Terra Dracones (The Land of Dragons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gollullas's eyes sprang open. He groaned, and then looked into the hunters eyes... He jumped up, but fell straight down again. His wings were shredded, and it felt like he had a punctured lung. He looked up at the strange being. "Heal me, and heal me as fast as you can!" He roared.

In the blur of a moment, the elder dragon caught the harpoon's chain. Zulzag's efforts to hang onto Zer's back was thwarted easily. Soon he found himself being played with in the air. Fear gripped him like a heart attack.

The assassins were professionals though and weren't done yet.

Holding his breath, Zulzag cocked his next harpoon. A sonic boom from the armor piercing sniper was heard. A second later he felt himself free falling again. Another sonic boom. He fell even further before engaging his harpoon again.

Hidden in his left was a sitcky bomb he would slap on Zer, "You've been sleeping too long, we've gotten stronger! You will die unless you listen to me!!"

Stella widened her eyes as she stood up and raised her hand infront of the dragon. "Then hold still. I can't heal you if you speak so much." Placing a hand on the dragon's leg a flame burst again as she starts healing the dragon fully while looking at the death dragon fighting above them.

Zers looked at the hunter evilly, his second arpon slashing though his arm so he would let his body go. He started flying down with great velocity, taking his body again to smash it against the ground and several trees along with him. Standing up, he placed two of his large claws on both his shoulders to pin him down, inserting his claws on his flesh slowly. "Listed to you?! If being alive means to be owned by you... I rather choose death! Liberty above peace, all the time."

After the healing was done, gollullas launched into the air, flying as fast as he could to the hunter. He crashed into Zers claws first, smashing him to the ground. He knew he'd lost the element of surprise, and grabbed the hunter in his claws, flying his crippled body to the sniper that was set up. He looked at the man. "I'll distract him, you do the damage, mortal" he nodded in a newfound respect for the man. He then sprang at Zers, his fire building in his stomach and his mouth wide open, showing razor sharp teeth.

Zers lifted his head up just a second before another dragon crashed against him, making him release the hunter from his claws. The black dragon growled evilly looking at the other taking away his contestant, looking who was the perpetrator. "Gollullas!" He looked at the elder evilly for stepping into his battle without invitation. Looking at the arpon in his wing, he took it with force and removed it quickly, doing the same with the second one in his arm before he returned. Lifting up his head, his green eyes followed Gollullas as he neared him again. Waiting the right moment, Zers lowered his head and launched himself forwards against him. Feeling the dragon right over him, he lifted his head quickly to insert all of his sharp horns into his flesh, the spikes all over his back helping him to cause more damage. "Dragons protect their own! Why all I see now are dragons protecting humans?! This is not your fight Gollullas!"

Stella looked up and stared at the fight before her dragon snake appeared "Oh...hello Ron." She greeted while petting his head while deciding to wonder around the swamp hidden a bit then sometimes taking a few glances above her. But seeing there were a few people here she hid further so she could walk in peace.

" I understand that you are but a human, but you still serve a purpose to me. It was the connection. It created a bridge that transfers power between us making the both of us stronger the closer together we are. When we become separated, the bridge weakens and can break."
Almost to the top, she took another glance at her wing, still stained red and dragging uselessly. She would have to get it fixed soon because if a dragon can't fly, then it may as well be dead. A dragon needs to fly because every year, just like birds, dragons move to warmer areas and breeding areas throughout the seasons but they have to fly unless they are those select few breeds of dragon that don't have wings which Lucinda is not, so, she very much needs her wings.

Gollullas roared in pain as the harpoon dug into his body. "I fight, because there is no difference between a human life and a dragon life! We are all equal!" He crashed to the ground, bleeding profusely, but unwilling to take the harpoons out, because they were barbed. He lay on his back. "What now, O' mighty Zers? Will you kill me, or eat my soul" he jeered, even on the brink of death.

@Wordsmith
@That Bear

(O.o it wasn't a harpoon dear, but the horns over his head. http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2014/160/f/a/necrotic_dragon_elder_by_chaos_draco-d7lnqwd.jpg )

Zers looked over at the elder dragon on the ground. Walked near him, he looked at his wounds making sure he will not die because of them. "You know I don't kill dragons, Gollullas, but the contrary." He placed his injured arm over his own wound and let the green blood fall over him. After a few seconds, smoke was seen from the elder's wound and he started healing again. "Just don't get your snout where you aren't called, elder. If I don't kill humans, I die. As simple as that. Every creature seals to survive. I was created this way for a reason. You are a smart dragon, think why." He growled, annoyed to give explanations. Turning away, he flew over to the human hunter once again, looked over at the snipper evilly as he landed in front of them, his sharp tail ready to trespass his chest of he dared to touch that gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Devin paused, completely stripped of his ability to speak. Was it possible that they... bonded with each other? And what purpose did he serve to her? After all, it was her that saved him. Not the other way around.
"Wait, so... does that mean...?"

Pausing, her head lifted into the breeze like she was only hours earlier that day before it had all gone awry. She closed her eyes and took deep long breaths as if she were in thought before sighing.
" There are dragons who have been studying the connection for centurions worth of life and death in itself. My mother is one of them. For generations my forefathers have been trying to decipher the connection's purpose and why it happened. They have even tried to mimic it with other animals but the results were tragic and often resulted in injury or permanent deformations. So, after seeing this repeatedly, I decided not to study it as my mother and sire did. I want nothing to do with it. However it seems I have gotten myself tangled up in it anyway. Most who have studied it think that the connection can be copied and used for other purposes in our own draconic science sort of way. Others however have different ideas. Some think that the connection is beyond us and out of our control, they believe the connection is more of a supernatural thing not to be messed with. I don't care if I can alter it or not, and to be honest, you would be wise not to make any attempt to alter or use it for anything other than it's currently known purpose."

