FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Online Availability
My timezone is EST, and I'm most active between 12pm to 12am!
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Slice of Life, Romance, Modern, and Comedy. MxM and Furry are nice too.
Don't post in this thread, please! It's for practicing and for a reference for myself~

Testing be going on all day...........................................................................................................................................

Testing
This is slide number one!
And this is number two?
What about a fourth? Can we do four?
Yay! We can!

[fieldbox="Title, red, solid"]I'm Red![/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Title, blue, dotted"]I'm Blue![/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Title, goldenrod, dashed, 10"]I'm Goldenrod![/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Title, hotpink, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]I'm Hot Pink! And different![/fieldbox]

Round and round the record spins all day.
Listen again, it takes you far away.
Trying to stop it is futile
So just listen now to my musical doodle!
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Listen again to the musical doodle!
Doo-doo-doo-doo.
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo
doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo!
Trying to stop it is futile.
Think you control it, but it's way too hard
doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo
you're gonna listen again to the musical doodle
Every time it plays, it's an electric charge.
The sound in your head is brutal...
Now you're infected by the musical doodle!
The song that you ran from is back again!
You wonder if the madness will ever end.
So just listen now to my musical doodle.
Nee-nee-nee-nee-nee-nee-nee-nee-nee-nee
You gotta listen again to the musical doodle!
doo-doo-doo-doo-doo musical doodle!

Doo-doo-doo-doo.

Doo-doo-doo-doo.

[warning=red]That last one is super long!!! AHHHHHHHHH![/warning]

Last edited:

[fieldbox="Ame, teal, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
[fieldbox="Character Sheet, teal, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]

full

teal Information here
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Sample Post, teal, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]

At the ripe age of fifteen, this was the time and place for a boy to become a man. He would be expected to do everything that his father could do, and should be a mirror-like reflection of their father. Like father, like son. In some cultures, this was the time that the male would take over their father's responsibilities. It was a very hardcore version of following a legacy, but one that is still being written. It is still followed today, but at an older age. Every fifteen year old boy has exceptions, as do female fifteen year olds. It was how society was, and there is no way to change a social norm such as this deep rooted one.

This was how Ame felt, a fifteen year old boy, who felt that he had a lot of expectations; too many to be exact. He didn't want to be like his father, and he didn't want to be like his grandfather, his uncle, or any other male in his family. He wanted to blaze a new trail rather than following in someone's footsteps. The way that he would approach this undertaking was to manipulate those around him into doing what he wanted. Generally it would be a favor for the cute boy that was their neighbor, even the classmate that you never spoke to until he asked you for a favor. It wasn't that he wanted to take from people, rather he saw that he could exploit how kind some people can be towards someone of his looks and stature.

Now he sat, atop of his bed. His slender legs curled up behind his rump to keep him comfortable as he looked at the textbook that was beside his notebook. Instead, he had several small notes of hiragana and kanji, even a bit of katakana, scrawled randomly on the sheets of notebook paper. Why was that there? Well, that was an easy question. He might be Japanese, but he couldn't speak or write it very well. At least, his parents couldn't. He came from a line of family members who moved to the states a very long time ago, and they ended up letting English take over. The reason most likely was so that they could focus on English, but the last ones to actually be able to fluently speak the language was his great grandparents, who were long dead. It was just how great grandparents were, but that didn't mean that Ame was not going to not find out how to write and learn his family's forgotten language. Yes, that meant that the reason that he was reading a test book was for the pure reason of him studying Japanese. It was rather sad that a Japanese-American was having to learn Japanese, since English was their first language.

The reason for his interest was because his grandfather had brought him into the attic once, and the two of them moved dusty, memory-filled objects around the attic until they stumbled upon a small trunk full of diary. They were from their ancestors. They dated back from when they were his age—which was ten at that time of them finding the journals—which meant that they were extremely old. Ame thought that it would be wonderful to be able to read them—even translate the text so that he could share it with the rest of his family, and maybe even the world. He had a soft spot for history, or at least for Asian history. It most likely was because he was Japanese, but was Americanized, so the only history that he really learned in school was about his continent, rather than Asia. Even if it was not just North America, it would be about China. Never Japan. Japanese people were very strange after all. It obviously wasn't for that sole reason, but it might as well have been!

