirely sure. I think only around 4 when I had escaped. I haven't run into anyone since.. However," Yaban paused and glanced between Hikaru and Arata, "It was Reiku who captured Regan. He's the one that's been controlling her. And he's gotten stronger," the dragon's crimson gaze blazed with hatred at the thought of the man and he growled softly. "He's been in control of both her body and mind; using her as a weapon," he thought about all the times she was forced to summon him to destroy people or sometimes clans. "He's a monster," the dragon told them, "I had managed to take control of Regan as she had been tired and Reiku had been sleeping, so his hold over her was weak. His hold over her now has been broken due to the distance I put between them. He won't be able to take hold of her again without going through how ever he did it originally. But I have no idea how he managed to do it," the dragon explained. He was frustrated. Really frustrated that he had no idea how he had managed to do it int he first place, so he couldn't even tell them how it was done and what to avoid.

---
Takeshi simply laughed at how Yaban explained that the nickname had been given to him by little Regan. Ah, if he had only been there back then so he could call the dragon by his alternative name. The conversation went on to Hikaru and Yaban. Hikaru would ask something and Yaban would reply. By the looks of it, Hikaru was listening intently, gaining any knowledge of the insident. Of course, knowing Hikaru, he was already devising a plan within his head. He was an intelligent strategist which probably made sense that he was always put in charge. When everything was planned by him, the mission never failed unless someone threw it off. This time, though, he seemed a bit stumped after hearing that Yaban didn't know of how Regan was taken in the first place.

Hikaru took a few steps back and forth, glimpsing towards Regan then Takeshi then Yaban every once in a while. After a brief moment of silence, he spoke, carefully picking out his words.

"He used quite the silent tactic. Reiku would usually enter a land giving his attacks less than a fraction of strength to strike fear within clanmembers. His patters are altering quickly. But now, since you've slipped his grasp, he'd be here soon. If not, then he'll be sending three of his highest operatives. Each one will be attacking at three main points of this clanground. Front gate, eastern border where our defenses lack, and south end, where our defenses are highest. Their levels will coresspond to the level of defense we have on that particular area." The man stopped walking, looking to Regan who was currently within Takeshi's hands. "She's what they'll want. For that reason, they'll be truly seeking for Yaban's strength. Though in order to have him under their control, they'll need her."

"Back then, Reiku wasn't like this, you know. He used to be in command of very skilled mercenaries. I suppose that virus within him has taken its toll. I'll take him on myself. He's not the only one that's unlocked several doors to his own strength. Bring Regan somewhere safe. I'll deal with things from here." And with that, Hikaru took his leave, preparing for whatever was heading their way. He was committed to what he did and it was his job to keep specific people safe. The man was going to do everything in his power to fufill his duty.

Takeshi watched as Hikaru left the scene, later looking to Arata.

"And you? Come to think about it, what is it that you do here? Sure, you keep things in order and what not but I never see you fight. What such things can you do, old man?" Ah, now Takeshi was back to his normal self, never adressing anyone to their proper names. Who can blame him? For a high ranked mercenary as himself, he's never bothered checking in on respect. That's was gave him his own uniqueness and character.
---

Yaban listened to Hikaru speak, intent on what he said. He wished he could help when the attack happened, but by that point, he wouldn't be here. Regan will be back in her own body and he highly doubted, even if she was stables enough to risk seeing Reiku, Hikaru would allow her to join the fight. After all, they were trying to protect her from him. Having her in the middle of the battle wouldn't exactly be wise. She'd be an open target. Plus, he didn't think she'd be mentally strong enough to face him. But Hikaru went on to speak about how Reiku never used to be like how he is now. And then guessed that the virus must've taken its toll.

Hikaru told him to make sure Regan was somewhere safe, that he'd handle things and then he left.

Takeshi then spoke to Arata asking what he could do and Yaban huffed in amusement. The older man looked at Takeshi and raised a brow. "Just because you haven't seen me fight doesn't mean i'm not strong, Takeshi," the man told him, "The leader's have to make sure they're the strongest, after all," he smirked, "It's quite gratifying knowing that no one in the clan has the ability to beat me," the man grinned broadly. "But my abilities are my secret. Figure them out, if you can," he chuckled softly and then looked at Takeshi and Yaban. "Now, you two, take Regan to the safe house and stay there with her. I will send a few people to guard it; make sure she's definitely safe. Now! I must take my leave. I have work to do," and with that, Arata left the main hall, leaving the boy and dragon to look after his daughter.

