Terra Dracones (The Land of Dragons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally spotting the humans, she watched them, a smile pulling at the edges of her mouth.
"well, what do we have here? Some humans looking for dragons. Let's see how close they are willing to come..."
Lucinda, slid back a little, watching the two females intently, wondering what they would do.
She was rather enjoying it.

Name: Zulzag
Race: Human
Picture:
valkyria_chronicles_zaka1.jpg

Personality: Cold, hard, calculating, and quiet. Zulzag is an aggressive man of war and pride, but honor and virtue mean everything for him. Tough and gritty, an iron shell shields his heart from things like emotion and love. He has trouble communicating anything other than hate so he tends to be a loner. Zulzag has accepted his own mortality to the extreme.

Zulzag crept silently behind the two women walking into the forest. In normal circumstances, he would have been called a rapist or at the very least a creeper. This was farther from the truth though, the reality was much worse. Zulzag actually planned on using them as bait to lure out an evil dragon.

There are no rules in war... He told himself to justify his actions.

The evil dragon had no earthly name. Nor had the warrior ever seen him. This would not stop him though, nay his determination would never falter. Even if he had resort to the most far fetched and strange tactics.

Hiding among the heavy undergrowth far from the two women, Zulzag waited silently with a repeating crossbow in hand. No one will deny me... Zulzag pondered to himself how he would identify the culprit.

Gollullas sensed something sinister in the air. "Be careful young one, I don't have a good feeling about this" he rumbled. He readied his fire, stomach visibly glowing. He sat up, and looked around him.

Creeping forward a snails pace, Zulzag was careful not to make any sign he was even present in the forest. He wore a wool mesh that had leaves, plants, and bark interwoven in the threads as camoflague. The covert suit would keep him hidden from any untrained human, but dragons where another story. They were more difficult to fool, but none-the-less they could still be decieved.

Now much closer to the scene, Zulzag stopped completely and even started shallow breathing. He would observe for a long while before making any moves. There was a good chance also that Zulzag would not strike today, but simply gather intelligence on his prey and used an entirely new tactics later. Only time would tell.

"I was raised in a vally, there were shadows and death,
Got out alive, but with scars I can't forget...
This kid back in school, subdued and shy,
An orphan and a brother and unseen by most eyes.
I don't know what it was that made a piece of him die,
Took a boy to the forest, slaughtered him with a scythe.
Stamped on his face, an impression in the dirt,
Do you think the silence makes a good man convert?
We all have our horrors and our demons to fight,
But how can I win when I'm paralyzed?
They crawl up on my bed, wrap their fingers around my throat,
Is this what I get for the choices that I've made?
God forgive me, for all my sins.
God forgive me, for everything.
God forgive me, for all my sins.
God forgive me, God forgive me...."

Devin let out a melancholic sigh as he listened closely to the song, the obvious pain in the lyrics reminding him very much of his own life. He shifted his position on the tree branch he had been lying on and pulled his headset off, winding them up carefully around the Mp3 player and stuffing them in the pocket of his jeans.
Why was he even here, besides the fact that his uncle persuaded him to go? Obviously, he was supposed to be looking for a dragon to bond with. He chuckled, more depressing than humorous. What dragon would want to waste it's time helping him?
The only dragon he ever came close to bonding with died a long time ago... the very dragon that had cared for him when his parents abandoned him when he was only a small boy...
His thoughts were interrupted when he suddenly heard voices less than a few yards from him.
Great... people... He thought, rolling his eyes. It seems he wasn't the only one here... rising to a sitting position on the tree, he scanned the area. It wasn't hard to find the source, which just so happened to be two girls less than a few yards away from the tree he was siting in.
Well, he might as well introduce himself, he figured. It might be a good thing to make a few friends, especially in these parts of the forest where God-knows-what could be lurking.
Balancing carefully, he stood to his feet and prepared to climb down. Before he could reach a lower branch, there was a loud crack as the one he stood on suddenly gave out inderneath his feet, sending him tumbling toward the ground. So much for being lightweight...
He let out a groan as he landed on his back with an audible thud. He gasped, the impact knocking the wind out of him.
Grimacing, he slowly rose to one of his knees, staggering a bit. Okay... That... really hurt...

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping herself focused on the humans in the forest, she heeded Gollus's warning. She herself tensed as she knew someone else had come to join them. Someone with darker intentions than to obtain a dragon...
" If i have to save another human I swear I will tear off my wings."
Lucinda had saved humans before and they showed little gratitude towards her. She was getting tired of it and din't want to save any more than she had to. But, she planned on having to do it anyway, knowing that if she didn't interfere this time, something very bad would happen. Something worse than anything she had seen in a long time.