As he studied his text book, he softly recited the sounds that each character would make, as well as what each word would sound like. He was lucky he could do the accent—or at least he could do a very faint one, one that was helpful to allow him to get a better grasp at saying his R's, which required the speaker to roll the R's as well as click the roof of their mouth at the same time. (I don't know how Japanese people can do that! It's so fucking hard to do!)
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="OoC Note, teal, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
teal Information here
[/fieldbox]
[/fieldbox]​

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Haruki, yellow, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]

[fieldbox="Basic Info, yellow, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]

full

yellow Information here

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Sample Post, yellow, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]

Slowly, a matte gray convertible approached the large sand and gray colored family house that belonged to the driver's family. The house sat on top of a hill which was roughly five minutes away from the nearest street that had traffic. It was in the outskirts of the city, and the closest house was a good acre away from their property line. The house must have been a fortune on it's own, but luckily it was passed down from when their family first moved into the states. The house was custom built by their great grandparents and their great granduncles and great grandaunts. The house stood three stories proudly, and held three wings. The floor plan was rather basic, and has changed throughout the years, but otherwise had been typical for a family house. Despite the house's vast size, the interior was rather cozy. On first impression, one would think that it was the home of a family who was very well off, but in reality it was home to a family with a will.

Pulling into the long, semi-narrow driveway, Haruki drove slowly towards the top of the hill. As he drove up, he could see the gray roof, and the equally as gray shutters on the sides of the windows. He personally loved the house, and all it's quirkiness. He grew up here, and he loved everything about the place. He loved the gardens. He loved the large lawn that the house sat in the middle of. He loved the garage, and how there was a loft set up above where the cars would go. He loved how deceiving his childhood home was compared to inside. If the exterior told the truth, the it would have looked like any other house. But instead, the house looked grand and fancy, while the interior was simple, cozy, and homely. It made him long for wanting to go back home, and be able to lounge where ever he wanted to.

The layout was simple, and held public rooms on the first floor, and private rooms on the second floor. Several rooms lived inside of this house. Some including: Two living rooms, two kitchens, several bathrooms tucked in different corners and areas of the house, as well as a grand dining room for guests. It was normally where the very little ones would go to play, since guests were something that was more common in the last generation. Now, the little ankle bitters could play without fear of their parent's co-workers or investors coming to have special business over dinner. There was now another dinning room of a much smaller scale, and it was used for all meals other than breakfast, which normally would be eaten inside of smaller kitchen by the grandparents since the rest of the family was too busy.

The second floor was much more private, and was home to the grandparents' rooms, as well as a nursery and rooms for small children. This floor also was home to a recreation room that—the game table being something of notice, since it doubled as a pool table and a table for sevreal board games that kept the family together by a bit of family friendly entertainment. The interesting part about this floor was mainly the fact that each room—other than a few of the on-suite bathrooms—had a balcony attached to them. Either a private one—for the grandparents' bedrooms—or a shared one—which was shared among the kid's bedrooms and the rec room.

The last and final room was reserved for the older kids, as well as the adults. The guest bedrooms were also placed up here, as well as the storage closet that would be connected to the attic. The higher one would go, the less rooms and space would be in each area. This was mainly because of additions and roofing. Either way, Haruki didn't really care about this. He loved how most of the house didn't look the same, so each room looks a different than the next depending on which rooms you would compare.

Finally, his car came to a halt and he turned off the ignition. He put the key instead of his front pocket, and let out a soft sigh as he closed his eyes. He would slowly reopen them as he looked into the rear view mirror and weakly smiled at himself. "Home sweet home," he let out. He was trying to be as positive as he could as he left his car. "Now, let's just hope that grandma doesn't try to choke me with her cooking..." He would slowly walk towards the backseat of his car, and heaved out a large suitcase that seemed too heavy for himself. After he panted for a few moments, he would press a button on his car door and closed the top cover of his car so that nothing could sneak into his car and leave him a nice little present when he went to go back into his car—it had happened to him before. He wheeled his suitcase over to the back of his car and popped open his trunk before he would pull out the backpack that he had left inside. He slid the straps over his shoulders, regrabbed the handle to his suitcase, and closed the trunk. Now, he walked for the large house's pathway, ready to enter his childhood home.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="OoC Note, yellow, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]

yellow Information here

[/fieldbox]

[/fieldbox]​

Last edited: