that cafe between dimensions

Iris said,"I use my art to create portals for me. I come here every day. But it's normally as far as I go. Oh! Watch, I can grab my kindle."
She took out a peice of empty paper, Sat there for 5 minutes drawing swirls and curves and shapes. It looked like jumbled nonsense. She put away her pencil, held out her hands and the lines glowed. Slowly, the paper seemed as if it were opening. On the other side was Iris's room, with her kindle charging on her desk. She reached in, took the charger off and pulled the kindle from the portal. She quickly took a sticky note that looked like "close" in scrunched up letters. And the portal did just that. Iris turned her kindle on and played "rolling girl" on her speakers at full blast.

Calvariae licked his lips, his tongue was long, pointed, and charcoal black. "Mmm, pasta." He turned his attention back to the two dimension hoppers, who claimed to be well versed in it, "You're professional? Who pays you? What do you do?" He'd heard of people getting paid to travel dimensions for various reason, but most of them were mercenaries, and these two didn't look like they fit that bill. He glanced at the map, interested in what it was a map of.

When Iris showed her power he watched her politely, possibly predatorily. "That is something I haven't seen before." He smiled, "Going farther from home, for those inexperienced, is dangerous. There are predators lurking between dimensions," another smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toby looked cautiously towards the man near them "You're not referring to yourself are you?" He shuddered at the thought of having to face this guy if a fight broke out. Ticci Toby watched Calvariae for a moment before looking at Jeff.

Jeff frowned
"Everyone gives me that reaction when I say Pasta!" Jeff reached into his hoodie gripping the knife hidden in his pocket, Toby grabbed Jeff by the arm he wasn't sure if Jeff was being stupid or was truly wanting to take this guy own.

Calvariae shrugged in response to Toby, "Among others." He turned back to Jeff, "Pasta is delicious, that's probably why. Have you ever tasted the Operator? Noodly little fella, no face?" He didn't wait for a reply, it was rhetorical. "I like my pasta al dante," he chuckled.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a malicious growl Jeff got to his feet "Wha'cha call me!?" Jeff removed the knife causing Toby to grab his friends arm "He w-w-was talkin' about the noodles you kn-kn-know al dente...the kind that is plain...." Toby said with a slight jerk of his head.

Jeff shook the pale boy off and growls his eyes flashed anger
"I don't care Ticci, he's dead!"

'No one calls me no face and gets to live!'

Throwing cautious to the wind Jeff approaches Calvariae.

"Knock it off!" Iris yelled, throwing a wad of paper in the direction Jeff was heading. Iris held out her hand flat until the paper was in front of him, then closed her fist. The paper exploded, sending everything within a few feet flying but otherwise unharmed. If Jeff wasn't close enough, it still would've startled him.
"Tch. There goes one of my last bomb portals." She said, not even bothering to watch after the explosion. The paper disintegrated mid-air as she said that.

Calvariae laughed, enjoying the spectacle these mortals were putting on. "I wasn't talking about you sleepy-boy, I was talking about the thin man." He gestures to the circle with an x through it, but mid gesture his arm partly vanishes. "Oh looks like I'm ready to go back." He stands up, putting the coffee on the table. Bowing to Iris, he says, "It was a pleasure meeting all of you, but I must leave. I may be back." He suddenly vanishes.

As the 'spectacle' grew more violent Celtic's branches started to turn black and gnarled. Once the spiderman left however, they went back to normal. "I did not like that man very much."

"I don't think any of us did." Said Iris, back to drawing another anime character, her hair draped over the paper. This character seemed like an angry tsudere. Lydia came up and chirped in iris's ear, and iris put her hand on lydia's tiny face and pushed her back.

Jeff jumped back startled he wasn't expecting the bomb. He felt humiliated not realizing the other was talking about Slender.

"Oh...that...that makes sense. I didn't know he meant Slenderman."

Toby frowns he looks at Iris and the others. His gaze returns to Jeff and he knew Jeff wasn't the best with nicknames. He remembers a time the killer killed someone over a misunderstanding with the term Snow White. "I think we should leave too...I d-d-don't want someone to die over a misunderstanding." Despite Toby's story and what is known about the Proxy he hates unnecessary violence. He tugs the black haired boy to the side and he smiles at Lydia and Iris "You guys might get lucky and see our friends."

He turns to Flint and Celtic "Sorry for my friends outburst...but I have to warn you guys if met a tall faceless man I will always be close behind."

Toby removes his gloves and bites his thumb with enough force to draw blood he squats and draws the symbol on the floor for Slender and he and Jeff steps onto it. Toby waves goodbye with Jeff wearing his hoodie and arms crossed sulking at his side.

The killers envelope in a plume of blacks static and smoke before vanishing.

Iris waved, sighed , then went back to drawing, disappointed. Lydia came up to nuzzle iris, and this time iris let her. That was the most event filled visits since her first day in the cafe. Now, she was in the room with the professional dimension travelers. Though her story had many layers to it, she never stated it unless asked, so now, she had nothing to say.

Angie was just a normal human, or at least that was what she thought but her parents were a bit odd. The girl was only 16. Her parents looked like the same age since she was little. They also seemed to be up at night more. They lived in a run down apartment building and her parents told her not to talk to people that much. She had brown wavy hair and red eyes. She had a few curves since she was going through puberty. She wore a pair of thigh highs. A pair of jean shorts and a long sleeve shirt that hung off her shoulder. Also a pair of combat boots and her cross Bag. She was walking and it was a bit late. She thought she hears voices and she gasped and tensed up. They kept whispering and she began to run to her house. She suddenly screamed as a black hole opened up on the side walk and she fell in. She closed her eyes tightly as she fell onto the floor. Groaning slightly as she winced and looked around. "where am I?" She said softly.
wp_ss_20150204_0008.png

It'd been about an hour since Jeff, Toby, and calvariae left, and many crumpled failed attempts of paper were strewn across the table, and Lydia got in the habit of putting them into a pile and sitting on them. Anyone had landed a few feet away from her table.
"Well, this is the crossover cafe." Said iris, distraught. She had gotten up at one point and gotten herself a red velvet cake and a chocolate chip cappuccino. Lydia had gotten off of her throne and was now inspecting the newcomer

Angie looked around nervously. Since she was in somewhere she didn't know. She still da on the floor in shock. Looking to Lydia. "umm.." She said softly. Slowly standing and dusting herself off. Her hair a bit of a mess and her red eyes looked like cat eyes for a moment before quickly switching back. "a...cafe?" She said a bit confuses as she looked around.

"Aeyup" iris said, not even bothering to look up. She was still trying to perfect her tsudere character. "If you need any food, ask Lydia, the cat. She'll run to the back and get it."
Angrily, iris tore out the paper she was working on, crumpled it, and threw it across the room. It wasn't bad, the one ponytail just couldn't match the other.

She looked a bit confused and tilted her head to the side. "the cat?" She said softly. She loved cats. She kneeled down and smiled at the cat. Gently rubbing a spot where cats were fond of. "um do you know how I got here?" She asked softly.

Lydia purred as Angie petted her. When she asked the question, she pushed off from being petted and stood back. Lydia closed her eyes, then opened them and a green-blue light shine from them. Like a hologram, a square of light suspended mid-air, and as if it was a computer, symbols were being typed in, as if trying to communicate.
Iris sighed. "I don't think she can read your alien language." Lydia's concentration broke and the light vanished. She looked annoyed at iris, then buffed up her chest, and then rubbed on Angie.
"You fell through your dimension and landed here, in the cafe between the dimensions, or better yet known as the crossover cafe. I don't know the complications on specifically HOW you got here, but something tells me you didn't come willingly."

The two dimensional travelers had been looking at the map, whispering to each other in a strange language. They were trying to figure out how to get back to base without other travelers noticing. Celtic noticed the sound of paper being ripped as well as the sound of it being crumpled and thrown. He was about to say something when the girl popped in. Flint looked up from the map briefly to examine her then looked back down. Celtic smiled and waved in at her general area and passively noticed that the cat could talk.

She looked a bit surprised as she saw the hologram. "oh my...umm.." She didn't understand the symbols, she grew up in the human world. She tilted her head to the side and looked to the girl that was writing. "I guess so as well" she smiled and Lydia rubbed against her. She giggled and petted her a bit more before slowly standing. "why would it randomly drop me in here" she said softly to herself. She noticed someone waving. She looked at them curiously and smiled awkwardly as she waved as well. "do you know how to get to the human world?" She asked the girl that was writing. Slowly sitting down. Glancing to the two people once again.

"Well, I dunno, and I'm not 100% sure. We're you performing magic or something? And I could possibly return you to your world... What day is it in your world? If we are in the same world, it will be the exact same time as mine. I have a portal to Mine. Otherwise, I need to study to find the correct Pattern to place." Iris said. She thought the other travelers were acting odd, but really didn't care what they did as long as it was of no concern to her.