That One Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
---
Eyes flashed from here to there, a mixture of red, gold, violet, and sapphire dazzling the hall. It was nice to look at them all; in Takeshi's head. He found all these eye colors to be quite unique and despite the fact that there were way too many crimson eyes to go around, the other colors drowned it all out in an instant. There was something going on within his head, though. Which team was he going to be assigned to? Hikaru's team was alright, but he didn't exactly favor the guy all too much. Kovu was quite young and resided within Takeshi and Regan's age group. He was an outstanding sparing partner when one needed one and, like Hikaru, his mind ran like a computer; strategies and quick thinking plans were to exit that mind when the situation needed it the most. Then there was Kageki. That was the man he found far more interesting. Takeshi knew very little of the him, but as always, that only roused his curiosity. The less he knew of someone, the more he'd eventually like to know of them. The last thing he wanted was being settled on a team with Regan. God if that happened, there would be no focus at all. The boy took missions seriously, yes, but with a distraction, there was no chance he'd be able to execute something properly.

Long chains of thoughts were strewn through his head up to the point where Regan's voice disrupted his thinking. His golden hues flicked to the girl across from him and he arched a brow, slightly disappointed that he was pulled from thought. She asked how he knew of Reiku and he smiled dimly, laughing softly in his favor.

"Oh, dear mistress would like to know? How odd. You usually never ask of how I know such things. For instance, my skills in reeling in girls quickly or somehow being able to worm my way into my favor. This is quite shocking." Came the croon of his voice. Takeshi remained leaned back within his seat before deciding to give her an answer. He leaned forward slightly and looked at her. "It's called 'eavesdropping,' love. My sense of hearing is far from normal. Anything anyone says, I'll be able to hear. So, if someone were to take a shot at talking behind my back, it won't be long before I confront them at all." He smiled and tilted his head slightly, grinning dimly at the girl before him. Before long, Kageki and Hikaru began calling out names. These would be the members in which they were assigned to. Kageki called out several people, dividing them into groups of six. One after the other, people began leaving the table to stand at their designated spot. The mort people went up, the higher the chance of being on the same team as Regan grew. Takeshi groaned and crossed his arms, leaning back in his chair. "Just great. . ." he mumbled, letting his eyes follow the other juniors up to the front.

Hikaru began calling out people as well. One after the other, the guys went on up along with a few girls. Then, Takeshi's name was called up. He only groaned to himself again. He was put under the lead of the man he liked least. Then, Regan's name was called. He just wanted to be killed afterwards. Takeshi's golden hues darkened into a mixture of crimson as he glared over to Regan. "You've got to be kidding me. . " He growled, sitting up now to make sure he heard things right. That was it. All names were called and everyone was assigned their locations. While everyone got to know their own leader, Hikaru walked on over towards Regan and Takeshi, catching the tense feel within the atmosphere.

"You'll be fine, kids. Don't take it personally. I found it to be a way for you two to bond. Got a problem?" came his subtle voice. Takeshi instantly stood up and looked towards Hikaru.

"Of course I have a problem. Why on Earth would you even settle on placing us even a foot from eachother. You've got to be joking, right?" Takeshi was only a couple centimeters shorter than Hikaru but he most certainly didn't stand a chance to him in battle. The older male stepped up to Takeshi and didn't even change his expression. Anyone who knew him well enough knew that an expression like that meant that death was certain in a heartbeat.

"Are you disagreeing with me, mutt? Know your place and deal with what you have. You're not in a fairy tale or a dream. This is real life. Whether or not you like it, you won't always get your way." A single, simple word had caused Takeshi to pause and hesitate for a brief moment. Then all at one, his frustration and anger returned twice as hard. His eyes narrowed and his hands bawled into fists. While the male boiled up, Hikaru looked to Regan. "I assume you've got something to say as well, Regan?" Hikaru's abilities stretched far and wide. If anything, having the slight ability to catch thoughts within the air was something he used to his advantage; especially in battle. "You won't cause yourself to come up to me like this runt, now will you?" At the same rate, he was testing her, seeing how far she'll go to allow herself to cross boundaries into higher levels. With Takeshi ready to start an inconvenient fight, he was just about prepared to take small measure to silence the barking dog and possibly other disagreeing members.
---

Regan narrowed her eyes slightly as Takeshi said she never asked to know anything from him, going on to speak about how she never asked how he reeled in girls or get favour from anyone. "That stuff certainly doesn't interest me. I just put it down to it's because those girls and everyone else you get favour from has something mentally wrong with them," she told him, frowning slightly.

When he told her he had eavesdropped and that his hearing was better than most, that he'd know if someone spoke about it him behin dhis back. Regan smirked, "well atleast I now know that if I want to make sure you get something done, I don't have to go near you. Makes life a whole lot easier," she replied just before names started to be called out.

She fell silent and looked towards the two men as they called people out. When most people had already been called out, Regan was dreading the outcome. She was excited that her chances of being on Hikaru's team greatened, but her chances of being with Takeshi did, too. Love or hate these odds? Hate. She'd choose being in one of the minor teams to being with Takeshi, even if that meant missing out on working with Hikaru.

But then Takeshi's name was called for Hikaru's team. "Oh, hell no," she murmured just as her name was called as well. She groaned out loud and glared right back at Takeshi. "You're telling me," she said after Takeshi spoke. "I want this just as much as you do," she bit out, steely grey eyes darkening to that of storm clouds.

But as Hikaru approached them, she turned her attention on to him. When he said he thought it was a good way to get them to bond, she almost scoffed. When he asked if they had a problem with it, Regan planned to say nothing. But, Takeshi had to go and stand up, confronting the man. Regan groaned as the boy spoke and she buried her face in her hands and sighed as Hikaru stepped toward him. She had a feeling this wasn't going to end well.

But then Hikaru had to go and call Takeshi a mutt. Her eyes widened and she snapped her head up to stare at the man. She glanced quickly at Takeshi. She could feel the rage in him. She watched as his eyes narrowed and his hands balled into fists. But Hikaru turned his attention to Regan and asked what she had to say. The girl looked back at Takeshi and she stood up.

"Sir," she started, watching Takeshi for a moment and then looking at Hikaru, "I do not like the idea of being in the same team with Takeshi Rouke if i'm at all honest. We do not work well together. We constantly argue. But, I am not going to argue with your decision. It's final and I shall do my best to find some way to deal with the problems." she told him honestly, her voice crisp and tight as she spoke to her superior.

But she looked at Takeshi once more and sighed, "However, sir, what I do have a problem with is you calling Takeshi a mutt. He doesn't deserve to be called such names, especially when it's common knowledge of how it affects him. You're supposed to be the mature one here, and I would take a wager that maturity would mean not poking at people's wounds to make them react," she said, being brutally honest. "Calling him such names to make him angry, i'd say, is quite childish, and is not what a mature adult should be doing," she said and took a couple steps toward them, stepping between them and getting Hikaru to take a small step back.

