Texas schools board rewrites US history

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Orochi, May 19, 2010.

1. more here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/16/texas-schools-rewrites-us-history

This is why I will never set foot on that state. Except maybe Dallas.

2. Well, sucks to be at school there really, doesn't it?

I guess it does rock to live in a country populated by apathetic fucks sometimes.

3. Better than talking about Che.

4. IF THAT WHORE TOUCHES HISTORY. I WILL KILL HER IN MY MIND ON P[RINCPLE.

AND WISH THAT I COULD DO IT FOR REAL.

THIS IS HOW FACISM STARTS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. FIRST THEY TAKE YOUR PAST, THEN YOUR PRESENT AND FINALLY YOUR FUTURE.

FIGHT THAT BITCH.

5. [video=youtube;FgQgzKVX9jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgQgzKVX9jc[/video]

RAGE WITH ME BROTHERS!!!!

6. Lulz, little does she know but she's following the same exact route that people like Osama bin Laden follow. Slapping her own interpretation of religion on politics, claiming her way is the right way and educating people through her own belief system. Religious fundamentalism is a very new concept bitch, only coming out in the past 100 years as a reaction against modern society. So have fun living in your caves and being labeled as extremists. You have no place amongst religion because you fail to live up to the basic understanding of all the followers of the Abrahamic God.

P.S. Who'd bet she'd be offended if I told her, Jesus was Jewish? :cow:

7. I must detox from the rage now!

Can we give Texas back to Mexico, or would that be unkind to our southern neighbors?

8. I just. . .I can't even. . . THERE IS NO EMOTICON FOR WHAT I AM FEELING RIGHT NOW.

9. Ocha, I believe it would. We want to improve their shitty economy, not fill their country with wacky bozo's

10. How about we just make Texas, its own nation again?

11. And people wonder why I hate myself for being born in Texas. Religion destroys yet another thing.

12. Religion is bullshit, and it's bad for you.

13. Don't blame the entire state, gais.

Feel free to assassinate people like her though.

14. Oh oro...plans are in motion...once I'm sober.

15. I say it's more of radical dumb ass destroys yet another thing.

16. I'm with Daiki/ Rory on this one.

Extremists in religion or anything else are what cause situations like these to happen across the world. All the people really need to hope for is that someone with some damn sense get political pull in Texas.

17. No.

NO.

Do note though that these reforms have already been passed; still, I'll be out of highschool before the textbooks show up, and kids in AP classes or those with more liberal teachers will get a rather different story.

18. I couldn't bear to read through the whole thing just for its injustice to what America originally stands for. In addition this person is saying that they will not give their children the right to persue other knowledges and other teachings. Honestly if you want your kid to grow up the way you want then teach them yourself...but come on think about what trauma your causing on your child when you infect the public schools.

The child will end up growing up hated by their piers because their parents are idiots (Think South Park the Movie and Kyle's Mom). All I can say is you have to be a pretty terrible person to take away the youth's right to think for themselves.

19. [​IMG]

Can I curb stomp you with my size 10-1/2 GI boot 'till the cows come home?

Fookin' Prawn Jew...

Next thing you're going to do is say Jesus was not only a Jew but also a zombie.

Any who, thank Christ I graduated in 2003. Hell, even in the failed experiment that was community college I still got a good historical lesson from both my AP US History professor and my Texas Government professor, who I might add ran for City Council and is hated by the DA whenever he gets called for jury duty.

Also, leave the extremism to the professionals.

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n9gqRHr8mQY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

I stress the word 'professionals...'

20. *Cries with shame*