Test your Vocabulary

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was fun!

I got
30,000 words.

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
I'm totally fine with that. Especially since they estimate that foreigners get around 2,900-9000. xD

Couldn't figure out how to link it but I got 41,200.

• Love

Which sorta makes me feel bad now. I mean, I know I'm not a native speaker, but I'd at least expected to score the minimum for that.

• Love
35,000 words!

Oh God! That was unexpected, lol xD.

I can live with this number ^^

10,800 words.

Oh. Kay.
Looks like I should start reading and writing a bit more to expand my vocabulary. But I guess this is alright... for now.

It's not the size, it's what you do with it!

• Love
I got 12,800 words. I'll get more, but I'm satisfied(being a foreigner) =)

• Love

• Love
It's not bad, I mean, considering I failed English. Besides, words like legerdemain aren't used on a daily basis... Not where I live, anyway.

Wait, I tried again. I got 21, 100. Since I know what him means.

Last edited:
  • Love
37,300 words

I think Gorilla Toad beat me and PureKor is RIGHT behind me.

Honestly, given the sheer amount of terminology in medicine and chemistry, I daresay its likely double that. They just aren't words you'd ever use IRL outside of a hospital.

37,300 words

I think Gorilla Toad beat me and PureKor is RIGHT behind me.

Honestly, given the sheer amount of terminology in medicine and chemistry, I daresay its likely double that. They just aren't words you'd ever use IRL outside of a hospital.

I found this in part two; there were lots of words I didn't know, but vocabulary can be subjective. A medical worker knows lots of words that a tradesman maybe doesn't, but the reverse is true, too.

37,900 words. WOW. I thought I was a bit empty headed at times XD.

I can live with this. Though I think some of those words were just made up...... They have to be.

• Love
A medical worker knows lots of words that a tradesman maybe doesn't, but the reverse is true, too.

I find this to be true as not a lot of people know what viscus means. It is an old medical term often referring to a major organ.

EXAMPLE:

The doctor removed the man's heart, and placed the viscus organ in the nurse's hands.

I found this in part two; there were lots of words I didn't know, but vocabulary can be subjective. A medical worker knows lots of words that a tradesman maybe doesn't, but the reverse is true, too.

true dat

Status
Not open for further replies.