Text Talk

I HATE TEXT TYPING.
I only "text type" when purposely making a joke.
I'll use some of the cute faces, because it's important to me that people understand my "tone" when typing and those faces are helpful.
Otherwise...

KILL IT WITH FIRE, DAMMIT. Even my texts are full sentences, often paragraphs. It's a bad influence, ruining the world, etc.

Text talk is both hard to read and to type in, in my opinion. I hate receiving texts from people where every word is abbreviated and incomprehensible. The only words I ever use text talk in is, "cuz" and "LOL." The reason I use "cuz" is because in Louisiana must of us tend to say, "Cuz" instead of "because", so for me it's more of a habit while both typing and speaking, since I've been around it most of my life. "LOL" I only use when I think something is really funny what someone sent me and I feel as if "XD" wont get the point across clearly. Although, generally I read "LOL" as "Lulll" instead of, "laugh out loud." Besides, isn't that how our brains are suppose to function? To read things as what they appear to look like? Every time I see someone put "2" or "4" in text, I always see the number pop up into my head and then see four things that they could be talking about before I really look at what they're trying to say.

One thing that truly annoys me though, is that Text Talk is starting to enter companies, tv shows, media, billboards, posters, etc. I've seen so many signs on the highway that use Text Talk. I've even notice where huge companies are starting to advertise in Text Talk. It's ridiculous. Not only that, but it is also making people begin to spell wrong, because our brains start to think that something is actually spelled that way when it sees a word spelled that way over and over again. One day, I think that the English language is going to dramatically change, in which I will not want to live on this planet anymore. >:/ Or at least speak the language anymore. >.>

There's a certain art to text lingo, and everyone has their own taste to it. I personally really dislike the whole craze and feel like it's making people (especially teens) have poor English and grammar skills as a result. However, I do admire those who can actually keep track of all of phrases made from acronyms. Some easier than others, such as LOL, and G2G, etc.