Yaban watched the man leave and then looked to Takeshi and Regan's body. "Well, let's go," he said and then started walking. He didn't say anything on the way there and once they arrived and Regan was laid down on a bed, he sat down. "Well, Takeshi," he started, looking down at the young man, "I should return Regan to her body now. I appreciate your help. You two have a long road ahead. But remember what I told you before about helping her and she'll help you," he said, reached down and nudged the boy's shoulders before he vanished, seeming to melt into the ground.

It only took a few minutes few Regan groaned and slowly opened her eyes. Her usually stormy grey eyes didn't seem to hold the gleam they once did, instead appearing fairly dull and broken. She blinked and pushed herself to sit as she scanned the room, her head spinning and a sharp stabbing pain just behind her temples. She winced, bringing her hands up to her head, squeezing her eyes shut, waiting for it to subside. Once it subsided, she opened her eyes and then she saw Takeshi. Her eyes widened in surprise, not really understanding why he was there. Her mind was foggy and she couldn't remember anything from the past week. "Takeshi?" she questioned, confused.

---
So he was basically told to figure out Arata's power, huh? How amazing what that. Takeshi made a small face and tilted his head to the side a bit, resting a single hand upon his hip. This wasn't the answer he was hoping for but it was an answer he was expecting.

"I figured you'd end up saying something like that. I'll figure you out one day. One day, old man." Then, Arata left, leaving them with an order; telling them to bring Regan to the safe house. The man said he'd send a few guards to keep the safe house secure afterwards. That left Takeshi with Yaban. Afterwards, the walk began. As they made their way to the safe house, Takeshi let his mind wander for a moment, knowing that sooner or later, he'd be having to face something at some point. During the past years, he's developed more strategies, techniques, tricks for battle, and all thanks to Cairo. Not to mention the ever more troulesome, Akumu. Yes, she was still considered an enemy to him and the majority of the clan but when it came to fighting, there were some things worth learning from her.
---
In the building and left speaking with Yaban once more. He listened as Yaban told him to aid Regan, for she will return the favor. It stuck to his mind up until Yaban had taken his leave. Did this mean that Regan would come to? His question was answered by the sound of Regan's faint voice. Takeshi turned to face her and by the time he knew it, she was almost fully awake and conscious. Without knowing, he smiled and crouched down a bit to get to eye level with her. As much as he didn't want to show it, he was more than happy to finally see her again.

"Wow, you're awake! I was beginning to think you'd be staying asleep for quite a while." Reaching out, he placed a hand on her shoulder and shook her ever so gently. "Nice to see you're still alive, mistress. And after all these years, who thought you'd change so much." No doubt he'd never call her by her real name. Mistress sort of. . stuck. "Don't try running off looking for anyone. They all know you're here now. For the moment, a coupld people are expecting you to rest up and take it easy. That's not too much to ask, right? I can do that all day if I wanted."

His golden hues looked at her curiously, seeing whether or not he was looking at the Regan he once knew before. She had just woken up so he didn't expect her to know everything clearly just yet. Just as he heard, Regan had her memory fiddled with, her mind under control of the one enemy that was currently hated by nearly all. Takeshi later took his hand from her shoulder and tilted his head a bit, smiling only faintly now. No need to lose dignity seeing her up. That'd be a one way ticket to downgrading himself to some care bear.
---

Regan watched Takeshi in silence, noticing the smile that lit up his features. Why was Takeshi smiling to see her? She clearly remembered him from all those years back. He never seemed genuinely happy to see her. So why now? The question made her mind spin even more. Then he started speaking, and she frowned slightly. Had she changed that much in the years she'd been gone? She had never been allowed to check her appearance after she had been captured, so she didn't know what he meant. All she knew was that she had gotten taller and her hair had become a lot longer. She glanced at his hands which gripped her shoulders lightly. Touching her? That really wasn't like him.

