TESTING: Roleplay Resume stuff under avatars!

the showing of playing style might be better appreciated of it comes from other people. for example the like, love icon system when a person writes in a manner you like but you feel they are aggressive you click the appropriate icon and that will show on their resume.

Oh yeah activeness is a good idea. Some people require people to be online a lot which might not be possible for some people so it'd be good if it were easy to see how often they're online.

• Open to invites
  • Favourite genres
  • Playing style

For safety purposes I think It should be Listed what type of mature a person is allowed to do, since teens Lie about their age and try to Pm with you , I think it should say right under their name what type of mature their allowed to do, to avoid fights and such between users, and for adult safety.

I think the no-go's section ought to be clarified. I used to think that it was to describe things that one does not like the other to play or cannot tolerate seeing people play. But I have seen people use it to say that they will not play a certain type of character. So i am slightly confused what is to be written there.

Many of these are very good suggestions and we already a few of them down to be implemented!

Lets keep these coming. O__O

I would really like to have a nickname field added and displayed. Just something where the person can write what you should refer to them as when talking to them as. This would stop you having to constantly ask people you've just met what you should call them, something which is starting to annoy me.

Reactions: Hisoka Kobayashi
Something that I think would be nice to add to the resume that's not there right now is if you are more of a plot based role player or a character based role player. I think that's important because I know some people like to create the characters based around the plot and others, like myself, have the characters and would throw that character in to 100 different roleplays if they could.

Reactions: Hisoka Kobayashi
I've seen frequent "Display of age" comments here. Whether a person displays his or her age online is that person's choice. Otherwise, why have the option to keep it anonymous at all? The solution to this, in the place where it says what roleplays you accept invites to, if you accept invites to Libertine Role plays, it should say either Libertine [A] or Libertine [T] so we know where you rp and avoid jail bait situations.

As for having a light indicator for activity level, your activity on Iwaku corresponds to your playing habits. How active you are and whatnot. That's already in the role play resume. Why over-complicate things? It sounds more like an easier way to stalk role players.

That little green/red dot that serves as Online/Offline indicator? Yeah, no likey. I can't see it. Too small. I like the way it was.

@Melia If I may, why does it matter whether one is a character-based or plot-based role player? Either way, all participants have characters. The amount and content of plot is up to the participants to agree on. It doesn't really make a difference, does it?

I'm going go off on a limb here and maybe suggest maybe a "fandom" section where the person can just list what fandoms they're into. Avengers, Lord of The Rings, Star Trek, etc.

Maybe even put a fandom shipping section so the person can list which fanfiction couples they like.

I'm also gonna say maybe put how old the person is above the description of where it begins the mature section of the role play and maybe even have a feature where it's taken out for those under the edge of eighteen.

I think the scene sample of the role play resume is kind of overrated, I personally never look at it and I just typically see how the person role plays when I myself begin to role play with them.

Maybe put a role play level selection so the person can say they're a beginner, advanced beginner, expert, etc.

Also I use faceclaims, meaning if I'm role playing I'll use a picture of Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Lee Pace, etc and any of their characters. So maybe there can be a faceclaim section of the role play resume? Just a thought.

I think that's all I have for now, the limb didn't break. So I'll be climbing to safety now. Lol.

I want a "Things I won't do" section.

@AkikoYukito It can actually make a huge difference. Plot-based role-players are more likely to add to the story. Their focus will be on writing a good story together with a beginning, middle, and end. Character-based playing is more like playing a game. Each person focuses on their own character and the events surrounding them, leaving the GM to create the plot around them. Personally, I think both groups are useful for an RP; the former will keep things moving, the latter will force more character interaction and growth.

i would suggest a ranking system based upon how many posts that person has posted. the best placement for it is underneath your username. so when you see a post that someone has made etc., you and everybody else can see that person's rank and everyone elses including your own. also , put in a money system and with that they can use that for customizing their own rank levels, customizing what kind of member they are (instead of being called an "iwaku member" or "Admin", they customized it to "swaggerman" or something like that. ) etc.

The 'Roleplay Wishlist' section would be good for the stuff under avatars.

Also, could that section in the preferences be moved out of the mature section? I mean, if someone doesn't wish to do mature RP, and they've selected no there, I don't think it comes up in the initial section. Just a thought.

I just saw then yesterday xD. For me that is an super awesome Idea ^^

It's a very good improvement. I am happy with that button!;)

I don't think the RL age of the person should be visible if they don't want it to be.
I do think it's important to have "Below 18" or "18 and above" though

I agree.If someone decides to hide their age something should automatically show up on their profile that says "Below 18" or "18+" or even better just "Teen or "Adult" That way people can keep their age private but everyone will at least know their age range.We have every right to at least know what age range they're in.That way no adults get deceived into doing mature role play in pms or in a group with any teenagers.

That's at the top of my list.Next would be the kind of role plays someone is into along with what they will do and what they won't do.Last if they post short posts (Less than half a paragraph or half a paragraph),medium posts (a paragraph or little over that) or long posts (multiple paragraphs or a long text scroll.).I say scroll because that writing style makes me feel like I'm reading a scroll.I like reading that style a paragraph style.That would be great along with the rest of the current info.

I absolutely LOVE the new feature! A neat little drop down feature is AWESOME. For stalkers people like me whom like to read resumes this is a very nifty feature, seeing as now I don't have to bring the page up in another window. I think the only down side I see if for people who put a lot of wording into their resumes. Reading all that little print would be a strain but this is a user thing, not a Iwaku thing. (I've already worked on shortening my resume just to keep it easy to read. :D )

I don't think age should be in it. Some people like their age private (as thats a preference) so perhaps what libertine section they belong in?
I really like this idea!

I think it would be helpful to insert a part where it asked if there are roles that you typecast yourself as. Like if someone is always (not literally, but you know what I mean) playing a mother, they could put that in the box, etc. And if there's not or they're open to any roles, or usually play certain characters but are open to play any character (like me), they could put that too.

Hope I helped! :)