She didn't like Takeshi, sure, but she knew how he felt about being called a mutt. She knew what it felt like to be called names that really hurt a person. It was like when people called her an Orphan. It hurt, and made her mad. Despite her dislike for the boy, he didn't deserve such slandering. Still, she was quite surprised that she'd bother to stand up for him, especially against Hikaru. She didn't stand a chance against him if it came right down to it. But she did what she thought was right.

---
As Regan spoke honestly of what she had to say, Hikaru listened intently. Takeshi's eyes were locked to the man and he didn't exactly want to let anyone know that what Regan had to say actually kind of surprising. It was something he wouldn't expect to come out if her mouth at all. Now with that in mind, what would Hikaru say in return? Based off of what Regan said, she said that Hikaru was acting childish and immature according to what he chose to say. It was no different from the things Takeshi would so or say, so what she said might've been true. She stepped between them, dividing the tension that continuously built up to its breaking point. There was a better chace of peace after that notion.

Hikaru glanced at Regan for a brief moment, taking in what she said. There was no reaction. No angered expression. Nothing. He just looked at her with softened eyes.

"Although I am older than both of you, I am not much older than that of Kageki. I'm close to stepping out of your age group and I can favorably say that I still am fairly young. Though, I am older and you do have a point." At that moment, he smiled, very faintly. He looked at Takeshi then Regan and nodded before turning and reuniting with the others. Strange.

Little did they know that his little plans were coming into play. Hikaru had much to hide and again, one of his small actions made a good small impact on both Regan and Takeshi's actions. Little did the two know that they were already getting along wit just centimeters covered at a time. The man was already able to fix pieces of the broken glass.

"We leave at sundown. Dress appropriately and carry everything you think you'll need." Was the last thing said from Hikaru. Takeshi grimaced at the man and rolled his eyes, stammering in his thoughts. He was this close to making a move and attempting to land just one punch on the guy. Just one. That didn't happen obviously. This only left Regan and Takeshi on their own. It was a brief moment that Takeshi stood there, just wanting to push forward and give it his all against Hikaru. Although the odds wouldn't be in his favor, it'd be worth a try.

At last, he sighed, closing his eyes and loosening his fingers. His temper was gone. For now. There was nothing said at first but when he did talk, it wasn't much.

"Reality can be such an ass..." He growled, turning around and seeking out the exit. "Grab everything you think you'll need, he said...tsk, As if." The male weaved through people, not bothering to stay any longer so long as Hikaru occupied the room. It was nice of Regan to jump in, but he was more than downgraded now than to build the nerve to speak with her. He would've-could've- but didn't. He just kept walking aimlessly in some direction to clear his head. He'd be back to normal within a couple of minutes. This was nothing new.

Sundown would approach soon, anyway, so gathering his things would be vital at this point. No point jumping into a battle without weapons, he'd say.
---

Regan almost sighed in relief when she noticed the slight softening in his gaze before he spoke, saying he wasn't too much older than them, but that she did have a point. Of course she had a point. She didn't say stuff like that just for the heck of it. Especially Hikaru. She may respect and like him and she had known him for many years, but she knew exactly how dangerous he could be. She had spared with him once and she didn't even last a minute. It had been a major blow to her confidence for quite a while.

But she was quite surprised at the faint smile that crossed Hikaru's features and looked between the pair before he left and returned to the other team leaders. He soon told them again they'd leave a sundown and to dress appropriately, to carry everything they thought they'd need. She turned her attention to Takeshi as he sighed, his fingers loosening so they no longer creating tension induced fists. His temper seemed to be gone, at least most of it.

He soon spoke, saying reality was an ass. She could agree with that. He then repeated what Hikaru said, followed by an 'as if'. She watched in silence as he weaved through people and left the room. Regan then sighed heavily and flattened her shirt against her middle, wanting to do something with her hands. She glanced around and then left the room herself, making her way to her quarters.

Once there, she didn't waste time grabbing her things. She strapped her katana to her waist as well as her throwing knives and hidden blades. Once she had everything on her, she left her quarters and then made her way back to the hall. She stayed to the edge of the room, eyeing Hikaru with the rest of his small team, as she leaned against the wall.

She glanced around the room, wondering if Takeshi would end up showing himself or bailing. She could guess how having her stand up for him would've affected his ego. They didn't like each other, so why?

---
His steps led him to his room where he'd pull himself together. As he argued with himself aloud, he retrived his weapons and let all of his anger just disappear. It wouldn't go away completely but it did help. Takeshi picked up his twin blades and sheathed it, strapping them both to his lower back. His dual pistols were holistered and strapped to his thighs. These weapons weren't used often but if worstcame to worse, he'd have to take enemies on physically. Using his alternative form was just a waste of energy and took up alot of what he needed to keep his stamina up.

He made sure his pistols would shoot silently and went over his thoughts once more. All was good. No later did he ready himself was he off back to where the frustration began; the dining hall. The male groaned and exited his room, shutting the door behind him and making his way back.

His eyes looked up towards the cloudy skies that slowly began to darken. The sun was setting. They'd be off momentarily. It'd be amazing if they just all left but knowing Hikaru, he could wait hours on end for Takeshi to get himself over there. To add onto that, Takeshi was basically a part of his team now and if he learned anything in his past life before he had met Hikaru; it was to love the things he hated in order to succeed through life. It was supposedly that easy.

The male soon entered the dining hall, seeing that everyone was within designated groups. There were two seperate groups amongst Kageki and Kovu. As for Hikaru, there were two seperate ones as well. He was their only guide for this assignment but Takeshi knew he'd manage well. A few people, friends of Takeshi, greeted him, shooting waves, smiles, or even nods. Takeshi would reply back with the same notion casually. His eyes came across Regan later on and he only arched a brow at her, taking his place and crossing his arms across his chest. Ah, he'd come around. The guy just needed some space before his flirty self came crawling out again.

"Alright, everyone. Keep your eyes peeled and your energy levels very subtle. I don't want to feel an ounce of your energy on this mission unless engaged in battle, you hear me?" Came Hikaru's voice, breaking the bedlum, or commotion, within the hall. Everyone replied with 'yes sir' and moved on out as directed. The first group head off East. The second, West-east. Third and fourth, West with Hikaru. Just as the skies darkened more within the mintute, the group would go, keeping a low profile as they ran into the sea of trees - each one disappearing into the cascading shadows. Takeshi looked at Regan as he moved off.

"Don't let yourself fall behind." Came his remark and a small smirk. There was the Takeshi everyone remembered. "Getting lost in the forest out here will be bound to easily happen to you, eh?"
---

It was only minutes before they had to leave when Takeshi showed up. She watched him as he greeted his friends casually, seemingly much more relaxed than earlier. After a few moments later and he merely arched an eyebrow at her and then looked away before taking his place and folding his arms over his chest.

As Hikaru spoke, she turned her attention to him, listening. He didn't want to feel their energy? Easily done. She could do that. She watched as the groups disbanded, going their separate ways. Regan stepped forward as Takeshi moved off with their group and looked at her. She glanced up at him just as he challenged her not to fall behind and then said it would be easy for her to get lost. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Yeah, right, Little Take. It'll be you that'll be left behind," Regan said and smirked at him. She moved off as they followed their group into the trees. She could feel her heart racing in her chest as her excitement rose. She hadn't received such an important mission like this one in quite a while. She surely hoped that being in the same team as Takeshi wouldn't blow her chances of getting another.

She glanced over at Takeshi and grinned. "Will you be able to handle it, Little Take?" she asked, trying to stir him and tell him he wasn't able to handle such a big mission.

---
They went on just as the skies fell to darkness. At this rate, they'll have a good advantage at getting through defense lines without detection. Takeshi scoffed as Regan shot back her reply, stating that he was the one to be left behind. Then she questioned if he'd be able to handle it. Hah! As if this'll be to hard for him. He looked at her momentarily and gave her a smug look.

"This'll be easier than all of my other tasks, mistress. You can count on it that it'll be I who stands at the top." He shot her a small smirk and pressed on, weaving through the trees and making sure to supress his energy to near zero. It was enough to retrigger if attacked and low enough for undetection. Takeshi most certainly refused to let himself fall under Regan. He was determined to be well higher ranked than she.

It was a brief moment that the team pushed on through the cooling night. Hikaru was flawlessly running up ahead with definate silence. His gleaming eyes pierced through the darkness and at last, he came to a halt; as did the team. First defenses were currently in session of being taken out. Kageki had pushed his team forward quickly and wiped out the front lines while Kovu's team pressed through here to take out the defenses.

Hikaru gazed over the boundaries checked to see if they were well finished. Now was the time to move. He turned to face his team with a serious expression.

"This is no game. This is no competition. This is task that that will determine whether you live or die. Push through and take out the remaining guards. I'll seek out Tsume. Are we clear?" In that instant, the team was off. Takeshi pushed forward as well, deciding not to rely on his physical weapons until things got complicated. He'd play with the shadows and manipulate them to his favor. He figured that Regan would use her own weapons considering the fact that she used them quite often. - Throwing knives if he wasn't mistaken.

Taking to a far wall from the building, he leapt up and shifted forms using the dark shadows that cascaded around him to his advantage. His appearance was now that of an owl, the silent wings beating soundlessly through the night. This was his own way of slipping into enemy lines without detection.

Their attack had begun.
---

When he gave her a smug look and said it'll be easy, that he'll be the one who stands at the top, Regan narrowed her eyes. "You wish, that spot is mine," she told him, being serious. There was no way she was going to lose to someone like him. She'd never live it down. And it wasn't something she could allow, anyway. She was better than Takeshi. She trained constantly, whilst he rarely did. She had to be better. It wasn't fair if she wasn't. If she wasn't then what was the point of putting so much effort into it when it would amount to being in Takeshi's shadow? A boy who thought everything was a joke.

Regan watched as Takeshi pushed forward, but she decided to stay in her chosen spot. If she tried to beat him, she would get competitive, even she knew that. And she'd probably get frustrated at him. Frustration didn't lead to good things. It lead to mistakes. She Regan stayed near the back, suppressing her energy levels to undetectable.

They halted only minutes later and she watched in silence as the front lines were wiped out by Kageki's team and Kovu's team pressed on to take out the defences. Her heart raced in anticipation, but she glanced at Hikaru as he spoke, saying it wasn't a game or a competition, that this could very well kill them. She understood that. This wasn't the first mission she had gone on that had the capacity to kill her. She understood perfectly well how dangerous any mission could be given the situation.

Once Hikaru went silent, the team took off and Regan followed suit, keeping to the shadows. She pulled three of her throwing knives out in preparation as she skirted the area. The area was in chaos now that the enemy knew people were here. Some were panicking, others were confronting her team and Regan didn't hesitate to throw one of her knives with uncanny accuracy into the back of a head of one of the enemies, who had over powered one of her team mates to the ground. The man fell atop of her ally and she quickly went over and grasped her knife before she kicked the body to the side and helped up her ally.

It was a young girl, around 14 she'd say. Regan could tell this was her first truly important mission and Regan put a supportive hand on her shoulder and said quickly, "stick to the shadows for as long as you can, don't confront the enemy so hastily," she then turned and went back into the darkness, away from view.

She glanced back, however and saw the girl do as Regan had advised and she smiled lightly before putting her attention back onto the battle. Instead of confronting the enemy, she decided, for now, to simply support her team members and swiftly kill any enemy who was over powering or sneaking up on one of her allies. Every time it was in the head. Never a miss. And either her team mates would throw or bring back her knives or she'd go and grab them quickly before returning to the shadows.

She wasn't used to being a support member - it was quite boring if she was honest - but she knew how many she was helping keep alive by doing this, so she took satisfaction in her work.

She glanced up at the sky, seeing the owl in the sky that Regan knew had to be Takeshi and she narrowed her eyes before she quickly looked away and shook her head. She didn't have time to think about him. And he didn't seem to be in any trouble currently. She may hate him, but he was a team member and whilst he was, she would support him if needed.

Well, probably.

It was only moments later that her team pushed forward and Regan swiftly followed. She may be good with her knives, but she itched to use her katana. That was much more her style. Throwing Knives were a bore. It wouldn't be long, however, before Regan would get her wish to use her blade. They soon came to dense crowd of enemies and it didn't take long before Regan used her knives and with all the enemies, she didn't have time to track them down. So the girl pulled out her katana, a sense of peace and calm washing over her and she ran the blade through an enemy that charged at her. This was how it should be. Her steely grey eyes darkened in the heat of battle, a deep grey that was only a shade or two away from pure black. This was what she had been raised to do.

---
Everyone seemed to be doing well from Takeshi's point of view. While allies took down the enemies starting from ground level, Takeshi started up from the top, taking down, first, the archers. There weren't many so this wasn't as important as taking out the guards that were ready to bring their attack down the steps. His golden eyes seeked out an open windowsill and just as he had targeted one, it occupied a man who's bow was armed with an arrow having a bright red feathery end. The owl dove down in silence. Meters became feet and feet became inches. Before contact, the owl shifted into a more fantasy-like creature. It appeared to be the size of a wolf but the scaly skin and reptilian anatomy proved to be more than enough to claim predatory presence.

The serpent's claws bore deep into the man at impact, causing him to fall back and land upon the ground with enough force to break his breath. The jaws lunged down and teeth tore into the man's exposed throat. With a jerk back, death claimed the man's body as crimson painted the ground below. Takeshi wasted no time after his first kill.