But when he told her she was ordered to rest, she returned her dull grey gaze to Takeshi and furrowed her brow. "I'm not going to run off," she said softly and glared at hand, her mind reeling. She couldn't remember how she had gotten here. "And don't call me mistress," she grumbled, pressing a hand to her aching head.

She watched as he tilted his head, a small smile on his face. Even through the haze in her mind, she felt relieved to see Takeshi in the flesh. Shaking her head softly, she pushed herself from the bed and stood on shaky legs. She could tell she had been in Yaban's body. The exhaustion which settled deep into her bones proved that. She steadied herself by leaning a hand against a nearby wall and she looked around. "Is this the safe house?" she asked.

"Did you bring me here?" Regan asked, her brow furrowing. "How long have I been in Yaban's body?" she asked him, trying to remember. The time she had been gone, she had built up some fantastic endurance of being in Yaban's body. She was now able to be in his body for up to 4 days without the effects of exhaustion overcoming her. So she had been in there for a lot longer than 4 days. She knew that much.

---
"Not going to run off, she says. Hard to trust you when you just got back. Who knows what they did to you." Takeshi walked around the room some, trying to let his mind wander back to whatever he wanted to think about. Regan then continued to speak, asking questions left and right. He got a pretty predicted reaction to the name he called her so that was one thing he wouldn't need to bug her about. The boy turned to look at her then placed his hands behind his head.

"Hey, cool it. Just sit down and chill, alright? Since when did you end up wanting to get up? Ever heard of sitting down and thinking for a moment?" The boy had stopped walking and was now facing Regan from somewhere across the room. "I don't know how long you were in Yabbie's. I came across you two after returning from Archai. I don't think I was listening to the conversation between Hikaru, your dad, and that dragon anyway. I was busy thinking on other things. And no, I didn't bring you here. Some guy in shining armor brought you here and ran off afterwards to go slay some beasts."

Takeshi then went on to walk about the room again, hands behind his head and thoughts slowly coming back to focus more on Regan. She seemed to be wanting to know more of what happened while she was unconscious raher than what was going on now. Actually, that was a good thing. There was less for him to explain. Anyway, he'd probably not explain much to her. The last thing the boy wanted was Regan runing off and Hikaru scolding him for not even being able to keep one person in a room.

"I guess everone else is busy. They're off taking care of some business. Anyway, how long was it. . . a few years maybe that I haven't seen you? It's sort of like not seeing Cairo for a while. One thing is for sure though, I doubt you've changed much towards me. Care for me to test that? If so, I'll start off with the basics," The boy had that mocking expression just as he stepped in front of her, his eyes never leaving her's. "Can Regan catch on to Takeshi's tricks? My, there's only one way to find out. We're in a room alone together and I've got just the thing to pass the time. Care for me to demonstrate?" He placed a hand upon the nearby wall and smiled mockingly. He'd be messing with her now until further notice.
---

When Takeshi spoke, saying he couldn't trust she wouldn't try to run, that he had no clue what they did to her, Regan shuddered. He might not know, but Regan remembered clearly. She might be confused as to what happened in the time she had last been in Yaban's body, but the years she had been under Reiku's control, she could remember everything about it. The innocent people she was forced to kill when controlling Yaban. Sure, she was used to killing; assassinating, but there were children involved. That was one thing Regan had always refused to do. She was never able to harm an innocent child.

He told her to sit down and chill, to think and she groaned. "My head's spinning too much to think clearly right now," she replied and watched as the young man turned around to face her. It was then she noticed how much he had grown. He no longer looked like a teenager. He looked like a proper young man. But her thought shifted when she heard Takeshi say Yaban's old nickname she had for him and she raised a brow. Now where did he learn that name? Had Yaban been with Takeshi and then run into her father? That would make sense, seeing as her father liked to tease the dragon with the childish nickname she had given the dragon. Takeshi went on to speak about how he was there when Hikaru, Yaban and her father was speaking and she got her answer that way. So he had been there when Yaban and her father were together. That explains it.

