Terrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Esnopen

Original poster
Oh my, I haven't posted here in a while... here goes.

~The World~
The steam-(or cyber-)punk world of Terrus. A world 100% dominated by city and modernization. There's nothing natural left, only buildings and roads, business centers and residential neighborhoods. There are very few people who remember what Terrus was like before what's called the "Great Expansion" happened. The Great Expansion was the event that converted all the natural land into city, due to advances in machinery (or technology, if you'd rather do the cyberpunk route). Humanity quickly dominated the wildlife and tribal people of the forests, plains, and mountains. Thousands of mines sprung up all over the world, to mine the essential resources to keep something of that scale going indefinitely. All of this, is controlled by a single government, the One Crown Republic of Terrus. Everybody knew the "Republic" part was a joke, as it was pure monarchy. The vast majority of Terruns (citizens of Terrus) believe in the all-powerful goddess Gyra, who is said to have created the planet, humanity, and everything else. Even the very first steam machine, and even gifted Terruns with the knowledge on how to build and improve these machines. When it rains, some say that's Gyra sobbing about what her beautiful world has become, and the fact that it's all her own fault.
(If you've got any questions about the world, feel free to PM me and ask, don't post anything here please!)

~Potential Ideas~
So, I actually have several different ways I've been thinking about approaching this.

1. A vigilante trying to control the ungodly crime levels around the city planet, only to become more and more hated by police and civilians until they can prove themselves (Batman style, minus the billionaire part).

2. Someone trying to summon Gyra down from the heavens, so that she can right all the evils of the world... including the Great Expansion, and resetting the world to how she created it.

3. A rebellion leader attempting to gather more supporters to overthrow the monarchs, and take the throne to shape the world how they see fit, no matter how that may be, noble or selfish.

4. A high ranking government official wanting to take control through political means.. and lots of blackmail. (really only for people who enjoy political stuff, but you never know)

5. A former tribal native getting used to living in a modernized society, separated from their tribe and in a place where everything they once knew is considered primitive and wrong.

If none of these tickle your fancy bits, but you'd still like to do something with the world, feel free to PM me about it!

~Requirements/About Me~
Please at least be able to crank out 2-4 paragraphs per post, and have grammar passable for a high school essay. I don't expect it to be perfect, as mine has flaws too and I'm no hypocrite (For example, I tend to frequently use commas and ellipses).
I'm able to post multiple times a day, but sometimes I have unexpected things happen, so I'll disappear for a few days. It's none of my business how old you are, so please don't feel compelled to tell me.
I only do one-on-one in PM, and I only main female or futa characters, unless I'm GMing (like I will be here).
As far as your character goes, just don't be overpowered and please make them fit into the world and have a place in it (i.e, none of that "transported from another dimension" trash or anything like that, unless you can very cleverly weasel it into the story.)

That about sums it up! Feel free to PM me if you're interested, I'm looking forward to doing this​

Status
Not open for further replies.