1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Text Adventures (Zork, Hitchhikers guide, Lost Pig, etc.)

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by guygombaa, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I have this thing called Frotz on my IPad that lets me play some sweet text adventures, (although I don't know how to download new stories).

At the moment I really enjoy Lost Pig, in which you play as an orc, Grunk, and must find pig or boss fire Grunk. It involves a really smart gnome and an even smarter pig. It's pretty funny, typing in >Think< gets the response:
    Ow. Grunk head hurt.

And I just finished Child's Play, where you are a baby who must get your favourite toy before the evil Zoe.
    The baby thinks in an evil genius, scheming sort of way, and despite being a baby is very aware of the world. Interacting with other babies is fun, and, like Lost Pig, you can get some funny responses.

I am now trying Heroes, in which you play as a Dragon, Adventurer, Enchanter, Royalty AND Thief. It's awesome.

Colours is also good.

So, yeah. Talk about your favs and stuff.x

• Thank Thank x 1
  2. I remember playing Zork as a wee lad, once upon a time.

I still have the floppies around here somewhere for them.

3. I managed to get into the basement.

I was an adventurer like you once, but then I took a grue to the knee.

4. I don't want this topic to be eaten by a grue.

This is weird. I was JUST thinking about Zork the other day.

5. Hitchhiker's Guide is hilariously frustrating, but I used to play the old Lord of the Rings text adventures on the old Apple IIs in my middle school. Fun times.

6. Ironically, I own a Commodore 64, and own Zork 1, 2, and 3, in addition to a few other games.

Got a fair chunk through Zork before I just got stumped.

Also got painfully annoyed by the fact that the cables that I got for the Commodore won't display color, but that's a small detail.

7. The very best text adventure is Pick Up the Phonebooth and Die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.