He took off down the left hall and weaved through the panicked minors who posed no threat to both he and his allies. Seconds in his dash and he was locked onto another guard. The man stood his ground, running towards Takeshi and swinging his blade within striking range. In that instant, the serpent veered around the man, just barely feeling the sharp sword brush past it. Again, Takeshi lunged up, his claws latching onto the guard's shoulders while using his sheer weight to drag him down. A rip to the throat was all it took once more to rid another enemy of existance.

A few more guards were killed using the same process until the serpent simply vanished. The human state of the male once more came into existence. His arm reached up and wiped the crimson liquid from his mouth. The taste of blood was always one to get used to.

There were no longer guards on the upper floor. A handfull had probably ran down to get in on the battle as well. Darting down the halls, Takeshi momentarily thought on where Regan might've been. Whether or not if she was dead, if she was wounded, if she was actually doing ok, everything in between. Soonafter, he mentally kicked himself for letting someone like her get in his head.

'Knock it off, Takeshi. Get your head in the game or get killed daydreaming.' He scolded himself, his voice echoing in his mind. The spiral staircase was just up ahead and a few guards came into view, just disappearing after a couple of seconds. The staircase was reached but he didn't stop there. The male jumped the railing and rose his energy since everyone was in the heat of battle. The ground came closer. Then impact. His landing was brief and one hand touched the ground within his crouching state. Takeshi had started his games within the building.

Shadows in which cascaded around them all manifested into physical 'creatures.' Gleaming red eyes burning with the desire to kill began occupying the room. All the boy had to do was use them to his will and think much more carefully. A few guards seized the moment to attack and as they did so, the dark figures retaliated. Swords collided with streams of black and jaws tore into armor and skin. Takeshi stood and kept an eye out for himself and possibly an ally that he would be able to cover. Snarls and war cries filled the immense hall. Both outside and inside was a place not even a minor should reside in. Hikaru's energy was well felt just within the area and Takeshi assumed he was already engaged in battle; a battle that was between he and one other man. His golden gaze eyed his comrades and the enemy in which they battled. Just a look back and he, himself, had almost been taken off guard by a man in shining armor. The sword swung close and if Takeshi hadn't stepped back, it was goodbye to this world. The boy motioned his hand upward and a shadow lunged up at his notion, gripping it's claws onto the man and working quickly to claim the his life. There were more men here than expected. All the more to fight better than the last.
---

The world seemed to fall quite around her. People's mouths moved as they yelled at each other and shouted incoherent words at their enemies, but Regan couldn't hear them. Her pupils narrowed almost into slits as she concentrated, slashing her blade in a downwards motion, cutting an enemy wide open from her neck to her waist and she fell to the ground, blood spraying onto Regan's clothes. She tsked softly and quickly slashed another enemy down. She glanced to the side and saw a team member in trouble. A small female, maybe a year older than herself against a large male who obviously fought with his strength alone. The poor girl had no chance.

Regan swiftly ran over, taking out one of her hidden blades As she came up to them, she stabbed the blade into the side of his neck, blood soaking her hand as the man crumbled to the ground. Pulling her blade from his body as he choked on his own blood, she looked at the girl. They nodded at each other and she watched for a second as the girl turned around. But as Regan herself was about to turn around after not even 3 seconds, she felt the chilling steel of a blade sink into her thigh. She hissed in a deep breath and glanced down, seeing the man she had stabbed holding the blade in her leg before his eyes fluttered shut, dead.

'That's what I get for losing focus, I suppose," she growled to herself in her head as she pulled the blade out quickly. Ignoring her wound, she turned back to the battle and continued to cut down the enemies before her. She pushed through helping her team members when she noticed they were in some trouble as she made her way through the outskirts and towards the centre of the enemies.

She was slightly hindered by her now injured leg, but she dared not let it slow her down. And before long, she came across Takeshi in the midst of battle. She raised her blood soaked katana, bringing it down upon an enemy as he tried to get the jump on her. With her focus on the battle, the silence deafening around her, it was hard to get the drop on her, unless, of course, she was focusing on someone else like she had earlier. She has stupidly assumed the man had been dead already.

Never underestimate one's opponent. She should know that by now. Foolish Regan.

She pushed through the enemies and made her way toward Takeshi. There were still so many enemies. She'd have to do it and unfortunately, the only one that could protect her body with so many enemies would be Takeshi. In battle, she would suck up her pride and ask him.

As she came up beside Takeshi, she glanced up at him as she brought down another enemy. "Takeshi," she said, allowing her sense of hearing to reach the boy so she could hear him and him alone, "I am going to summon Ryu Kemono, I'm going to need you to protect my body," she told him, completely serious.

She knew that most people - if any - had ever seen her summoned beast. Ryu Kemono - Dragon Beast. She knew for certain that Takeshi hadn't. It was powerful, but she had to allow someone else protect her body. Which is why even on other missions she'd gone on, she never used it as she usually went on solo jobs, not group. But summoning Ryu meant that meant she needed some form of trust in the one protecting her. If she had a choice, she'd prefer Hikaru, but Takeshi was strong, even she knew that. He could do it.

---
His golden hues watched the figures dance before him; guards falling or shadows vanishing. Everything would determine whether he'd live or die trying to do his part of the mission. The halls echoed with the sounds of battle and it was fairly hard to focus on which enemy belonged to his 'puppets' and which were coming at him. It was a somewhat difficult task but he could manage.

Through the crowd of both allies and enem, Takeshi could've sworn he saw Regan tangled within the fight. At first he second thought this but as she came closer, it was clear that he was not at all seeing things. By the time she reached him, he tuned in to what she had to say, carefull to not loose focus on his own battle for fear that losing it would result in the instant vanishing of his 'live weapons.' She was asking him to protect her body. Why was that? She was going to summon something.

The boy had heard of her powers but was never one to witness it. Whatever she was going to do, she was going to have to do now if she was going to need his aid. Takeshi nodded in return and shot his gaze to the left towards a guard on the move. One of his puppets was soon engaged in battle with him.

"I'm timing you." Takeshi said in response. "If I lose focus, I'll have to resort to my physical weapons. But yeah, I'll keep watch." The commotion was just about enough to excite him but with so many enemies, he hardly had enough time to enjoy one single kill. "Well what are you waiting for? Get your head in the game~"

He was curious as to what Regan could possibly do. She was a hybrid after all in his book. - half human, half demon. At first, he was never one to accept her. He bever liked hybrids but there were different kinds. For example, one being Reiku. It was never common for one demon to possess two different elemental abilities. The man had well over two thus exiling him. She was different. She was part human and part demon. A foul mix but very well known as loyal, intelligent, and devoted to what she did; an opposite of himself.

Several men were falling victim to the hunting shadows that roamed the halls. Their teeth bore deep into flesh, spilling tainted blood onto the marble floors below. Like savage dogs, there'd occasionally be two serpent-like creatures tearing a single man apart, fighting for a bite at the live body. It'd wear the body thing and tear off a limb as if it were nothing but loose cloth. Takeshi would do his part in protecting Regan's body while she set her consciousness within a summoned creature. In his head, it wouldn't be to hard.
---

Regan wasn't actually sure if Takeshi would agree to it. She couldn't overly blame him if he didn't to be honest. They didn't like each other, after all.