When he said he didn't bring her here, but some guy in shining armour who went off to slay some beasts and Regan gave a weak, amused chuckle. She watched in silence, however, as Takeshi walked around the room, hands behind his head as he seemed to be lost in thought. When he finally spoke again, saying it had been a few years then said she probably hadn't changed much towards him. She couldn't tell. She hadn't even been awake for 5 minutes and she couldn't think clearly. But when the man suggested they test the theory, her brows furrowed, suspicious and cautious as he stepped in front of her. Being closer, she realized that Takeshi had gotten quite a bit taller too. Though the top of her head only reached to about his chin. She had to tilt her head back slightly to look at him properly.

The man spoke, mocking her, saying they were alone together in a room and asking whether she wanted him to demonstrate. He leaned a hand on the wall behind her and she frowned. "Not happening. Keep dreaming, Little Take," she said and placed a hand on his chest, keeping him well away from her. Her head was still swimming and she still felt weak, so she wasn't actually able to push him away like she usually would have done. And if she tried to move around him too fast, she had a feeling she end up on her ass from tripping over her own feet. She didn't need to make herself look like a fool.

---
Regan went on about how she was too tired to think and he couldn't blame her. In the condition she was in, he was sure that she was more than having a rough time. There was too much going on for her, right? It went on up to the point where Takeshi had her in one of his flirty situations. She told her that it would never happen; doing whatever would run by his dirty mind. Takeshi simply laughed, feeling her try and keep some distance between them by placing a hand on his chest. This gave way to step two.

The golden eyed male looked at her and simply smiled, reaching his free hand up to hold her's. Then, he leaned his head forward slightly, his grin growing only slightly so that a bit of his teeth would show. This would only grow more in amusement to him. Unlike the other girls, Regan was much harder to get to; to invade her head and have her at his mercy. This was a game that usually, he never won. Knowing that Regan was still frail and weak, she'd be unable to really push him away from her. All the more better for his games and tricks. Takeshi seemingly laughed softly, getting personally close to her face. He'd almost be able to feel her soft breath.

"Don't be in denial, Mistress. You know you've been wanting to do something with me even after all these years." A wink was flashed her way and he used his other hand to pull her waist inches closer to his frame. It really took him all he had not to start laughing. Flirting with Regan was like watching a dog attempt to bite its own tail. He did enjoy it but he never took it as serious as all of the other times he'd been flirting with the other women. This just never looked like he could keep things up knowing that this girl in particular was never going to give in. Takeshi was just playing around with her since there was nothing of her he wanted. She didn't have a certain item he favored so flirting for maybe a weapon she had would do him good in the near future. Or food. It could go either way.

"Besides, you don't have to hide it. It's not like anyone's going to see. It'll be our little secret." Now his own lips were dangerously closer to her's; just centimeters apart. Ok, so it wasn't like he was going to do it. Takeshi was thinking things through as he pulled this trick on Regan, debating whether or not he would really make Regan feel powerless at this point. As tempting as it was, Takeshi didn't think it'd be worth the trouble. But then again, it would be worth the amusement. Ah, if only this was outside where others would be able to witness this. Once had he done this to her - way back through the years before that mission. The mission that he had first met Yaban.
---

As Regan placed a hand on Takeshi's chest in a weak attempt to keep him away, the man simply laughed at her. He then smiled and his hand reached up to hold hers and her brows furrowed even more. She tilted her head back when he leaned his toward her, trying to keep some distance between them. The male grinned, teeth flashing and Regan went to take a step back, to put space between them. She didn't like how close he was; so close she could even feel the light tickle of his breath upon her skin. However, before she was able to step back, even if that would have put her flush against the wall, Takeshi's other hand snaked around her waist and pulled her against him, leaving barely any space between them.

Takeshi had spoken before, telling her not to be in denial, that she knew she had wanted something with him even before she was taken and Regan glared at him. How could he even mention she wanted to do something with him? That was ludicrous. He was a thorn in her side, not someone she would consider messing around with. Well, she wouldn't consider messing around with anyone but that was beside the point. "Don't flatter yourself, Takeshi," she whispered as she stared at her hand he held.

The male spoke again, telling her not to hide it, that no one was able to see and it would be their little secret. Regan's breath hitched in her throat as Takeshi came even closer, their lips only centimetres apart. Even though Takeshi had messed with her plenty of times before she was taken, he had never gotten this close to her. Even though she felt absolutely no romantic feelings for the flirt, she couldn't help but feel nervous, her heart kicking up speed. She blamed it on the fact that she was still a girl and she hadn't ever gotten so close to someone she knew like this before.

But then an idea came to Regan's mind. Maybe it would surprise Takeshi enough to leave her alone. Possibly even enough not to try anything like this again. The thought alone was enough to encourage Regan. Being messed around with, especially now, made her mind reel and she became confused. So she went through with her idea and Regan smirked slightly before she closed the distance between their lips and kissed Takeshi. She hoped it would have her desired effect on him and make him back off, because this was totally embarrassing her.

---
Just one reply was all he needed. Regan had said not to flatter himself but what could he say? This was definately something he was good at. He could just see endless thoughts running through her mind, flashing this way and that. There was also something else he saw, though. She was thinking. Thinking. . . this meant that she was devising a plan. Now this made him curious. For the whole time, he remained with the same mocking expression. He wouldn't mess up something he was enjoying. Besides that, he was trying to read Regan's thoughts, predicting what she might do next. He figured that she'd just come up with some smart remark but rather than that, the unexpected happened and it was. . . . a little in between pleasent and unpleasent.

Takeshi found himself lip locked with the girl he, in fact, would never come to ever kiss even if his life depended on it. His eyes filled with surprise and his hold upon her waist seemed to loosen. The big heart throb of the clan had been caught off guard; at a game that he was surely good at. Who knew that out of all people, Regan would be the one to throw him off like this. The boy didn't know what to do and he didn't want to make it seem like Regan had won the whole charade. Never. So, rather than pushing her off and flailing about within the room, he turned them both, pinning Regan to the wall and going along with it for only a brief moment's time. His lips parted from her's and once more, he kissed her back lightly before completely letting go and backing off.

As badly as he just wanted to run to a corner and wipe his mouth, he didn't. This wasn't out of courtesy. It was because of the fact that he didn't want Regan to feel victorious. He lifted up both of his hands, taking steps back before crossing his arms over his chest and giving her a look - a look that was frustrated but at the same time, teasefull.

". . . . I've had a better kiss. ." Was the only statement he made as he peered some other direction. Yes, he was surprised, embarassed, and very intrigued that Regan had pulled something like this but that didn't mean he felt defeated. It had been years since he's seen her and during his first game he tried to play on her, he was the one at the losing end. Was he? Well he surely felt like it. There was no denying it. Hopefully, his statement would be enough to make Regan feel just the way he was secretly feeling, too.
---

Regan couldn't help but feel smug when she noticed the surprise in his gaze and his grip loosened around her waist. She was just about to use that moment to break free from his hold and move around him, however, before she managed to step away, his grip tightened on her once again and he turned her, pinning her against the wall. She was definitely taken by surprise at Takeshi's move. She had expected him to back off and make a fuss. But instead, it had the opposite reaction to what she wanted. Takeshi soon broke free from the kiss and then gave her another light kiss before he let go and backed off.

Regan blinked in surprise, watching in silence as Takeshi lifted his hands and taking a few steps back before crossing his arms across his chest and gave a look that held a mixture of frustration and teasing. He seemed to have lost his ability to speak for a few moments before he told her he has had a better kiss before he looked away.

Regan could see the surprise, the embarrassment and even the intrigue that shadowed his features and she felt victorious. She had totally thrown him off his game, whether he had tried to cover it up or not. Regan grinned broadly, feeling quite good despite the exhaustion that settled into his bones. She leaned against the wall, watching him as he seemed to look anywhere but directly at her. "I should hope you've had better," she started as she thought for a moment, bringing a forefinger over her lips as she thought back before she dropped her hand to her side, "after all, that was my first. Can't say i've had practice before," she told him and then looked at him and shrugged with a smug grin.

Maybe when she could think clearly, she would realize what she had just done, but at this time she was just riding the glory of taking Takeshi by surprise and knocking him off his pedestal. She felt really good about herself now. Sure, she felt flustered, but she tried her damnedest not to show it. "You can't say it was bad for a first," she said and smirked as she placed a hand on her hip.

---
First, huh? That was actually not much of a surprise. Takeshi's golden hues gazed over towards the girl and he arched a brow. In a way, he was actually thinking she had had some sort of a relationship by now. Just look at her now. Surely there was at least one guy that had his eyes on her. Now holding a very confused gaze, he shrugged then turned his attention back to her statement. He listened as she commented that her fist kiss surely wasn't that bad. Takeshi anticipated that and smirked lightly.

"Well," He began, dropping his arms and placing one hand upon his hip. "I can't say it was a bad one. At least it wasn't a sloppy one. Be happy that I've had some practice beforehand." With a wink, his attention turned to the window. Hikaru and the others should've been out across the border lines by now. It's been quite a while since he's last parted with them all. He walked over towards the open window and gazed out, taking a good look around. So far so good. There was no commotion around but there was certainly an up rate in security. The guards had doubled and were definitely watching for any sort of enemy that might've snuck their way in. It was almost amusing when Takeshi thought about it. Usually, he'd goof off and mess with them. There was only one thing in particular that was preventing him from doing such a thing; Regan. It was her safety that was his priority. If he screwed this one over, he was sure that she'd be gone for good.

'Reiku, huh? It's been a while since I've last seen him. I wouldn't blame the guy for wanting more than what he already has. . ' He thought, sighing silently to himself. Yes, he was in deep thought but that didn't mean he wasn't listening to Regan or anything. Certainly not. In a sense, he was currently feeling adrenaline run through his veins. It was a mixture of feelings. There was a rush, there was worry, there was fear, but most of all, there was excitement. Takeshi was always down for a good spar and when the time called for it, he'd give it his all. Over the past few years, he's developed much more effective tactics for battle and now that they were in the perfect setting, he'd put his gained experience to work. The boy then gazed over to Regan with his usual carefree expression.

"So tell me, mistress, care to tell me how you went missing all of a sudden? Did some knight in shining armor sweep you off your feet?" A small laugh slipped past his mouth but afterwards, he became a bit more serious. "I'm just kidding. You're always alert. How did you manage to let your guard down the day you were taken?" That was the one question that lingered within his head. It wasn't well. . . normal from his point of view. Leaning his right shoulder against the wall, he crossed his arms over his chest again and waited for a reply.
---

Regan watched as he turned toward her, arching a brow as he seemed to contemplate something. At her comment, he smirked and placed a hand on his hip, telling her that it wasn't a bad one and that she should be happy he had had some practice beforehand. Some? Just some? She was fairly sure that Takeshi had kissed every girl in the area. That wasn't just some practice. The man winked at her and then turned his attention to the window. Regan watched him for a second before she shifted her attention to her surroundings. The room was bare, with just a chair and a bed, the walls a plain white.

However, she didn't have much time to let her thoughts linger as she felt Takeshi's gaze fall upon her once more and she turned her gray eyes to him. He then spoke, his tone almost humorous as he asked how she was taken that day, if a knight in shining armour swept her off her feet. He let out a small laugh and Regan frowned as she thought back to that day. Takeshi became a little more serious and asked her what had happened that day.

Suddenly feeling even more exhausted than she already was, Regan shifted so she sat on the edge the bed and she leaned forward, resting her arms on her thighs, head bowed as she glared at the floor. "It was my own fault," she told him, bitterness towards herself laced in her tone, "On my mission I had been ambushed by a group of men. I ended up receiving two broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder and a broken wrist. I managed to fight them off and complete my mission, but it ended up going longer than originally planned. I arrived back here early morning and I was going to the infirmary to get my injuries check," she said and sighed heavily, growing more frustrated with herself the longer she spoke about it, "and I didn't even notice the 3 men before they ambushed me. By then, I was too tired; I couldn't put up much of a fight so I was over powered.. I lost consciousness," she growled the last part, "I was stupid. It was a foolish mistake that cost me a lot. I'll never make the same mistake of thinking I can relax for even a moment, even here."

She looked up, raising her gaze to meet Takeshi's, a fire in her grey eyes. But she remembered something else and they soon went back to their dull, dejected colour from earlier. "When I came to, I was in some room, bare except for a bed. No way out. A few minutes after coming to, the door opened and.. It was Reiku who came through.. And he..," Regan paused and shuddered at the memory, shaking her head, "no, never mind," she quickly said and diverted her gaze, looking away.

