Testing the Group RP Waters (Multiple Ideas)

Which idea are you interested in?

• Total voters

ScarletNova

Otaku Mode Activated
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
Online Availability
11:00pm to 2:00am weekdays 11:00pm to 4:00am weekends
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Adept
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, magic, adventure, comedy, anime, slice of life, high school, fandom, romance, but I am always open to many others.
Hello my fellow roleplayers. I made a sudden realization recently that it's been a few years since I've made a new group rp. Now, that's not because I haven't wanted to, it's because I've had a few ideas and just haven't decided which ideas I really wanted to do. I keep jumping back and forth between ideas. So, I've finally decided what to do. I'm going to see which idea might be more interesting to any of you.

All my current ideas aren't necessarily extremely serious. I'm more into adding comedy, slice-of-life, and romance into my rps, but sometimes do like to sprinkle in some slight serious plots to them, as you'll see as I briefly explain each idea (As long as I get my romance in, I'm happy). I tend to imagine them as anime, so anime physics and the like usually apply to all my rps (adding in case you're a no-anime kind of person).

This thread is also to further discuss any ideas that get chosen.

Now, on to the group rp ideas:

1. The Bard's Song

Inspired by one of my most favorite band's song, I'd like to do a fantasy, adventure, slice-of-life, comedy, romance, action rp. Yes, all those genres. A grand fantasy rp telling the bards' stories. Everyone always knows the stories of the adventurers, but the bards are never part of those stories. It's time to tell the Bard's song now. We'll play mostly as bards (adventurers and others are welcome too though), and just rp a fantasy story mixed with action, adventure, comedy, romance, slice-of-life. I don't intend for there to be any serious major underlying plot though, but some action mixed in during their travels and adventures.

2. The Human Equation

: the factor of human strength or weakness that needs to be considered in predicting the outcome of any social, political, economic, or mechanical process operated by human agency
: The component of a situation, etc., which arises from or relates to human influence or behavior.

Set in the future. There's an advanced city full of rich, powerful, and plentiful and has giant walls surrounding it, separating the city from 'the wastelands'. The wastelands are apocalyptic-like, and are supposed to have dangerous monsters roaming them. There's people who live in the wastelands but they can't really be seen from the city, and are considered 'undesirable' compared to the city dwealers. The groups can't mix and shouldn't mix, but people are people, hence 'the human equation'. Perhaps some city dwealers are curious about the wastelands. Perhaps there's 'undesirables' interested in the city for whatever reasons. Romeo and Juliet style stuff. Etc. But I also wouldn't mind adding a little bit of serious stuff like something more sinister to this divide between the city and the wastelands, and the wastelands itself.

3. Misfit Island

This idea is mainly just troublemakers being sent to an island. I haven't figured out the full details yet concerning this one. I keep debating if it should just be 'troublemakers' or actual criminals. That might depend on what any of you are interested in doing or the type of characters you'd want to play with. Again, I'm a major comedy, slice-of-life, romance fan so it'll still be more along those lines, but we can play with some other stuff depending on what you all might be interested in.

4. Have Lives Too! Series

Most of you probably aren't familiar, but maybe someone who checks out this thread might be a role-player I've written with before, but I've done a few rps that center on the concept of slice-of-lifing groups that are normally seen as serious. I have one of my old ones of these ideas in my fifth option, but I've been interested in doing a new one for the Mafia or Yakuza whichever style we want to go for. Example: Mafia Member Have Lives Too! or Yakuza Members Have Lives Too!

5. Reboot

So, I have a few older rps that I've made in the past that eventually died before I could get my full fix of them. I've rebooted some of my old rps before and it's turned out pretty well. (Shout out to my lovers club friends!) So, there's a few that I wouldn't mind trying to do again. I'll link the old threads for any of you to check out if you're curious. I'm not sure if some of them will get any interest anyway since they are a little specific in their needs to work as a rp, but we'll see. There's no harm in adding them to the list and seeing what happens.

I'll also add the Interest Check for this last one because I remembered the ooc is in the Star stuff and some of you probably can't access that. A reboot does not need to be mature. It was to add more comedy, but the comedy can be more wholesome to fit the general audience.

Last edited:
I like the bards idea.

Reactions: ScarletNova
I'm always up for a gods/goddesses reboot

However my interest currently leans towards the gang ones. They're cute.

Or even the reverse harem one. I'm indecisive but if you're the gm, it doesn't matter what people want, I'm in.

I can also see some of these working as 1×1s. If you're looking for any of those I'm open to that as well.

For the non reboots, I like 3 and 4 the best. Bards song also sounds like it could be extra fun!

I can also see some of these working as 1×1s. If you're looking for any of those I'm open to that as well.
We'll see what some others might say about the ideas, but I'll keep this in mind if I want to do one that doesn't get a lot of attention.

Reactions: Monbon