However, before she could let herself spiral into wondering who could protect her body, he answered her, saying he could protect her body, saying if he lost focus he would use his physical weapons. His answer only mildly surprised her. Maybe he realized they could use any help they could get. Then only moments later he told her to hurry up. Grinning, she closed her eyes and sat down. It wasn't even two seconds later when her upper body fell forward, her conscience gone, no where to be found.

But then, out of the shadows, a massive clawed paw came out, followed by another. A deep growl rumbled from the shadows as the beast pulled itself from the darkness. It's whole body was pretty much covered in deep black scales and the long, sharp claws on its scaled dragon feet were enough to make a make shudder. It's long tail ended in a hard diamond shaped flair that could easily slice a man in two. It had a long, strong neck and a dragon head. It had blazing red eyes and his long fangs jutted from its lips in a never ending snarl. It sported lethal looking spikes on its cheeks and from the top of its head, all the way down the length of its neck and back and to the end of its tail. The only area without spikes along its top was between its shoulder blades.

The dragon had wings that were the same jet black as its impenetrable scales, but they were torn and tattered, so the great beast was flightless. It's back reached to around Takeshi's shoulders, so without its long neck, it would technically be shorter than him. But the magnificent beast was a sight to behold.

Its lips pulled back in a massive snarl of terrifying beauty and its red eyes dashed to Takeshi for a second before it darted to the side with amazing speed, its massive jaws crushing two men at the same time. She swung her tail with great force, shattering three men's ribs with the blow and as picked up another man in her jaws and bit down, teeth slicing through flesh and bone with ease and the person fell to the ground in pieces.

The dragon seemed to pull its lips back in a cruel smile. Now the fun could really begin.

---
She sat down and before he knew it, her consciousness was no longer there. It was, rather than there, but within a seperate being; another creature. Feet from him, the appearance of a black scaled reptilian dragon came to view - piercing red eyes lighting up within the dark hall. Spines, or spikes as people would most likely say, jutted along its frame and a strong, fierce appearance finished off its own definate look. This was what Regan had summoned.

Takeshi pulled half of his attention to the beast, watching and feeling strong, forcefull energy radiate from its well being. It did not scare him for he knew that somewhere in that creature's mind, Regan was there. It facinated him at a moderate amount.

His golden hues met with the crimson orbs before it attacked, rushing at a man with intense speed. When the serpent attacked, it showed no remorse, bringing down man after man with swift strength and agility.

Back to what he said he'd do; protect Regan's body. Takeshi had nearly forgotten having thought for a second that she had only summoned, not transformed. In the process of recollecting his focus, a man was headed right for him. He couldn't tell who. It looked like the guy was maybe trying to take out he and Regan out with a single swing of his blade. Only god knew. First that one single man, then another and yet another. It was time to take to action once more.

Takeshi averted his shadows to two of the three men, flicking his wrist up and looping the dark streams around first their ankles, then up to their throats. For the third man, he resorted to his weapons.

In a single swift motion, Takeshi withdrew his dual pistols, raising it up quickly and pulling the trigger instantaneously. At the crack of the gun, the man went down with a bullet to the chest. Now this was not an ordinary gun. The bullets were very unique and acted as a contaminant; a virus that infiltrated the victim's bloodstream, causing it to explode within seconds. This gave way to quick and easy kills.

As the first body fell, Takeshi swiftly took his aim to the other two men struggling within darkness' grasp. Both triggers were pulled and both men would go limp; dead. His focus was slowly slipping. There were too many yet the voices were slowly dying away. Some of the men had decided to retreat while others, too pridefull to flee, stood their ground to fight. Takeshi and his allies were in for the win. Once in a while , his eyes would gaze to the magnificent dragon that fought effortlessly. Takeshi had a thing for dragons and most certainly liked the looks of this one. He just ignored the fact that it was technically Regan of all things.
---

The beast snarled when it heard, more than felt, the sound of a blade bouncing off of its scaled hide. The dragon swung its head around, glaring at the man who had tried to strike it. Regan stared him down and swung the beast's tail to knock and possibly kill many enemies who tried to come up behind her whilst her back was turned. Stepping toward the man who only now realized his mistake, she reached down and grabbed his arm in its jaws. Regan closed her mouth forcefully, breaking through flesh and bone and she spat the arm away.

The man was shouting and crying at the same time as his arm bled out. With a cruelty that amused Regan, she ripped off his other arm before she turned and left him, unable to protect himself. If he wasn't killed by someone else, he'd soon bleed out.

Regan snarled, the muscles under the dragon's scales rippling as she moved, dashing after enemies, whether they retreated or came at her. The dragon snorted and smoke puffed out of its nostrils. The dragon tore down many enemies all on its own, her allies, now knowing it was there to help, but not knowing it was Regan, stayed out of its way for if it swept out its long, dangerous tail.

The dragon grasped two men in its jaws and decided to pin another under its talons. She tore apart the two in her mouth before she looked down at the one beneath her. It was a female. Her arms pinned to her sides as she tried to escape. Pulling back her lips Regan growled before she simply crushed the woman underneath her. Regan didn't hesitate to go on to the next enemy.

She glanced over at Takeshi as the enemies started to thin out, either fleeing or already dead. He had kept his word and protected her body. The dragon's scarlet gaze watched him fight his enemies as it swept out its tail to take out another enemy. She had to admit, he was a good fighter. And that gun. It fascinated her. She wanted to know how it worked. Shaking her wandering thoughts away, Regan looked away and chased after a group of fleeing foes and leapt on them, knocking them to the ground and then dispatching them with ease. The black beast's hide was now splattered with sticky red blood.

However, when nearly all the enemies were gone, Hikaru showed up. Looking a little beat up, but well. Her met her gaze and she stared him down, gaze unwavering. But movement caught her attention moments later and she took after an enemy and picking him up in her jaws. The man struggled as the beast raised its head high and looked back at Hikaru, who still watched her. She stared at him again, ignoring the man in her mouth for a moment before she got sick of him and holding Hikaru's gaze, crushed him, his torso falling to the ground and she spat out the rest.

Breaking eye contact, Regan walked toward Takeshi. All enemies were now gone.

She stopped in front of Takeshi momentarily, holding her head high before she stepped into the darkness, the beast's body seemingly melting away.

Regan opened her eyes slowly and she pushed herself to her feet. But after being in the dragon's body for so long, she felt light headed and stumbled slightly. She hadn't stayed in his body for so long in years. It took its toll on her.

---
Quieter and quieter it got. The energy within the hall seemingly died down as Regan took out what was left of the men that chose to stay. Takeshi dispelled the stalking shadows he held controll of, letting them vanish into thin air. He killed an additional two to three more men beforehand and he turned around to check if there were any men hiding within the dark corners. Nothing. The pistols were put away and a small sigh came to voice. He turned back around and looked over to Hikaru who had made his way back. He appeared to be worn down a good amount and as usual, he was never majorly injured.

Before him appeared the dragon, who's gaze peered down at him for a brief moment before vanishing. Dispelling as if it were an illusion itself. The battle was over; for now. With his own energy dispelled and let down, it occurred to him that he had almost used up all of what he needed to possibly make it back to their own grounds. This simple battle took up most of what he had. Regan's original body came to and all in all, she was alright - just a little out of it at the time being.

"Reserve what you both have left. We're not through here. Tsume slipped past my illusions and went off elewhere. That boy still breathes and walks as we speak." Hikaru pulled down the hood to his cloak and shook his head in slight disappointment in manly himself. "We are not alone. Two outside forces were picked up a few minutes earlier. It remained within place and if I'm reading their minds correctly, their attack will occur at the midst of our fall. Keep our team together. Do not crumble." Yes, Hikaru was pushing them but this was also another way to get stronger. They mustn't let their own struggle bring them down. If it was a battle they were willing to fight, it was the restless battle they'd have to prevail through.

Takeshi looked at Regan with a tiresome glance as Hikaru persued his lost enemy. "I will not be far. Gather up the team. I'll look for who we have left." Was the last thing the man said. Golden hues watched Hikaru leave before glancing back to Regan.

"Alright, you heard the man. Shake off that weariness, mistress. We've got another tiresome act to take on." Seeking people was the last thing he'd ever plan on doing. It was boring and required little energy. But now, he was so tired up to the point where doing this might just reserve enough energy for another fight. It was worth a shot.

"Two outside forces, eh? I can shoot out a wild guess." Takeshi called out, taking a few steps over dead bodies and glimpsing a few over to check to see if they were dead. One included a man who's arms were torn off completely. He still seemed alive and he arched a brow, gazing over him for a brief moment. It wasn't long before Takeshi pulled out a single pistol, aiming it down at the man's skull and pulling the trigger. The panicked breathing halted.

"Leaving them to suffer, huh? There are two sides of you that I think one of them are fairly alright." As he said this, he looked back at Regan, seeing if she was at least alright. He was already doing his best to reclaim his lost energy. Right now, he was also looking for any allies that were wrapping up the fight. As he scanned the area around, he saw a fair amount of his comrades. Most of them were alright. Some needed help walking and were seen with one arms around an allie's shoulder. Still, they were mostly fine. It was in the positives for now.

"Magnificent form you've got there too, mistress. I've got to say; out of all the serpents I've seen in my life, this one has made it into my top ten list." He teased, looking over a couple more bodies.
---

Regan turned her attention to Hikaru after she managed to steady herself. Her vision now seemed inadequate. After seeing everything crystal clear, every tiny details, in her beast's form, her sight now was inferior. Hikaru told them to reserve what they had, that the battle wasn't over and she almost sighed in disappointment. Right now, she wanted to sleep. Her stamina wasn't as much as it used to be. Last time she had summoned him was near a year ago. She should've kept up her practice and training with him. But her father and the elders had said to hide her ability from her comrades in case they were betrayed. After all, not many could summon a dragon and for what ever reason that Regan could, it made her valuable. The raw power of such a dark and ferocious dragon could turn the tables of a war. Well, if she had the stamina to keep it up, anyway.

Looking over at Hikaru as he pulled down his hood and shook his head at himself and then told them that more enemies waited just outside for them. Regan's shoulders sagged slightly and she met Takeshi's glance with an equally tired look as their leader left. Tonight was long and it was going to be longer still.

When Takeshi spoke, she turned her attention to him and then sighed heavily. Se squared her shoulders and shook her head slightly and forced herself to focus. Takeshi soon called out to those around them and she glanced around at their team that was still in the room. Some were injured, but most were alive and fine. Tired, but fine. They looked over at the pair at Takeshi's words and many groaned or sighed. Obviously, they wanted to do no more either.

She followed Takeshi as he made his way over dead bodies and then stopped at the man whom she had torn his arms off. She watched as he pulled out a pistol and then shot him and the man's breathing soon ceased. He then comment about leaving him to suffer and that he found one side of her alright. She arched a brow and then looked down at the now dead man. "He was foolish for attacking me. And it's not just me in that form. He is a living creature. His name is Yaban. And he's quite proud of his scales. Gets rather ticked off if anyone tries to put a scratch on them.. I guess the best thing to call him is vain," she told Takeshi honestly.

Yaban - meaning Savage - was a vain beast. And though when she summoned him, Regan had full control over him, she could still feel his emotions and hear his thoughts. Dragon thoughts. Such dark, terrifying thoughts during battle. All different ways on how to torture their enemy. Yaban truly was cruel and if she hadn't been controlling him, he would've tortured every enemy he got a hold of. And yet, if he wasn't fighting, though frustratingly vain and prideful, he was quite docile. A mixture of feline and canine in character.

She stretched her arms high over her head as she continued to follow Takashi for a while. But then she found one of her throwing knives buried in an enemy's head and she pulled it out swiftly and put it away after wiping off the blood on the dead man's clothes. She searched for her other blades, doing the same thing with each one when Takeshi commented on her dragon form. She looked over at him and then grinned. "Don't tell him that," she said lightly, "he'll either be quite upset he's not your first or he'll gloat forevermore. But I appreciate it, he is quite breath taking," she said and then thought for a moment, "I do sort of have the ability to call on one other dragon - without going into her body - but she's still young and I can't do it for long with her. Maybe some day i'll let you meet both of them properly, if you would like to that is," she offered. It was the least she could do after he had protected her body. She hadn't sustained any injuries whilst he did so.

And though she could only summon the young dragon for only a couple of minutes, she figured Takeshi would appreciate it either way. She needed to train with her summoning, but her father no longer had time to watch over her for if something went wrong, so it was hard to do so.

She wiped her hands on her pants and her right hand came away with blood. She glanced down and 'hmmm'ed lightly. She had forgotten her wound on her leg. It had gone numb. She wasn't entirely sure that was good, but at that moment she didn't care. She had a mission to finish. "By the way, Takeshi," she said, "thank you for protecting my body back there," she said honestly. Gosh, two thank you's in the span of 24 hours. What was wrong with her?

---
"Yaban, huh? So he's a whole seperate being as well? Interesting. He must truly enjoy battle possibly torture alone if he leaves enemies in nothing but pain through battle. Still, he's quite the keeper." When Takeshi spoke of certain dragons, he either liked the creature he spoke of or hated it. That was it. There was no 'I sort of like it' or 'the appearance was ok.' It was either 'that serpent was breathtaking' or 'I hated the thing.'

He walked on with carefull eyes, knowing more clearly that he was not alone. They were not alone. Half his attention was on his surroundings and half on the conversation. He chuckled, though, at the mention of not telling Yaban that he wasn't his first magnificent serpent seen. Regan spoke of how she'd show him a second dragon that she was able to take control of; but not for long. That is, if he'd like.

"Seeing yet another beauty... We'll see. If we've got the time after this fight then you can go ahead and try." Came his response. The male had now stepped outside, still counting how many allies were breathing. He heard Regan hum something and there was no need to gaze back, for he had well smelled the blood that had seeped from her leg. The smell of hybrid blood was far different according to Takeshi. It was heavier and had a much more bitter smell to it. Regan's fit the description perfectly due to the human traits she possessed.

"Your leg gonna be ok?" He asked after hearing her pull one of her knives free from a man's skull. "And no problem, mistress. Amazing how you're thanking me much more." Then came a little laugh. His golden hues looked out, seeing their allies finish off a few men who were far injured. Here, the guards were finished. But with Hikaru saying that the battle wasn't over, that meant that there would be a second action taking place at either his command or another's.

Takeshi was just about to say something else to Regan just before he felt a surprising amount of force bring him to the Earth below, his back hitting the ground hard. This figure's speed was undetectable and it used what it had to its advantage. Deciding to look at what brought him down before struggling, his eyes met with eyes, both, holding red and green colors with a black center signifying its pupil. Then came the blazing, semi short green hair and red ex on the being's left cheek. Not to metion the ones going down its neck; three in particular. If he wasn't mistaken, this was the last girl on the planet he'd flirt with if she remained quite 'split up.' - Her divided personalities.

The female giggled, leaning down towards Takeshi with saneless eyes. He lifted an arm to separate her far from his face and glared at her disdainfully.

"Takeshi~" she began, tilting her head one way. "Let's play again~" her right hand slipped down, fingers looping quickly onto one of his pistols. Though by the time Takeshi was able to react, she withdrew the gun and lifted up its aim incredibly fast, taking it to Regan. All he was able to do was push the girl off balance so her aim wouldn't be as precise. It wouldn't be enough, though. Regan must do her part and move. This was Takeshi's gun he was worried about. One bullet in her body and it was a one way ticket to hell.

Akumu Shize; sadistic girl who's nearly killed Takeshi once if it hadn't been for Hikaru back then. She knew nothing of passion and kindness unless around her own valued teammates. A sleight of hand expert and a very sly person when flirting. It was like a genderbent version of Takeshi but way better. At the crack of the gun, yet another, possibly short battle, would take place. Knowing Akumu, she was just going to start a little ruckus then vanish.
---

Regan grinned at his comment that Yaban was still a keeper. She liked it when people liked him. After all, he had been with her since she was 7. Back then, Yaban had been quite the spitfire. It took many years to bring him under control and learn to over power his body. She didn't get it right until she was about 10 if she was completely honest. He was a stubborn beast and fought her every step of the way. And for a 7 year old, trying to control a juvenile dragon was quite the feat. Well, he was more so a juvenile delinquent but she wouldn't go into that. Yaban was still pretty young and on the verge of reaching adulthood, but he had calmed down quite a bit. Thankfully.

When Takeshi said that she could try if they had time after this fight, she nodded, "very well then," she replied. After she had pulled a knife from an enemy, Takeshi asked if she was going be okay. She looked over at him and shrugged, "I'll get it checked out when we're done. Can't worry about it right now," she replied, shaking off the actually question.

When Takeshi mentioned her thanking him more, she screwed up her nose. "Just don't get used to it," she told him.

She looked around as they made it outside. A few of her comrades had fallen, which was sad, but it was a blessing that so many had survived. Over near the other side of the dead bodies, she saw the young girl she had saved near the start of the fight. The girl looked over and waved to her, a huge, thankful smile on her youthful features. Regan gave a small wave back before turning her attention back to Takeshi.

It seemed he was about to say something else when he was suddenly knocked off his feet by a girl. Regan's eyes widened in surprise. She hadn't even heard her, nor felt her energy. Her bright green hair stood out, even to her with her own fiery red. Regan took a step forward as the female leaned down and Takeshi lifted an arm to separate them as he glared at her. Well, a girl other then herself that he didn't like. That was news. If it wasn't for the fact that she was obviously not on their side, she may have wanted to get to know her a bit better. Just to learn some more ways to annoy the boy.

The girl spoke and Regan narrowed her eyes. Play again? They knew each other? Huh. Unfortunately, the girl moved too quickly and before Regan even had a chance to get to them, the girl pulled one of Takeshi's gun from its holster and then aimed the weapon at her. The gun fired just as Takeshi had shoved the girl to unbalance her and make the shot go off kilter. Unfortunately for Regan, though she had attempted to dodge, she had misinterpreted the speed of the bullet and it lodged itself in her right side, just below her rib cage. A sharp inhaled of breath and the force of the bullet knocked her off her feet. She went to the ground, only just managing to twist her body so she wouldn't hit her head.

The impact winded her, leaving her gasping for breath. She turned onto her side, and pushed herself to her feet. She raised her left hand to her side and it came away with blood. Her eyes widened in surprise, then her expression changed to realization and then real fear. She knew what the bullets in Takeshi's guns did. She raised her gaze to meet Takeshi's for a moment, for the first time since she was a young girl, she felt true and utter fear.

Moments later, the pain hit her. She gasped and stumbled forward as the agony soon spread through her body. Never in her life had she ever felt anything like it. But what hurt more than the pain was the terrifying thought that she was going to die. Her knees gave way and she fell forward, only just managing to catch herself with her hands. Her breathing turned shallow as it felt like her insides burned, like they were being torn apart.. She didn't want to die. Regan laid on the ground, and stared up at the sky, trying to fight the intense pain. And despite Takeshi being so close to her, she couldn't fight the tears that welled in her eyes from a mixture or fear and agony. If she was going to die, she wanted it to happen soon. A slow death like this would be too excruciating.

---
That same smell; bitter and heavy. Regan was hit. Akumu laughed and skipped up to her feet, gun in hand.

"Takeshi," she cooed, gazing over to the male as he let his eyes fall to Regan. Sure, he disliked the girl, but they were on the same team. Besides, who else would he be able to annoy? Regan was someone he'd go and bother whenever he was bored. It wouldn't be the same without her uptight self around. "I am still amazed with your weapons. How's about you let me keep one? It'll be a little souvenir of mine, hm?" The girl took light strides back to Takeshi as he came to his feet, his eyes now upon the girl.

Other team members took in on the new enemy, their gleaming crimson eyes carefull to read Akumu's very attacks.

"Screw off, lapdog. I don't need you anywhere near me. Go on back to your daddy and cry out your tears for me, will ya?" Takeshi did his best to make sure that Regan was at least still breathing. He was listening closely and hid away anything he knew of her. If he had veered his attention to Regan, she'd surely be killed by Akumu herself.