Name: Stella Knight
Race: Half Human half dragon.
Picture:
Black%E2%98%85Rock.Shooter.~Innocent.Soul~.600.1444950.jpg

Personality: Calm, Strange and Silent she doesn't pretty much converse with other human nor dragons only sometimes but she is very sharp and observant. She has a mastery of sword fighting and has the dragon's fire Sometimes when showing the power of a dragon a blue flame will appear on her eye as her senses increase. Not sure where her exact home is ,she often travels somewhere in the mountains where she trains herself to become stronger.

On the other hand she usually uses a black katana and has a pet black dragon snake that appears whenever he likes.

Meanwhile by the mountains Stella slept on a strong tree branch while the wind flowed though her making her black hair fly in front like wings while Her favorite sword was stabbed to a branch above her. She sure had to admit today was a calm day for her for not anything weird nor dangerous has happened to her. Shifting to the other side she made sure she didn't fall because of the tree's height which is more than 15 ft tall. Stella sighed and continued to nap for awhile. As for her dragon snake he wrapped himself around her leg and slept. But then hearing a sound not far away they both still ignored it and continued to sleep.

The two female humans had showed themselves to the dragons. What would happen next? They would just peacefully talk or they'd be some kind of fight? Dyzek was focused on the encounter, but he sensed something really strange not far from his position. It seemed he wasn't the only one lurking. There was another creature around. Dyzek descended, so that he could be in direct contact with the earth and have a better "view" of everything. Sticking his claws in the dirt, the dragon connected himself with the nature around him. Something that didn't belong to the forest was moving, but it was something well hidden.

A cracking noise followed by a loud noise caught his attention, and he stopped trying to find what was the hidden creature to see what happened. He saw another human - what were all those humans doing in the forest?? - on his knees. He had definitely fell from a branch. The dragon couldn't avoid to chuckle. It was a calm, deep laughter that didn't take long to disappear, but clearly reveled his position. As funny as he thought falling from a tree might be, that poor human did seem hurt. He talked to him, still keeping a distance. His skin was a perfect camouflage in the forest, so he didn't know if the human would see him, but he would surely hear him. "Can you still walk, human?"

Devin's head jerked up, scanning the area around him. He couldn't exactly see where the voice came from, but he now had an idea, given the direction from which he heard it. He could've sworn he also heard it chuckle...
"W-who's there?" He called. He tried getting to his feet, but his knees were unsteady beneath him and he had to lean against a tree for support. He winced as he felt a pain in his left shoulder blade, hoping it wasn't broken...
He reached for the hidden handgun in his hoodie, but avoided pulling it out. The voice didn't seem at all threatening, but he still remained cautious.
"Where are you?" He asked, scanning the direction the voice came from.

Lucinda wanted to have some fun today, and she was getting bored. Taking another glance at Gollallus, she seemed to send him a message saying that she would do her best not to cause too much trouble or to get herself into any. With that, the spread her wings open, wing whipping at the feathers, and she took of into the air. Coming to circle above the dragon and, from what she could sense, four humans, up in the clouds looking down upon them. When she finally found a good place to land, an over-sized oak tree plenty big enough for her, she dove down like a spear and landed rather lightly in the canopy of the tree. Her white scales standing out against the brown and green of the tree, her bright green eyes shining softly in the dimness of the forest with the sunlight glittering down through the leaves.
She saw the younger, curious, dragon at a minutes glance, sensing his presence easily, and then accounting for the several humans here.

" I see we have a bit of a fuss here. What in the name of Shardeth is going on?" She said, her voice a bit louder than normal, expecting a quick answer, remaining rapped around the trees thick branches, her tail wrapped around the trunk. Shardeth was a great and powerful dragon who lived in the sky islands. He was kind of like a ruler but he had lost some of his higher ranking over the past few years, although he is still regarded as a powerful dragon so we use his name in place of what the humans call God.

It is like modern day with dragons and a fantasy sort of setting mixed in. So take today, and add dragons, floating islands, stuff like that.

Dyzek approached to the human, at a distance that he should definitely see him. Anyway, he didn't get too close, because humans were well known for attacking creatures that didn't deserve it, just for stupid reasons. The earth dragon always thought they were a primitive specie for that particular reason, but still some of them were not that bad, and most were really interesting. "Calm down, I'm not gonna eat you or anything. However, I'm sure that if you just stay here without being able to walk, something else will." said to the human boy, ignoring his questions. He looked at him, slightly twisting his head. He had approached to help him, and he looked as if he needed it, but he had no idea what to do. Dyzek didn't know a thing about healing humans, and he was definitely not taking him on his back, so there was pretty much nothing he could do.

The young dragon turned around to see the white dragon that had just spoken out loud. That was a certainly strange meeting of a higher than usual number of humans and dragons. "We have a human right here that will probably need a ride." said to the white female that demanded an explanation. Hopefully, she would take care of him. He was a lot more cautious around humans than around those of his own specie.

Last edited:
She sighed in frustration, climbing out of the tree and carefully picking the human up and putting him up between her wings, right where the green fluff on he neck started and came up to her head.
" You are really lucky, I didn't want to do this today but I'm being benevolent today."

Lucinda looked back at the younger dragon before her.

" be careful here. Someone is watching and I don't think he came to get a dragon, I think he came to summon one. One that has been buried beneath the power of the great one's for centuries..."

Lucinda took one more glance at the two females, and then the climbed back into the canopy, flying into the clouds.

" so, where do I have to take you?" She said, turning her head back to look at the human on her back.

Zulzag continue to observe the scene in silence. The repeating crossbow had four different coloured flares in order to alert his comrades of the situation. A simple squeeze of the hairline trigger would launch a smoke flare 200 yards into the air.

As usual, the humans in the forest attracted the presence of dragons.there were two white dragons, one of them had purple stripes. the warrior could not imagine the white dragons as his target for they seemed good in nature. Before more data could be obtained, a loud thud could be heard coming from his side. It was a human who had fallen from the tree. Another dragon swooped down moments later to converse with this human.This dragon was an earth one and caught the attention of Zulzag, however he dared not move an inch.

Now that the brown dragon was in his midst, the warrior had no room for error. Any attempt to move from his current location with any haste would result in detection, but he had little choice. Inching backwards he moved only a centimeter every couple of minutes. Hopefully with any luck he would be able to get out of line of sight again. His only saving grace being his guilly suit.

(( thx. I like your character. Sneaky.))

Lucinda hoped the younger dragon would heed to her advice but she doubted it so she decided that this human was going to be a burden and that she needed to drop him off somewhere inside of civilization, or perhaps just somewhere safer than where he was. So she turned around and flew back.
She watched the human and dove back down into the trees, making sure her passenger didn't get smacked with any branches.
Landing some bit away from where she had found him, she put him in a tree, instructed him to stay put, and walked through the forest until she came back to the original area of confrontation.
Again seeing that nothing had happened she lifted her head into air and inhaled deeply, picking up any scents that didn't belong here, meaning the humans. She knew the exact location of three now, not wanting to bother the females, she evened her breathing. She hadn't detected the fourth human, the one sneaking around. She knew he was there but she couldn't find him.
She walked a bit around between the trees, never finding the human she knew was hidden, but still wanting to know his location.

" where are you..."

She narrowed her eyes and seemed more sinister now as she searched for him.

Dyzek was relieved she took care of him. He would have hated to allow a human to ride him, but wouldn't either enjoy leaving a hurt creature alone in the woods, so everything went perfectly. Hearing the warning from the white female, he opened his eyes widely. The other presence... how could he forget about that so easily? What if it was really a threat? He had been really sloppy about that, and he couldn't allow himself to be that way. Not anymore.

The dragon focused on his surroundings, being completely alert of any attack. He crouched, ready to jump either to attack or fly away under any threat. The earth below his paws wasn't telling him anything important. Now that he was once again focused, he sensed the presence once again, but had no idea where it came for. It seemed it was being careful not to make any vibrations. Besides, whatever was that was hiding around knew his position already, which was a great disadvantage. "Are you going to show yourself, lurker, or should I just fly away?" challenged him. Dyzek was curious about what was this other human presence and which were its intentions, but he wouldn't stay around until he gave him a chance to surprise him.

Stella noticed the presence of dragons as she opened her other eye. Seeing that there were two dragons trying to hunt someone she stood up to take a closer look. But her eye was starting to burst in flames making other dragons sense this. Widening her eyes in surprise she took a step back and leaped of the branch while grabbing her sword before jumping from branch to branch to break her fall. Despite she was a half dragon human she didn't really want to show her power so suddenly to people and worse dragons. Who knows they might capture her? but she let that pass as she made a neat landing on the ground.

Zulzag continued to creep backwards at a snails pace. His body was straining in full physical effort. Still observing the dragons, his mind attempted to analyze their words and movements, all the while controlling the primal human fear of the beasts.

The white one seemed concerned for the boy who fell from the tree. It swooped the kid up and flew away. The brown one remain quietly crouched. Zulzags mind raced a million miles per hour, but couldn't make a decision about what to do. The white dragon quickly came back, but then the brown one issued a challenge for Zulzag to show himself.

Stress began to build as the dread of being caught came over him. Many different tactics and ideas ran through Zulzag's mind. In the end, he was totally against confronting the brown dragon.

Continuing his painfully slow crawl, the warrior hoped the the brown dragon would leave. If he had to deal with any dragons verbally, he rather deal with the white one. A drop of bitter sweat fell off his nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.