---
As he listened to her, he took in all that she had to say. So she had been taken by three men in particular. Not only that, but she was severely wounded at the time. Takeshi nodded at this and took the time to revise his reply. With a little thought, he listened to the last of her statement. Stopping a little after she had mentioned Reiku.

"Surely it wasn't that bad, right? I mean like.. You've been through so much more. I'm pretty sure what he did merely came up second or third." Takeshi pulled a chair up to him, turning it so its back was facing Regan. He sat down on it backwards and rested his arms on its wooden frame. "The guy's got alot of nerve to take you. There were scouters out looking for you for nearly a month."

He scoffed lightly to himself upon his next statement.

"Then Kageki suggested or well.. Assumed you had.. Ya know. Checked out. Then everyone slowly ended the search." The male sighed and relaxed his posture. "That's when I headed out to Archai. There's a city not too far from here that actually knew how to bring some action to my life. Things here were going a bit slow so, whenever I was looking for some fun, I'd head out to Archai and stir some trouble with the imperials."

He smiled dimly and tilted his head slightly, his expression soon becoming more serious again.

"I don't think your father ever gave up on you though. Neither did Hikaru. If anything, I still felt that you were out there too. Call me crazy but it was almost as if you were right beside me. It didn't matter where I was. It just felt that way." He shrugged then looked to the window again. Still nothing. There was an odd feeling within the pit of his stomach. It sickened him and brought an uneasy feeling to his well being. If something was going to happen out there, he knew it was coming soon.

"I heard of what Reiku could've done to you. Want to clear it up for me?" He stated, wanting to set aside the weary feeling he was picking up on.
---

When Takeshi suggested it wasn't that bad, Regan diverted her gaze, her brow furrowing. Let him think that if he wanted to. She didn't really want to talk about it. She glanced at the man as he pulled up a chair and sat on it backwards, facing her, resting his arms on he frame as he told her that Reiku had a lot of nerve to take her. Oh boy. He didn't have the faintest idea. Reiku had a lot of nerve. Period. He pictured himself as king, like he was the chosen one to rule the world. He was clearly insane. Despite the mind control, every time she was near him, she felt dirty. His mind was a sinister place.

When Takeshi told her that Kageki had guessed she had died and the search had been cut, Regan looked back over at him. That didn't surprise her. She knew the search would have been cut a lot earlier if she hadn't been the leader's daughter. He told her he then went to Archai to stir trouble after that and Regan managed a half smile at that. It certainly sounded like something he would do.

When he told her he had felt like she had been with him, however, she was taken by surprise. Her eyes widened slightly and she canted her head to the side a little bit, studying him. It was odd, but she wouldn't call it crazy. If anything, she was a little happy that someone had legitimately believed she was still alive instead of thinking she were dead. That was a comforting thought. The same for her father and Hikaru. Though, she would've been quite hurt if her father had believed she were dead.

When Takeshi asked her what Reiku had done to her, Regan stiffened and stared at him for a moment before she bowed her head and turned her attention to the floor, like it was the most interesting thing in the world. But after a few moments, she sighed heavily. "Well," she started slowly, "he needed to break down my defences so he could get into my head so he could control me.. At first he tried torture. Breaking all my fingers, toes, wrists, ankles, stuff like that, " she flexed her hand as she stared at it, "when that didn't work, he went to the next extreme," she raised her eyes and met his gaze, a mixture of emotions in her grey eyes, "he raped me. It kind of broke me, you know? I couldn't stop him. I wasn't strong enough. At that point, he had won. He'd managed to get inside my head, win over control.. But he didn't stop there. He had to go a step further just to humiliate me. He branded me. I have his brand burnt into the inside of my upper left thigh. He took great satisfaction doing it and every time he saw it, he'd trace over it and have this content expression on his face. Like he enjoyed seeing me so defeated," her voice broke at the end and she quickly looked away, feeling so ashamed of what had happened to her. She blinked back the tears that threatened to spill over from remembering it in vivid detail. Every time Reiku would strip her down just to trace that brand and kill her a little more on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.