The green haired girl narrowed her eyes and the playfullness faded away a bit. The gun she waved around came to a stop and he posture straightened.

"Lapdog? You did not just downgrade my well being. Reiku isn't as strong as I and I can prove it to you." Allies that, at last, took their attack at Akumu were merely cut off by toxic green flames that jutted around the three of them; she, Takeshi, and Regan. Her eye coloration darkened and her expression was... Unpleasent.

Takeshi remained prepared. Within seconds, Akumu, as if she had vanished, appeared to the left of Takeshi - putting a kick in motion. She drove her leg towards him, twisting her body into the attack and leaning into the blow. The male used nothing but hearing as his defense. He rose his left arm up, just near his head where the kick would land. When it hit him, it hit hard. Takeshi stumbled to the right a few steps and peered up to where Akumu would be; gone.

There to his right she came up fast and brought up a kick targetting his gut. He had little time to react. Akumu used pure force into the attack, hitting Takeshi with anger and revenge fueling it. Upon impact, Takeshi gritted his teeth in pain, finding himself no later on his back. Pain flooded through his body as he tried collecting himself. He wouldn't stop here. Using his elbows, he pushed himself up and staggered to his feet. The flames burned brightly through the night as the small battle raged on.

Akumu laughed and watched Takeshi struggle within the slight physical pain he was feeling.

"What's wrong? Did you lose your touch in battle? What happened to all of those counter attacks you once pulled on me? You seem a little distracted." Her eyes glimpsed around, the abnormal eye colorations glmpsing at her enemies all around. Takeshi's comrades remained within the outer ring of the flames that flickered brightly. All but Regan whom Akumu glimpsed at dearly.

"Oh? This must be it. If she disappears, will you put up a more amusing battle? Rouke, you're begining to be no fun you silly dog." The girl's steps went towards Regan and she hummed a small tune as she neared the body. She waved the gun here and there within each careless step.

Just before Takeshi was able to press forward, a great force of energy took the chance. Another figure landed just feet in front of Regan's position, expelling a burst of intangible energy; this caused the girl to stumble back as well as Takeshi. The flickering flames extinguished.

Eyes of red and blue, a deep blue cloak, and the same cold stare. Hikaru decided to show up. Without a single word, shadows jutted out from the ground, lunging out at Akumu with deadly accuracy. She bounded back and maneuvered around each one with ease, letting her laughter grow. Step after step. It was an easy task for her but this was only a diversion for Takeshi to get out of the battle. There was no second thought of this.

The golden eyed male pushed past the thought of hurting joints and went for Regan, kneeling beside her and focusing on her faint breathing.

"Don't die on me, Regan. You're not going to let one simple shot being you down, right?" Talking was the only thing in mind. He felt useless and he hated the fact that he technically lost to a girl. Picking Regan up, he looped an arm beneath her legs and the other supporting her upper body. His only chance was to the shadows and that's where he'd go.

"Think of it like eating something really spicey. It'll go away. You just gotta pull through with it." Takeshi glimpsed at Regan with a somewhat teasefull gaze. Keeping the situation light hearted was the only thing he was able to do. Sure, her blood smelled foul but that didn't mean he'd leave her back there to die. "I'll get that bullet out but the effects alone are going to be an ass. Just stay with me."

He'd keep his word.
---

Regan heard the pair talking, the girl asking to take one of his guns and Takeshi insulting her and telling her to leave. Their team mates tried to help but a deadly green haze surrounding the three, keeping the others at bay. The girl retaliated and then they were fighting. Regan turned her head slightly to watch them, wincing at the pain that small movement caused her. She watched in silence, trying her best to ignore the agonizing pain throughout her whole body. Takeshi was losing.. For some reason, that thought unsettled her. Takeshi wasn't supposed to lose to anyone but her. Only her. No one else. This green haired girl wasn't allowed to take that from her. Especially not in what she figured were going to be her last moments.

Takeshi fell before pushing himself to his feet and Regan tensed, which caused another wave of pain throughout her body and she groaned. As the worst of it subsided, she opened her eyes to see the girl advancing toward her. What did she want with her? It's not like she could do anything. Any sort of movement made the pain worse.

But before the girl could get closer to her, Hikaru appeared. Regan released a tired breath. Now Takeshi would be alright. Why she was worrying about him now of all moments, she didn't know. But she was grateful that when Hikaru engaged with the girl, Takeshi was out of harms way. Funny how when one was pretty much guaranteed to die, they worried about someone else. Or maybe that was just her and she was odd.

A few moments later, Takeshi was kneeling beside her, telling her not to die, to not let a single shot take her down. She didn't plan on letting a single bullet take her down, but it would be so, so easy to just close her eyes. To close her eyes and let the pain fade away. And she was just about to do that, when Takeshi looped an arm under her legs and behind her back and picked her up. The movement jostled her, sending a fresh wave of burning through out her whole being and she cried out weakly.

He then started carrying her somewhere and she tried to push away the constant hum of pain. When he told her to think of it as if she'd eaten something spicy, that it would go away and she'd have to pull through it, Regan couldn't help but laugh softly, which caused her to cringe. Not a good idea. She looked up at him, her usually steely grey eyes a ghostly pale colour. "But I like.." she said softly, waiting for the wave to pass before she spoke again, "spicy food."

When he said he'd get the bullet out, to just stay with him, Regan believed him. She trusted that he would keep his word. So when they had gotten to the shadows and she was placed on the ground and she took in a shallow breath. She felt weak and her head was spinning. Not good. And she felt tired. So very tired. Even through the pain of Takeshi starting to get the bullet out of her, she felt tired. She turned her head toward him slowly and gave a weak smile.

"I'm just," she said quietly, "going to close my eyes.. For a minute," and her lids fell shut moments later. She stopped breathing.

But a minute later, the rising and falling of her chest began again. Her skin was deathly pale, but she was breathing. But her conscience was missing. Anyone could feel it was missing.

Then, for some reason, Yaban stepped out of the shadows and the great beast shook out his body and wings before his scarlet gaze looked down at Takeshi, a little surprised. Then his gaze went to Regan's body. yaban drew his head back in confusion. But really, Regan was in the dragon's body. She didn't know how - she hadn't attempted to summon him. But here, she was, in Yaban's body. She thought she had died. But then the dragon's thought came to her, saying 'Can't let you die. I need you,' which Regan then understood that Yaban had somehow known she was dying and drew her conscience into him of his own free will. What he meant by he needed her, she didn't know, though.

Regan sat down, and then brought her massive head to Takeshi and nudged him. She hadn't done it in a couple years, but she tried speaking. "I'm.." her words through the beast's mouth were rough and hard so she snorted and instead used the telepathy Yaban had and said into Takeshi's mind, "I'm fine. Yaban sensed I was weak and forced my conscience into him so I wouldn't die," she explained, "again.. Thank you."

Status
Not open for further replies.