Having said this, she jumped up the mountainside instead of grappling her way up this time and she reached the top. Surrounded by grey clouds, rain falling in a misty sheet as she curled around the mountain's peak. Unable to see any sunlight except what small beams came down from between the clouds, passing over them almost as if it were a light show. It was beautiful.
Clouds over.jpg

Devin listened closely to this, ignoring whatever questions tried to force themselves into his mind. It was quite a bit to absorb, after all...
After she finally became settled on the mountain's peak, he leapt down from where he sat atop the dragon's head, gazing out into the distance. Aside from the freezing cold rain, the view would have been perfect. The way the sun beamed through the clouds and touched the forest below almost looked like an altered image made to fit a computer's desktop. It almost seemed to beautiful to be truly there...
"The connection is there for a reason..." He said softly. "The way it is, the way people and dragons alike live with it... It's all there for a specific reason. If anything, the way it is now is perfect, and possibly the best thing anyone can ask for. If you ask me, there wouldn't be a single thing about the connection I would try to alter in any way." He sighed and sat with his back against the cold, hard surface of the mountain. "Look, I know how crazy it all is, and how hesitant you are about it all. Believe me, I am too. The last dragon I ever came close to bonding with, the one that practically cared for me as a child, was murdered right in front of me. Ever since then, I've always been hesitant... No, terrified of bonding again, for fear that the same thing will happen."
He sighed, waiting silently for a response, shivering against the cold rain. In the back of his mind, he cursed himself for not being properly prepared.

Watching him stand in the rain, she felt she needed to do the same as his previous dragon would have done. She felt that he was still, in a way, connected to that dragon but not in the same way that he was connected to her. Almost like it was a connection embedded deep within him that would never break. She lowered her head down behind him and she let out a warm rush of air around him. He did look like he was about to turn into ice in this rain, she had scales and feathered wings, she never worried about being cold around here; but she never thought that a human would be with her so she never thought to keep one warm.

" You must'v been close. You made a deeper connection and it's one that I doubt will go away for a very long time. Tell me, who was that dragon who you first bonded with? And what happened?"

Devin gave a melancholic sigh and looked away, the painful memories once again surfacing.
"Her name was Jezzie. When I was three years old, my parents abandoned me and... well... left me for dead, basically. I still to this day have no idea why, or what they were thinking, but they did... I was strolling through the forest, hungry, cold, and scared out of my mind, calling for my mother. Then, all of a sudden this large dragon lands in front of me and just... stares at me. Being only three, I was more curious than scared. So I walk up to her and hold my hand out to pet her snout, and... well... there was a connection right there. Even at that moment, I knew that she would do everything in her power to make sure I never felt the pain of being alone again..."
He brought his hand to his face to wipe a tear, hoping the dragon wouldn't be watching. "Ten years later, she was attacked by a group of hunters. I was in town getting camping supplies when I heard her... calling for me. I dropped everything right there and ran as fast as I could... and right there in front of me, a dark-hooded man pulled a sword and... just..."
He stopped, unable to continue further, turning his face away. He tried to scoff, but it sounded more like a muffled sob instead. A few more tears streamed down his face, but he made no move to dry them.

She saw now that t indeed was a deep connection and for her to have been murdered right in front of him like that, It had to have left a heavy emotional scar on him. Nudging him slightly, she folded her arms under her and she lay down, her tail and back legs clasped to the mountain-side.

" Well I hope it never happens again. A war is coming. I plan on living through it even if it means I have to fight to do it... and you are going to live through it with me."

Wiping his eyes, Devin settled against the rocky surface he was leaning against and closed his eyes, breathing a shaky sigh.
"Yeah..." He said softly, wrapping his hoodie tighter around him. He wondered when the rain would let up and allow him to get some much-needed-sleep.

Satisfied that she had accomplished not dying, she dozed off again, keeping her human close to her, wandering what had become of Gollulas and the others whom she had encountered earlier. She hoped none of them were hurt, or worse dead. But she could only hope and pray for her friend, knowing she couldn't return to him tonight. She needed to rest so she could travel to her homeland. The Sunspire Plains. It was where she had memories and a mother who was probably busy and worried for her. She had to show this to her community, she ad to let them know of her dream. Though deep down she knew, it wasn't a dream, it was a vision. And she had to make sure it didn't come to be a reality...

Devin suddenly jolted awake, his heart thudding within his chest. Again, he had another nightmare... so much for his much-needed sleep...
He stood up, the warmth of the dragon that had been sleeping next to him quickly drained from his body. Taking a deep breath, he gazed off into the distance. It had been at least a few hours since they stopped, and it was no longer raining, but the grey clouds still lingered.
Turning to the dragon, he debated on whether or not he should wake her up, but quickly decided against it. She needed rest more than he did, especially if wherever she planned on going was a great distance away..

Again entering the grayness of sleep, she searched for the little purple cloud, failing to find it. Wandering about, searching for any kind of sign that she would see dreams or visions again.She finally found a whiteness and she entered it. Coming into a memory from when she first flew in the spring time breeze. Her mother glided beside her, her four huge wings barely touching hers. she was young and her wings were smaller and still fluffy looking. she was so excited as the sunlight glimmered down upon the two of them. Other dragons flew about watching as their ""queen"" flew with her newest hatching. It was one of Lucinda's favorites. Then she smiled as it faded away. One of the rare moments of peace she had was when she saw her memories like this. It was a special one, the only time she had ever been able to truly bond with her mother. And now she was going to try it again. She missed ti when she was little and her mother hovered over her, keeping her safe...
white_dragon_by_saarl-d2vnx2q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.