That Dark and Stormy Night

Rayne smirked when she saw Aria's puppy face. Before she could answer the angel was speaking to her. She clenched her jaw and looked down at him before glancing over at Logan. Her smile was soft. "It has been a while." She chuckled slightly. "I've been okay Logan just...dealing with certain things in life." It was the simplest and easiest way to describe her situation. "How have you been?" She asked with slight intrigue. "How bad was it out there?" another question which referred to the war. No matter how odd or interesting...or weird her story was Logan would be the one to have stories. Real, most likely painful stories, scary stories. The world was an intimidating place, it became even scarier when one discovered what else lay just under the surface.

"its gotten worse on the front line. Were fighting an uphill battle and its not going well." Over the last 4 years logan had lost countless friends to the war. the fact he survived through it was a miracle. "Just before i left i had right a condolence letter to the family of my good buddy who died when we were ambushed the day before we came home."

"Um what do you guys think?" Aria asked turning to her brother and Rayne with confusion. Maybe she was just being the same old helpless person she always was but the situation was so crazy it was justified in her mind.

Tomoya didn't look up. He continued to kneel before her his head bowed as he silently thought to himself, 'Come now Aria. We musn't waste a moment more.' almost breaking his pose he stops himself from looking up of speaking. She needed to make the decision and she needed to make it fast. He could sense the presence of enemies and he needed her to enter the contract with him.

Rayne listened to Logan speak, her face was sad. Had he been the only one to come back from his whole group? That would be harsh. She went to speak but Aria's voice rang through her ears as she looked in her direction. Glancing down at the fallen angel Rayne almost snarled. Meeting Aria's gaze she shook her head. "No...You don't know if he has any ulterior motives. He says he's here to protect you...there could be more." Looking down at the angel Rayne stepped closer to Aria. "Both your brother and I are here...both of us are people you know and trust, we can protect you just as well as she can." Another rather harsh glare towards the kneeling angel. "The only thing he's got on us is that" Rayne shrugged. "He can fly." She gazed into Aria's eyes. "I'm sticking to my no, but in the end, it's up to you Ari." Rayne smirked and looked down at the angel one last time before stepping back slightly. Waiting to see what was going to unfold.

He tensed up at Rayne's obvious distrust of him and merely spoke very calmly, "If I wanted to do something like hurt you three I would have already and you would have been powerless to stop me."

Her gaze turned to the angel as she scoffed. A smirk spreading across her lips. "You'd be surprised at what I'm capable of." Her words were simple, a slightly sinister tone to them. She approached the angel, dropping to his eye level she looked at him. She couldn't resist a challenge but she had to try. Her body was already preparing for the possibility of a fight and it felt good, too good. Her smile revealed pointed canines, her eyes showing something brewing beneath.

"I can smell you beast." he almost spit out the words as he smelled her. Smiling he reached a hand touched one of her fangs, "Ooh sharp. Do you like to file them at night?"

"Mmm, good little nose you got there." The smile remained. Rayne pulled back slightly and gave him an odd look. Why he had touched her teeth was beyond her but the witty remarks just kept coming and she was enjoying it. She ran her tongue over the fangs and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, they're pretty good, useful." His sarcastic question had her chuckle slightly. "No, not really, I just let them do their thing." Standing up she stepped back a little. Balling her fists she felt her knuckles crack. Rayne really wanted to avoid anything unnecessary happening But part of her was ready to lunge forward and fight.

He opened a silver eye and raised his head looking at the woman before him, "It would seem there I ammnot the only supernatural being here." he slowly stood up feeling his heart speed up. He couldn't deny the thrill of fighting her. He had no idea of what she was other than she smelled like an animal, "I would advise that you watch your tongue." he calmly opened his other eye staring at her.

Rayne grinned. "Hmm...I don't see a reason for that." She folded her arms across her chest. "You issued the challenge." She could see his want to fight her. "I'm not gonna fight you...Even though I would love to tear you apart right now..." Her jaw was clenched. So much for not wanting to reveal anything to Aria. "Why are you here? What does she need protecting from?" Her words were slowly growing irritated. She tightened her grip on her arms, holding back all the urges. Fingernails biting into her skin.

"I issued no such challenge. I am merely here on the orders of my contract to protect her and to enter in a contract with her. The one who wanted me to do so already paid his end and her end of the contract so she doesn't have to give up anything. I cannot tell you anymore. However I can tell you that during our useless bickering we have attracted the attention of one of our enemies and he is currently sitting on top of the roof."

"Wait there is someone going to hurt us that close?" Aria bursted out after listening to their exchange. She was confused why her best friend was a fanged beast but such question would be for later. "And how will this contract help?" She continued to ask as she whipped around and looked back and forth between Rayne Tomoya and stopped at the girl. She held a nervous gaze towards the girl and then furrowed her brow a bit in anger "what's going on?"

logan could feel the tension and anger in the room it was intoxicating. the temperature of the room began to raise as his eyes became blood red. His voice boomed when he spoke "there will be no fighting in this house. if you plan to fight take it outside." he looked at tomoya "if you are truly here to protect my sister. then i will give you the benefit of the doubt, but it my sister is harmed in any way. i will hunt you down rip your wings off and drag you to the deepest depths of hell."

He looked at Aria a deep seriousness in his eyes, "Yes they are that close and you need to decide whether to accept me or reject me." he silver eyes turned to Logan, "I will repeat myself. If I wanted to harm her I would have done so already."

logan looked at tomoya. "now if you will excuse me we have some unwanted guests that must be dealt with." he walked outside into the rain that turned to steam immediately.

"I guess you do..." he saw smiled in recognition when he saw the steam roll off of Logan then quietly said to himself, "Another creature. This just got all the more interesting. Turning to face Aria he looks at her with a very serious look, "You need to hurry and make your decision. I don't like to pressure you but we are running out of time."

logan walked around the side of the house where he couldnt be seen. he transformed into a flaming fox with 6 tails. he jumped up onto the roof to meet whatever was waiting for his sister. "who are you and what do you want with my sister." he was down low ready to pounce on the unwanted guest

Reactions: 2 people
The strange man dressed in black turned to regard the six tailed fox. He laughed a little and stared at Logan, "I am merely here to kill her. Simple as that." he turned his entire body so he was facing him, "I am here to fill my contract. So I won't let anyone get in my way..." he crouched low into a defensive position ready to fight.

Inside Tomoya was still looking at Aria, "Please Aria. You need to make you decision so that i can do my job." he silver eyes implored her almost begging.

logan lunged at the visitor. "youll do no such thing to my sister." he missed on the lunge but struck down to the ground with his tail. "now i suggest you leave before i leave nothing but ashes of you"