That Dark and Stormy Night

He cringed then stiffened and opened his mouth in a silent scream of agony as he lay there every muscle tightened his eyes opened with a tear moving down his cheek as black feathered wings slowing unfolded from his back.

Rayne's head shot up at the loud piercing scream. She watched the man. Her arms instinctively tightened around Aria as the girl hid away from the pain the man was in. Glancing up at Logan briefly Rayne was quickly distracted by the scent of Aria entering her nose. Looking back at the man on the floor Rayne's head dropped slightly as she took a deep inhale. Aria's scent engulfing Rayne. The Raven haired woman's eyes shot open as she watched whatever happened to the man. Her eyes again shimmered to that wild feral, amber colour.

Worry came across her features as she held onto Aria even tighter. Was logan witnessing this as well? The feathers that began to protrude from the man's back were slick, shining slightly with blood. That could only mean few things and Rayne had an idea. Although she had never seen an angel before she had heard about them; not in the typical religious way either. There were a couple thoughts running through her mind, why black wings? would she have to fight him...it?
In truth she would rather avoid the second. The last thing she needed after coming back was to be shoved aside again.

"You're safe with me." She whispered in Aria's ear.

logan heard the scream and looked over at the stranger. when he saw the wings he reached behind him and pulled out a m1911 and aimed it at the stranger. "who are you and what are you."

He looked at Logan barely able to breathe still in pain, "I am....named....T-tomoya...I-issei....and I am....a fallen angel." he was clearly in pain, "I was sent to watch over Aria...." he cringed, "I am just...carrying out the terms of my contract..."

When her name was mentioned by the "fallen angel" Aria looked at Tomoya and saw his raven black wings. To some they could have been a sign of his impurity and worth avoiding however she was entranced by the slick feathers. They reminded her of Rayne's long locks of a similar shade and luster. "Watch over me?" She asked confused her eyes wide with fear as she refused to look away from the man again as though fearing not paying attension would lead to him turning into something terrifying. Rayne's words of comfort made her able to quit trembling like a timid mouse but could not completely sooth her racing mind. Why was all this insanity ganging up on her? What had she done?

His pain began to subside so he could talk more clearly, "Yes. There are people out there who care about you and want the best for you..." he grimaced as he was still in agonizing pain.

Rayne watched the scene unfold. Logan's draw was quick, and this Tomoya character, the fallen angel was also quick to respond. Her grip on her friend loosened as Aria turned in her arms. Rayne's ears were focused on the words that were being spoken. She couldn't help being confused in the slightest. "The people that care for her are here." She was still suspicious of this man. A 'divine' being sure. Were fallen angels not fallen for a reason? Were this man's intentions actually to protect her or was he on a mission to regain his status within the divine ones?

Rayne looked to her right, up at Logan. "I would put the gun down Logan. It won't do much against him." Her knowledge of the supernatural was fair, although modern weapons did hurt they weren't much more than a nuisance; typically only angering the creatures more. Rayne clenched her jaw. She looked at the back of Aria's head. "Come on, let's get you inside. If he's here to protect you then he won't hurt you..." If he indeed was here to harm her, well...Rayne would have to deal with the consequences.

He nodded his thanks to the woman as he continued to writhe in pain. He was experiencing spasms and it was very uncomfortable, "Please understand that I have no interest in returning to heaven...besides a fallen angel can never return anyways." Sighing he cringed again, "I was banished for something out of my control anyways."

"Alright..." Aria trusted Rayne since after all she did seem to care for her. She slowly shifted about until she had somehow scrambled to her feet. As soon as Rayne was standing too she grabbed her arm and pulled her towards Logan. She desperately wanted to see her brother but she also want Rayne to stand by her especially if things went wrong. When she reached her brother she looked at the man she wasn't sure if she trusted him but what he said intrigued her. For the longest of time, almost four years to be specific, she had felt rather unloved however at this moment she couldn't help but feel touched that Rayne said she cared for her so much. She also looked at her brother with a soft smile he was still there for her too. The man might try and hurt her but she trusted that those two could help her out.

logan grumbled as he put the gun away. he knew rayne was right if he truly was a fallen angel this wouldnt do much against him. logan looked around to make sure none of the neighbors noticed. "i would suggest we get inside the house before the neighbors see us."

He outstretched a hand, "Could you help me up..." he grimaced, "I happen to be in a lot of pain at the moment."

Rayne's jaw was tightly clenched as they all entered the house. Her eyes were focused on the pained man on the floor. Her senses were open to the surroundings but the angel was her only worry. He asked for help up but Rayne did nothing. She glanced at Logan then to Aria. She really wasn't sure what to do about the situation. The reason she was here was to see Aria, to talk to her, apologize for what happened; perhaps even attempt to explain.

All these things piled up and now she wasn't sure if she would get that chance.

"Please?" he tried as hard as he could to keep his hand up but it fell back down because of his pain.

Aria walked over to the fallen angel laying on the floor and smiled softly. It was rather startling at first but she had slowly began to deal with the fact that this was really happening. She grabbed the man and dragged him to his feet best she could. It was very hard to haul him with his hand slung over her shoulder. Being her size and frailty it was a slow and tedious process but she felt like she was no longer useless. The thought she might be able to actually help in some way was a great pick-me-up soto speak for her since she had taken on the role of victim far too many times.

"Big brother a little help please," she asked sweetly when she relized she wouldn't really have the power to carry the man to the couch like she had planned. It was an unfortunate admit of defeat on her part but she didn't need to be all that physically strong with her brother back. She had really missed him over the years and calling out to him and having a chance of him actually hearing was just too perfect to her.

He smiled at her generosity, "Thank...you..." he managed to get out before he passed into unconciousness.

Seeing Aria ask for help Rayne approached. She was scared of coming into contact with the angel, she didn't know what he was capable of and she didn't know if he would be able to tell what she was.
Once on the couch he passed out. It was unfortunate to see that he wasn't strong enough to go through that change. Rayne simply assumed that his tolerance would be greater. Everyone was indeed different. "Well I guess that's it for him today." She chuckled. Alot had just happened in such a short amount of time, perhaps it would've been better to start fresh tomorrow. "Everything just seemed to come out of nowhere. I'll let you rest and catch up with your brother. I'll stop by tomorrow." Rayne spoke as she locked eyes with Aria.

As he fell onto the couch he woke up again, "Wah.." looking around quickly he saw where he was then calmed down, "Thank you." he got off the couch and kneeled in front of Aria, "I have to perform my contract to the best of my abilities so I must make a contract with you as well." he looked down at the floor, "Aria. Do you accept me, Tomoya Issei as your protector, guide, and fallen one?"

logan had put the gun away and watched the guy kneel in front of his sister. he walked next to rayne. "its been awhile rayne, how have you been"

Aria heard Rayne speak of leaving as she placed Tomoya on the couch making her turn to her as soon as possible and making the angel's way down a bit rough. She looked at her friend mustering up a cute puppy dog face to sway her. "No you don't have to go Rayne," she called out hoping the girl would stay the night. She would love to have a sleepover since she hadn't had one in a long time.

Her query was left unanswered when the man got on his knees like he was proposing to her and told her his name. His request to be accepted by her was a bit out of left field from her perspective however she answered none the less. "Um I guess..." She murmured awkwardly hoping that the reply, though kind of half-hearted, would be enough.

He shook his head lightly, "In order for the contract to be made you have to have a clear mind with a definite answer. Yes or no."