INTEREST CHECK TES V: Skyrim RP Interest Check/Plotting

H

Hedonist Redd

Original poster
Alright, I know that there has been an attempt before, but Fantasy Month is coming up, and I'd like to try my hand at GM an RP for once, and The Elder Scrolls and Skyrim is something I know well enough to be a GM for (at least I think so.).
HOWEVER, I'm not at the point of taking character sheets or anything at this time, because of one issue: plot. Of course, plot in a massive, open-ended RPG will be difficult, especially turning it into RP format. That's why I'm making an interest check FIRST, and let YOU guys give me feedback on what kind of plot we should map for this glorious escapade into Tamriel.

The basic outline I have is that this RP will take place only 10 years after the events of the Dragonborn fulfilling his destiny and defeating Alduin, as well as after the Civil War between the Stormcloaks and the Empire. Seeing as how there's been no released canonical ending to Skyrim, we have to decide whether the Stormcloaks or the Empire won, if our plot even concerns that.

I'm open to any plot ideas, any factions you think should be involved, any bad guys (maybe a Daedric Lord?) you think should be trying to beat our asses. PM's are more than welcome as well, if you'd like to trade plot ideas in private. Or, if you'd like to just drop your name that you're interested, I'll let you know when the OOC goes up!

I am interested!!! Skyrim was an awesome game!! I haven't any sort of ideas, but perhaps the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild are getting into a tizzy over something, which could become a full-scale war with the people of Skyrim in the middle? I don't know, I'm just throwing in ideas.